ARB

ARB

See the Best Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Emergency services looked after

If you are Defence or Emergency services ARB Elizabeth will appreciate your service with a discount - Defence and Emergency services if your adding to your 4WD see ARB Elizabeth first

Store LocationARB Elizabeth South Australia

Yes.... Yet another exploding ARB rear canopy window

It would appear that the back window of the ARB canopy does in fact shatter and explode for no reason. We have footage on our surveillance camera showing the explosion at precisely 6:00 am with absolutely no reason for it to shatter. It would appear we are not the only people scratching our heads by what has happened to the canopy.

Lee

LeeCentral West, NSW

ARB side steps for BT50 2010.

I found this product to be substandard, it is seated far too high from the ground to be actually used as side steps, thus requiring an extra wide gait to be able to enter and exit the vehicle. When issue was brought to customer service attention, they claimed it was not a manufacturer's fault but a purchasers error. While it may not have a manufactured fault it clearly has a design fault, I find this issue is only with this model as all other ARB Mazda side steps sit below the door sill, as these perhaps should. After spending $1500 for this product I'm left with a dud car and an empty bank account.

Store LocationMudgee 4x4 and Camping
SP

SP

Yes.. Another exploding canopy glass

Store LocationARB dealership.. but not relevant as this appears to be a design issue.

Adam A

Adam ASydney, NSW

ARB canopy leaking

Store LocationARB St Peters.

leaneySouthern and Hills, SA

Expensive junk

Today, while Ute not in use, the rear glass of my ascent canopy exploded all over the footpath and road. I was in a shop buying my lunch. Some glass fell into the tub. Nobody was near the Ute fortunately. Now driving with plastic taped on until I can get this sorted.
Canopy initially leaked like a sieve until I siliconed and taped all joins.
Rear lock has stopped working three times so far. Servo’s and switches faulty.
This canopy cost a lot of money and so far I’ve had a problem every six months.

Disgruntled

DisgruntledCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

ascent canopy

paid top dollar to get the best available.First rain water in both sides between wheel arches and tailgate.window does not seal onto tailgate can see daylight .ARB Shepparton had me spend half a day while they checked it .They said we will try to chanange the seals and thats all we can do. Got a call today that they have the new seals but cant fit you in for 4 weeks. Maybe time for ombudsman. Goning away late July August. No recommendations here

Store LocationShepparton ARB

Sharyn

SharynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canopy

Locks won’t open with the key. Canopy less than 2 years old with lift up windows and I can not open one side or the back. Spoke to salesman who was not interested.

Store LocationBurleigh
Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Very poor service

I ordered a ARB bullbar in March 2019 and now 2 months later still waiting for delivery. What kind of business does not offer any progress on your order. Very poor service and won't buy from them again.

Store LocationCaravan and camping show
Jason G

Jason GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Just ARB, it's the Manufactures Errors

Same Glass in my Canopy from ISUZU, ARB have been good with most of their products. Back canopy window just exploded for no reason. So defiantly a problem with the manufacturing of the Glass. New Car 4yrs ago, 4hrs to clean.

Store LocationYamanto Isuzu

chris w

chris wMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ARB Tyre deflator Made in China !

I was led to believe I was buying an Aussie made product, even the salesman wasn't clear with me when I asked where was it made ? wasn't until i opened it up to find in the instructions it read: "tested and assembled in China using components manufactured in China for ARB" What a shame ! so disappointing..

Store LocationAdelaide

Tim

TimPerth, WA

ARB Ascent rear glass exploded.

My Ford Ranger was parked at front of work. The canopy rear window just exploded on its own, luckily no one was close by. The canopy is just on 4 years old.
I called ARB to insist the the glass must have been faulty for this to happen spontaneously, their response was that there must have been a chip in the glass and the explosion was a delayed reaction to the chip - I don't buy this!
I will now have to fork out $800 for a new window - not impressed ARB.
Tim.

Store LocationCanning Vale

Aaron

AaronGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Exploding rear canopy window. No responsibility taken. Going to fair trading. Safety issue

Window exploded out whilst sitting in driveway. Not unusual as it turns out. Buy from competition. Car was sitting in drive with noone near it. Nothing in back noone mowing near it and car has never towed nor been offroad. Shocked that I was initially ignored and then begrudgingly offered a paultry discount on a back window and no responsibility was declared. I have literally sold hundreds of Arb products over the last fifteen years at car dealerships. I will not recommend anymore. Very disappointed.

AdiePerth, WA

Really bad experience from ARB and Parkland Mazda

Store LocationParkland Mazda
DougH

DougHCobram

Ascent canopy opens all by itself

First micro switch failed a year and a half ago, had to open the rear canopy door with the key, now the micro switch has failed again but this time when I unlock all the doors the rear canopy door completely opens as well as unlocking, been waiting for a new micro switch, now not in warranty. Hope it fixes it. The rear door is hard to open also when the temperature is over 35.

Chris

ChrisPerth

Another exploding Ascent canopy rear window.

Our Ascent canopy is less than 6 months old and my wife went to open it and it just exploded. Luckily she was not badly hurt but the clean up took hours. It appears this is a recurring problem so why does ARB still sell them! Downright dangerous. To the stores credit their street sales service has been great.

Adam S

Adam SCoopers Plains

ARB Hilux hard lid and Tango range.

Chris Mansell

Chris MansellFisherman's bay

Artarmon arb charges more than quote

Charged extra 200 for their mistake. Quote to swap a ling range fuel tank, have way through job realised they couldnt do it then charged me for labour when they are the supposed experience who should have known

Dissapointed

DissapointedNewcastle

How bad is their delivery timing?

Have ordered our second Ascent canopy off ARB. The first one took forever and it seems like the second one will too (still waiting). Nice canopy but wow the timing of the delivery is terrible.

Keith2

Keith2Adelaide

ARB are a bunch of cowboys (sorry cowboys)

Brett

Brettasked

Anyone had any issues with battery going flat after having new ascent canopy fitted. My battery keeps going flat never had an issue until canopy was fitted. Had battery tested and nothing wrong with the battery anyone heard of this issue.

What vehicle?
My PX Ranger, new battery, has been going flat, in 2 days, if not driven every day.
Testing showed a 3 amp dead draw from the under dash fuse box. Unfortunately testing every item in that box failed to show any faults.
I do have a loud clicking sound from (possibly) the air con controls in the dash, which continues after the key is off and removed. It could be a faulty solenoid but not sure if that's the problem.
I've just completed an 8000km bush bash which has shaken the hell out of everything, AND, the battery is still good after 2+ days of no driving. Probably too much to hope the problem is fixed.
Good luck.

Leith R.

Leith R.asked

Hi all. I've got a 2018 BT50 4X4 which I'm really happy with. I looking to put an Ascent canopy on and am noticing, certainly here, that a lot of reviews are bad. The window issue seems pretty bad.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if ARB has addressed this issue, or at least acknowledged that it is indeed an issue?
Some reviews appear to be from some months ago, what's the latest? 14/7/19
Cheers

DougH

DougHasked

Hi My ARB canopy is hard to close on the rear passenger side, the catch needs to come forward but it already is as far forward as possible, been like this for ages, any ideas please

Get an answer from our members and ARB representatives

CategoryPhysical Shops and Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops