Asko Appliances

Asko Appliances

Asko wont honour Warranty, poor Customer Service.

Purchased an ASKO oven 3 years ago with 5 year Warranty. On installation by Asko it was replaced due too noise in oven. Replacement again installed by ASKO within a week or so. this replacement has had warranty repairs for temperature control and fan unit 3 times over last 3 years. On 24th April whilst cooking in oven the heat safety glass of oven door exploded spreading glass fragments onto Kitchen floor and through out oven workings. Despite numerous contacts with ASKO customer service and National Sales Manager as well as Local Rep and Distributor sales, Asko have supplied a new glass for myself to fit. No consideration as to the oven being fit for service due to the glass dust in workings of oven. Despite promises of keeping in touch on this matter, no communications have taken place from them for the last fortnight no one returns calls to messages left. This matter has now been placed in hands of Dept Fair Trade Qld due to frustration of making no attempt of a service person to review our situation. Very Poor service from a supposedly Top Appliance Company.
Frustrated Customer Queensland

Asko dryer after service is bad!

Bought an Asko dryer and a small plastic handle part breaks within weeks and still trying to get a replacement which is taking months to mail for some reason they mailed it twice & their courier won’t get back to me even with Consumer Affairs trying to help - very disappointed! Wouldn’t buy Asko again. Stuck with their washer too.

Overpriced rubbish

I bought a cooktop which is only 2 years old. Experience two issues already. A technician came to disable the sparkling element which cause the problem and promise to order a replacement. It is 3 months now and nothing was heard. Call the service line and never get connected. Extremely poor quality product and service. It fails from hardware to software all the way through

Worst washing machine ever!

Just over two years old and has been nothing but trouble. Extremely temperamental to use, door doesn’t close properly, constantly has water outlet faults causing floods and requiring manual drainage.

Unreliable. Breaks down constantly. Poor service response.

Hyper-sensitive and needs constant servicing. Service delivery slow and weeks long. It usually takes three weeks to resolve an issue. Strongly advise not to purchase. Expensive for what it is

Avoid Asko Appliances, worst customer service and support

Asko Applicanes who had their own brand, but also go under the Gornje brand too.
Have a Gornje washing machine and its had nothing but issues and its only 6 months old. Asko appliance support centre are rude, blame issues on things that are not relevant to the fault of the machine. i.e. led lighting caused the washing machine control to have an electrical squealing noise but funny thing is there is no led lighting in the apartment. Then my washing mashing is leaking from the bottom and the say too much laundry powder is the cause, but however i use high efficancy laundry liquid so they love to lie and make up excuses for every fault.

Onto a 3rd repair now to have the machine fixed again for the water leaking from the bottom when last week they service guy did nothing to fix it as i did not see a leak and only looked at it for 15 minutes and he did not put the machine back together again properly so not only it stills leaks it control knob pops off when you use it and the power despenser no longer goes all the way in.

So waiting on a 3rd repair now within 6 months with bad service to boot.
Avoid this company and its subditary company names (Asko, Asko appliances, Gornje etc) Its all the same bad company and poor service and rude call centres.

Terrible Customer Service

I have current model of the ASKO D5544 dishwasher which has stopped functioning. When I contacted the customer service team to obtain the product specification so that I can organise a replacement, they provided the incorrect manual TWICE. There was a delay in finally giving me the correct product information. When I insisted that they guide me to the correct page so that I got the specs - initial response was "look yourself". I am absolutely appalled by the service and response especially given the product is expensive. Rest assured that I will be most certainly NOT be replacing my dishwasher with another ASKO product. SHOCKING.

Terrible repair service

5 month old washing machine reading code errors and flooding. Waited a week for repair technician, he cant find the water leakage but replaced the control board. Made a big fuss and complaining about what a big job it was, even though he stated there was no way it could have been our fault. 5 minutes after he leaves, insisting all problems are solved, I tried to start a load of washing only for a new error code to appear. One that's not even in the manual so I cant even attempt to troubleshoot it. Now forced to wait another week for a service technician to return.

Overpriced glitsy rubbish

Most of the reviews on this site appear to be about dishwashers and laundry appliances. My story is about a very expensive Induction/gas cooktop.

