Alpha Finance

Please keep clear at all costs.

The sign up people were great but once that contract was signed it was all over from there. In the 2 1/2 years I was with them I could never get through to my account manager (he is busy right now he will call you back) 50% of the time he would call me back.
I coped a huge tole fine so I asked alpha why this is as it States in the contract that they would be looking after the tolls and direct debuting it from my account? The guy at alpha said "sorry about that I'll fix that up dont worry about it", 2 month's later I get a letter from a debt collector that I owe money for unpaid tolls so i call back alpha and they said "we never said we would fix that, that's your problem"..
I made every payment, got new tyres for the car, new keys, and every service I was asked to get, towards the end of the lease I asked if I could buy the car and alpha said yes just transfer $9000 and get a road worthy, in this time a p plater wrote of my car, smashed into me. Alpha took 2 1/2 weeks just to get an assessed to look at the car, I asked if they would replace the car so I can still buy it. The pay out figure was now $8000 and the insurance market valuation was over 10k, alpha did not replace the car they took the payout and said if I want a new car I can start a new lease all over again, I blew up about this and said so you are just trying to make a quick buck out of this accident instead of doing the right thing and replacing my car..
They guy at alpha said " it doesn't matter if you were paying the insurance it's out car not yours, we are a business we make money no one was holding a gun to your head and made you sign our contract"".
Again I made every payment and as soon as I hit some trouble that wasn't my fault they just stepped in and found a way to leave me with nothing but make a quick dollar for them. They also hit me with a not at fault exes bill.

Car ModelHyundai i30 PD Active

Treated like dirt by [name removed], abuses over the phone then he hanged the phone up.

[name removed] abused me due to being one week late on my payment. They immobilised my car and I was unable to go to work for two days for being 7 days late on my monthly payment of now $807 due to late fees and there dishonour fees even Though payment is coming out of my card. My weekly payment is meant to be $169. But I have to now pay $807 for this month. I would not get a car of this company but at the time it looked like a good option. I will be making a report to the ombudsman. Very bad behaviour from [name removed] there manager. Treats you like dirt and threatens you.

Car ModelMitsubishi Triton
I was late on my payment due to paying $2900 to my vet to try save my dog. We can’t have kids so our dogs are our babies and he died. I explained this to alpha they did not care just stopped me from going to work by turning my car off for being 5 days late.Nick abused a few people I have read including myself. Who does this guy think he is ?Hi Louie, We would like to assist you further with your concerns. We have sent you our Collections Manager direct contact details. He is happy to discuss some options that are available to you. Kind regards Nicole C

Thankyou John

Just when we thought we had no chance, we ended our week on a high all thanks to John in the brisbane office for coming through for us, cannot thankyou enough.

Application Process
Hi Pat, We invite you to contact us directly to resolve this matter. Once a customer has been approved we can generally have them in a vehicle within a couple of days. Our Auburn branch has available fleet in stock and possibly there has been some miscommunication in regards to the vehicle selection and collection process. Kind regards Nicole C

no understanding at all

very bad company trying to settle issue nik will not listen or even try to help in no circumstances trying to resolve but wont even come to an agreement will have no other option to go to the ombudsman and office of fair trading and dispute he has poor manners rude also made you feel as you low and an imbosile bad bad bad move to get a car from them

Straight up Crooks.

Stay away. These guys will rob you blind whilst treating you like scum and create hell for you financially. The most morally bankrupt company that I have ever come across.

Loan Start DateApril 2018
Car ModelHyundai Accent

Be aware of your rights

So started with alpha car finance well, but there was mis- communication on repayments from fortnightly to weekly somehow and in the meantime they immobilised the car for 1 weeks repayments outstanding and as I wanted fortnightly repayments, so after getting hundreds of calls and emails back and forth of nonsense with a Malaysian based call centre, I had become bankrupt, I delivered the car to a place to be sent back, and yet I receive emails about alpha car finance to sign a document that they want via email to accept via email, and yet I have sent them my bankruptcy number and start date I still get emails wanting me to accept the document before it gets sent to me to have a look, yet I am bankrupt they don’t understand it, hopefully I complaint to afsa and Asics will do the trick.im happy to chat with You @Matt.A to solve this problem

Poor experience Alpha Car Rental - Tullamarine

Car Rental Branch Manager at Tullamarine gave me an absolute barrelling because I had the temerity to query a charge. His response ... "Nah mate, you're wrong". When I actually quoted the bank statement I was looking at, he continued to tell me I was wrong before hanging up on me! I've used Alpha before but wont be back... if that's what the management are like, I dread to think how the rest of the business operates.

