Ashy Bines Transformation Centre

Ashy Bines Transformation Centre

Money Hungry and Poor Communication

I stopped going to the Transformation Centre maybe 7/8 months before my contract was set to run out. I called up and told them I wanted to cancel to which they told me I had to wait until my contract expiry. I respected the terms and conditions of my contract and continued to pay fees for a membership I didn't use for the remainder of my lock-in contract. I also asked that they cancel my subscription at the end of the 12 months to which they agreed. 10 weeks after my contract was supposed to expire I am still having fees automatically withdrawn from my account. When I contacted the support team they told me that I was supposed to jump through a million hoops to cancel my subscription and they will not refund me the fees they took from my account outside of the contracted period (Almost $250)... Clearly there is a lack of communication between administrative staff because whoever I spoke to about cancelling my subscription last year never informed me of the official cancellation process. If you are going to go with this gym GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING so they can't screw you over like they have me.

In terms of the gym itself, I think it has some decent classes and facilities. I really loved some of the boxing classes with Brooke but found they were the only ones that pushed me and they weren't always offered at times I could make. For anyone with an advanced level of fitness you'll find better value elsewhere.

Scammers and Thieves

Beware, if you buy a ticket to their show. You will automatically be subscribe to a monthly fee. Its hidden in the lengthy terms and condition. Good luck getting your money back if you fallen for this scam.

Classes are great

I love the classes, I just wish there was a membership option of 3 classes per week or sign up for 6 months not 12.

Hi Kristie, Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback. Have you expressed your request to the management at the TC? If we hear this feedback from a number of clients perhaps it is an option that we can bring in. However, our current packages reflect the current demand for package commitments. I am so glad to hear that you are loving the classes. We have some amazing trainers at the centre and we are very lucky to have them. Cait - ABTC Team

My happy place !

My son was 6 weeks old I joined the TC for a "6 week summer shred" in October 2014 with trepidation for what it was all about and whether I'd stick to it. From the first week I was hooked. The classes were (and are still) awesome & different to any other gym class I've experienced. The supportive culture within the girls is a beautiful thing and the trainers particluarly Nick, Jade and Mieke are amazing and come with so much knowledge and ability to push you to your limit physically and educate you in your journey to health and well being. This has changed the way I look at exercise and nutrition. Almost two years on I'm still learning and loving it and even though I've moved further away I still make it my mission to get there .. even with two toddlers in tow which is no easy task either ! Thank you Ashy, Levi and your amazing team for all you do xx

Hi Sharyn, Thank you for taking the time to review. I am so pleased to read how much you are loving the centre. Cait - ABTC Team

One of the Best

I have only just begun my journey at the TC, but it truly is the best gym I've been to. It's unlike an average gym, it's true to its name, created to help you transform your body, life etc. There is a huge selection of classes, and the classes aren't too big that the trainer can't help you with your technique. The classes are always dynamic and interesting, with a quality selection of equipment to choose from. The trainer support and encouragement is great. The TC team, are all lovely, helpful and professional people. I'm excited to continue the journey with them!

Hi Mandy, We really appreciate you taking the time to review the Transformation Centre. We are very proud of the centre and we are so pleased to read how much you are loving it and we are glad that you chose us to guide you on your health and fitness journey. Cait - ABBBC Team

Good

Programs and facilities are excellent.

A smile and acknowledgement from reception staff when entering and leaving is the only area of improvement. Still feel incredibly uncomfortable and like I am bothering them if I need to ask question - and I've been going there for almost 12 months now.

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for taking the time to review. I will pass on your feedback to our gym manager, all feedback is important to us. I am pleased that you are loving the centre otherwise and hope that you continue to work on your health and fitness goals with the help of our team. Cait - ABTC Team

Love it! Its the only gym I have enjoyed going to!

Love the transformation centre! Its the best gym I have been to, I love going! So many classes to choose from. The trainers are all so lovely and helpful. Love it!

No place like the TC

The TC is everything I was looking for in gym I do miss the old packages and the programs with the seminars were amazing they helped me I found I benefited from the most. ashy is great and thank you for opening the centre with belts and tracking if you had not have I would probably be the same person on the couch and fat sorry just honest thank you for changing my life

Love this Place

I have just completed my first 12 weeks at the transformation centre and truly love everything about it. It's a wonderful atmosphere with excellent trainers. It really is a transformation centre, not a gym.

