Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Apple iPhone 7 Plus

32GB, 128GB and 256GB

LOVE MY iPHONE

Love my iPhone.
Haven’t opened my laptop since I got it.
Use it for everything.
Use it for graphic design.
Use it for business.
Means I can go anywhere
Camera is pretty good, use it daily, wish it came with a couple of lenses.
So intuitive and easy to use.

The downside:

The memory isn’t big enough. Have 102,000 + photos and counting, so no room for music or any other apps other than the essential.

Power chord WAY TOO SHORT ! What were they thinking? I don’t like talking with my head on the floor 10cm away from a power point.

It is a rediculous price !

Hoping they can do something about that because I LOVE my iPHONE.

Purchased in September 2017.

Software

Good quality camera but phone can glitch sometimes

I have had the 7+ for a while now and the large screen size is really helpful and lessens the strain on my eyes. Initially, I was super happy with the phone, due to the large screen size as well as the good quality camera as well as the fact that the phone has portrait mode setting which makes a lot of my photos look really high quality. However over time, I have noticed that the phone sometimes 'glitches' and freezes unexpectedly and I have to force shut it down. There are also several instances where the phone will freeze when I am typing with the keyboard and it won't disappear even when I press the lock button or go to another app or close the app completely. The phone is also 128gb which is basically as large as the size of my laptop and I really do appreciate this as I can download a lot of apps and keep a lot of photos on my phone instead of uploading it elsewhere. There are no problems with the brightness and it is fairly durable (as I have accidentally dropped it a couple of times albeit with a phone case). Usually, I use the phone for messaging, calling, taking photos, playing a few games and watching videos. Apps usually run fairly well but can shut down sometimes when I have been on a single game for a while.

Purchased in June 2017.

Best by far

Very easy to use. Large screen easy options and camera is clear. Perfect for playing games and texting and video calls. Apps upload easily and run without a problem. Perfect size phone for big hands.

Purchased in May 2015.

Was Okay at the time

Was pretty happy with this phone when we first purchased it and the camera was pretty good, however we definently noticed after multiple updates the phone slowed right down and the apps and games ran very slowly which was enough to make us want to jump over to android.

Purchased in February 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $1,479.00.

Software

Absolutely stupid and annoying features

Even the cheapest android gives you the option to pause a video while recording - not the iPhone. Do you wanna delete a thousand photos? Take a day off as you can't delete them in bulk. Do you wanna simply put some music or any content on your phone? Take a week off as there is nothing more frustrating than iTunes. My life is better since I went back to android and sold this piece of crap.

Purchased in February 2017.

Software

The choice of pro photographers and travellers when convenience and quality is essential.

when i read a review of the iPhone 7+ on a pro photography website, where the author stated that many of his peers and colleagues were leaving their heavy kit at home and carrying the 7+ instead due to this iPhone's ability to take, edit, store and transmit a very large amount of high quality photos that are above the publishing standard of ten megapixels, (iPhone 7+ has 12 megapixels on main camera) i decided to buy one. theres some special reason why the two lens camera on the back of the 7+ gets such great portraiture and with its special chips inside it the camera can patch together some great panorama shots (i took mine to the blue mountains and have the best panoramas iv'e ever taken from there). The screen on this camera is of the highest quality, its more photoreal than any android oled screen and thats why it sucks more juice, its resolution is beyond the ability of our eyes to see the individual pixels. so when you take a photo with the iPhone seven plus you can be sure that basic editing on the phone will be accurate and to the quality level expected even by magazine publishers. thats the level this phone is at, its a pro's go-to, snap-snap, ready-at-all-times, standardised to the highest quality camera and communication device. i reccomend you buy the highest capacity, i bought half that and am not disappointed as that fulfils my needs and budget, plus i have the infrastructure to back my iPhone up regularly and keep the photos on an external drive, my phone is mostly filled with music apps. its not filled to capacity. neither is my ex girlfriend's 7+, which is good because she just left for a holiday in Nepal. I'm sure she remembered to pack a couple of spare USB batteries and the requisite cables. I like to have a really short lightning to USB cable to go from my battery to my phone and fit in my pocket without any tangles. I told my ex to buy the 128gb 7+ like me, but she bought the 256gb top-capacity 7+, she made the decision based on the fact that her 32gb iPhone 5s ran out of space and she was forever making room to take more photos. We both are artists of some kind and i have been a semi-pro photographer with all the gear in the past, my ex is a printmaker. we both use social media to post our photos and my ex uses special cameras and filters she gets from the app store, she edits her photos using apps and filters from the app store and then posts them up. I take photos and videos, i don't edit them, unless the form they are going into requires some tweaks or something, and sometimes i post to social media, other times i'm just glad to have a very accurate recording of the phenomena or object, and store it into my collection for others to see later on. i also use the iPhone to take sound recordings onto its many microphones, sometimes i just rip a sample straight into the iPhones tiny mics for my music, i can always use a lightning to usb adapter, also i found a particular "grey to black" adapter by RODE microphones which in turn fits into the headphone stereo with mic to lightning adapter on the 7+. this little adapter allows me to plug in my $200 sony minidisc stereo microphone or other stereo mics that come with the smaller jack for video cameras and the like. it then goes from stereo to mono i beleive, and mixes both channels too i think because i can't tell the two channels apart when preference-ing one mic side over the other, i doubt this is technically possible but it seems to be the way it works..

another benefit of having the iPhone 7+ is the button. Its not actually a button it just vibrates with haptic feedback when pressed, which means unlike previous iPhones, the button will not break and cost you heaps to get fixed. also, the button is still there! if you prefer using the button and having touchID fingerprint reading instead of three-dimensional infra-red photo ID then this phone would be a good choice, you might dislike having a glass back on your phone like the 8+, that can break, finally the iPhone 7+ meets high industry standards for water resistance/water proofing. so it should be a lot easier to ruggedise the iPhone 7+ than any other phone out there in my opinion, thats if you want the pro-photo quality and other features mentioned in this review like touch-ID, a photo-real retina screen, several high quality mics and access to what i reluctantly name as the best app store for photos and music, which is the Apple one.

