OVHC: not convenient.

The overall service is satisfactory. But not possible to select payment schedule as fortnightly or monthly online, which was possible before. Also can't renew policy online. Which sometimes cause problem.

Book AgainYes

Excellent service and coverage for duration of my studies.

The policy was of good value and easy to set up. Throughout the 6 years of my studies, I had to make a claim less than five times. It was also easy to reach a representative of Allianz on campus to gain more information.

Claim DateAugust 2014
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Joshua, glad to hear you were happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

Does not pay for Public Hospital Emergency

Was refused a claim on a visit to public hospital emergency which Allianz accused you are no longer a student. Had been reimbursed on the last claim because it was a much smaller medical bill from a GP ($37.5) but won't get paid for a bigger bill from hospital ($286). This is a disaster to community as people in real need would think twice before heading to emergency. Insurance companies nowadays only care about their annual financial report rather than the social responsibility to equality in receiving health care. Would go for appeal despite all the dirty accusations and lies made by Allianz and all the victims please act now to stop insurance companies walking away from their offences. Any overseas students please also be aware if you are thinking of buying OSHC.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi, I'll be in contact with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Highly Recommended Product

Standard Visitors Cover: In my experience, product value is very good, easy to enroll, and quick as well as easy process for claim. The customer service is very good as well. Highly recommend it.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Hi Samad, thanks for recommending us. Cheers, Anthony.

Thanks for the help from Emma Duckett

I couldn't log in my OSHC account so I went to Griffith GC Campus and ask for help. Emma Duckett helped me to send the email for applying to reregister my account. Thanks for her patience and timely email, now my problem has been solved, but I have to say that the process for waiting is not so fast.

Book AgainYes
Hi Qiamyum, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

The assistant was really friendly and helpful.

As soon as I knocked the door the assistant was friendly and always smiley, she justified everything to me in an easy way to be understood because my English is not that good. Also, she taught me how to submit a claim in the app.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the feedback Marwan. Regards, Anthony.

Perfect insurance for the student

The policy which I have is awesome included everything on it feeling glad to be a part of it and the consultant is awesome who make clear about everything’s I am so glad to be a part of it thank you aninformation Angelica for ur valueable information about the insurance . Thank you for all and everything which it help me in my difficulties in my last 5 years , thank you

Book AgainYes
Hi Anil, glad to hear Angelica has been providing people with great service! Regards, Anthony.

not convenient

In order to renew the policy, has to make a phone call, could not do it online which is not convenient. No reminder will be send to you if your policy is expired.

If you quit the policy less than 30 days before expire date, no refund, which is not good.

Book AgainNo
Hello Victor, thanks for the email. I'll pass on your feedback to our team as we're always looking to improve our systems and processes. Regards, Anthony.

Difficult app but very efficient customer service

I had problems with my app but Renee in UQ have helped me with every problem I had very effectively/kindly. The log in process of this service could be simplified otherwise it’s very confusiny for many international students.

Book AgainYes
Hi Yuyu, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to our team. Regards, Anthony.

Emma Duckett, a kind and helpful staff on Griffith University campus (Gold Coast )

I updated my information wrongly online and asked for help from Emma. She was kind and helpful to help and answer other questions patiently. What a great experience with Emma!

Book AgainYes
Hi Cindy, great to hear Emma was able to help you out. Regards, Anthony.

Angelica Boyd is very helpful

I faced a problem with my login and verify email doesn't work for me but Angelica helped me to resolve it and explained to me everything. she is very humble and pretty. I appreciate her help. Excellent customer service.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Maulik, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Perfect customer service!

