Audi A1

To all people with lemons for A1s

I have had an Ambition s-tronic turbo since 2012 and love it. Never any issues and it looks great. But this is not about me: it is all those who have been sold the limited lemon range. It is time you demanded your legal rights under the australian consumer Law. That means, ignore the manufacturer’s warranty limitations and demand satisfaction. You have statutory rights that cannot be denied, including reasonable quality (including on 2nd hand vehicles) and fitness for purpose. Also do not let the dealer palm you off and say you need to contact the manufacturer direct. Not true. Also don’t believe them when they say anything over $40000 not covered. Not true either. BTW too, the law covers services, not just goods.

Purchased in May 2012 at Audi Dealers for $29,000.00.

Noise Level
Fuel Efficiency
Design
Features
Comfort

Love my little buzz box!

I do min 700km a week in my A1. It is great on fuel, super zippy and very stylish. I not only use it on tarred roads but also on dirt roads and it performs perfectly. It has nearly 100,000kms on it and I havent had a single problem with it yet.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Audi A1 Sold the Audi @ 3yrs

I am the lady who wrote the review with the heading 'Thinking about buying an Audi run in the opposite direction.
Well as soon as the Audi came out of warranty I sold it. The car was totally untrustworthy and the service centre were frustrated by my calls.
An e.g. of the cars performance is one time my son was taken by ambulance to hospital. I got a phone call and drove to the hospital and reversed parked in a car spot on an incline... all good. However when I put the car in drive to straighten up in the car spot the car went backwards. The car would not drive forwards and yes there was a car behind me. I missed it by cm's. So while the orthopedic surgeon explained my son's emergency surgery all I could think of was how the he'll I was going to get my car off the hill without hotting the car behind me. Then months later much to my horror the Audi mechanic ( he was in my car cause my car started a banging sound on the way to work so I drove to Audi freaking out) told me that if the main computer goes the injectors don't work properly as a result. So when the main computer stopped they knew the injector would go but did not fix them at the same time. They waited till they broke on me while I was driving which was 2 days after I picked up the car after they replaced the main car computer. The car was rolling back in drive because fuel was not getting through the injectors. I just looked at him and said wow. By this stage my husband started driving my car because I was to scared.
It was a nightmare car and dangerous. The service centre was unhelpful they didnt return phone calls, and kept saying we dont know, we are doing our best but we are busy. The service manager was missing everytime i called and never called me back. The girl i spoke to all the time was nice but could not do anything. I asked for anyone in authority to call me and never heard back. You dont want to upset them incase they make you wait longer for the car. One time when I called (so may calls) but this one time I asked how long it would take for them to fix my car and i needed a hire car the lady said ' I don't know we have had 5 cars come in on the back of tow trucks this week your car will be looked at when we look at It.' You see the issue is that the Audi service centre cannot authorise a hire car until the service centre diagnose the problem! So if they take 4 days or a week to diagnose the problem well that's too bad for you. Well this is what the service centre told me.
I ended up selling my 3 year old Audi for $11000... lol.... because I did not feel right selling it privately! At least the 2nd hand dealer will sell it with warranty. I lost so much money not to mention i will never ever buy an audi again. The day I traded the good for nothing car the engine light came on and lucky for me went back out again.
Omg if I cud express to you how stressful it was owning an Audi..... In the end I was worried about driving on the highway In case it broke down.
The other issue is that I got a flat tyre twice and you cannot tell when you drive it that you are driving on a flat tyre so you ruin your tyre. The lady at the service centre told me one time my tyre was flat. Btw there r only 2 tyres in Australia that you can buy to suit the Audi 1 both being $260 per tyre! Recently I was at my son's school and this guy had an Audi 1 and I checked out his tyres and told him ur front left tyre is flat. He didn't believe me so I showed him and he said he could not feel it and I said yep it happened to me 2 times in 3 yrs. I told him btw u have ruined ur tyre because u have been driving on it for too long and he agreed.
On a positive note I had the diesel and the fuel economy was amazing and when the car was going it gripped the road and the drive was nice. Unfortunately i wud never buy another and have gone back to a Japanese car because I have worked out the hard way that reliability is the most important thing in a car.
Having said all this some ppl seem really happy with their audi's... maybe I just got a lemon. As a general rule I don't like writing bad reviews however I think that ppl should be warned and I don't think manufacturers should be allowed to sell lemons like mine.

Engine Size1.6L Turbo
Date PurchasedApr 2015

Amazing car. Brilliant showroom.

After owning a number of VW Golfs and two Audi A3's, I realised that I never use the rear seats. So when I went shopping for my current new car, I decided I would buy a two door car and spend a little extra on nice things like leather seats and a sunroof.

After shopping around with Mercedes, BMW, Renault, Volvo, and Infiniti, I decided to buy an Audi A1.

I found a pre-owned Audi A1 at Audi Centre Gold Coast. It was perfect for me. It had only two doors but had four seats, decent size boot space, and all the premium features I wanted. The A1 Ambition Competition Pack vehicle had upgrades including sport seats, branded floor mats, six speed manual transmission, air conditioning, power windows, power everything, cruise control, 10 speaker sound system, Bluetooth audio and phone, SD card slots, MMI/iPhone cable, factory upgraded interior, sports exhaust, big wheels, low profile tyres, low KLMs, as-new inside and out, tinted windows, and more. It recently passed the Audi Inspection Programme and had a full Audi-original service history.

It even had the bonus feature I was looking for - a huge sunroof.

The showroom team at Audi Centre Gold Coast were awesome. Even when debating the price, they did what they could to answer every question and overcome every objection.

Even though it was the perfect car for me, the price was out of control - way too much money.
After several visits and negotiations, I walked away for a few days to consider my budget.

As it happened, I walked back in on the very last day of the Audi Super Sale, a few hours before closing time, and was told that if I signed on the dotted line today, I'd get a jaw-dropping discount. So, before signing, I found out the final price. Yes, it was a big discount over the showroom sticker price - enough to buy a lesser-brand used car.

Now that I've driven the car for a year, it still looks and smells like new, even though it's a few years old. Other people have been shocked to find out it was a used car - it really presents like new.

The Audi A1 Ambition Competition Pack in two door form is no longer sold in Australia: you can only get it in the five door version, which is probably more practical for most people. As I drive alone 99% of the time, two doors are plenty for my goldfish and I.

Drop in on the team at Audi Centre Gold Coast and step in to a great new or used car, whether it's an Audi, or one of their line of premium brands, from Hyundai, all the way up to Ferrari, all on the same street, at Frizelle Sunshine Automotive Group, Southport, Gold Coast.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great small car

Car is extremely reliable and ongoing costs (insurance, fuel, etc) are low, Audi first party services are very expensive - go to ultra tune or another independent mechanic who can provide a logbook service for less than half of the cost of Audi. Car drives like a dream, handles well and uses stuff all fuel. Minimal leg room in the rear.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great Car

Got this car a couple years ago, it drives and steers amazingly smoothly no surprise coming from a reputable brand like Audi! It's a great small car, easy to park and has an INCREDIBLE sound system. There's also parking sensors if you need them. It also comes with the stop/start feature if you wanted to save a bit of fuel as well!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Could not be happier

Bought in FEB 2015.white with black roof
Couldn't be happier , have not had any mechanical issues in three years, has been driven constantly in that time. Audi Artarmon have been professional and helpful each service we've had.Had only one issue with the air con filter which was resolved quickly. Down side for me is it is front wheel drive , has dark roof interior which feels a little crowding initially but passes with time.It's responsive, fuel efficient and fun to drive and I love driving it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

So in love with my great little stunner

I am not much into cars, before buying the baby I have never test driven a new car, because they basically feel all the same to me. But my Audi totally changed everything. It is a great little, zippy, sexy car! It is a dream to drive! Only downside for me is the lack of Apple CarePlay

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Audi A! - Chic City Car

The Audi A1 has power and ease. Turning, reversing and parking are simple. Brakes are responsive. Both the Automatic and the Manual have great pickup when passing another car. The interior package with individual Heating/Cooling keeps us both happy. The Internet features are easy to see and easy to use.

Line1.2 TFSI
Engine Size1.2L Turbo
Date PurchasedNov 2017

very good

very cute outlook, saves petrol! if you don't have enough budget to buy a brand car but still thinking to get something started with, the A1 is the best choice. With small cars, the are easy to park and this car is suitable with ladies as it is easy drive.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Awesome car!

I'll start with the bad. This car is steer by wire. Which means steering this thing is effortless especially at low speed like parking it. Why is this bad? When you drive a normal car after getting out of the A1 they feel like they don't have power steering and although the other car is new, it feels like an ancient car lol.

