Angel Maternity

Angel Maternity

Online store and Physical store

See the Best Clothing in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Really poor communication and slow to post

I purchased a dress on Black Friday sale and after waiting over 7 business days for it I sent an email asking for tracking and was told my item would be sent soon. I then checked a week later and was told my item would be sent today...another week and I asked for tracking or confirmation...item has only now been sent!

Not happy

Ordered items nearly 2 weeks ago and cannot get a response from customer service as to when my items will be dispatched. Hopeless. Really disappointed with them as items looked really good.

Outstanding customer service

I've just read some of the othe messages and was a little surprised. I've been going into Angel Castle Hill now for 7 months and all things Maternity wear. Not once was I ever disappointed. On a Saturday a few months ago it's was so busy and the two ladies, actually they are twins were helpful kind and even gave us all bottles of water as it was so hot in the shop. i have enjoyed my wardrobe this pregnancy since I found Angel. I can not more highly recommend a trip to check them out. Phone ahead and check what she has and she's happy to being in anything that on the website and you don't have to buy if you do t want to. But I always found something either way. Coming from someone that loves to shop and look good, this pregnancy has been a winner for me in clothes.

Tried to dodge providing a refund for a faulty item

I should have posted this review last year but better late than never!

Angel Maternity came recommended so I visted the Castle Hill store in August 2016 even though I don't live locally. I found their clothes on the expensive side for what they were but bought some items at full price and some items on sale - spending $200-300.

When packing for a holiday in September 2016, I discovered a hole in a dress I bought on sale. I hadn't worn the dress due to the season and hadn't noticed the hole when trying it on in store. The hole looked as though the dress had been intentionally cut to remove a tag or similar as it was a square hole cut at the bottom of the dress near the seam.

I phoned Angel Maternity Castle Hill store before getting on a plane the next day to tell them as I wouldn't be able to get back to the store until back from holidays. I found the lady I spoke to on the phone very non-commital and even defensive.

When I made a special trip back to the store after returning from holidays, the lady who served me explained that she was the twin sister of the woman who originally served me as that lady was on holidays. And because the twin sister was replacement staff, she would have to contact head office as she had no authority to exchange or refund. I became suspicious. To me, this was a straightforward refund that I was legally entitled to due to a faulty item.

In short, I waited around Castle Hill for 2-3hours fighting this matter, I had to leave the dress and my receipt with the store for the sales assistant to take it to head office, I spoke to head office myself on the phone 3-4 times, I was given 2-3 different names and phone numbers to call as apparently the only person with authority to discuss this with me didn't work that particular day so I was pressured into waiting until the next day, I was pressured to make an exchange... What ended up doing the trick was notifying Fair Trading and then politely telling Angel Maternity that I had spoken to Fair Trading and I knew I was legally entitled to a full refund for a faulty item. My refund came extremely quickly after this and the staff member I was speaking to expressed that there must have been some misunderstanding in the process...

My experience from dealing with the Castle Hill store and the head office of Angel Maternity is that they are a business without integrity who are not interested in doing the right thing by the consumer and are only interested in their profit. I will never buy from them again and I encourage others not to!

Shame on you Angel Maternity for trying so hard to dodge your legal responsibility. And all for a $20 refund!

Worst customer service- Please don't putchase from this shop

Worst customer service.. bought a dress never knew it was a Hospital gown until I checked the internet, the lady who helped me choose my dress when enquired told it could be worn outside as well but everyone said the dress was too loose..I live and work far from city hence could not make it within the 14 days, so went to the shop after a month to exchange..
Sent my husband to exchange and explained the situation why I couldn't make it early to exchange.. the staff there said she needs to speak to the manager..
We have waited in the shop for past 1/2 hr for the manager to give a call.. since no one called us had to take the dress back with no exchange..

What a worst way to treat a customer! Hope they remember the dress was not freeeeee.. I had paid for it.

Terrible jeans

The jeans I bought Style No. 5019BLU are the worst maternity jeans I've come across (3rd pregnancy). They do NOT adjust and stay adjusted and definitely do not fit well until heavily pregnant. I had to see buttons on to make them adjustable with the elastic. If I didn't the elastic immediately loosened and the jeans fell down. They don't fit well in the crotch area either, sagging all the time. When I called to ask if they were faulty I found out they weren't and wish I had immediately asked for a refund.

Very poor quality

I really wish, for the prices, that the quality was better. But it’s not. Last pregnancy I bought a lot of basic tops from eBay, as I felt there was no need spending much on clothes I would wear for such a short time. But the quality was dreadful. This time, I thought, I’ll spend a little extra for some better quality. Or, so I thought. I just found Angel Maternity to be no better than the cheaply made items that come directly from China. It’s a real disappointment, as it’s so expensive, so I feel I’ve wasted so much money. And that’s only for a few basic tops, nursing sleepwear and leggings. Very disappointing.

Very happy

First time bought a dotted dress which is very sexy and a black dress which is so comfortable. The castle hill store staff was really supportive.
Second time bought a red dress and a top and both are comfortable and nice. Bought them online under promotion and items arrived next day! Super happy!

Extremely disappointed!

I have been to the castle hill store twice & have had to return items twice. I purchased 7 items in total & they werent cheap either. My black trousers which I loved lasted 2 wks before the elastic broke. I took them back & had them repaired. then last wk I went back a second time but when I went to wear the black top I purchased it had 2 holes in the sleeve. I called them & got them to hold the top so I could exchange it. The jeans I bought last wk have started to feel loose but I don't think I can take them back because I had them hemmed. Now tonight I was ironing & the skirt I bought no more than 2 1/2 mths ago the stitching is coming apart in certain areas. So all in all my experience with the clothing has been pretty poor & I'm just plain disappointed as all you want is to feel good in what ur wearing especially when ur pregnant. It's a shame!
Staff were helpful
Poor quality

Hi Lisa, many apologies for the issues you have experienced with our clothing. We take your feedback very seriously and will pass all of this information on to our production team. We have spoken to our staff in our Castle Hill store to analyse your clothing returns and identify any manufacturing faults to prevent this from happening again. If you would like to further discuss anything, please do not hesitate to contact us at marketing@angelmaternity.com.au. Thank you.

Great Pregnancy Shopping

I have shopped both online and in-store at Angel Maternity throughout my pregnancy and had consistently good experiences. I bought several tops, elastic waist jeans (very comfy) and a couple of dresses in-store earlier on in my pregnancy and they have all served me well throughout. In the final days of my pregnancy (during their free delivery promotion), I ordered one of their leather nappy bags online for $79.95. I had been on the lookout for a reasonably priced, stylish nappy bag for a while without much luck. This one arrived the very next day by Express Post and it is very nice, spacious and good quality.

I'm grateful to my friend for recommending Angel Maternity to me at the beginning of my pregnancy and have been able to recommended this company to all my newly pregnant friends too.
Quality products, reasonable pricing, friendly staff

So glad I found this brand

I am 6 months pregnant and have been searching for good quality, stylish maternity wear that doesn't cost a fortune. Finally found Angel. Love their clothes and have bought a whole wardrobe. Am surprised by the negative comments others have left, because I'm really very fussy with my clothes and everything I have bought from this brand fits perfectly and is really comfortable.
Great quality at great prices

Poor quality

I wore my "Low cut denim panel waist with 5 pockets Jeans in (bought from OZsale) for 24 AUD (RRP 69.95 AUD) during 1 week and shorts elastic waist just fell apart :-( Actually that elastic waist wasn't very comfy, it was folding at all times. Shorts was nice looking and that's all.
Nice looking
Elastic waist just fell apart, wasn't very comfy

Hi Myla, we're so sorry that you have had this experience with our jeans. We would the opportunity to rectify this situation. Could you contact us on marketing@angelmaternity.com.au or give us a call on 9680 4383 so that we can offer you an exchange or gift card?

Incompetent and horrible service

Placed an order online then received a phone call a week later advising they didn't have the stock and would issue a credit voucher. Five minutes after the phone call received an email advising my order had been sent and a tracking number would be issued soon. After waiting two weeks for the tracking number and not receiving it I emailed asking what was going on a few days after I received another phone call advising they didn't have the stock and the order had been cancelled another voucher would be issued. I went online to find different products to order went to check out and the voucher wasn't valid. Have tried calling repeatedly calls all go to voicemail. I will never order from them again and am trying to get my money back.

Love my dresses, but poor quality

I bought two dresses and planned on wearing the to death- great fit & so comfortable. Suitable for before and after pregnancy & during feeding. So disappointed my dresses are pilling after only a few wears. I they weren't- I would buy heaps and have a favorite maternity line. So disappointing cos they're just so cute.
Style, comfort, fit.
Poor poor quality.

Poor quality products

I wore my $80 pants four times and they faded and fell apart. I followed the washing instructions. I no longer had my receipt, only a credit card statement, and they refused a refund. Hugely upset that I wasted money on inferior product. The pants were black linen. I went out of my way to go and purchase them from the Castle Hill store (don't live nearby) and then took them back to exchange or refund.

poor quality products

Disappointed - poor quality clothing

I bought a skirt and top from the online store and was not very happy. A button fell off the sleeve of the shirt as soon as I tried it on and the skirt was supposed to be adjustable - it had the elastic in the side, but had no button or holes to put it through. Neither of these items ended up being worn and was just a waste of my money. I probably could have tried to return them, or fixed the problems, but being pregnant it was just too hard at the time and I didn't have the energy or time to bother.

Very disappointing though.
I phoned with a question before purchase and the customer service was ok
poor quality clothing

Great Service

Angel Maternity at North Lakes, Excellent service and friendly ladies to help and chat to! Great sales too! I always end up shopping there
Sales are great