2.3

Aldi stuff

Aldi stuff

Best rice cooker ever own

Best rice cooker and steam I have ever own stream the Vegs excellent it worth Stars five and I would buy again can't fault this kitchen toys and clean up nice

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $18.99.

William

WilliamCentral Queensland, QLD

Malfunction

Bought over a month ago and now became malfunctioning which was sometimes power out while cooking and not cook well. The Circuit board malfunctioning and heard an electric buzzing sound.

Purchased in March 2021 at ALDI for $48.00.

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

It work very good as same my old Tiger cooker

I bought this multifunction rice cooker at Aldi early 2021 with $59!? quite cheap compare with my old Tiger cooker ($330), so we use this and keep Tiger as spare. Turn out this Aldi works very good and we have nothing complaints so far, it also can cook crispy rice. The only thing is we have to turn off after the rice cooked if we don’t want get rice burn from the bottom overnight.

Purchased in January 2021 for $58.00.

Hard Driver

Hard DriverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Died second use

This rice cooker is absolute, total and utter rubbish! I wish it were possible to give it zero stars! The stupid lump of junk died the second time we used it, leaving a horrible burnt electrical smell in the house! Utterly worthless piece of junk!

Purchased at ALDI.

The best of the best

Had Ours for well over 3 years with consistently daily use. Never had an issue. Was our second one. Worked really well even after the hinges on the lid broke off after becoming brittle. So decided to replace with another brand. Will really like to have our old lumina back as it was tops.

Purchased in March 2016 at ALDI.

Worst rice cooker I’ve had

Probably the worst piece of kitchen equipment I’ve ever owned in my entire life. The water spills over every single time and It never cooked evenly. Dried, burnt, soaking wet, a combination of all ? I’ve had it all. C’mon just $20 , I just chucked it to the bin.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $20.00.

MaggiMayPeel, WA

Better than expected

After reading a few reviews on Aldi's Rice Cooker, I decided to try it for myself anyway. It's a bargain-priced unit - but it does a great job.
I noticed that several people mentioned the spatter that comes from the lid and makes a mess on the bench .. .. so to save this happening to me, I laid a light teatowel over the top, just in case.
I'm glad I did as it saved a little mess - but there wasn't much spatter anyway!
We ended up with beautifully cooked brown rice and on another occasion lovely quinoa, which I cooked in vegetable stock to add a light flavour.
For under $20, I'm extremely happy and would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive Rice Cooker.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $19.99.

angela A.

angela A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unfortunately got a faulty one

I purchased one recently and after 4 uses it stopped working... ALDI refunded however no more stock available. Shame because the results were good the four times I used it..

Purchased in August 2019 for $20.00.

Frances

FrancesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Aldi Perfect (as usual)

Love, love, love it ! Just like all the products (kitchen gadgets inter alia) that I have bought from Aldi. It cooks my rice perfectly whilst I get on with other chores…………what else could I want from a rice cooker.

Helena

HelenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect rice

Brought my rice cooker this morning from Aldi Made the rice, let it sit in the warmer for five minutes, it was fluffy and not sticky.
Would recommend this product as l can see it will make perfect rice every time.

Will

WillSydney

This rice cooker overheated and melted

After a couple of weeks use, this product overheated and the plastic parts melted on it. After a bit of waiting around in the store, Aldi gave me a full refund. I have bought other Aldi electrical products; Bauhn Hi-fi and headphones, Sterling microwave, Crofton blender and although competitively priced they are rather low quality. There is an old saying; ‘buy cheap, buy twice’. I now avoid impulse buying of Aldi electrical products.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
1shot

1shotSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of the lucky few

Had this rice cooker for many years and used at least 1-2 times per week. Did not turn on one day and the bottom element had melted just as described in other reviews. The front panel had started to melt slightly. Will miss it for sure. The non stick coating got a bit ordinary over time but put it down to normal wear and use.

Pao_79

Pao_79AU

Very disappointed with the quality LUMINA rice cooker

I had to returned mine today. After trying this rice cooker so many times, I just gave up.
Reasons: 1. Water coming through the hole in the lid, (my kitchen bench was a mess I thought maybe is the brand but no). 2. It tended to over cook rice at the bottom. 3. Gave off very strange smell. 4. I couldn't cook a nice rice it was always sticky. I've contacted ALDI customer service (they were great) which they transfered my call to the supplier (what a waste of my time) they confirmed it cannot be fixed and they don't have parts, please return to the store.

Not good!

Used for the first time today and rice was bunt brown on the bottom. The cooker also gave off a strange smell whilst it was on, not sure why as it had been washed prior to use. This is my second Lumina rice cooker and the other one was better but still tended to over cook rice at the bottom. You know what they say "buy cheap, buy twice..."! Well I won't be buying this one again.

Hepburn

Hepburn

Beware

Like others here this unit's element fused and caused the aluminium surrounding to melt into the plastic base almost causing a fire. I am in the process of contacting the ACCC recommending they look into a recall for this product. Just glad no harm came to my family or property.

Dennis Dunstan

Dennis DunstanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not quite perfect

Gave our good old reliable Sunveam to our daughters at Uni and went for the Aldi Lumina thinking it looked good.. WRONG
Burns rice every time and very hard to clean the "non stick" surface..
Learnt my lesson .. Cheap is good but Good is not Cheap !!!!

Cathy

CathyCanberra 2600, ACT

Disappointing

I have used my Lumina rice cooker from Aldi several times and each time the rice is burnt on the bottom. I havent kept my receipt and gather Aldi won't take my word for it being a dud product so will most likely throw in bin and buy a Breville!

Very disappointed on Aldi Brand

I had old one which was working good for a few years thought of buying Aldi brand. Bought new one from Aldi, threw old one into bin. Every time we used new one it burns rice at the botttom and sometime it does not move from cook to warm. Then I realized old was gold.

Do not buy Lumina Rice Cooker

vBro

vBroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just Learn How to Cook Rice

Doug Newmanasked

Ambiano Digital Rice Cooker (Jul 2020, Feb 2021)

The manual does not list typical cooking times for rice - interested in knowing how long the cooker would take to cook 2 cups of brown rice, Also interested in how much faster it is to cook using fast cook mode. A table of rice types by cooking times would be very helpful

Doug Newman

Thanks, I have and will experiment. Basically each time I use it for a new function nor amount I need to time it - just unnecessarily irritating to have to do that myself.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

But the cooking times are in the manual

Maria Claudia C.

Maria Claudia C.asked

Model number arc 509
Ambiano digital 10 cup
How much water for each cup of water? And each type of rice... I can't find this information anywhere?

For each cup of rice 1 cup of water

Des L

Des Lasked

Rice Cookers

Recently purchased the Aldi Ambiano 10 cup Rice cooker. The steamed rice was perfect, took 45 minutes to cook. I also attempted to cook a cake but was very dissatisfied with the result as the cake was uncooked after 50 minutes. Had to recook in the oven for another 25 minutes but had difficulty in transferring the cake from the cooking pot into my baking tray. Has anyone had success in cooking a cake? Your comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

MaggiMay

Sorry , it's a Rice Cooker, isn't it?? I would never consider using this to bake a cake. Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Rice Cookers

• 31 Jul 2019
  • 18 Jan 2020
Release dateJuly 2020June 2020Jan 2014
Discontinuation dateFeb 2021June 2020Jan 2020
Replaced byALDI Lumina 5 Cup Rice Cooker (Jun 2020)
Compare all 5 ALDI Rice Cookers