**The Worst Gym I have ever been to*** Be Warned!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to join this gym as it was an all female gym, and thought that that would make it a less judgmental environment. Well I was certainly wrong about that! I only ended up going twise...
Very pushy and persistent to get you to sign up, and once you do, that's all your'll hear from them.
The girls that work there are unhelpful, negative and rude and make you feel so unwelcome.
No one will show you how to use the equipment - only told to 'download the app' - which is terrible FYI.
The one class that I did attend. was way over booked and we had to be paired up to use the equipment, so it meant your work out time is cut in half as you wait for your partner to finish their set each time.
The teacher for the class, is even more inattentive to keep you motivated than the girl on the desk who glued to Facebook.
All in all its a money grabbing establishment, that prays on girls insecurities!
Please don't waste you time or money!

tc...transformation....no better title needed

its the entire experience.... great personal trainers, great equipment, forever changing training sessions to keep up with all of our thousands and thousands of requests, but overall its the invaluable information, teaching and great community that holds the tc way above the rest.

Female fusion

Room for improvement. Bikes have broken seats and broken monitors boxing gloves stink, pads are ripped, trainers awesome, accounts department dreadful, the women that go keep me coming back each day

Great gym for ladies

Joined the TC recently and loving the variety of classes. Great trainers and facilities.
Would be great to add yoga/stretching classes to the timetable.

Its great...but

Hi
I joined with group of family and we all happy except we've noticed a decline in the state of cleanliness. As a cleaner i notice these things - major dust build up on equipment and scum build up around bathroom taps...
If you need cleaner ☺ we could have that all fixed asap

Terrible

I signed up to ABBBC and I really regret it. The catch to getting the body challenge for "free" was to sign up to AB transformation centre. I had issues with communicating with costumer service from the beginning from both TC and ABBBC. Calls straight to voicemail and emails never returned. Issues with the body challenge website platform which made it difficult to follow the program. Also time consuming and information overload when trying to follow online ABBBC. When I finally got a hold of them I was told they couldn't help me. When I wanted to cancel they still charged me for two weeks notice and didn't seem to care much about costumer dissatisfaction. If you're looking for a friendlier and more personalised program this is definitely not it.

Thank you for taking the time to review. My understanding from your review is that you signed up to a promotion that we ran a few months ago. I believe it may have been a $12.95 a week package with ABBBC online added for free to use at your visits to the Transformation Centre. This would of course mean that you would have to join our centre in order to receive the product for free. It is in no way intended to be a catch. It is an incentive. ABBBC online is an intensive program that yes provides you with a lot of information. We pride ourselves on this. This program is designed to get results if you commit to it. We do have other options at the centre that provide face to face support while you are at the centre. However as I am sure you can appreciate these also come with a higher price point. I will happily investigate your inability to contact us during your time at the centre. Did you ever attempt to discuss your concerns with the girls on the reception desk? If you would like for me to investigate this for you, please email the details of your attempts to contact us to cait@abbbc.com.au and I will be happy to do so.

Motivational place

I am really enjoying my experience since joining Ashy Bines Gym. The facilities are amazing, always clean and tidy. I have been particularly impressed with Soffia. She always speaks to me and asks how I am going. She is the only staff member who takes the time to speak with me. All the other girls at reception greet you with a smile and a "hello" but that is as far as it goes. They don't try and see where I am up too or offer assistance. Soffia is the most valuable staff member you have on your team as far as I am concerned. she makes me feel valued as a customer of the gym. I think your other female reception girls need to be much more friendly and offer more.

Amazing gym, great facilities!

I love the Transformation Centre! I would say that the girls on the desk need to be a lot more approachable and welcoming. More often than not I am outright ignored when coming to or leaving the gym. Soffia is an absolute delight, always going out of her way to say hello and ask how you're going, but unfortunately the other girls definitely let the team down.

I'm sure there is no other out there like this one!

Ashy Bines Transformation Centre has been the best investment I've ever made in my health and well being. The staff, every last one of them, are friendly, supportive, professional and really know their stuff. The all-female environment makes me feel very safe, and all the girls support each other. When you walk in, you really feel like you're surrounded by friends. No fully-made-up posers in lycra here!!! Shape, size and weight don't really seem to be issues here. What's important here is fitness, health and nutrition. Personal messages from the personal trainers of support and advice, along with the online support forum, Ashy's videos, meal plans and recipes to suit your lifestyle, are what keep you going when you're having the inevitable bad day. Quite simply, I've never come across a gym like it. Well worth the weekly investment in my health, fitness and happiness journey! Sonia Brewer - Carrara - Gold Coast.

Love ashy bines transformation centre!

Ashy bines transformation centre is an amazing place! it has a great environment and lovely trainers and staff! I'm very glad I found this place!

Love love love!

I have tried so many gyms, but ABTC is the best! Everything a girl could need - amazing atmosphere, classes, trainers, equipment! I love that the classes are always different & fun... I never feel bored.