Health Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of health insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.2

1,507 reviews

Emma was fantastic!

Good Value. It was easy to set up.
I have been with OSHC since 2017.
Emma did a great job with updating my COI and sending it in swiftly to check with me,

Samp

SampPerth, WA

I was well supported and cared. Excellent service.

I am.very happy with the service. I got my claims on times and I am with Allianz since 2017 and continuing as a OSVH too. Yes it is a good value for money.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

The service is so good and thanks for the help!

I have been with this insurance company for 2 years. This call resolves my puzzle on student and visitor health insurance, and thanks a lot for Vivian's help. I will continue to buy insurance from the Allianz.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Ganeshan

GaneshanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Getting OSHC

Its a good policy. Anna Basa helped me to get the policy quickly. Every time I received a great customer service. Allianz is great and its located at a convenient location.

lina

linaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

excellent customer service

The did not compare the policy value to others, but I am quite satisfied with it.
I have not logged any claims.
I have been with this insurance company for 3 years.

It was very satisfying

Yes it was easy to set up. However, i am not more use to this plan. ihad a good experience with my insurance company.
it took around 1-2 weeks to resolve my claim
I have been with this insurance company for 6months and many more to go.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Everything went so smoothly. Sony provided me great support.

Yes. I have using this policy since one year now. I am an international students. I have the issue with login in to my account/ But not anymore. Thank you.

Claim MadeNo

The customer service explanation was clear and helpful

I ask them about the refund procedure and the explanation was really clear and helpful. The officer (Vratika Mehta) also sent me an email to help me understand what I need to provide to get a refund.

Pat

PatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dissatisfied Allianz performance

I have been using health insurance with Allianz over 4 years since I was an oversea student and still continue using them even when I m holding working visa right now

The company used to be quick to respond, reliable and easy to contact when I want to make a claim but once I switch from OSHC to OVHC - everything getting worse.

Allianz takes looooonger time to process (minimum 10 business days per 1 conservation) and make things harder and nonsense than it should be. I m still waiting for my claims with hopeless.

I would recommend insurance seekers to consider other professional companies instead.

If everyone experienced in switching insurance company before please let me know.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Pat, I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your claim processing. I'll send you a private message for further details to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Excellent service

I was requesting for information on the refund policy for OSHC. Jinita was very professional and informative with what I have to do next! She even took the time to go through what I have to write on the refund form itself. Thanks Jinita!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the lovely feedback Joseph, it's fantastic to hear.

It's perfect service

I have spoken to Carmel my issues for the insurance card and she was very nice and has a long patience as i was new to this company. At first it was hard set up but with the help of Carmel i was able to lodge my insurance card easily.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's fantastic to hear Elvira, thanks so much for sharing!

Manjinder

ManjinderGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Customer Service. I have spoken to Soni and she was out standing.

I have spoken to Soni. she has answered all of my queries with patience. She gave me time to ask any questions and explained very well. The Best customer service person i have ever spoken to. Thanks again Soni.

Coverage TypeCouple
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Wow, thanks so much for this amazing feedback Manjinder, it means a lot to us. Kind regards, Tegan

The customer service received form Anna Base was exceptionally outstanding.I had my queries that were answered and she explained to me about my policy and what I could benefit from it. Thumbs up!!

Coverage TypeFamily
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so good to hear Carmen! Thanks for sharing.

Worst Customer service

Claim DateMarch 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message for further details to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

If you have lodged a claim, how long did it take to resolve your claim?
I submit a claim on Early March 2020 is almost July and didn't finalize it, I sent even the medical records of the hospital, but for the is not enough and they need the hospital fill up a form and the ER doctor sign.
It's insane, I think that I'm just going to lose my money because they think that even the medical record whit all the information is not good enough.
I don't recommend it at all super difficult and the Customer Service didn't help me at all.
IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE, I recommend you to go for Bupa they are hundred times more efficient.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Melissa, I'm very sorry to hear about this but I'd like to help if I can. I'll send you a private message for further details so I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Find out how Allianz Global Assistance compares to other Health Insurance

Easy to process online and complete on phone

I chose these guys because when I was a student I used their student policies. They were very helpful when I was hospitalised and paid for all my expenses. When I came this year to visit I used them again. I am sorry to hear about others bad experience.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Ronnie, thanks for sharing your feedback! That's great to hear.

The service is perfect

I called the hotline there, talking with Jenny Nguyen, she helped me a lot, figured out how to fix the problems with me. I am very satisfied with her service.

Coverage TypeFamily
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so nice to hear Mai! Thanks for sharing.

sabrina

sabrinaPerth, WA

Super efficient

It was extremely easy to be directed to another Allianz service staff, and got immediate replies which was very time efficient. Emma was very helpful and quick with the service. Thank you

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the nice feedback on our customer service Sabrina! Kind regards, Tegan

Joanne

JoanneTasmania

I called in to find out about the GP's that are available to me since I just moved from a different state. Jenny went out of her way, giving me options and her opinions as to where I can find the help I need and also utilize my Allianz benefits altogether while making the whole process easier for me. She was not only informative but very patient and lovely at the same time. Funny enough, I called back another day to enquire about a problem I had with my account, and I coincidentally got Jenny again. Which I am glad I did. As expected, she took care of me once again, leaving a happy customer. I would be proud to recommend Allianz any day with people like Jenny around.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Joanne, thanks for the fantastic feedback for Jenny! It's so lovely to hear.

Very helpful!!

I spoke to Aman about my COI for my insurance coverage as is i am going to extend the period of coverage.She sends it to me within a few minutes.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Great to hear Bryan! Thanks for the positive feedback.

Liana H

Liana Hasked

Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

How do I find a dentist covered by Allianz. I am not finding a tool like the “find a doctor” option. I have the plan that covers dental.

Also, why can’t I create an account on the app, it says my information is wrong but I’ve used it before to confirm my details over the phone.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Liana, I'd suggest giving us a call on 1300 727 193 and we'd be happy to assist with both your queries. Kind regards, Tegan

Samira S.

Samira S.asked

Allianz Global Assistance

Hi, my policy covers my stay in Australia till the 28th of October, 2020. My course is completed and I am applying for a post study visa. I need to get insurance for four more years as the new visa condition requires. Can I know if the start date of my new insurance should be from the 28th of October? Will the remaining of my OSHC be in effect even when I am not a student anymore?

Kelsey N.
Kelsey N.

It likely means that it will not be and you need to buy another policy. That is exactly what happened to me and how I got scammed by this company. You should call someone and ask ASAP before it’s too late like what happened to me.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Samira, thanks for your query. Give us a call on 13 67 42 and we'll be happy to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Laura

Lauraasked

Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

We have extended their policy until the 06 06 2020. Why did I receive this feedback?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Laura, I'm sorry I don't understand your question. Could you please clarify? If you have any questions about your policy you can call us on 1300 727 193 and we'd be happy to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Global Assistance representatives