Applaws Nature's Calling

Applaws Nature's Calling

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Applaws

• Odour Absoprtion
Kerry
KerryWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Nature’s Calling has it all in my opinion.

This is by far the best cat litter I have ever used, and will continue to use only this. I’ve got a mat down for tracking, not a problem. I also put the light on .

Purchased in January 2021.

Emily
EmilySouth West, QLD

Works well but tracks

It's a pretty fine litter so I found that it did track around the bathroom, didn't seem to get further than ~2m from the door though so manageable.
No concerns with the smell after about 10 days with 2xday scooping clumps and poops.
Hot tip if you have poor vision, this is not the litter for you, so hard to see the poops haha!

Purchased in December 2020 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $18.99.

Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.Mid North Coast, NSW

Love this litter but what about the packaging?

This litter has been my favourite out of a long line of litters. It clumps better than other litters I’ve tried, is very good with odour. I haven’t found it everywhere... my only issue is... The packaging. Is it recyclable? Is it sustainable? There is nothing on there and it takes away from the product. Dear makers of this product is your product packaging sustainable too? This is the question we want to know!

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths.

DeeIllawarra, NSW

My cat loves it!

We had to try different types of cat litter as the recycled paper type was regularly out of stock at our local supermarket. And this is the one our 17 year cat (who has urinary disease) prefers.
We love it because it doesn’t smell, easy to scoop without being dusty, lasts a long time & most importantly for me it is lightweight & easy to carry unlike the other types. The only negative is that it does track a little but using a Dustbuster picks it up quickly. We’ve kept one tray with the recycled paper and she still prefers to use the Applaws filled tray 80% of the time.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths for $13.50.

Charlotte B.Applaws

Thanks Dee, we're so happy to hear you (and your four legged friend) is happy with Applaws Nature's Calling. Your review is very much appreciated.

wlstnr
wlstnrSydney, NSW

Messy and transfer colours to paws

Because it's lighter than others, it gets goes everywhere. The initial odour is pleasant but after a few days, it doesn't mask the smell at all. I wanted to like it but when I see those brown paws of my cats, I can't get over it if it's the urine or the litter. The cats preferred the clay over it so made a decision to stop using it after two weeks

Purchased in April 2020 at PetO for $28.00.

Checkout Chick
Checkout ChickPerth, WA

I have tried them all - this works

I have tried them all. Seriously. Clumping, Non-clumping... the lot. This is the one I like the most. The size of the litter is small so easier for the cat to move it about. The clumps don't turn into concrete like some others. Clumps easy to remove and this stuff doesn't smell bad.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for $14.00.

Charlotte B.Applaws

Thanks for your amazing review, you sound like you know your stuff when it comes to cat litter!

Life changing

We have 2 large indoor cats and recently tried Applaws - the difference is amazing , no more cat wee smell and it’s much easier to clean than our previous non clumping litter. Whilst We initially thought it was expensive , it has lasted much longer than others and will definitely work out cheaper in the long run. It does have an unusual earthy smell but it’s far more pleasant than the cat pee smell The small amount that may get tracked is easy to sweep or vacuum and doesn’t scratch the wooden floor. Would definitely recommend giving this product a try.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths.

Charlotte B.Applaws

Wow, what a fantastic review! Thanks Helen, this is truely appreciated.

Shane
Shane

Smells bad and tracks a lot

This litter stinks just when u open the bag. After the cat has done one urine a gross ammonia smell lingers and gives me a headache ... also it tracks a LOT, which is really gross especially because it smells even when clean. It is good at clumping and flushing, but I’m switching because the smell is giving me a headache

Purchased in November 2019 at Pet Circle.

Leah
LeahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a fan of the smell.

It really does clump well - so that's great and flushes well too. However - the smell - I couldn't get past it. It wasn't great at hiding the litter odour but the smell itself just wasnt for me. There was some tracking also, probably minimised because we have an enclosed tray. Our cat liked it though

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Gym junkie
Gym junkie

Dont waste your money it's literally crap.

