Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 0 Progression

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 0 Progression (2013-2014)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don’t do it

Too many electronic, door furniture faults to mention, very expensive to repair and no one in Australia knows what to do with it when it does fail, so I suggest to stay away unless you like to fix cars for a living because nobody else will, good luck because you will need it.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Love it!!!

I do love this car. It is a good car, not perfect, but I would not drive anything else. Firstly let me say that I am an ex-automotive engineer who has driven literally hundreds of cars including testing them at the proving ground. So my comparisons are extensive and as a bench marker, I drove budget to luxury and everything in between. The Alfa Romeo is for people who love them, just like the engineers who designed them, so I am willing to overlook a few things here and there. e.g. - visibility in other cars of this size is better. My start stop was back and forth to fix, but ultimately we worked out the problem just before the 3-year warranty expired. The gasket on my windshield fell apart at 2.5 years, but that is what you get when you buy a European car not made for the harsh Aussie sun - fixed under warranty too. Services are cheap if you shop around and disagree with the review on standard tyres - I find the P7s stick great and look better than the alternatives so i replaced ith the same at 45k. For a small car, it has outstanding control and the Alfa cockpit design is a great feel for those who love it. The wheels on this car go black very quickly compared to other cars but they wash very easily at the local You-Do. Great value for the price

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Great car

Bought new as a work car mid 2014 as I wanted a compact safe car with some pep. I used it for a year driving around metro Sydney and all over country NSW. I found the car to be extremely fuel efficient, comfortable, quiet and generally a great environment to be in for at times several hours. I was particularly impressed with how the car handled appalling country road surface conditions considering it probably hadnt been fine tuned for our road conditions. Equally impressive was the engine and transmission responsiveness overtaking and keeping up with far larger cars on the road. I have since taken a different role and have a company car. That said I decided to keep my Alfa for satisfaction reasons alone.

The only let down is the service department. But that said it's not too dissimilar to the experience of other marques. Advice is shop around for a service department you are happy with. Alfa Australia need to invest in more technician training otherwise there's no point in taking your car to an Alfa dealer for service. NRMA will do the manufacturer log book service cheaper.

TransmissionAutomatic

Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 multi air petrol 6 speed manual

24,000klms on the clock and 2 years ownership. Bought brand new 'Progression' model. Fun to drive. Completely reliable. Fantastic service costs ( last annual service was AU$360.00. It's a ripper and a great town car. Have also driven long distance and felt fresh after 10 hours driving. For the price, it's unbreaten. Get the manual 6 speed and use the motor the way Alfa Romeo wanted you to! it will put a smile on your face every time and the 1.4 litre Multiair punches well above its weight....especially around town, but just keep the RPMs above 2600 to find the power band. Seriously, you don't need the QV. The 1.4 is absolutely adequate for city driving and the fuel efficiency of the 1.4 is great. I've owned and driven a variety of BMWs and Porsches as the Giulietta is the most fun to be had within 'legal limits'. 10/10 car...sorry, it's not a car, it's an Alfa! :)

Love my Guiiletta, I love driving it

I bought my Guiletta brand new after trading in my Ford Focus which was a lemon.
What a difference I have had no problems I have had it for one year and I love driving it the feel that I get from the power that it's got is amazing especially if you drive it in dynamic. Best car ever.