Very good customer service! very clear and explain all my questions very well! Kiyomi Ellison at UQ helped me to renew my OSHC and also provided my the COI very fast! Thanks

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Matheus - thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

False security for the Visitor and Department of Immigration - read the fine print

Watch out for the clause about pre-existing conditions. Most older visitors have a number of preexisting conditions that is why I assume the Department of Immigration wants you to take out insurance locally in case something goes wrong.
Well my mother had a number of preexisting condition one of them Osteoporosis. During her 3 month visit ( visa for 3 months ) she had a bad fall and a compression fracture of one of her lumbar vertebra. Osteoporosis is not an unusual diagnosis in elderly females arriving on treatment. She needed treatment and when we claimed the preexisting clause kicked in.
So read the policy carefully otherwise your out of pocket expenses will come as a surprise.
I am not sure that the department of immigration is fully aware of the fine print and that the visitors may not be covered fully

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2018

Perfect insurance for parents

Very happy to have allianz insurance for my parents.. they had a great time in Australia while being covered by it.. even though very cheap insurance .. being a mom of first child and without any job was able to manage with this cost to secure my parents health while spent good time together..

Book AgainYes
Hi Dee, thanks for the feedback - hope your parents had a great time here! Regards, Anthony.

Excellent service

Murdoch university yudy Help me with the process of upgrading my policy to the dual family. I like their customer service .in future I will come for more.thanks a lot.

Book AgainYes
Thanks for letting us know Yudy has been helping you out! Regards, Anthony.

No support for ongoing conditions

I took this policy out for my mother who was visiting on a 3 month visa. The signup process was easy and good, no issues with that. The only thing that you seriously need to look into and amend will be the waiting periods for a pre existing condition claim. I took my mother thrice to the local gp as her existing normal blood pressure increased and went into the very high zone and her medication increased. However due to the pre existing condition waiting period of 12 months and her stay being for 3 months the claim I submitted to.cover the fees for the 3 doctors visits and for her medication was declined. Regards Anita C

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hello Anita, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our team. Regards, Anthony.

Good Guys

Policy was easily best value for money when compared to competitors, and easy to get coverage online. My partner had a medical issue when she was in Australia which resulted in her spending a full day in emergency at Redlands Hospital.

As she was being admitted, one of the administrators came to see me to discuss payment options, when I showed her the cover we had she commented that there shouldn't be any issues as in her experience Allianz always paid their claims promptly. The administrator was happy for us to leave the hospital without making any payment at all.

The hospital completed most of the claim forms while I was there and submitted on my behalf.

The administrator of the hospital contacted me a few weeks later, and said there was gap between the actual cost, and the amount that Allianz had paid - it was around $11 out of a total bill of well over $2000.

We had also has a prior small claim for cost of GP visit that was also dealt with very promptly.

Claim DateSeptember 2018
Hi Tony, thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear that we were able to help out. Regards, Anthony.

Angelica is really kind!

My issue was a big trouble but Angelica was very patient and spent long time in solving it. She explained everything clearly and helped me save money. I'm very appreciate for her help!

Book AgainYes
Hi Zhiyin, happy to hear Angelica has been providing great help! Cheers, Anthony.

Excellent service

I went to Murdoch University and my experience with yudy is very pleasurable and her dealing with me is superb.she help me to finalise the app and help me in membership card for me and my husband.Thanks to her.

Book AgainYes
Hi Mandeep, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Allianz Client Representative

I am a HDR student at the University of Queensland and the service provide by the Allianz client representative, Renee Pitau in the university is excellent. She helps to solve most of my problems and with good advices. She is doing a remarkable job in the university and Thank you. Also, Allianz is doing great specially in claims and their claim processing is very fast and active.

Book AgainYes
Hi, glad to hear Renee is doing a great job! Regards, Anthony.

Hi I am an overseeas studnt here in UQ St.Lucia Brisbane please some one told me about GP who has no gap fee or if have then atleast minimum upto 10 dollars maximum. I am really distubed to pay 30 dollars as a GP Gap fee on every time for getting only referral letters. Please give me any GP who has no gap fee in brisbane
Hi Habib, you can find a doctor here and see what their terms and conditions - https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/find-doctor/. Cheers, Anthony.

Currently, I have OSHC and now I am applying for OVHC visa. I want to ask that OSHC was not used during that course of time. Can I transfer OSHC to OSVC health insurance???
Hi Manasi, thanks for the question. You would have to call us to discuss -https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/contact-us/ Regards, Anthony.

I am sending the same question with correction . I haven’t received my insurance card since my 4 months stay in Australia.
Hi Maria, can you please call us - details here https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/contact-us/

Similar listings