Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 1 Distinctive

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 1 Distinctive (2014-2016)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

My dream come true

I always wanted to own an Alfa Romeo and at the advice of many skeptical friends and specialised reviews I ended up in buying many other so called reliable brands. Nothing more further from truth and I wonder if my advisors ever owned one to clasify it so unfairly( unreliable, not made for Australia..as if the roads are different here). I don't think I ever enjoyed driving a car as much as my Giulietta. So responsive, dynamic and yet stiff and stable on the road. I love the way it takes off and leaves everyone behind at 50km/h only when I pinch thr pedal and how stable is when taking curves, I nearly had car sickness. I am not interested hundred leds, cup holders, rear camera, sunnies holder in the car because for me a car is made for the pleasure of driving not to drink coffee in it and stretch my legs. My other (brand new) cars had them all and wouldn't move on the road as good, even at full throtle. The leather seats are beautiful and comfy. Interior has minimalistic bolt beauty. Sound system is not bad and can be better.I can't appreciate if passengers are comfortable, I bought it for myself and daily city trips. I find it quite economical although I drive it in dynamic mode on daily basis. I spend the same money on petrol as for the Mazda 3. So far I haven't had any issue with anything (3000km so far), only pure joy to drive it every day. I agree that any cheaper car take you where you need but Alfa is more than this!

Engine Size1.4L Turbo Petrol
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good looking car

I love the look of this car and and it is top quality. The passenger space is tight and storage space is lacking. It is not a smooth drive and I don’t like the way the computer handles changing gears but still enjoy driving it anyway. I don’t like all of the controls being located for a left hand drive car, it would be nice if they reversed them for a right hand drive car.

Engine Size1.4L Turbo Petrol
TransmissionTwin clutch transmission
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Best car I've owned.

I've owned and driven many cars, and the Giulietta has been my favourite by far. Enjoy the way it handles and drives. Nice transmission and engine sound. Truly a drivers car. Smooth and comfortable on the road. (Although, the 16"wheels help, compared to the 18"which I test drove) No rattles or problems. Other makes are over rated.
Well done Alfa Romeo.