APIA Home Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (12)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (20) · No (18)

Big premium increase

They have just bumped up my home & contents premium by 25%. No claims, not in a high risk area. I will be definitely shopping around for a better deal elsewhere.

Suzi W

Suzi WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They just bullied me till I gave up

Gerry

GerryPerth, WA

Great pricing on Home Insurance

Great customer experience. I was shopping around for a good deal and found Australian Pensioners Insurance to be the cheapest and great service. I will refer your company to my family and friends.

Steve. N

Steve. NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Skyrocketing Annual Premiums!

Absolute disregard for the elderly

A 77 yrs old Gold Coast pensioner forced from co-vid quarantine to buy reading glasses after a claim that was approved is then denied by the investigations department. 14 months on and he's still being bullied and harassed. The very young so called investigations officer has thus far racially and religiously abused him with an APIA internal investigation and a whitewashed AFCA investigation stating that all was well. This insurance is spruiked for the elderly. Please do not refer to me as a customer. I'm just another victim.

Kay Cottee would have capsized !

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

nightmare to deal with

been with Apia for30+ years worst insurance company . Made a claim and the mask comes of. The real face is part of a horror movie. I wish that my nightmare finish quick.

Mark M.

Mark M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Annual ripoff

Moved to APIA for Contents only cover. No claims so can't comment on that part of their service. Just received annual update notice and they want a 25% jump in premium with only a small (<5%) increase in cover.

Spent 15 minutes trying to get a reason for such a large increase and got the usual scripted rubbish. And attempts to "get the price down" by reducing the cover despite me saying I had no interest in doing so. The lady was very polite but was obviously following a script and would not be diverted so not at all helpful.

APIA are really no different to all other insurers in this regard but 20+% increase deserves a smack.

Coverage TypeContents Only

Photograph every item you own or they won’t pay it. They add $500 if you only stay at the house sometimes. AVOID.

I had much more to say in above section but they limited word.AVOID at all costs. Photographing all items is like moving house...or they won’t pay it. Happy to take your money though. They add $500 excess to your already excess if you only stay at the house sometimes. Worst company I’ve dealt with. I’ll be changing all my policies when this claim is finalised. They are meant to make it better and easier for older people but that’s just a lie. Now panicking about the things I’ve purchased online or elsewhere that I no longer have proof of purchase. Photographing everything you own of value is like moving house...way too many things...never had this issue with any other company, this insurance company sucks. AVOID like the plague.

APIA
Customer Service S.APIA

Chris0606

Chris0606Sydney, NSW

Easy to deal with, fast processing

Put a claim in on a split system air con unit that was taken out by an electrical storm 3 weeks ago. All they asked for was the damage report from the air con guy who I got to look if he could fix it, and the quote for a replacement unit. Settled into my account the funds today, incl the cost of assessing the unit, would have been quicker if I hadn't misunderstood something.
Couldn't have been more satisfied, especially as the unit is at least 13 years old. They could have argued it wasn't the storm, although it had been running perfectly until the storm hit.

Ziad

ZiadSydney, NSW

Worst insurance ever

My parents made a claimand they told my parents that the car has been in more than one accident we can't fix it but it was all in the same accident we had a car and a pole and they say this is not right we want fix your car. So much for insurance in this crisis
Worst value for money.
I'm still waiting for someone to contact me to solve my problem with a pier it's taking forever

Angus

AngusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crooks, Thieves and Liars

Happy to take my money but not happy to pay the claim. Forced me to break covid quarantine to get reading glasses they would not replace. Eventually claim given to investigation department as they had misplaced original photos and details. Dealt with rude, arrogant and anti semetic youths. These guys prey on the elderly.

ICP

ICPGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

APIA is dishonest when paying claims

APIA claims technical troy stonehouse worst ever experience
disingenuous weasel out of claims APIA agreed to pay by their Claims team, dishonest,
DO NOT PURCHASE HOME OR LANDLORD INSURANCE FROM APIA

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim MadeYes

Dave C

Dave CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just Don't! You pay premiums - they don't pay claims.

Fiona

FionaSouth Australia

Claim for damage and theft

We’ve insured our home, contents & car with APIA for years and recently had to claim for some house damage and a bike stolen from our property.
The professionalism and courtesy we received was exemplary - we were listened to and dealt with in such a friendly & caring manner.
They did their due diligence and then the speed at which our claim was settled was unexpectedly surprising.
Thanks APIA, we’ll be recommending you to everyone!

janelle bond

janelle bondParkes

Appalling service

michael r

michael rSydney, NSW

Worst insurance company Apia

Worst insurance company I have lodged a claim and is still being declined 11 months and I have lodged a complaint with the ombudsman they will use every excuse not to pay they are putting the blame on Sydney water now if you are thinking about insurance with them think again go else where.we have been with Apia for 6 years worst insurance company out and this is our first claim.the building company that they use D.W.Knox have the worst reviews but they still choose to use them .

Andrew D

Andrew D

28% increase

What a disgrace! 28% increase in premium since last year for House & Contents. Have never made a claim. Have now cancelled this policy, There are equivalent products available by other reputable Insurers at much better rates.

nonna

nonna

Recently claimed on damage to my computer, which was attended to promptly and very efficiently.
Reimbursement arrived quickly - A very smooth process, especially impressed with the staff - Paul and others, who couldn't have been more helpful on this occasion. Thankyou APIA.
Jennifer 20.10.20

Coverage TypeContents Only
bbwgus

bbwgusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Privacy matters - does it?

Been dealing with these people for over 18 months. Communication between them and A1 their repairer poor. Tradies come to my house and ask me "what has to be done" because they have not been told according to them. A1 tradies ask me for photos that A1 took.

They refuse to discuss my claim when they call me until I prove who I am. I get the privacy requirement but shouldn't it apply to them too? They sent me someone else's Lifetime Guarantee with all their personal details on it, someone else's privacy agreement and a statement of work with the A1 quoted prices on it, not in one email, but over three separate emails.

I have been with them over 10 years I think. Not a fan but insurance companies are much of a muchness.