Is gets stuck on the bottom and is gross to get off after 2 days - it's not the best odor suppressor.
To expensive - if it was like 5$ it's worth it but nothing more. Pretty poor product. My thoughts are that the reviews are paid reviews because it's crap.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $13.99.

LinCan
LinCanACT, 2602

Best litter I've tried

Paws awhile
Paws awhileAU

The best cat litter I have used so far

TaleyaJ
TaleyaJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Stuff

we'd actually grabbed a bag a few months ago as a "backup" in case we ran out of the usual stuff, and welp, that happened. Immediately noticed this stuff clings far less than catalux, much easier to clean up if tracked (and tracking is massively reduced as well) and drops the fecal odour. Definitely moving now to make this our main litter - cats seem to enjoy digging around in it more.

I was surprised to read some complaints about it not clumping - usually that means you have too much pee and not enough litter. About 12cm depth does our three cats very well, and it clumps absolutely beautifully.

Mazey
MazeyWestleigh

So-so performance

purplecica
purplecicaSydney

Best Kitty Litter ever!!

This is the best kitty litter I have found by far! Clumps really well and ABSOLUTELY NO ODOUR!
Lasts forever with just a top up every now and then, composts well in the garden. There's a bit of brown tracking but there's tracking with all litter.
I'm happy to have found a natural littler for my kitties.

Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.asked

Is the bag for your litter able to be recycled?

Charlotte B.Applaws

Thank you for contacting Applaws – we love hearing from our customers, especially when you’re interested in
the same issues as us. Trying to improve the environment by reducing your usage of single use plastic makes
us very happy.
Like you, we care about our environment and are working hard to reduce the impact we have on our planet.
Currently, 88% of our packaging is already recyclable, including our tins, pots and some of our pouches.
Unfortunately, due to the oils that our litter contains, our bags need a special lining which cannot not be recycled. We have regular updates from our packaging suppliers who are trying to create a suitable replacement – as soon as we can change them we will. We are proud to tell you that we only use ingredients from sustainable sources and use dolphin-friendly fishing methods to create our recipes, so it not only tastes good, it makes us feel good too.

Dee

Although the litter is 100% biodegradable I don't think the bag can be recycled; however the bag doesn't tear/break like other litter bags.

Helen A.asked

Are you able to advise if the Applaws Nature’s Calling cat litter is safe if ingested by dogs please ?

Charlotte B.Applaws

Hi Helen, although Nature's Calling is 100% natural, it is not produced to be ingested and therefore if your dog was to ingest it we would recommend seeking advice from your vet. Hope this helps.

Mary Hasmeinabox
Mary Hasmeinaboxasked

Is it really that dusty?

Canny Customer
Canny Customer

Hi Mary - in my review I mentioned "I don't notice any tendency towards dustiness" because one of the other reviewers felt that the bag of litter she tried was rather dusty. You do get a little bit of tracking of the litter around the vicinity of the tray due to little pieces sticking to the cat's paws, but I think that would apply to any type of litter you used. Some of the granules are small, so the other reviewer may have viewed the tracking of those small particles as dustiness. Hope that helps with your query.

Riina
Riina

I find that there's a fine brown dust that builds up on every surface in my bathroom (it's not tracking - it's dust). I'm experiencing this less now that I'm careful not to shake it up too much when I scoop it, and also I feel like since I wrote my review I've noticed the product become less dusty. Perhaps I had an unusually dusty batch early on? Anyway - it's a very good cat litter IMO and that's the only downside. It doesn't track much, it contains odours, it's easy to use - I recommend trying it.

meganjoy
meganjoy

Hi Mary,
I'd recommend sticking to the larger sized bag. I find the dust is really only a problem with the smaller sized bag. It's possible to diminish the amount of dust by standing outside in a breeze and giving the tray a good shake (but don't stand down wind!).
I think the dust varies enormously between the big bags and the small bags. See what you think.

Get an answer from our members and Applaws representatives

CategoryCat Litter