Ariston PK640RGHAUS

6 stars brilliant design on LPG. except

Date PurchasedMay 2018

My dream come true

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Poor Quality and worse Customer Service.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tootsie

Tootsieverdun

Very disappointed in the wok burner ,the flame failure is ridiculously long if it works at all very

I love Ariston products and have been using them for at least 20 years ,washing machines ,ovens and cooktops in various homes and investment properties, so I had no hesitation buying this. I was so impressed with the design for easy cleaning, the spacing between the hobs,the duo function wok burner. It is the wok burner flame failure I am concerned about ,the others are all fine . The wok burner takes an age and is so frustrating ,I am wondering if there is something wrong with mine,only bought it about 12 days ago and had it professionally installed on Tuesday ,called the gas fitter back and he said it is an Ariston feature.Well it's one I could do without ,it is so infuriating!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

John N.

John N.Sydney

Excellent design

Very happy with this purchase! The spacing and arrangement of the burners is very good. The design is nice and simple and easy to care for and clean. I love the simple racks design and the way they are hinged to lift up to clean. Flame control is very good especially for low simmering. Wonderful improvement on our old gas cooktop.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dale

Dale

Pretty much rubbish really

The gas burners do not work properly. The gas flickers, makes a lot of noise and goes out time and time again. The plumber said there was no problem with gas supply and the serviceman could not work out the problem. I am so disappointed. I suggest avoiding this product, I hope this helps people make a better decision.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

B2000Sydney

One of a few 65cm wide gas cooktop available amongst the many 60cm wide gas cooktops

Date PurchasedJan 2017

no.striding

no.stridingAU

Fantastic

I spent a lot of time looking at the different technical specifications of a lot of different stove tops. I did a comparison based on price vs heat output (in Mega Joules). This has the highest heat output for the price and we are so happy we made the purchase. For once we have a stove top which has enough heat to do a stir fry instead of stewing the meat. We also love the convenience of the design because we can have three pots at once which is handy when your cooking pasta or multiple dishes for a dinner party.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

DANGEROUS. this is a poorly designed cooktop.

Margaret Yates

Margaret Yatesx

Very good cooktop

Much quicker than an electric stove and although I have had to adjust my thinking in regards to using a gas cooktop, I am getting there and I am very happy with my choice.

SueW

SueWMelbourne

Not overly impressed.

Bought all Ariston appliances when renovating my kitchen based on the reviews and the 5 year warranty. Well laid out cooktop for use with more than one pot or pan. My star rating is based on the fact you cannot keep it clean. It water marks easily and always seems to have a lint presence. Would not buy Stainless Steel ever again. Should have known better when I bought this but thought might have been different based on the reviews. Service assistance from Ariston however was excellent as had a minor issue when first installed. Customer Service consultant was fantastic.

Pablo069

Pablo069

Great cook top, Easy to clean excellent features. 5 yera w/tee

Angela

AngelaSydney

5 years warranty

Bought it for an investment property because of the 5 years warranty from Harvey Norman.
Appears to be good quality.

Kiara_6

Kiara_6Townsville, Queensland

Love my new cooktop

Loving my new Ariston 4 burner gas cooktop. The iron frame lifts up for easy cleaning or you can take off completely. The burners are positioned apart for maximum use without overcrowding which means I can have my two largest pots on the cooktop at the same time. Flame failure is a huge safety feature.
2 large burners separated so I can use them both at the same time without over crowding the cooktop
The stainless top has already marked with a water stain after first use

Handy width and burner layout

I purchased this cooktop as part of a package from Harvey Norman about a month ago. What appealed was the width, at 650mm it is a little wider than the standard 600mm but still fits within the same bench cutout. The extra 5cm, as well as the 'cross' layout of the burners, makes it very easy to cook with multiple pots/pans at once. The wok burner is on the right-hand side, meaning it doesn't block the other burners when in use. The ignition works well and we like the extra safety of the flame failure cut-off. The cast-iron trivet is in two pieces and swings out of the way on hinges for cleaning.
Good layout, useful width (fits standard 600mm cutout), easy ignition. Good value.

Allan Rasked

Are you still using the cheap knobs the reviews talk about, or have they been improved now? Are minor blockages a problem for all of your new gas cooktops?

Claudia
Claudia

I have round flat cylinder knobs. Yes I am using them daily. They still feel lightweight rather than solid, I am used to it but cannot compare favourably for this aspect to other brands. I fo like the stove for all the reasons I said. I did not know there are new knobs. I searched a photo and the one I have looks more like the left on the two pictures shown on the Harvey Norman link. I would add that the stove surface is going to be harder to keep looking good over time than the Smeg one I had. I think it is the metal or the finish. My husband cleans it devotedly. When I clean it I give up. Its something about the surface.

Ariston PK640RGHAUS My search term that led me to Harvey Norman site

Allan R

Thanks for your reply. It seems that all gas cooktops have some problem or another!

marksan

marksanasked

b200 article talks of old 64 being replace with ariston 65 cm model- question: please advise old model's CUT OUT size - by bench in laminate&timer... width X depth thankyou

Anthony F.Ariston

The cutout for the PK640RGH AUS cooktop model is 555mm wide x 475mm deep.
Regards

Nicole S.asked

What size is it?

Nicole S.

What size is the cooktop.
Ariston PK640RGH

Hi Nicole,
This cooktop is 650mm wide, by 510mm deep. The full specs, including cut-out dimensions are available on our website. https://aristonbrand.com/inventory/gas-cooktop-pk640rgh/
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Ariston representatives