I've owned far more expensive cars than this and I can't believe how much tech is packed into this car for half what I paid for previously.
I get 700-800kms per full tank of 98 and 600km if I'm driving hard. 0-100 in about 6.8 seconds using manual shifting in dynamic mode. Double tap the paddle near the end of first.

What I love about this car: It fits my two young kids perfectly in the rear and they love it. Why? They can actually see outside the car and see what's going on outside so rarely look at their iPads. I am not going to pay extra 30k so adults have enough space in the rear cause they're bludgers anyway. Cruise control is standard, different driving modes....but what I love the most is the sequential gearbox and engine combination. The short ratio gearing and small powerful engine makes power delivery to the road awesome as a daily driver. One tip, don't drive it like you would a normal automatic. Think of it as a computerised manual so it has a clutch not a torque convertor so you have to drive it like a manual. Hill assist is awesome and the clean and elegant interior is the same as the more expensive models.

Also parking is awesome in this car. Cause it's so small when you park next to people they have plenty of room to open their doors without scratching your paintwork. I usually park next to a kerb in shopping malls to give the next car plenty of room to swing their door wide open and it still won't touch the A1. See a small gap? Yep you can fit lol.

I also got free servicing for 3 years and when I say free, I mean free. Audi even fixed up a scratch on my door that I couldn't buff out free of charge. I get a free courtesy car (A4,Q3,Q5,A5 etc) to take when my car is in for its service and they clean the car as part of the service.

Gear shifts are snappy and 9 times out of 10 people can't keep up with me when they try to cut me off because the car is so light coupled with its sequential gearbox and engine it's pretty hard to find anything that will keep up in that price bracket. KIAs, Toyotas, 4 banger mustangs, mini coopers, even Ralliart Mitsubishis have fallen victim to the dust of the A1 1.4 TFSI sports back,

When the car is waxed it glistens in the sun and the LED headlamps are a nice touch.

I had the option of a S3 or the A1 and the only difference between the two was 20cm of space in the rear, speed, an automatic pop up media screen and the ability to control the driving mode from the steering wheel. All the other tech was exactly the same for $30,000 less. Audi didn't cheap out on this car, they basically tried to pack as much Audi tech into the small confined space. I can also fit luggage in the rear for three passengers cause of the fake floor so I usually leave the parcel tray at home.

Oh and don't worry about oil consumption. With the new engines, they loosen them up to reduce friction to make them fuel efficient (5.6l/100). When I'm on the highway it has the same fuel cut off system as the 300c 5.7 hemis. It shuts off fuel to two cylinders when it's cruising so on the highway on a straight at 100km you're using 1.9l/100 and that's in a turbo with a 7 speed, short ratio geared paddle shift gearbox. The side effect of loose engine is oil consumption so I top up a litre of oil between services which is perfectly normal. What I spend on oil I save in fuel so it's a win win.

If you're considering an A1 as an A to B car you won't get any better than the A1. Be careful of the S1 as it has no spare wheel cause thy had to get Quattro into it and suspension is probably a bit hard. S1 is Definitely a good car if you're a speedster though. Can't speak for the 1.0 litre A1s but the 1.4 A1 is basically the same power if not faster than the 1990s+ golden year hatch back turbos. Remember these engines are direct injection turbos which Audi pioneered in 2012 for mass production. These new engines are not the same as the older Audi's and you can tell by just looking at the size and 0-100 times when comparing models.

Id recommend spending 30k on an A1 over any Japanese import in that price bracket. Hell I had a 2010 lancer that cost me 27k that had nothing on this 2016 A1 1.4 Turbo.

If you want a good deal on any Audi speak to Adam Heselton and tell him John Mc with the A1 sent you. When you have the cash or are ready to buy he won't waste your time and he'll tailor the car to meet your needs. You'll have free reign to take any car you're considering home to ensure that money you're about to drop on it is money well spent. He didn't waste any of my time and said very little cause he was paying more attention to what I wanted. You'll find him at the Gold Coast branch where I think he is the sales manager and I'm telling you, this guy will listen to you to make sure you get what you want and most times know what you want before you even say it. He won't push you in any direction cause he's all about the service.

