Audi A1 8X

Audi A1 8X (2010-2018)

Sport, Ambition, Attraction, etc...

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

daftendirekt

daftendirektCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good car but not without its problems

Purchased in November 2013 at Audi Dealers for $28,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort

Pips

PipsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

To all people with lemons for A1s

I have had an Ambition s-tronic turbo since 2012 and love it. Never any issues and it looks great. But this is not about me: it is all those who have been sold the limited lemon range. It is time you demanded your legal rights under the australian consumer Law. That means, ignore the manufacturer’s warranty limitations and demand satisfaction. You have statutory rights that cannot be denied, including reasonable quality (including on 2nd hand vehicles) and fitness for purpose. Also do not let the dealer palm you off and say you need to contact the manufacturer direct. Not true. Also don’t believe them when they say anything over $40000 not covered. Not true either. BTW too, the law covers services, not just goods.

Purchased in May 2012 at Audi Dealers for $29,000.00.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort
Ally

AllyNewcastle

Love my little buzz box!

I do min 700km a week in my A1. It is great on fuel, super zippy and very stylish. I not only use it on tarred roads but also on dirt roads and it performs perfectly. It has nearly 100,000kms on it and I havent had a single problem with it yet.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

SuzanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Audi A1 Sold the Audi @ 3yrs

Engine Size1.6L Turbo
Date PurchasedApr 2015

XavierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing car. Brilliant showroom.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Will

WillQLD, 4066

Great small car

Car is extremely reliable and ongoing costs (insurance, fuel, etc) are low, Audi first party services are very expensive - go to ultra tune or another independent mechanic who can provide a logbook service for less than half of the cost of Audi. Car drives like a dream, handles well and uses stuff all fuel. Minimal leg room in the rear.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Jason

JasonBrisbane

Great Car

Got this car a couple years ago, it drives and steers amazingly smoothly no surprise coming from a reputable brand like Audi! It's a great small car, easy to park and has an INCREDIBLE sound system. There's also parking sensors if you need them. It also comes with the stop/start feature if you wanted to save a bit of fuel as well!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Could not be happier

Bought in FEB 2015.white with black roof
Couldn't be happier , have not had any mechanical issues in three years, has been driven constantly in that time. Audi Artarmon have been professional and helpful each service we've had.Had only one issue with the air con filter which was resolved quickly. Down side for me is it is front wheel drive , has dark roof interior which feels a little crowding initially but passes with time.It's responsive, fuel efficient and fun to drive and I love driving it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Mandy M

Mandy MAU

So in love with my great little stunner

I am not much into cars, before buying the baby I have never test driven a new car, because they basically feel all the same to me. But my Audi totally changed everything. It is a great little, zippy, sexy car! It is a dream to drive! Only downside for me is the lack of Apple CarePlay

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Toni

ToniPrahran

Audi A! - Chic City Car

The Audi A1 has power and ease. Turning, reversing and parking are simple. Brakes are responsive. Both the Automatic and the Manual have great pickup when passing another car. The interior package with individual Heating/Cooling keeps us both happy. The Internet features are easy to see and easy to use.

Line1.2 TFSI
Engine Size1.2L Turbo
Date PurchasedNov 2017

shopping123

shopping123

very good

very cute outlook, saves petrol! if you don't have enough budget to buy a brand car but still thinking to get something started with, the A1 is the best choice. With small cars, the are easy to park and this car is suitable with ladies as it is easy drive.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

BadgeS Line
Graham

Graham

Brilliant car

Excellent performance - excellent on fuel. Recently had a barrel problem on the steering wheel and Audi fixed it without hesitation. Have had to replace a broken windscreen previously - after 6 months from new, was more than $1,000 but covered by insurance. Transmission is a gem and much better than our A3. Would have no hesitation in getting another A1.

TransmissionAutomatic

Magic machine nippy and very economical

worst car ever!

Michael53

Michael53SYDNEY

Audi A1 2011

We purchased a diesel A1 new from a Sydney dealer and have owned it for nearly 3 years and only done ~35,000km's. We chose it after a very poor experience with the MkVI VW Golf. We have had nothing but problems over the 3 years with the engine, electronics, gearbox and did I say engine again and again. We are ready to buy anything but a German vehicle i.e. back to Japanese or Korean for lower cost motoring and for less to go wrong. Customer service has been good but is about to be really tested with our latest issue.

Engine Size1.6L Turbo

WeWantValue

WeWantValue

Surprisingly poor in many ways

rearrange

rearrangeAU

Surprisingly bland

Lucy D.

Lucy D.asked

Are Audi A1’s a good second hand car?

evanasked

how is he reliability of an audi a1 2015. have there been many gearbox computer issues?

Xavier

I’ve not had any gearbox issues with my A1; no other issues. I’ve always had my cars serviced at the dealer.

Great I would do that too - thanks

Suzanne

I think that the gear box was an issue in prior year models (2011 is ringing a bell) but unsure which models although a mechanic told me my gear box was starting to slip a bit and the car was shuddering at low speed quite badly but it did not completely fail while i had it but please keep in mind I sold mine at 3 years and my car was the 2015 A1 diesel model not petrol if that makes a difference. And yes I only had it serviced at Audi. My main computer did fail at 2 years and this did take 2 weeks to replace as they had to get it from Germany and after they gave it back to me the injectors failed too. Apparently if the computer fails this causes the injectors to fail but they do not fix both at the one time they wait for the injectors to fail. This is scary as no lights come on on the dash the car just rolls backwards when you drive if you are on a hill which I was as no diesel was getting through. The car felt funny as it lacked power but only on a hill did it simply roll back.
Funnily enough every time something went wrong with my car is when I was on a hill ie at traffic lights with the brake on and when I would put my foot on the accelerator errors on the dash would light up or the car would not go. Hope you have better luck with yours kind regards S

Rosanne F

Rosanne Fasked

my audi A1 has a transmission problem its a 2014 model The transmission is completely destroyed Has there been a recall on this model for this problem?

Suzanne

Sorry it's taken a while to reply I found ur email in my promotions not in my inbox. My Audi had so many problems. The main computer etc. My transmission was not right either it was slipping a mechanic told me. The audi dealership will admit to nothing until ur car is brought to them on the back of a truck and then they do the bare minumum even if they are aware that the problem has triggered another issue, which happened in my case. And yes they were fully aware the audi mechanic told me. Ppl have suggested they don't like the heat but I'm not sure. I sold mine as I was scared of driving it. Also my Audi was the diesel model. I have googled transmission problems after my mechanic friend announced my transmission was slipping and it is an issue with audi's. He could hear it apparently and he told me to get rid of it. I traded it and bought a new car and lost $20000 but it was the best thing i ever did my car was a nightmare. All the best and I feel for you. It is so stressful and I could not believe how much the dealership didn't care.. Keep smiling S x

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives