Alfa Romeo Giulietta

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

2014 Guilietta Manual

Best car I've ever owned. No problems at all. Manual gearbox is unreal. Put her in dynamic and she kills it. I've had friends smirk about it. I tell them, get behind the wheel and drive. When they finish they always walk away in awe. No smart comments then!

Purchased in May 2014 for $24,000.00.

Woodchip77

Woodchip77

Worst financial decision we ever made

gravelsandwich

gravelsandwichCentral Queensland, QLD

Nice car with typical Alfa issues

Purchased in November 2014 for $16,000.00.

Roshan

RoshanCraigieburn

Not for the faint hearted

Purchased for $30,000.00.

Aaron

AaronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect car nil issues at all

Nil issues at all. I love the way the car is. I would recommend this brand and model to anyone. Alfa is back bigger and better. Good work Alfa Romeo

Purchased in August 2017 for $44,500.00.

Kimba

KimbaBrisbane

Never will I buy another Alfa

BadgeProgression JTD-M
Engine Size2.0L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedNov 2014

Think before you buy

Driving is ok. Uses a lot of 95 unleaded petrol and being 4cyl is slow to take off even when switched to turbo (which guzzles up heaps of petrol too). Rattling noise coming from dash. Sun visor came loose ages ago. Door handles are plastic and snap off, they're coated with silver alum which flakes off and cuts (replaced 3/4 times).Too much plastic inside. Archaic cumbersome manual turning wheels to lower seat. Top of windshield above glass peels off all on its own (making car look old and shabby). Car collects leaves and when heater is turned on, they set on fire. Usb port in glovebox - so u have to leave that open, if u want to use it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Don’t do it

Too many electronic, door furniture faults to mention, very expensive to repair and no one in Australia knows what to do with it when it does fail, so I suggest to stay away unless you like to fix cars for a living because nobody else will, good luck because you will need it.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
samsmilne

samsmilne

Perfect car!

Love this zippy gutsy little beast. Dynamic mode leaves the fastest for dead. So reliable and spacious enough. Only a few minor things: missing a grab handle on passenger side roof, and there's no clock on the radio/dash but other that it's the perfect little car while still being very punchy. Oh and torque is incredible.

BadgeProgression JTD-M

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Steve

SteveLake Munmorah

Great fun car

Great looking car with lots of grunt. As standard does not sound sporty, but with time and some minor modification becomes a real Alfa.
Standard tyres limit absolute grip, be careful with your selection and the handling is amazing.
The interior is great to look at but typically Italian form over function, no foot rest in the clutch manual, the cupholders are useless, and the glovebox is not even big enough for the manual.
Not the most economical in the class, but overall has been very cheap to run and service for over 100K and has been perfectly reliable.

BadgeQuadrifoglio Verde
Date PurchasedApr 2014
Sandi

SandiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good looking car

I love the look of this car and and it is top quality. The passenger space is tight and storage space is lacking. It is not a smooth drive and I don’t like the way the computer handles changing gears but still enjoy driving it anyway. I don’t like all of the controls being located for a left hand drive car, it would be nice if they reversed them for a right hand drive car.

TransmissionTwin clutch transmission

Alex G

Alex GPerth

Looks meet functions

In short, excellent car. You won't see many of them around, it's a head turner, and so far we had zero issues with it. It's the perfect safe family car where size, practicability and comfort meets style and easy maintenance. Tank of fuel takes you a loong way in this Alfa, very economical for a luxury car!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Addey

AddeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty car but bad customer service

BadgeSprint
R E

R EPerth

It's not a Car, it's an AlfaRomeo...

THE best driving experience ever! The performance is like a race car!, handles beautifully, quiet and classy.. Love everything about the interior but we are yet to work out how to lock the doors from inside.. The running costs are - literally - next to nothing - even in dymo mode. Very reliable, family darling!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Fab

Fab

Best car I've owned.

I've owned and driven many cars, and the Giulietta has been my favourite by far. Enjoy the way it handles and drives. Nice transmission and engine sound. Truly a drivers car. Smooth and comfortable on the road. (Although, the 16"wheels help, compared to the 18"which I test drove) No rattles or problems. Other makes are over rated.
Well done Alfa Romeo.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Justin

JustinSydney, NSW

Brilliant hot hatch. Only flaws lay inside . Fuel consumption more than advertised

Going on 6 years old now , bought a 1500k ex demo 1.8l turbo as soon as they hit our shores.
Looks great, drives like a dream. No mechanical issues whatsoever .
Trim on steering wheel flaking off in a couple of spots , and consumption about 11 l/100km around town rather then the lower advertised rate , are my only minor gripes .

Engine Size1.7L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedSept 2011

Mr Dasked

Giulietta

Hi
My question is - My Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2013, 90,000 ks manual. My car has been serviced & followed the the manual handbook guild lines to a T & very well looked after.
Driving my car to work just up the road from my home.
Within 2 minutes of driving the engine completely cuts out. I quickly pull over to the side of the road & put the handbrake on. I tried to restart the motor & just a high pitch noise & the engine didn’t turn over.
Called NRMA to come out. On inspection he said it was something to do with cam or timing belt.
Car was towed to my Mechanic & he is up to date on cars & servicing. He has state of the art equipment, diagnostic systems etc.
The cost to repair the engine estimated at $5000 since then now $9000
This has come as a big shock. The Mechanic said that it’s not worth fixing & to advertise the car on EBay for $1000
Who would have thought that this would have been the case.
Very disappointing & upsetting to think my car had this catastrophic episode & in fact now a piece of junk metal. I worked very hard for this car & where does this leave me now - no car.
I have to buy a new car.
Is there anyone here that has had the same problem or similar? Help & answers would be greatly appreciated.

Nick Ireland
Nick Ireland

Mate. Really disappointed for you. That sucks.

My only experience of my Italian mistress is positive. She's done 60,000 since 2014 and hasn't missed a beat. In fact it is my favourite car of all time.

All I can say is this. Women!

Hi Nick.
Thanks for your message. I think my situation is bad luck.
Would be nice if Alfa came to the party on this one! Enjoy your car Nick.

cfk
cfk

Hi Mr D, Timing belts need to be changed every 4/5 Years or 120 kms which ever comes first, it looks like your service centre let you down, they should know that...

Henri E.

Henri E.asked

Giulietta Series 2 (2016-2021)

I have the new 2019 Guiletta Veloce Automatic... just want to find out, when coming to a robot where you must wait or what is it best to keep the car in DRIVE or NEUTRAL?

L.Comaasked

Giulietta

I like my Giulietta but I’ve been informed I have to pay over $300 to get my Uconnect gps system updated. It keeps taking me to all the dead end streets. Other manufacturers don’t charge their clients for an update. Why do I need to pay this extravagant amount for an update?

Marruz

I didn't want their gps and i use google maps on bluetooth. I certainly wouldn't pay them one cent, $300 that's laughable. The company is by no means a generous one, with every new car I bought I got free car mats, they wanted money - pft, cheap skates!!! Glad you like your Giulietta

Compare all 14 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $29,900$34,900$41,900$24,550
TransmissionManualDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT) and Manual
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.75L4 Cylinder 1.4L
Max Power110kW @ 5500rpm125kW @ 5500rpm177kW @ 5750rpm88kW @ 5000rpm
Max Torque250Nm @ 2500rpm250Nm @ 2500rpm340Nm @ 2000rpm206Nm @ 1750rpm
Country of ManufactureItalyItalyItalyItaly
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateOct 2016Oct 2016Oct 2016Jan 2011