I dressed like a bum and they still treated me like royalty

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Thinking of buying an Audi A1:@ Run in the opposite direction

As i sit on my couch drinking wine tonight... I ponder? Is having the four rings on the front of my car worth the stress. So the main engine computer in my Audi failed today... Yes the computer said no and Ooops there is no stock in Australia..... they just need to get it from Germany. ETA- "i don't know" hmmmm "maybe 2 weeks" They don't know if they can give me a relacement car, they will call me in the morning about that one.
I had to call the service centre 3 times today to get some information on what the hell is wrong with a one year old car. The technitions are busy.... Too busy to talk to me!
The secretary spoke to me who said "i don't know" 50 times then announced she had been at Audi 2 weeks. She seemed suprised wen i got agitated.
Piece of advice - if u have a life and don't have a spare car in your garage to drive wen your Audi is offroad due to engine/computer/gearbox etc etc (the list is endless) problems.... DON'T BUY AN AUDI.
The 4 circles means - infinity - endless trips to the service centre!
Germany engineering = i think i would have more luck looking underneath the bonnet of my son hot wheels cars.
Forgive my sarcasm. I could say its the drink. But really i am just a mum with 2 kids working 5 days a week wondering how the hell I'm going to get to work and take my kids to all their sporting commitments and school.
I should have bought a toyota..... Any car really but an Audi.
Ps i am sure there is something positive about owning an Audi but i can't think of one atm.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

PERFECT CITY CAR

WHAT A FANTASTIC LITTLE CAR!

Whilst researching for a new car for my wife I read what seemed like a never ending amount of reviews praising the "class leader" Mazda 3 and decided to take one for a test drive. Having great expectations I came away mystified as to how a car with such great reviews could be so horrible - read boring, slow, noisy (in a bad way) and overpriced. So after we left the Mazda dealership for our trip home we passed an Audi dealership and saw a beautiful little A1 out front and my wife said "how about we just have a look what do we have to lose". Having never owned an Audi or any other German car I was a little sceptical at first but agreed. From the moment you walk into an Audi dealer you can feel the quality. We sat in the car and comparing to the Mazda it was like champagne and beer. We took the car for a drive and my wife instantly fell in love and the rest as they say is history. 60000km later the car is perfect and have had not one problem there is still no squeaks or rattles and the car is solid as a rock and as smooth to drive since the day we bought it. The DSG gearbox is still as smooth as silk such a wonderful piece of machinery. My wife does around 6litres/ 100km without using the stop start function. It also nice driving something a little less common and with a bit more character. Due to our kids growing up and needing more room we will be upgrading to a larger car very shortly, no guesses as to what it will be - Audi all the way they have won me for life

BadgeS Line

Brilliant car

Excellent performance - excellent on fuel. Recently had a barrel problem on the steering wheel and Audi fixed it without hesitation. Have had to replace a broken windscreen previously - after 6 months from new, was more than $1,000 but covered by insurance. Transmission is a gem and much better than our A3. Would have no hesitation in getting another A1.

TransmissionAutomatic

Magic machine nippy and very economical

This is a great little hot hatch. Very spirited and a nice exhaust noise albeit amplified. It has huge acceleration and the 7 speed TSG gearbox is so smooth. Sports mode is a buzz. Sure it isn't the largest car but I'm 191cm and I have great leg and headroom. Not much behind me but I didn't buy it for transporting the clan. I can fit my road bike in the boot easily with the front wheel off and the rear seats fold flat nicely. The car is also so quiet I the freeway at 100 and only uses around 5-6 l/100km. I get great economy from it as well as performance.
I did have some oil burning issues but an updated oil injector fix has eliminated this. My only issues are poor visibility from all rear view mirrors. Also if they had the option as other Audis do to auto drop the side mirrors in Reverse I would be in raptures.
Great little car. Also wondering why Audi has gone to the 1.8 turbo instead of the 1.4 super and turbo charged engine??

worst car ever!