I renovated our old style kitchen to a modern sleek style and chose the ASKO HIG1944MF Induction cook-top with LPG gas WOK burner. (I am an avid fan of wok cooking). I purchased the unit based upon the ASKO advertising stating the superior performance of the Gas burner and that it had exactly the same performance as the Natural gas burner. NOT TRUE. (ASKO later claimed that the Australian gas authority had insisted they reduce the heat output because it was an all glass cook-top... then the advertising should have stated that)

The first issue I observed was that the gas burner could not even hold a pan of water at boiling point and it took more than twice as long to get the water to near boiling as Practical science would calculate. The second issue was that the flame would go out if I opened the cupboard door below the cook-top. Both of these issues led me to believe that the burner was not performing correctly and so I lodged a technical issue. The first technician to arrive has no knowledge of the unit and had no credentials on Gas installations. (Strike 1). The next technician was an independent and extremely thorough although he could not identify any reason for the issue except the possible fault of the design or unit. (Strike 2)
ASKO became aware that the unit was flush mounted in the bench-top and claimed this was the problem and that I was at fault for installing it against their instructions. (The instructions are like IKEA furniture and made no mention of the surface mounting constraints). Even after taking the unit out of the flush mount and placing it atop the bench as per their new statement, the unit still showed exactly the same issues.
During lengthy email negotiations with ASKO, they continued to deny there could be a design fault or faulty unit and even had a chef criticise my cooking methods for a particular dish that I videoed demonstrating the problems. I asked for a replacement, they refused and only offered a refund ($5999, the Ferrari of cook-tops). When I asked for compensation to have a kitchen contractor replace their unit with another manufacturers product they refused.. Incidentally, no other product would fit the hole in the bench-top without modifications.
I reached out to the Office of fair trading who after discussions with ASKO listened to their lies and decided there was nothing I could do. (Strike 3)
So ASKO are out! I finally got my refund but was left with a rotten taste.

NB. The styling of the unit was superior to any others on the market and we loved it, if only it didn't have a problem we would have been delighted to keep it. As for the value for money, not sure on that as the replacement we installed (Franke) has EXACTLY the same induction unit strapped underneath from some Chinese mass-production facility.

Buyer beware, get solid recommendations from users before purchasing from overstated advertising.

Bad experience buying and dealing with Asko

I Purchased an Asko model D5424 dishwasher from the Good Guys 3 years ago and had nothing but problems, in which it was replaced under warranty. I rang last week to report of an F12 fault code and wished to speak to some one in the technical department. I explained that the the code had not been incorrect as it was filling properly and was told to turn off the power reset the controller. This did not fix the problem and i was told as its out of warranty and to ring for a service engineer to come out and take a look. i wished to speak to some one technical as i was myself a service technician and would like to check the diagnostics of the programmer to see if it could be reset before calling out the local Asko service agent as i had previously had a bad experience with them during the warranty call outs. I was then told i was not allowed any technical information whatsoever and i would have to call the Local guy out. I was charged $120.00 by the local electrician for a call out, after arriving he rang Asko for help and was told to re set the controller by pressing 2 buttons and left.
Surely they could have gave me the same information and saved a call out fee. After speaking to the service department i have ascertained that as soon as their products are out of warranty they just didn’t want to help and couldn’t get rid of me quick enough. I have had contact with many manufacturers of electrical goods and such as Apple and always they run through basic diagnostics to save a call out. Also as a licensed service technician for many Electrical and gas appliances in Australia but they advised me that i was to incompetent to press a reset button.

Buy a Bosch

Terrible company service

My 5 year old washing machine doesn’t work.
Can’t get the service department to fix it as they have incorrectly marked me as a non payer. The part was incorrect so not fixed so not paid it’s an error.
Not good enough 4 weeks with out my washing machine in this day and age

Stay away from Asko

We renovated our house 7/8 years ago. During the renovation I purchased the following Asko appliances: two pyrolytic ovens, an induction cooktop, dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer. Out of the six appliances, I am left with three - the cooktop and the ovens. The other appliances all broke down within five years and I have replaced them with different brands. This week I am about to replace the ovens (that cost approximately $3500 each) and I am not happy about it.

The ovens have been nothing but trouble. These are the problems I have had:
* Technicians have been out to fix the heating elements on both ovens in the past couple of years at a considerable cost.
* A screw fell from the back panel and has completely disappeared causing the back panel to fall down whenever the door is opened. I need to place baking trays against it to hold it in place.
* The pyrolytic glass door on one oven has cracked and a piece of glass in the corner has fallen off. It will cost approximately $500 for a new piece of glass.
* While cooking dinner last night the fascia panel covering the electronic controls fell off. Who knows how much that will cost to fix.
* The pyrolytic cleaning function leaves the racks and rails rusty.