Shonky business avoid at all costs

Went to pick up my car on a lease from the Dandenong branch. They had over a week to have this car ready. I was not allowed to view, start or drive car before signing contracts. Did all the paperwork started the car only to find no radio working. The car also had no mats, there was buttons missing and the condition of the car was poor even though they said it was detailed. I returned the car to the yard and they advised the radio would take weeks to fix but I can rent a another car in even worse condition but would have to pay for the rental of high cars. Cancelled the contract on the spot as this place is very dodgy. Told I had to wait up to 2 weeks for a refund. I was not allowed to have my payments come out of my bank account they had to come from a debit/credit card. Even if you are desperate dont go here. These people have zero customer service and these cars are overpriced and dangerous.

Car ModelHyundai i30 GD

Great Service!

Alpha helped me get a great car when no one else would. The ease of one weekly payment including rego and insurance was really great. Had a few different Account Managers over the duration of the lease but Rhea was outstanding. Very considerate and patient when my personal circumstances changed and I appreciated all the help she gave me. Thanks Alpha!

Loan Start DateApril 2015
Car ModelNissan X-Trail

Customer care and service is absolute crap. No professionalism.

I had a hardship due to a medical issue. This was for a 6 month period.
After the hardship I am informed I am in multiple thousands of arrears.
Spoke to account manager and he hung up after saying I won't discuss anything with you
Email sent to other person and told payments were due during that hardship.
I have sent receipts of all payments due since the end of hardship and no reply as yet. Arrears should be 0
I will go to the ombudsman today and will also seek legal advice.
My suggestion to all do not go near this mob of incompetent fools
They cant even understand their own documentation.

Court is the only place for them
I am happy to go there AS they immobilised my vehicle without the necessary authority and I pay for the time I don't have it to use. Plus my time doing the research they should have done first.

Beware!!

My cars locked iv lost my job the payments made but a receipt from commonwealth ist good as proof so Nik won’t unlock it till it his his account iv been a great customer 18 mths Cargill they know were u live

Fantastic customer service

Fantastic from start to finish customer service with Colin was outstanding simply explained no peer pressure I will highly recommend Alpha finance without a doubt so happy with my car thank you for the second chance Deb

Car ModelHyundai Elantra AD Elite

Great deal, great perks, great people

Staff was very helpful and informative with all my questions. Affordable weekly rate and I get the option to upgrade after 2years or keep the car after 5years, great perks from going through alpha

Simply Perfect

From the online application form through to picking up the car, it has been a pure delight to deal with all involved.
Everyone I dealt with has a passion to help.

Car ModelKia Sportage QL AO Edition

No response

it's my understand this service is for those with a less than great financial position but obviously need to be able to pay.

I read plenty of stories of cars being immobilised for missed payments etc. I wouldn't put myself in that possible ever especially if it was my transport. Fair is fair.

It's my understanding the car is a previous rental leased on the security of the car which is fitted with an immobiliser with payments to compensate the increased risk.

I'm not sure what kind of customer they're looking for but I feel more weight is on one side of the scales than the other here.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Alpha provides great quality and near new reliable cars with a low once-off upfront cost and an agreed fixed weekly or fortnightly repayment which includes registration and comprehensive insurance over an agreed term. We have helped thousands of Australians with a challenging credit history get access to a vehicle they would not otherwise be approved for. Please feel free to contact us on 1300 257 426 if you need further details.

Great service and car

The finance team in particular Kristina were very friendly and helpful. They organised finance and got me into a near new vehicle when no other company was prepared to lend me money due to my credit report. Everything is explained in detail so their are no surprises and if it wasn’t for Alpha Finance i would be using public transport. Thank you for everything. I recommend Alpha to anybody needing a car.