Had my audi a1 attraction 1.4 ltrs s tronic for 2.5 yrs bought brand new and it broke down 2 times in 5 days and now it is about to break down again. First time EPC light came on and audi parramatta " fixed" the issue due to sensor light. Picked up my car the next day then it broke down as epc light again. .artarmon fixed the valve parts and the water pump and all replaced under warranty. Oh parramatta was trying to find a loophole to void the warranty by blaming me for servicing my car 35k above and they are also trying to point the blame on the service centre where i took my car for 2nd service. Anyways all faults were parts faulty ones manufacturers stuff.. after i picked up my car from artarmon audi on the way home the coolant red light is coming up and oh boy.. one would think that these mechanics should be doing their job properly by checking those little things..coolant level etc..i probably have called road assisyance 20+ more in the span of 10 days.. anyways yesterday my car seems to lack that powerful force of wind that pushes it when i drive.. that force is gone! When i accelerate it doesnt seem to do the speed and after dricing 60 kms or more on sustained 70km speed.. my car throttled/grindrd/shaked and it felt like it was about to break down snd my engine will fall apart. Seems like once EPC problem is on all other problems come out .. one by one.. what a rubbish german product.

Audi A1 2011

We purchased a diesel A1 new from a Sydney dealer and have owned it for nearly 3 years and only done ~35,000km's. We chose it after a very poor experience with the MkVI VW Golf. We have had nothing but problems over the 3 years with the engine, electronics, gearbox and did I say engine again and again. We are ready to buy anything but a German vehicle i.e. back to Japanese or Korean for lower cost motoring and for less to go wrong. Customer service has been good but is about to be really tested with our latest issue.

Engine Size1.6L Turbo
BodyHatch

Surprisingly poor in many ways

Drove it for 2 days as a loan car.

There are many smallish quirks that make me question the design quality.

When you sit in the drivers seal & rest your arms on the arm rests, you go "huh" because the arm rests are at different levels. Not a big issue, but really begs the thought "why did Audi choose to have different heights on purpose".

With the central arm rest on place (down so you can lean on it), the handbrake handle is covered & it's awkward to actually operate the handbrake.

Window up/down switches are on the driver's arm rest. They are located towards the REAR of the arm rest. I can only just reach it with my elbow hitting the B pillar and/ur seat. If my forearm was longer, I'd not be able to do it while driving. Strange choice by Audi.

Auto stop, if you leaves it on, when you stop in traffic the aircon blows more air all my itself (I made no changes) & it is only slightly cool (compressor off?) & when you start driving, airflow reduces & the air is again cold like it's supposed to be. I just turned off the "auto off" feature. Now consistent cold air.

Sports mode hangs in the gear too long. I've driven many manual cars & I would up shift a lot earlier than the Audi computer program. Just "feels wrong" to have 3000 rpm when on a level road at 50Km/Hr with them throttle just off idle (as am already at 50km speed). I'd be expecting say 5th gear (it has 7 gears) at much lower revs. Seems like the sports mode settings have not been fully developed (I am an engineer).

Overall... underwhelmed & would not buy it.

Surprisingly bland

I had an A1 as a hire car from Europcar in Tasmania for a week in February 2013. Admittedly it was a five door model in white, which would have to be the blandest looking choice for this car (three door with contrasting paint over the roof rail looks best). I know it was way better than a Hyundai Getz I had the choice of for the trip but I was surprised by a few things: The gorgeous feeling leather steering wheel completely blocked vision of the three control stalks located on the steering column; the suspension and seats were very hard and uncomfortable (typical of Audi/VW products I appreciate); the S-Tronic transmission made the car feel quite dull and slow unless switched to its 'S' mode where things came alive (but also added to noisy revs and extra fuel consumption); the car had surprisingly loud wind noise from above the windscreen; tyre roar was also loud; the boot didn't fit my suitcase without folding both back seats down (these didn't seem to have a way of folding them flat); the Sat Nav screen and trip computer needed the instruction book to operate; and worst of all it simple didn't feel 'premium' in any way ... i.e. the interior upholstery felt 'practical' but not at all memorable or luxurious. I actually thought 'my' car was a base model for the first few days until I did an internet search and discovered that it was in fact the Ambition model (different alloy wheels and fog lights). It really seemed ordinary and forgettable. But this is a $40,000+ car on-road and should have made a tad more of a positive impression than this.
Leather steering wheel felt good.
Bland, poor ergonomics, didn't feel 'premium'

Surprised and Very Disappointed

We were on the market for a premium small car and the A1 was very high on the list after falling in love with it at the 2010 Sydney motor show. We were probably one of the first select group of people in Sydney to own a brand new A1 but after the first couple of months of driving pleasure, things have been nothing short of farcical with one problem after another.