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,150.00.

Poor reception

Good phone with decent features but really pathetic reception and there is some issue about the audio. My mate’s Samsung Galaxy is way faster with internet reception and you can actually hear the person on the other hand. Expecting more from Apple.

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,000.00.

Software

Unbreakable (According to a serial breaker)

I love this phone. I’ve had it for 2 years this month and prior to that I haven’t had a phone longer than 3months without breaking it. Works just as well as the day I purchased it and no cracks or dents in sight. I feel like it was made for me.

Purchased in March 2017.

Really nice size and phone

The iphone 7 plus was great when i used it, the camera was probably the best on the market, it also was really nice to be water resistant. I mostly used it to call and text but it was a great phone to use to also play a couple games on. I ended up giving it to my nephew after i bought myself an xr and he really enjoys it

Purchased in November 2017 at Apple Online store for $1,400.00.

The worst phone I’ve had

I bought this phone new online from Apple in NSW. No one could hear me during calls.
I took it to the Genius Bar in Charlestown. They gave me a replacement. This phone is even worse and terrible faults. Apple refuses to replace the phone. The conmen at Charlestown claim there’s nothing wrong with it by looking st it for only 5 minutes. I paid over a thousand dollars for a piece of rubbish. The phone faults are:
- trouble being heard on phone (I can hear other but they cannot make out what I’m saying).
- repeatedly freezes whereby I’m unable to use anything or make calls. I have to shut the phone down and restart it each time. it freezes during writing emails or texts, or playing app games.
- the screen darkens all the time so I have to change the light setting.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Best phone of apple

The iPhone 7 is a great phone. It has a 3D touch, virtual home button. This phone has a 128GB capacity and allows me to store a lot of photos and videos. This phone is very smooth while using and the game performance is also very good. The disadvantage is that the battery capacity is too low.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great phone

The camera quality on this particular phone is decent. The Screen quality is questionable as are they all being glass. The brightness is exceptional and being able to customise it from the lock screen is essential. I use this particular phone to call, text, FaceTime, email, social media, safari, track my fitness. Watch Stan Netflix etc . Being able to choose what apps you install on the phone is great. Makes everything very customisable.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Never buy any iphone

I regret my decision of buying iphone; I was very happy with Android but just for the show-off sake I bought iphone and ever since I have bought it, I am struggling. For every single thing you need to go through iTunes which is a pain. I want to reset my phone to factory settings but it does not let me from phone. Apple care suggest through itunes, it's been more than 15 hrs but itunes could not reset it. it is still saying downloading some software for that. Pathetic! I wish I could give 0 star to apple.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Awesome phone

The iPhone 7 plus is an awesome phone, i love it. Does everything i need too, interacts with all my other mac devices, love how it is waterproof, connecting via bluetooth is a breeze. Only thing i dont like is they got rid of the headphone jack. Wish they would bring that back.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very nice improvement

I had an iPhone 6s plus before and was quite happy with the performance. But when I upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus, you can really feel the difference. The performance is snappier, the camera is a lot better and the sound quality is superb.

It is now also water proof which is a great feature. I use my iPhone 7 for games and I could not complain anything about its performance.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great phone

I have liked this phone, particularly the portrait mode that I think most phones have now. I have received heaps of compliments on the photos I’ve taken. I also prefer the larger screen. I use the recorder for work sometimes, emailing, and the calendar. I find the alarm is reliable in the mornings. The apps generally run smoothly and I’ll just reboot it if there’s a problem. I also like how light it is for the size. The display is clear and easy for me to read. I would buy Apple again. I used to have the 5 but I gave it to my dad as a hand me down. It’s also still going strong.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Very powerful smart phone

Very powerful smart phone, I have been using it for 2 years. Great storage capacity to hold all my apps, photos etc. nice color. Have always kept screen protector and cover son it so there are no scratches or dents on the phone. Easy to use. Easy to see the screen especially with options like naming the print bigger.
I will always stay with Apple because it’s just so easy to use. It doesn’t lag.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

This is good phone

Hi I use apple iPhone 7 Plus. It’s a very nice phone it’s very useful to me. My brother in law gifted to me this phone last year on my birthday. I really thank full to my brother in law. After used for a year it working as a brand new.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

iPhones are White Ears Ahead Of Time ^^\ Time..!

Cool phone new operating system 12.01 is very
Secure, l trust it, the iPhone X backup
( see other review ) is even better and the xs max
Is cool too, Siri usually gets it spot on though
Lost in a mini competition with Google pretty rare!
Apple phones are tops l have no trouble in
Endorsing them, thanks Apple!

Very best wishes

^^\ Time..!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Better than expected

Good overall phone, my first apple purchase. Overall functionality is easy to navigate and use. Good camera and features. Find that the screen is easily breakable compared to other phones I’ve had when dropped (even slightly knocked). find that the apple support is an added bonus when buying this phone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018