APIA Home Insurance

1.9

Pam C

Pam CSydney, NSW

Repairs to my property undertaken by APIA Home Insurance

After a slow start following a storm back in early this year, I have had repairs completed through APIA Home Insurance. The companies allocated to undertake these repairs were Maincom and Steamatic. All repairs have been completed to the highest standard, and I have only praise for the workmanship undertaken. Everyone who came to my home was polite and helpful. Always phoning before they would arrive. And if any unforeseeable delay would notify me. Thank you APIA, and all involved. Very much appreciated.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
John Cavar

John CavarSydney

Highly recommended prompt I’d be lost without insurance , I managed 2 properties with Apia over 23 years , pretty fair .

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Bazz D

Bazz DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A cleaner to do a builders assessment.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Troyp

TroypGosford

Worst Customer Service For Elderly People

Roger

RogerPerth, WA

If I could award minus stars,I would.

Tried to inquire on behalf of a friend,who has just recently been diagnosed with Alzheimers, whether his home and contents policy was paid up to date.A yes or no answer was required.They played the confidentiality card and I could not progress further.So,until I can establish the truth,he could be uninsured!PATHETIC!

Property TypeVilla
Claim MadeNo

insurance policy less than useless

I have a low opinion of insurance corporations generally so I suppose I ought not be shocked at the behaviour of this one. Not only did they revalue my insured assets in a direction contrary to firm market trends they significantly raised the premiums, the policies were extremely poor value.

Denial of Liability

Apia rejected a public liability claim made by a client of twenty years. There was no concrete evidence available and Apia denied the claim out of hand on the word of the other person.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

claims department dishonourable, inefficient, and unprofessional when dealing with claims. Have cancelled 4 policies.

Had to chase apia claims people on regular basis to get updates and to do their job properly. Had to speak with people who had thick accents, so were difficult to understand.

Claim DateMay 2019
Margaret

MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

16% premium increase with no reason

APIA have been helpful in the past when setting up insurance, but every year the premium takes a huge hike. Every year you have to haggle down the price. They have added 9% to the estimated replacement cost but upped the premium by 16.7%? I thought they were trying to be better than that.

Angela Blakr

Angela BlakrHobart, TAS

Very happy with the service

I rang APIA regarding a car insurance claim and from the very beginning the company were very professional about handling my complaint.
Was given an Uber ride back to my home after dropping the car off, and an Uber ride to pick me up from home after the car was repaired. The staff fabulous, very helpful and the service fast.

Claim DateMay 2020
Gay E.

Gay E.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Perfect service

So easy to put in place!
Everything happened as the television ad suggested. I am saving money on my car insurance and the house and contents insurance is just as I would have hoped. Thank you APIA

Bookworm62

Bookworm62Perth, WA

Blaming me for not paying monthly installments their mistake not mine

I have had two letters from APIA advising payment was not made and they there going to cancel my house insurance which I have had with them for over 15 years and no problems. All of a sudden guess what they had changed BSB for monthly deductions BOQ to CBA I have never been a customer of CBA and you guessed no apology just threats to cancel felt very unhappy with them

carla evans

carla evansMid North Coast, NSW

Still waiting for apology

I'm fed up with them, they have stuffed about on the three policies I had with them. I cancelled home insurance, during the cool off time, two weeks later they debited my account. I've rung three times, still have not got a refund, after 22 days. Never an apology, it's like they are doing me a favour. I cancelled with them as they completely mucked up my funeral insurance, kept saying my premiums were dishonoured, no reason why they should have been. Just admit you stuffed up and give me my money back. Apology would be nice, but I've given up on this after a year of problems. By the way, my bank, St George have been very helpful through all this. Highly recommend them.

luc

lucSnowy Mountains

Not Caring

I asked the consultant if any suspensions on Insurances she advised that the government has given Pensioners $750.00 and that no suspension for Pensioners. I feel that it was unfair that the Apia consultant would say the above it is not right to judge Pensioners yes we have received $750.00 but the consultant does not understand the loss of monies for many pensioners who have worked all their lives. All I can say a little bit more of understanding and compassion. We are all suffering.

Jo Meilak

Jo MeilakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Apia have ripped us off on a claim, first saying it would be a $400 excess for our claim then 2 days later ups to $1,000

Seeking quotes from other companies proved an eye opener as Apia were extremely expensive with very high excess compared to others. We cancelled asap and are saving $120 a month with Australian Seniors!

Disappointing communication

I have had 3 home policies with Apia for 7 years. I made my first claim after hail damage to a roof. After 9 months of frustration with lack of communication, Apia have offered $23k. The cost to replace the roof is more than $90k. One particular email I sent on 7th February, received a reply on 28th March.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Joanne

JoanneIllawarra, NSW

Excellent product

I think this product is excellent value and has excellent coverage. It was ery easy to set up and an easy website to understand. I am new to Apia but will definitely continue.

JMM

JMMBrisbane

Disgraceful!

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Emir Joldic

Emir JoldicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional scammers .

It was my first claim in 20 years.Was insured for $100 000 for film equipment and ottoman empire jewellery .Was robed in 2019 ,my lost was over $80 000 and they offering me $27000 and APIA on purpose want Shaw prof of ownership for some items.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Matty D

Matty DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst Insurance Experience Ever

Our house was damaged in Mid-January this year 2020 with a tree falling on the house, and up to this point in time all the communication has been one way, me calling them! APIA have some company which they own called A1 Building Company who supposedly do the assessments and reports for claims. They have been promising the report on our claim now for going on to three months, and the countless times I call I’m told the same thing: the report should be finalised in the next few days. APIA are in my opinion a very dodgy insurance outfit and I would strongly advise if you’re considering any type of insurance to stay well clear of this outfit! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Claim DateJanuary 2020