Ariston PK640RGH

Ariston PK640RGH

MPN: PK640RGHAUS
See the Best Gas Cooktops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ariston

3.6
Mark
MarkSydney, NSW

Love it!

Replaced a really basic cook top with this model and what a huge difference. Overall a lot better quality. Thick heavy trivets that provide a stable surface for my pots and pans and they can be easily lifted and propped up against my splash back making it very easy to clean. I like that the knobs can't be accidentally turned on like my previous cook top. Layout of the burners works well so I can have two large pans on at the same time.

Purchased in October 2021 at Harvey Norman.

Inherited Ariston cooktop - terrible

Moved into new house, with 7 year old appliances. Ariston cooktop is very slow to boil water, hard to clean, and spacing of burners makes fitting two large pots on at the same time difficult. Placing of small burner at middle back not that helpful as harder to see contents of small saucepans at the back. Can't wait to replace

Robyn PorterGoulburn Valley, VIC

Love it, looks great a very solid, safe cooktop. Ease of cleaning is 10 stars

Great cooktop Arisit are a great company to deal with excellent after sales service. I had a small issue, Replaced my cooktop with a complete new one, which l had not expected at all. Highly recommend .

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $999.00.

Substandard stovetop

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Kezza
KezzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

6 stars brilliant design on LPG. except

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Claudia
Claudia

My dream come true

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Poor Quality and worse Customer Service.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Tootsie
Tootsieverdun

Very disappointed in the wok burner ,the flame failure is ridiculously long if it works at all very

I love Ariston products and have been using them for at least 20 years ,washing machines ,ovens and cooktops in various homes and investment properties, so I had no hesitation buying this. I was so impressed with the design for easy cleaning, the spacing between the hobs,the duo function wok burner. It is the wok burner flame failure I am concerned about ,the others are all fine . The wok burner takes an age and is so frustrating ,I am wondering if there is something wrong with mine,only bought it about 12 days ago and had it professionally installed on Tuesday ,called the gas fitter back and he said it is an Ariston feature.Well it's one I could do without ,it is so infuriating!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

John N.
John N.Sydney

Excellent design

Very happy with this purchase! The spacing and arrangement of the burners is very good. The design is nice and simple and easy to care for and clean. I love the simple racks design and the way they are hinged to lift up to clean. Flame control is very good especially for low simmering. Wonderful improvement on our old gas cooktop.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dale
DaleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pretty much rubbish really

The gas burners do not work properly. The gas flickers, makes a lot of noise and goes out time and time again. The plumber said there was no problem with gas supply and the serviceman could not work out the problem. I am so disappointed. I suggest avoiding this product, I hope this helps people make a better decision.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
B2000Sydney

One of a few 65cm wide gas cooktop available amongst the many 60cm wide gas cooktops

Date PurchasedJan 2017

no.striding
no.stridingAU

Fantastic

I spent a lot of time looking at the different technical specifications of a lot of different stove tops. I did a comparison based on price vs heat output (in Mega Joules). This has the highest heat output for the price and we are so happy we made the purchase. For once we have a stove top which has enough heat to do a stir fry instead of stewing the meat. We also love the convenience of the design because we can have three pots at once which is handy when your cooking pasta or multiple dishes for a dinner party.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Find out how Ariston PK640RGH compares to other Gas Cooktops

DANGEROUS. this is a poorly designed cooktop.

Margaret Yates
Margaret Yatesx

Very good cooktop

Much quicker than an electric stove and although I have had to adjust my thinking in regards to using a gas cooktop, I am getting there and I am very happy with my choice.

SueW
SueWMelbourne

Not overly impressed.

Bought all Ariston appliances when renovating my kitchen based on the reviews and the 5 year warranty. Well laid out cooktop for use with more than one pot or pan. My star rating is based on the fact you cannot keep it clean. It water marks easily and always seems to have a lint presence. Would not buy Stainless Steel ever again. Should have known better when I bought this but thought might have been different based on the reviews. Service assistance from Ariston however was excellent as had a minor issue when first installed. Customer Service consultant was fantastic.

Chloe B.asked

How do I clean the black circle burner caps.
I have a few spots that I have tried cleaning in hot soapy water but they’re still there.
Thanks!

Robyn Porter

Hi Chloe, l have same problem, and l do same. Just wash in soapy water ASAP after you notice the stains let them soak a bit and They do fade a bit , Think as the caps are cast and not enamel, they do soak up more oil or cooking stains. Haven't had mine long enough to see if they get worse. But still love the cooktop :)

Chloe B.

Ahh thanks so much Robyn, ours are also faint but just wanted to prolong the staining as much as possible.

Pam H
Pam Hasked

What side under the cooktop is thegas connection? We require right rear corner conection.

Schae P.Ariston

Hi Pam,

Looking at the cooktop from the front, connection is on the rear right hand side.

Evadne
Evadneasked

I would like to know if this gas cook top will fit into the hole for my Westinghouse 129E series integra electric ceramic cooktop (dimensions 595mm wide x by 505mm deep. I have a granite cooktop and do not want any more cutting.

Hi Evadne,
The cooktop specifications and dimensions are available on the Ariston website for you to compare the installations. https://ariston.com.au/inventory/gas-cooktop-pk640rgh/
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Ariston representatives

Features

• This built-in gas cooktop is a permanent fixture to your residence after installation.
  • 4 gas burners are accommodated by a 65cm width, providing an ample number of burners for households with up to 4-5 people.
  • LPG gas and natural gas are both options for operating this cooktop, depending on whether you have access to a gas mains line in your local area.
  • Electronic ignition and a flame failure device help to ensure unseen gas doesn’t spread hazardously to the surrounding area.
  • Cast iron trivets are durable, however are also heavy and bulky when the time comes to remove them for cleaning, and for cleaning the stainless steel base surface.
  • A control panel positioned at the front of the cooktop makes it easier for children to access than a right-side panel, which can present a safety hazard.
  • The various heat levels offered by this gas cooktop are marked on the control panel in the form of printed labels. This printed form means the markings can possibly rub off or wear away over time.
CategoryGas Cooktops