Aptamil Gold+ De-Lact

Aptamil Gold+ De-Lact

4.3

• Breastfed Child Yes (38%) · No (63%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (22%) · No (78%)
putri.biotech

putri.biotechGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not suitable for my newborn' s tummy

We tried this brand since our newborn needs a top up and we tried other baby formulas and werent suitable for his tummy. As soon we gave him first bottle he screamed in pain and had gas. We thought this lactose intolerant milk would be suitable but no. So we stopped.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$25.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

LittlemissrhiNew South Wales

Great formula

My baby has had some lactose intolerance and we tried another lactose free formula which still made him scream in pain and be very windy. I was reluctant to try a different brand but I gave aptamil a go and my son loves it. No side effects from it whatsoever. Still pooping as normal. No excess wind or crying in pain. Drinking the whole bottle. The formula is easy to prepare. It does have some bubbles but only if you over shake it. My son has now grown out of his lactose intolerance and do to the success we have had with this formula I'm going to stick to the same brand.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for A$25.00.

ArielleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Life saver!

Tried a few different formulas for my son when we discovered he was lactose intolerant. Seemed he was unable to keep most down. As soon as we tried Aptamil De Lac he was instantly a different baby! Drinking his bottles, keeping them down and was so happy and content after a feed. This formula is my #1 recommendation for babies with LI!

Purchased in November 2018 at Woolworths for A$25.00.

Kristina M.Sydney, NSW

Highly recommended

Due to supply issues, my firstborn was drinking formula from 1 month old. I started him off on other non lactose free brands but found that he was getting a lot of wind. After doing my research, I put him on another lactose free brand, but still to no avail. But Aptamil DeLact was the winner. He was on it his first year before switching to Aptamil Gold Stage 2.

I'm about to start my new 4 month old on mix feeds and this will be my formula of choice.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

RichelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good but very watery

3week old, helps with his wind and bloated stomach however it is very watery and baby struggles to drink it as the flow is way to strong. I have tried three different bottles on flow 1 for new born and the formula just flows out the teat.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for A$21.00.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Richelle, the formula should be the same consistency as a standard formula. It might be best to call us to discuss further. ph the Nutricia Careline 1800438500 Regards Sue Nutritionist

Richelle

It is definitely more watery and less powdery then the normal formula. We are now using Dr browns bottles and it seems to be okay

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Richelle, good to hear that the Dr Brown's bottle seems to be working. If you have any further concerns, please call us at the Careline 1800 438 500.
Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Dom

DomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy on the tummy

My baby had bad reflux and diahorrea, we didn’t know he was lactose intolerant, we tried this formula and we could see the changes in our baby straight away- no more vomiting and no more runny watery poos and no more pain in tummy. Absolute life saver!!! He seems to like the taste and it’s easy to prepare.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$23.00.

Layne

LayneSydney

Great to substitute normal formula when baby has the runs

My baby had gastro and I was advised to switch to lactose free formula ASAP should this ever happen. As she was already on Aptamil, I decided to switch to Aptamil Lactose Free and it worked wonders. I stuck to lactose free for a week even though my baby's gastro got better quicker as they can still be lactose intolerant for a bit longer. Because she was sick, she wasn't drinking as much, but what she did drink didn't make her have the runs which was great!

Purchased in March 2019.

Sarah Stuart

Sarah StuartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Had to change to this almost a year ago and my son has been great on this!

I highly recommend this formula for bubs with unsettled bellies, our boy had runny poos for so long and then we got told by a doctor that he is lactose so since changing to this it’s been heaven! He is a much happier baby and loves his bottle before bed!

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.00.

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

By far the best formula I’ve used! So gentle on tummy. Wish I knew about it earlier!!!

My daughter was prescribed at 3 months when she had a gastro virus. She adjusted so easily to it. So gentle on her tummy regular poo and not straining at all like other formulas I had tried. It’s like any other formula to prepare it’s pretty straight forward. Wish I knew about this earlier!!

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for A$22.00.

Bad reaction to formula

Sadly my grandson had a very bad reaction to this formula. He broke out in a red dotty rash immediately on his face and back and was rushed to hospital. Not to mention his puffy eyes. Luckily his throat did not swell up. I had read previous reviews regarding this formula but we had a very serious reaction. So therefore I cannot rate this product. Anna on 21st Jan 2019

Leesha

LeeshaIpswich

Life saver

CJR

CJR

Great Product

I purchased aptamil gold delact for my bub when he was a newborn as the previous formula was making him very constipated. Since changing formulas we haven’t had this issue. It is also very well priced in comparison to some of the ‘specialist’ formulas that are on the market in QLD

SallyM

SallyMSydney

Perfect for bub who was vomiting alot

Thought I would give this a try for my 8 month old who has had formula topics since birth.
I had previously been using Nan optipro which was great except she vomited all the time! Only little amounts and didn’t bother her at all but they were frequent enough for me to think it didn’t seem normal.
Since changing to aptamil de lact the vomiting has almost completely stopped!

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi- I'm glad your wee baby is doing so well on the Aptamil Delact formula but there may be another good option for you to try. Please give us a call on 1800 438 500 so we can have a chat- from the Nutricia Careline

Tara tait

Tara taitGold coast

Great price, worked for us

My son was getting really bad stomach aches from regular formula and this was suggested by my doctor. We swapped over and within 2 days the stomach has settled down. I always suspected he has dairy intolerance. He loves this formula. It is easy to mix and prepare and has worked well for us. It is reasonably priced at woolies for $19 a tin

Happy healthy baby

Easy to prepare, my son loved the taste, and it dried up his frothy gastro poos within hours. We could not have got through the first 12 months with a lactose intolerant baby without this product. I just wish it was easier to find in the shops, and its so expensive.

DL1018

DL1018Sydney

Good for gastro baby

This formula is easy to prepare. I brought a couple of it when my baby had gastro. Doctor asked me to try a lactose free formula as her originally formula upset her tummy too much while she had gastro. I was worried she wouldn’t like the sudden change of the formula, but she didn’t mind it at all and quite enjoyed it. And the company can give you advise on how to change back to normal formula when the baby is well again.

Ann

AnnSydney

De-Lact saved my baby

Yes, easy to prepare and baby loves it, even though the taste is not as strong as normal formula. I bought De-lact for baby because baby poo four times a day and got watering poo later. GP asked me to stop formula, but baby was really relying on formula. Then pharmacist in Priceline told me to try this De-Lact for baby. And he loves it and stoped watering poo.

jay

jayCalamvale

it works perfect.

When my baby had a diarrhoea for a while, a friend mine recommended me to feed her with this formula and it worked perfectly! She still pooed but it was not watery at all which makes it much easier to clean up. haha My friend actually buy this one since her baby needs lacto free formula

Virginia

VirginiaPerth

Not for my bub

While trying several different formulas to find one that best suits the budget and more importantly my baby, this was a decent price, but gave my daughter diarrhoea and made her mood very flat and quiet. In general, using EIGHT scoops for a single feed is ridiculous - especially when doing feeds at night/very tired, too easy to loose count. I would suggest a bigger scoop in order to achieve the same quantity with less complexity. The ledge to scrape of the excess is a good thing.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Virginia, sorry to hear your little one struggled and the scoop size didn't suit. Please contact the Careline on 1800 438 500 or email/livechat through www.aptanutrition.com.au. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

AJ87

AJ87Melbourne

Really good for upset little tummies

We went through so many formulas trying to find one that agreed with our little ones belly and the Aptamil lactose free was the only one that didn't give him the runs and gas. It's much easier to prepare for age ranges, I found S26 lactose too small of a serve for my babies age when prepared per their instructions. Aptamil mixes easy and price wise, it isn't too bad.

Gabby S.

Gabby S.asked

This formula is not soy based is it?

No it's not

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Gabby, The Aptamil Gold+ De-Lact is based on cow's milk and has all the lactose (milk sugar) removed. The Aptamil Gold+ De-Lact is not based on soy. I trust this answers your query, but please get in touch with the Careline on 1800 438 500 in Australia or 0800 438 500 in New Zealand or via Livechat on NutriciaCareline.com.au. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Sophieasked

Hi,
I’ve started my Son on Aptamil lactose free for my 3 month old as of today. And it says to feed 4 times a day? As my sons used to 6 feeds a day on previous formula/breast as we’re mixed feeding. Will he be ok with dropping two feeds so suddenly? Or will he work like clockwork and wanting a feed when he usually does?

Kristina M.

Hello! I had my firstborn on DeLact. I fed him as normal, which was every 3 hours. It worked out fine for us. (Honestly, I didn't even KNOW it was supposed to be 4 feeds. My second son is on regular Apatamil and some days he will feed more times than what the can says. His Newborn Care doctor has said to feed on demand.

Sophie

Thank you for your response. We’ve had a lot of feeding issues in regards to breast feeding and top ups. Which has caused me a lot of anxiety, he’s not crying so I’m assuming he’s not hungry but it just feels wrong to go so long between feeds.

Littlemissrhi

Just follow your baby's cues if he needs more feeds give him more

Karah K.

Karah K.asked

I have a 3 month old bub who is very fussy with bottles. I am mixed feeding and have tried 3 different formulas but still not much works. She has had bad gas and wind problems since she was born and is a colicky bub. Can I give this formula a try while still breastfeeding?

Arielle

Have you tried anti-colic bottles? I'd suggest the tommee tippee bran and this formula

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Karah, give us a call at the Nutricia Careline and we can talk through what is happening with baby and the best option for you. Arielle has a good suggestion to start with. cheers Sue Nutritionist

Sorry I meant the teat was a good suggestion. Cheers Sue

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives