Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter

Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter

Paul

PaulBrisbane

Loved it in the first week, second week not so much...

In the first week, it's great, excellent, low tracking through the house, low odour, easy to sift...

By the 2nd week, the pellets start to break down into dust and it generally starts to smell.

After about day 10 I've been forced to do a full litter refresh.

The "Lasts up to 8 weeks" claim is ludicrous. It lasts around 10 days with sifting morning and night using the Rufus & Coco tool to keep it as fresh as possible.

Rufus & Coco should drop the unreasonable claims from the packaging. Technically it's a good product, but it's priced to last 8 weeks and lasts just over one week. It's not cost effective.

Purchased in April 2019.

Odour Absoprtion
Clumping Ability

Stephanie

StephanieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not 'Dust Free'

Tried this litter as it gets great reviews. At first I thought this litter was great, clumps well, easy to clean and reduces smells. However, after a few days, dust starts to build up on the bottom and creates a dust cloud each time my cats use it. They have actually started sneezing more often since using it. I now scoop out the dust to avoid them breathing it in. I will be changing to another brand.

Purchased in April 2019.

Odour Absoprtion
Clumping Ability
Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Great for the first few days, terrible after that.

Sophie

SophieBrisbane

Best litter found

Absolutely no tracking, no odour, fantastic clumping ability, economical as no wastage. Bag lasts forever. Happy cats. Happy owner

Susanne

Susanne

Not as good as I thought it would be

My cat spreads it around the laundry in her paws. I find that it doesn't clump very well. Its soft and when I pick it up with the scoop it breaks up and goes through the scoop and its hard to scoop it out of the cleaner litter. As a result I use a lot more and there is no way a 9 kg bag will last nearly 18 weeks.

I had great hopes for this litter and very disappointed.

Annie

AnnieMelbourne

Unfortunately left with a bad odour

Saw this on TV and decided to give it a try. Was a bit dubious of the price nonetheless, wanted an alternative to crystals. Was OK at first but after two days of cleaning the litter was left with an awful litter plus ammonia smell coming from our laundry where the litter is. Not sure if I'd purchase it again.

flame.gisa

flame.gisaWA, 6030

It’s not as good as expected..

Nicky29

Nicky29Sydney Surrounds, NSW

My cats will not use anything else!

I've tried all the other litters and nothing even comes close to Wee Kitty, it clumps so well and doesn't have an awful smell like the others. My two boys refuse to use any other litter. Plus, its completely natural so wont hurt them at all. Love love love this!

Best.

Simply amazing. Mutiple cat owners, look no further. Low tracking, amazing odour control and clumps like no litter you have ever seen.

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Fantastic product for both owners and pets !

This product is great, it makes an unpleasant job much easier and quicker. It clumps up the nasties and is one of the better products I have used in regards to odour control.

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Hi Jay! Thank you so much for your feedback, we're delighted to hear that you love using our litter and that it makes clean up a breeze :)

Mattyl

MattylSydney

My cats loved it!

I was given the litter by a friend to use with a kitten I was fostering and she was using it well. Then my other cats found the litter tray and stopped using their regular trays until I put the Wee Kitty litter into their trays! It was a winner for sure. It is so easy to clean up, and very absorbent.

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Hi Matty, Thank you for sending us your feedback! We're over the moon that our Wee Kitty Litter was a hit with your furry friends and that clean up is a breeze :) .
Love, The Team @ Rufus & Coco

My kitties love it and I love it too!

I love Coco & Rufus corn clumping litter. Its environmentally friendly, clumps really well and most importantly great for odour control as I live in a townhouse. I also find it to be quite cost effective, as one small 2kg bag lasts 4 weeks or more for me. I used to use paper pallets but the smell was horrible.

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Hi there! Thank you so much for sending us your feedback - we love hearing from our customers :). We're so glad that our litter has worked wonders for you and kitty cat/s and that you've found success with our Wee Kitty!

Excellent product

I found this product to have some great qualities. The pellets are larger, so this reduces bits and pieces being tracked outside of the tray. It seems very absorbent, which substantially reduces odour (my favourite aspect of this litter!). The clumping makes clean up easy and reduces wastage. Very happy with this product!

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Kitties and the humans love it!

I recently switched from my existing litter brand to Rufus and Coco's wee kitty clumping corn litter. It's without a doubt the best litter i've used, for odour control, convenience and my kitties love it (the most important part!) the fact that it clumps, and is flushable makes cleaning the litter trays a much easier and quicker task.
Already started recommending to friends!

It has changed my life!

This litter is amazing!! I previously used crystal litter and I have a very fussy cat that refused to use it after two days. I was totally refreshing and cleaning the trays every 2 days which was very tedious and expensive. With this litter I just scoop out the waste and he has used it up to 1.5 weeks without a clean and change. I could probably get longer than 1.5 weeks but don't want to push my luck! haha

Highly recommended!!

