APIA Home Insurance

APIA Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by APIA

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (20)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (29) · No (28)

KevinX3
KevinX3Kambah 2902, ACT

One Star for Pricing

Fiona M
Fiona Mmelbourne

Cost of Car and Home & Content Insurance Premiums

I've been with APIA for nearly 15 years. This year I received my home insurance premium renewal which has increased by 12.6%. So I decided it was about time I investigated other Insurers for my Car and Home & Contents insurance. My result has been astonishing. I made sure that I was comparing 'apples with apples' i.e. details matched what was in my current APIA policies. For everyone's information I can get my car insurance for $800 less p/a and my home & contents insurance for $790 less p/a - saving me a whopping $1,590 p/a. Shop around people...APIA is a rip off.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Josh B
Josh BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unconscionable conduct – 0 star

Joyce C
Joyce CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Complaint

My Neighbours house was damaged in the storm in Melbourne 30th of October 2021, this insurance company has stalled miserably, she was told the work would begin in January, this is now April and the work has still not started, I have 1 of her pets as her house is unliveable (I have had her pet bird for 5 months). I am glad I am with another company which has fixed up the damage from the storm. Take note if you decide to go with this company

K V.
K V.

Apia like Optus wants to lose customers not assist them

M Dale
M DaleCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Uncontactable Abysmal Service

Been with this company 15 years and lodged our first claim this year. I have sat on the phone for hours waiting to get through to a claims officer who has now taken months to process our claim for a plaster ceiling replacement following water damage. Claim remains in the pipeline and still unprocessed and the service line places us on hold for 3-4 hours waiting. Absolutely shocking service and no office in the ACT for us to visit and talk through our claim to get our claim resolved.
Will be looking into changing our insurer if and when our ceiling is repaired.
Don't go near this mob. They don't deserve one star

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Unahppy
UnahppySydney, NSW

Staff friendly- but if you want something done??? Words good. Actions nothing.

My parents were flooded weeks ago and are long term Apia customers. The staff you speak with are really friendly but no contact with assessors or their allocated contact since. Countless calls asking questions which we got conflicting answers. Other insurance providers had staff on the ground and works underway. We’ve done everything ourselves and are still waiting to hear from our allotted claims expert. Everyone we speak to are fantastic, but when it comes to doing something? All words no actions. I’d take a rude staff member who got mould removed and doors fixed over platitudes every day.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

awful service

Yes the policy was easy to set up.
Almost 12 weeks ago my house was flooded and there is no sign of resolution yet, This is my first year with APIA. Time lag has made it possible for black mould to make merry but I have managed. Insects are now a problem, mainly spiders.
This company is almost impossible to contact by phone or text. I am 78 years old, I have a hacking cough and really want carpet replaced so that I can tidy up and resume living again.

They are not what they claimed to be

I have lodged a claim after a thunderstorm that caused damages to my property and contents. But 50 days later, very little progress has been made in processing my claim. They won’t provide emergency assist and you have to chase them numerous time before any action is carried out. We have been with the company more than 15 years.

Howie
HowieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Rip Off

Terry
TerryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

abysmal service, uncontactable, no help whatsoever

JeanC123
JeanC123Far North Queensland, QLD

Claim fail! Contrary information given, confused????

jezil
jezilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

APIA gets a bad rap but it has paid up on my claims!

Worst insurance company. Contact with personnel is nigh on impossible. Refused to payout on earthquake damage and

david
davidMurray Mallee, SA

Making a enquiry about existing policy

Annoying phn. Up to speek to someone they take ages telling u all this other crap ur not interested in eg staff may get a bonus don't care just put me through to someone to speek to bloody annoying enough to put u off insuring with Apia