Car ModelToyota Corolla ZRE172R

Total scam

The customer service recieved from these guy’s was disappointing... reading other people’s reviews I should’ve known not to bother even applying for a finance through alpha. So bassically the amount I was allowed to borrow was $119pw over 5 years and the care I was offered was a 2016 Holden barina that has done over 70,000kms and if you figure out the re payments that’s a total of $30,000 for a old barina. I didn’t accept this because I would go buy a brand new barina for that price. Also once I told them no, another lady called me from alpha a few days later trying to offer me a cheaper car and I just said I found a better finance company so they said they would get rid of my application. DO NOT buy a car from these dodgy people trying to up sell a car for more than 3x it’s worth..

Car ModelHolden Commodore VF
We welcome your feedback and the option to discuss any matter. We have helped thousands of Australians with a challenging credit history get access to a quality near-new vehicle. Our consumer lease includes registration and comprehensive insurance over the agreed term in a single weekly payment.

These guys are great

Customer service was great. All staff on site were friendly and all helped with ease to give me my dream car. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends.

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CF

Abusive Demanding and Misleading

Not missed a payment... Demanded to pay for arrears that suddenly appeared after receiving an email saying I'm in arrears over $1000 and I've not missed or been late for a repayment ever or ever received a receipt or invoice stating a fee/admin charge????.... And constantly threats vehicle will be immobilised..

Situation still not sorted and have turned to ombudsman..

Was once told to make a good review (I did) or I wouldn't be sent my new car, after my previous one had been severly damaged transmission (rust and completely broke down less then 12 months into having the car) was told to pay for the repairs after I had an independent mechanic tell me Noone will put this car back on the road as it's done too many ks (over 300km) impossible for me to drive over 300km in under 12 months... Anyway car was exchanged towed back was given a new one and then was called to say I need my car sent back cus there was a recall....
My new car tyres needed changing after 2months...
I've had my car less than 6months and I had my battery taken out and checked... My battery life is low and also needs to replaced have requested the code for radio as it requires it after battery is taken out for radio to function at all.... Request not fullfilled and still requesting and waiting...

Advice.. if dealing with alpha, ALWAYS communicate... And communicate through WRITTEN TEXT either sms/EMAIL ""ONLY""...

Phonecalls may or may not be denied or deleted, ask for reference numbers from phonecalls as they are required to record these....
I've always communicated and I'm al Aus getting the run around to help them figure there faults with there system as they do not update my file regularly I believe they do not communicate with eachother in the business as I find myself repeating myself every month, for the same requests...

Goodluck guys...

Application Process
We value all feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss the specific details of any matter. We are currently seeking to make contact with the author of this review to resolve the matter. Kind regards Nicole. CContact has already been made multiple times..still waiting for response on all sent emails...cheers

Car is awesome, customer service is pathetic

I understand you have to pay and so on, I was offered a awesome deal, to have a pause on payments, due to their pathetic insurance they have, I thought I got a car with real insurance, it is sub par at best and very bad. Fast forward few weeks, account manager rings me and says, $250 or I turn car off cause you behind on payments. The deal was two weeks off, then normal for 4 weeks then increased for 5 weeks, ok, good deal. But no one told ppl lower down and surprise supervisor has day off. Luckily car not turned off and supervisor kept car running, on the original agreement.

But with the lack of insurance, the bad customer service and the likelyhood of not being able to upgrade at the two year mark, I am trying to find ways to get out of this contract, Like most ppl, I need a car for work, and their insurance company now no longer offers insurance for my type of work, meaning I could be stuck with this car for five years.
I understand a contract is a contract but I was not told they did not have real insurance, that their insurance company would have a change of heart, and did not think that the exit fees would be higher than the cars worth especially after the resale they would get and so on.

