APIA Home Insurance

APIA Home Insurance

Read the small print

Read the small printLaunceston, TAS

Delayed settlement

Made my claim for lost hearing aid on 13th November 2019. Was insured for $3249 and they offered me $2400 replacement that they could get but want to force me to use their supplier but I want to stick with the company who are looking after me very well. So I have escalated my rejection two level and still they are not communicating a result to me. At 71 I feel they are trying to bully me into accepting their offer which puts me out of pocket by $849

Claim DateNovember 2019

Maja

MajaSydney, NSW

Stick with NRMA

My dad has been waiting since the beginning of 2019 to get the wall, floor and carpet fixed after a busted pipe in the bathroom. Eventually the insurance sent someone to render the wall and it was poorly done. Dad had been waiting for almost 10 months with so many promises and no shows. I believe they were waiting for him to die rather than do the repairs. I got him back with NRMA thank god and we will never look back. I agree with other posts here about getting people to do repairs and maintenance unnecessarily. Seems like scam to get money from elderly people who are naive and trusting.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Pamela B

Pamela BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

APIA are back in my good books again

I received an email saying that our Policy would be cancelled. I was 'floored' having been a loyal member for over 25 years. But they heard my case and have reinstated our policy once more - for another 12 months at least. So I hope we have no claims in the meantime

APIA Investigators: Dishonest?

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2011

Perthgirl

PerthgirlPeel, WA

Fast and hassle,free

Excellent service...put in a claim last Thursday and included all supporting documentation. Had a call,back on Friday...money in bank on Monday!!! Absolutely no complaints. Person who dealt with my clam was efficient, polite and very helpful

Claim DateSeptember 2019

APIA send out professionals that are not honest and just in to make money

house and content insurance - interior water damage caused by issues with roof valley. Contacted APIA who sent out Home Repairs promptly to look at damage . I accept that the roof damage was a maintenance issue however in the time they took to send the report I had two independent quotes on the roof. Both independent quotes reported I needed the valley repaired. The points had been recently done and roof cleaned when the points were due to be done again.
APIA report said that I need the valleys, points and roof cleaned. Really! I'm changing all my insurance needs out of APIA as I feel I have no trust in them or those who represent them.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

John Ligthart

John LigthartSouth East Queensland, QLD

SAVE BY INSURING ELSEWHERE.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Scott Perkins

Scott Perkins

Pathetic

I had Car and Contents insurance with APIA had an incident when I went to claim with Contents made complaint I left to join NRMA and they are still taking money out of my account. Dont go with APIA I made complaint all they could do was blame computer?

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Mal

MalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick response

Thank you Apia for helping us out so promptly, can’t believe how quickly you helped us. Settlement within 24 hours. Thanks again. Would recommend you to anyone, saved a lot of worry.

Stefan Squires

Stefan SquiresPerth, WA

Great serviceAs

As a grey nomad I have had my Caravan insured with APIA since 2006. Recently my late model 2.4kva Generator burnt out and was beyond repair. The staff at APIA were fantastic and within a few days my claim was settled and a new replacement was purchased. No hassles with with APIA highly recommended

Claim DateJuly 2019

DaphGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2nd time I've needed them and they surpressed expectations.

Good policy. Moved from another provider who didn't perform and Apia were a great deal better and resolved the claim quickly Very pleased with the outcome and the way it was handled. I hVe car and household insurance with them and would recommended them

Type of ClaimImpact at Home and Theft
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Daph

I meant to say surpassed expectations

KatherineBrisbane

No more!

I have just had a similar experience. My premium has gone up over $400 this year to well over $2000! Last year the same huge increase occurred so I rang them wanting to decrease the rebuild amount. They refused to allow it. I had left it until the last minute so I paid up. I will be doing some "homework" early this year. So much for consideration for us as pensioners!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Johno

Pricing based on idiotic assumptions

Damien G.

Damien G.Mid North Coast, NSW

Over ten years paying without a claim

Over ten years we have had home, contents, car and funeral insurance. Wife falls over while vacuming and into the tv. Nope not covered so sorry, find out we arent even covered for theft. Obviously not happy and what do we have insurance for then? Preying on Pensioners its isgusting.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateMay 2019
Ian

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lost 1.2 carat diamond ring 22 carat gold which had made in Hong Kong

Got Home and Contents Insurance, also jewellery to value of $11,000. Lost ring put in claim for value of $4000 unable to produce certificate of value or photo etc. APIA sent details including a photo of ring similar to mine to Phenix jewelry, they sent value back of $500. Will be insuring with another company in future as over the years you pay thousands of dollars to these sharks who are quite willing to take your money but when it comes to a claim, BAD LUCK.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Scott P

Scott PSydney, NSW

Contents Insurance

southerngirl62

southerngirl62Sydney, NSW

Dragging the chain

I have two claims going at the same time one for storm damage for my home and the other for my investment property.
So far I could use a swear word but...they are the worst when it comes to paying or organising!!!
I was without power for 10 days and they couldnt care less they still havent paid me the fair compensation and the investment property has had water leaking onto the floors since the 21st March and still no plumber.
My renewal is just about up and I have 5 of them and will be going elsewhere to renew.
Maybe they should have better case managers who know what they are doing?

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Storm and Rainwater
Claim DateMarch 2019

NRO

NROGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Flooding.

Had 175mm of rain over 1 day here and suffered significant damage to the interior walls of the house. Offered $1755 compensation with a $1000 excess. I am totally appalled and am looking at changing who I am insured with.

Tracey

TraceyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Home Insurance perfection

We were flooded in december and apia have been fantastic on every level. Paul our manager has been so considereate even extending accomodation. They paid out quickly and disputed nothing. Highly highly recommend. We are so grateful that we had insuracne with them for this disaster

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

mike

mikeWANNIASSA

Took payments when policy cancelled

I got a rewal for my car insurance in January. I had gone up, suprise suprise. When i called them i asked them why it had gone up, they told me it was because of the lack of spare parts for older vehicles, i have Totoyota Landcruiser and the parts are everywhere.

I told them NOT to renew my policy as had found one cheaper elsewhere. As you may have guessed, they ignored this and took a payment anyway. This is the same company that is supposed to look after older Australians, this is a down right lie, they are the most expensive when it comes insurance cover.

Something needs to be done about the lies this company tells.

Insurance claim madeNo