Electric Blankets Buying Guide

Along with hot drinks and thick socks, electric blankets are one of winter’s most-loved creature comforts. If you’re looking for wraparound warmth that clings to you deliciously, an electric blanket or heated throw is a top pick.

Read now

1 month out of warranty the controller failed, can't obtain another.

Controller failed one month after warranty period. I have tried and failed to purchase a new controller. I definitely won't purchase another, like the old adage you only get what you pay for. That is all

Purchased in March 2018 for A$39.99.

Wendy C.

Wendy C.

lovely and warm

received one of Aldi's heated throws for mothers day last year (2019), love it. Lovely and warm and with up to a 9 hour timer. Its great for these cold winter days/nights, price is reasonable too. I was so impressed that when they had them for sale this year I purchased on for my daughter for mothers day, she loves hers too

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$35.00.

Noladee

NoladeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love it

Got it for mother’s day I take to the room where I am going to read or watch tv .I used to have to put the house heating up ,now I use my blanket, I will save a fortune ,,love it

Purchased at ALDI.

Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Find out how ALDI Heated Throw compares to other Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Schumi

SchumiNorth Western Region, NSW

Not working well

Bought the easy home throw last week. Looking forward to using it - but big disappointment. Has nine 9 settings but even on 9 it doesn’t really get warm and it’s uneven, bottom part remained cold. Will have to return it.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$35.00.

Kay S.

Kay S.Sydney, NSW

Works fast

Last year purchased, now my son uses it and I've brought a new one. Works so fast. I use on top of my quilt as I get sweaty fast...
Will purchase next year too!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Cranebrook for A$35.00.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Love it

The Aldi heated throw is just perfect for cool winter nights. I use mine on the couch when watching TV and also to keep warm before going to bed. It has a timer and up to 9 different heat settings. It will save you money as you won't need to run the heater! A great investment if you hate the cold.

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI for A$24.00.

Jen lewis

Jen lewis

Awesome product

There are 3 setting on my grey/silver throw rug. At first I didnt think it was working... l kept feeling the top of the throw rug for heat but when l lifted up the throw rug, l realised my chair was lovely and warm.
These are awesome.

Purchased at ALDI for A$43.00.

Rick B

Rick BDarling Downs, QLD

Cheap heat

This is my second winter with the Aldi electric throw. Our house had ducted reverse cycle aircon, which is great when you are up and about, but over the top for when you’re being a couch potato. I’m a bit of a frog but this keeps me lovely and warm, and allows my wife to delight in the chill at the other end of the couch.....though when it’s really fresh we share it. She sometimes has trouble sleeping and this enables her to get comfortable without having to run a massive heating system.

Purchased in April 2018 at Aldi Toowoomba.

Peggy P.

Peggy P.Hunter Region, NSW

Lovely and warm

Super warm and snug. Can only have it on number3 setting for half hour as i get too hot. But love it on a cold night when you simply cant warm up

Purchased in July 2019 for A$37.00.

Tanya K.

Tanya K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't heat up!

I purchased an ALDI heated throw blanket. (31 May 2019)
It said to put on temp 9 for 2 hrs for first use...and nothing it was still cold? Turned off & on tried different temps and times but still cold.
So I returned to ALDI to exchange thinking must have a faulty throw but
having exact same issues with the 2nd one?? So back to the ALDI tomorrow....Very disappointed!!
I had previously purchased other heated throws from Big W & they heated up within a minute but they had recall... although I was happy & had no issues I had to return due to recall) I was looking forward to this one from ALDI but unfortunately it doesn't want to work for me...must be a lucky dip to get a working one

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for A$37.99.

Val and Frank

Val and Frank

Aldi heated throw

I Was looking forward to trying out my new Aldi heated throw on such a cool night but, unfortunately, after 3 hours, it still hasn’t heated up. Back for a refund tomorrow. Very disappointed.

Purchased in May 2019.

Jenny K

Jenny K

Warm and Cuddly

This week i purchased a heated throw from Aldi and was delighted to find one in a matching colour to my lounge suite. Its going to be perfect for our so called Northern winter for those nights that you need the warmth and the added comfort of cuddly. Very inexpensive and a lovely addition to my decor.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for A$36.99.

Geoffrey C.

Geoffrey C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer working

I bought my Easy Home Heated Throw Blanket and it worked ok for a while and then I had problems with the on off switch. After being in a cupboard over summer I brought it out to use and now it doesn’t work at all. Another poor product from ALDI.

Purchased in July 2018 at ALDI for A$35.00.

Patricia V

Patricia VAU

At the moment it has the same importance as my handbag :)))

I can not think of any bad thing about this throw. At my work I have 6 meter high ceilings and it cost me a fortune to heat up the space. Having the throw around at the moments behind my desk, makes a huge difference in comfort during this 3 coldest months.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Lumina Throw Rug

I bought two (one for my old mum and one for me) from Aldi over 5 years ago. Both are still working fine. I love it and it's so much easier than lighting the fire. It's big enough to cover your whole body, and has multiple heat settings and timer so you can't accidentally leave it on. Great value at about $30.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

star_armani

star_armaniSunshine Coast

Love the product

Awesome throw rug .... works so well, fast to heat up, 9 heat settings ... can't keep my dog or cat off it though! LOL I even take it to work.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Michelle

Michelle

Great price for winter

I bought this about a year ago from Aldi for $40. It heats up quickly, is safe and importantly when using for kids, it’s machine washable. The stitching did start coming away from the hem recently but is easy fixed myself. I would buy again (I actually bought 3 anyway!)

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Anita

Anita

Great product!

Aldi simply doesn't disappoint!I bought this blanket last year and it has saved me a lot in electricity costs . I live by myself so have been using the electric throw instead of heating the whole house . It's really snuggly and warms up super quick , I would definitely recommend this product . Great even after washing it in the washing machine

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Corinna L

Corinna LNSW, 2340

Awesome throw rug, would never buy another

Throw rug is very soft, provides a gentle warmth and is quick to heat up. Cord is very long which is handy. The 9 temp settings are nice but probably doesn't need that many, and the timer is a great feature, especially if you sleep with it on the bed.

The size is good for one person, but a bit too small if on the bed or sharing with another person on the lounge.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dave

DaveBrisbane

No complaints here

Great product from ALDI. the throw heats up in little time and is consistent with the heat. there is a different heating settings along with a timer which is fantastic. The throw is great for winter in Queensland as it doesn't get too cold. I hope it still works as good with this years winter. good product

Date PurchasedMay 2017