I have been offered a better deal for my line of work, with a car straight out of factory and real insurance and no hassles. But stuck with high exit fees and servicing coming up, I wonder a lot about decisions. just a review for those considering the hardship you could entail.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2017
Car ModelToyota Camry
We value all feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss the specific details of any matter. We are currently seeking to make contact with the author of this review to resolve the matter.I have been contacted by a couple of representatives and I rung Nigel, He basically discussed the issues, and after 35 years of insurance with other companies- apparently it’s a new thing to not be insured for the essentials!!! Got the usual we review our insurance annually and many satisfied customers!!!! Can’t even get upgraded insurance to cover the necessities!!! So guess stick it out till Alpha finds a solution!!!Had another issue today 21/5/2019 and got hung up on 3 times and got refused a payment arrangement, threatened with turning car off and no more payment arrangements!!!! No customer service or help at all!!! Avoid at all costs, can not wait to be done with this company!!!

What happens when my vehicle has been repossessed? What are my options or what happens now?
We value all feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss the specific details of any matter. It’s best to always communicate with us if you are having trouble repaying so we can come up with a plan together. We will work with you in a fair, ethical and moral manner to resolve the issue. Please feel free to contact your account manager on 1300 257 426 to determine your options.Losa L . How was your car repossessed? Did they send a sleezy guy in a silver car to stalk you and your house , with dark tinted windows that wound the window up when you stop to ask him if hes ok and only wound it down 2 inches after asking him a second time, this was after being caught taking photos!! And then have that same guy caught on cctv walking up the road then sneaking up your driveway whilst your sitting out front at 9.15 am and scrapping the front of the car on the driveway as reversing out quickly? Then not returning calls or emails after you have reported the car stolen to police? Not giving a damn about personal belongings in the car , like baby carseats etc, all this after no contact since 09/2017... as for their answer on your question to contact your account manager , pffft i had about 5 different ones in a short amount of time, there is no compassion, fair , ethical or moral manner from [name removed], in fact does he even still work there as emails sent to him had been returned , and [name removed], my suggestion to you is get out of this company really quick before you loose your compassion, fair, ethical or moral manner .... so Losa L take your matter further and dont give in to their bullying...We will work with you in a fair ethical and moral manner... Make sure you know your rights, make sure you know your rights as they are rude ignorant and don’t give a crap about you, take it as far as you can,

how would one go to break the lease? Been offered a job overseas and am seriously considering it.. Thnx
I would be very careful how you word this to them. I also don't like you're chances. Money hungry grubs likes this company lock you in to these contracts so you can't get out of them without destroying your credit rating. I recommend calling the finance ombudsman first mate and seeing what your rights are.Easy say you can’t afford the payments they then will immobilise your car come pick it up( because the car is in there name and it’s insured under them) and then you might get a default on your file, which at first might harm your credit rating, but if your overseas it doesn’t matter plus these days defaults and marks on your credit file don’t matter you can pay people to remove them, plus they didnt give you money they gave you a busted up car an ex-rental, that’s what I would have done., if they say to me we will immobilise the car I say, sure why not come and collect it as well.Probably won't seeing as they put there payments up.... When I first applied for the car which I wish I didn't do, the Lady at Tullamarine said to me, if I wanted to cancel my contract after 1 year the total I would be looking at repaying will be around 15,000...crap I know....I've had my car coming up 3 years now, when I asked how much it will cost me to cancel my contract they told me 16,000 I would have to pay???? Don't know how it got to that price when a car value goes down not up??? Go to the ombudsmen.. because I'm thinking of doing the same

Hi. I recently got a vehicle from your guys...2 weeks ago actually. It was smashed into by another driver, car was legally parked in front of my home. What happens if the car is declared a write off? Do I get another car? To similar value of the one I first had? Thanks Hev
This is very similar to any insurance situation. Your contract includes an excess of $2,500. If deemed by our insurer that the other party was at fault you may be entitled to receive $1,000 back. Alpha Finance endeavours to process the accident claim as efficiently and effectively as possible but there could be a delay of up to 13 weeks. Should the vehicle be written off and the damage covers the value of the vehicle, we would need to enter into a new agreement with you for a replacement vehicle. For more information please call our claims team on 1300 257 426.I am in the same boat why the fuck should we pay when its not our fault not paying a fucking centoh your website states $250 witch one is right you fucks