Just after six months of regular driving, the battery gave way and we were condemned to the embarrassment of being stuck on a traffic light after the auto ignition failed to restart the car and also dangerously locked the steering mid drive. At first the Audi service centre blamed us for possibly leaving our lights on and claimed that "Audi batteries simply do not die!". After an inspection of the car it was revealed that "faulty wiring" drained the battery and it was a "rare" occurrence.

After the first service, the bluetooth capable Audi multimedia system stopped working with all our phones and we have not been able to use it since. The suspension on the rear wheels also started to make a weird and somewhat annoying creaking noise every time a person tried to board or leave the car.

To top it all off, after having owned the car for less than 2 years, the clutch in the S-Tronic suspension recently also gave way with the car making a ominous shuddering noise travelling at 70km/h. At one point, we thought the car was simply going to fall apart and our lives were in danger:(

This has been the most disappointing experience we have had with owning a brand new car and especially one which carries a premium badge (I have a sneaky suspicion that Audi sold us a "beta" version of the car).

We simply can't wait to get rid of this bundle of trouble!
Looks and drives ok.
Very thirsty, plagued with all sorts of mechanical problems, unreliable as you never know when the next set of problems are going to hit you!

Engine Size1.4L Turbo
We are having terrible issues also and Audi are not helping at all. We have owned our 2011 A1 for under two years and its only done 15,000km. We have been back into the service centre a number of times due to poor quality. The start/stop sometimes does not work, there are rattles and squeaks that get louder every time its driven, the reverse gear does not shift properly and before Xmas the clutch was making strange noises so we took it into the service centre again, they kept the car and said they fixed the problem and that it was nothing to do with the driving. Two weeks later the clutch problem came back so we had to rebook the car and they took out the clutch and said "it needs replacing because of the way you drive the car". It has only done 15,000km!!! And it is driven with care, we have never had clutch issues due to the way a cars driven before, so why now?!! Audi are refusing to cover it under warranty even though I have pointed out numerous issues with the clutch on Audi A1's in europe. Very sad that we spent so much on something we thought was quality but is absolutely not.

Are Audi A1’s a good second hand car?

how is he reliability of an audi a1 2015. have there been many gearbox computer issues?
I’ve not had any gearbox issues with my A1; no other issues. I’ve always had my cars serviced at the dealer.Great I would do that too - thanksI think that the gear box was an issue in prior year models (2011 is ringing a bell) but unsure which models although a mechanic told me my gear box was starting to slip a bit and the car was shuddering at low speed quite badly but it did not completely fail while i had it but please keep in mind I sold mine at 3 years and my car was the 2015 A1 diesel model not petrol if that makes a difference. And yes I only had it serviced at Audi. My main computer did fail at 2 years and this did take 2 weeks to replace as they had to get it from Germany and after they gave it back to me the injectors failed too. Apparently if the computer fails this causes the injectors to fail but they do not fix both at the one time they wait for the injectors to fail. This is scary as no lights come on on the dash the car just rolls backwards when you drive if you are on a hill which I was as no diesel was getting through. The car felt funny as it lacked power but only on a hill did it simply roll back. Funnily enough every time something went wrong with my car is when I was on a hill ie at traffic lights with the brake on and when I would put my foot on the accelerator errors on the dash would light up or the car would not go. Hope you have better luck with yours kind regards S

my audi A1 has a transmission problem its a 2014 model The transmission is completely destroyed Has there been a recall on this model for this problem?
Sorry it's taken a while to reply I found ur email in my promotions not in my inbox. My Audi had so many problems. The main computer etc. My transmission was not right either it was slipping a mechanic told me. The audi dealership will admit to nothing until ur car is brought to them on the back of a truck and then they do the bare minumum even if they are aware that the problem has triggered another issue, which happened in my case. And yes they were fully aware the audi mechanic told me. Ppl have suggested they don't like the heat but I'm not sure. I sold mine as I was scared of driving it. Also my Audi was the diesel model. I have googled transmission problems after my mechanic friend announced my transmission was slipping and it is an issue with audi's. He could hear it apparently and he told me to get rid of it. I traded it and bought a new car and lost $20000 but it was the best thing i ever did my car was a nightmare. All the best and I feel for you. It is so stressful and I could not believe how much the dealership didn't care.. Keep smiling S x

A1 8XA (Sportsback)A1 8X1 (Hatchback)
Release dateJan 2012Jan 2010