I really thought Asko was a reputable brand. I will never again purchase an Asko product and have been warning friends and family to stay away from them. Do not ever purchase an Asko appliance.

Terrible

I purchased a washing machine. 3 times the price of my Bosch (which I have given to my son, and it has never missed a beat, 7 years and still going strong, cost quarter of the price !!) and I am having to wait a week for my second service call on the famous Asko. Would not recommend these machines. Shocking customer service.

DO NOT BUY ASKO

This is our second washing machine that we purchased with ASKO in less then 5 years.
Absolute lemons . DO not purchase these as they are shocking and fail. Customer service is shocking and useless.

3mo warranty on $500+ repair. dead again in 8mo

Asko front loading washing machine motor died after 8yrs. Paid $520 for new motor and it has now died 8mo later. Only 3mo warranty. Need to pay another couple of hundred dollars just to have them look at it. Customer Service couldn't care less.
Don't think I want to throw another $500+ down the drain. Time for a Bosch.

Service when it breaks down is shocking

Total runaround trying to organise a service tech to fix dishwasher. Tried online, doesn't work if it is extended - Called, placed on hold for ages,transferred multiple times! Missed their call back, then had to go through it all again - been on hold this time for 30 minutes!

Asko Dishwasher

We have had our Asko dishwasher for 7 months, washer became faulty, first contact with Asko was worst service ever received unhelpful, rude, we had to prove how we purchased the product. Finally service person arrived, stood at my door didn't say hello, he repaired the washer and left saying that he if got a parking ticket he would pass it on to me. Next day the washer is broken again. We are sorry we purchased this product, we will probably buy a new washer rather than deal with this company or their people again. I am sure the company has a terrible culture since everyone employed there has the same attitude.

Terrible service

I had been happy with my dishwasher until it broke down. I have spent so much time trying to organise a service person to come out and try to fix it. I have never been mucked around so much by any company. Still waiting for a return call 3 days after initial call. This is my first Asko product and I will never buy another one again if this is how difficult it will be to del with the company.

ASKO is so slow with fixing a problem

My 11 month ASKO front loader washing machine died on me on 1st Dec 2018. Have had someone look at it 6 times. After jumping up and down and complaining I received a NEW machine on 22 Feb 2019. I have spent a lot of $$ at a Laundromat for the past 2.5 months. I don't think I would purchase another ASKO. I may buy a $600 machine instead of a $1600 next time

High price, low durability, terrible service, no support

My Asko D5434 machine broke down one week after the warranty expired with a mysterious F12 error (planned obsolescence?). The badly written handbook implied this was a problem with the water supply - it's not... it's a faulty circuit board.

Stuff happens as they say, so I used the asko website to log a service call - I got redirected to an HTTP 404 error. I called the Asko Service line and while on hold for five minutes heard a lot of comforting information about a nationwide network of repairers that provide 24/7 support. The Asko support rep reported that they couldn't service my area but after getting snippy suggested there was a repairer in my area.

I called that repairer.... they only do warranty repairs... sounds like they'd been burned in the past. So if you're in the market for a non-functioning Asko Dishwasher that no-one will repair please call me.

The

I have just tried to get my washing machine let me choose a program and it will not allow me, with either buttons or knob. I have turned it off in frustration. Has anyone experienced this, also?

I have a 12-year-old Asko dishwasher which has done OK till now (though I had to get the outlet hose and the motor replaced about 5 years ago). Now it is leaving food on plates etc. and water is not getting hot, so not drying at end of cycle. Have been told I need a service, however a plumber said he thinks it's not worth fixing at this age. Is he right?
Assuming you use about once per day, I'd say 10 years would be a reasonable expectant and 12 years is pretty good... . I also found this; http://homeguides.sfgate.com/long-should-dishwasher-last-average-91045.htmlHi I've got a Miele standard dishwasher G664 & its still going & its 16yrs old!! - only had 1 service call & that was because the swivel arm was blocked & I didn't know to check it before calling for service. A service repairman was booked & called within 4 days to fix the problem so I would say buy a Miele - think the basic entry model today is about $1200 ?? but well worth the moneyThanks very much Grant and happy customer. I since heard the prob is probably the thermostat but have decided to put it into retirement as theres only one of me and I like hands on.

Hi i purchased a dryer this year but the sponge in the condenser section has all broken up. Do you know if i can and where to purchase a new one or is it safe to use dryer without it? Cheers lynne
I am sorry but I don't know. Good luck Fiona