Hi Morogost
Thank you so much for taking the time so send us your feedback. We're delighted to hear that our litter has worked wonders for you and your little mate! :)

SeanYCHOBART

Excellent litter but my kitten always eats it??

The litter is excellent, fast clumping and can reduce the odour to the minimum. However, I found my kitten loves eating it. ??? We defenitely gave our kitten enough food (Royal Canin) and various treats but the kitten just cannot stop eating this corn litter.

Anyone can help? We now have to switch to Tidy Cats but I still prefer this corn litter....

SeanYC

Thank you so much. I will try this!

Lina Summers

Lina SummersHobart

The best so far!

Compared to the different kitty litter brands that I've tried, this one seems to be the best. I live in an apartment and I don't have the luxury of open spaces for my cats. It doesn't leave a nasty smell and its very easy to clean up.

Flutterby

FlutterbySydney

Holy Grail of kitty litter

does not smell, even after 6 weeks.
flushable.
cost effective as it lasts for ages.
PERFECT for apartment living, as IT DOES NOT SMELL

I have to go out of my way to get it from petwarehouse and i have no room to store bulk bags, even so, it gets 10/5 stars. IT DOES NOT SMELL.
only downside is tracking. we got a little vacuum to make it easiest. even so, i still would give it 10 out of 5 stars.

Have i said IT DOES NOT SMELL?

Best litter I've found!

My favourite cat litter I've found by far. Clumps easily and easier to clean up than most litters. Love it!!! 10/10. My girl is a fan :)

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Best kitty litter I have ever used

Fantastic kitty litter, biodegradable and natural, very low oder and it clumps so we'll you use a lot less over time. Plus great delivery service from Rufus and Coco team.

SteveB

SteveBasked

Hi Can you guarentee your corn cat litter will not contain or grow the aflatoxin mould as per the research below?

A particularly concerning result of this is the growth of aflatoxin mold in corn cob cat litter. from pet owners state that this mold growing in their cat’s litter box made their cats sick and even lead to death. Cornell’s Department of Animal Science says that: “the commodities with the highest risk of aflatoxin contamination are corn, peanuts and cottonseed.
Aflatoxin mold loves growing in warm, wet corn. Corn cob cat litter manufacturers know that. That’s why manufacturers test their product before it hits the shelves. The problem is that the mold can appear later on, when the litter is in your house and in contact with your cat.

Hi SteveB,

We have a test showing that there is no trace of Aflatoxins in our Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter.

Kind regards,

The Rufus & Coco Team

Jocelyn

Jocelynasked

I live in Chermside Brisbane. Where can I buy this or is it online?

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

You can purchase Wee Kitty Litter online at www.rufusandcoco.com.au, alternatively you can view our list of stockists here - https://www.rufusandcoco.com.au/stockists.

Kind regards,

The Team @ Rufus & Coco

Sarah

Sarahasked

Hi
We have just bought this litter for our 2 cats and my cat is eating it. Is this dangerous and how do I get him to realise it's litter not food ?

Pam
Pam

I had the same problem with my cat too, turns out my cat loves the taste of corn. Eating small amounts of the litter shouldn't be too dangerous for your cat, but I think you should change litters for the sake for your cat. I called up the Rufus & Coco and they told me to mix half of their litter with half of the cat's old litter so they can get used to it, but unfortunately my cat still didn't want to do her business in it. My cat is now using Applaws natures calling cat litter, no problems at all.

Zaklina
Zaklina

I agree with catlover48 above. It's probably not going to make your cat sick if only small amounts were ingested, but if your cat thinks it's a meal and not litter, then it's best to change to a different litter. The Applaws one is good, but only if you have a darker coloured kitty, or one that is meticulous about cleaning itself if it's lighter coloured (neither of which are characteristics of my kitty). I use a recycled paper litter pellets, which is okay for my kitty. The only thing is it tracks and doesnt clump like the Rufus and Coco one.

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear about your little mate's troubles!

I have to admit we have never had this query before.

Rest assured, Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn litter is a natural product (made from corn) so there are no chemicals or other nasties in there. In fact, it actually breaks down in liquid - which is why it is flushable! So if your little mate does happen to eat some, it can be ‘flushed’ from their system by drinking plenty of water.

However, we recommend that you give your cat plenty of water and keep a close eye on her and if you are concerned consult your friendly vet.

I suggest sprinkling some of your cats previous brand of litter over the top of the Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn litter until they get used to the idea it is litter.

Please let us know how you go! We can be contacted directly at hello@rufusandcoco.com.au

Tahlia @ Rufus & Coco Vet Nurse