15Mercedes-Benz A-Class Hatchback

Boot Size
Comfort
Features
4.3
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.

Anjila
AnjilaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

No more car sickness

Drives beautifully, looks gorgeous. I love my car.
I have a short daily commute to work so pretty much costs nothing to run.
Mobile mechanic services it once a year. Only required 1 trip to MB to replace aux battery which my mobile mechanic could have done - I just wanted to drive into a fancy building, one time. Show details
Acceleration / Power
  • +6Thumbnail
Shinken
ShinkenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts
  Fair Incentive A250 4MATIC AMG Line

This is almost perfect, but

Interior is great, look luxury and tech.
In my driving experience , overall ride feels solid and comfortable, but in corner is a bit too soft to be called hot hatch. Ofcoz, you can go A35 or 45 for that.

I'm not a fan of its gearbox, don't feel it handle the power output as smooth as VW DSG. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Inge
Inge4 posts
  A180

Nice car, expansive to run

Just bough a Merc A180 2019 W177 with 10000km. After filling the tank, 43l, the first time, it shows 436km and I find it unbelievable for a luxury car like this, it can do only 436km. I called Mercedes and was told, it may change in due course, well, from the comments here, I can see, it is not only my car who is able to only drive such short distances. Very disappointing and I would not have bought it, if this would have been pointed out to me. The first gear is very slow, the sports seats are fantastic and the overall feeling is that of luxury and safety. Unfortunately I was taken for a ride by the car dealer and paid way above so stay away from Westside Auto Wholesale! Show details
Deborah T.
Deborah T.5 posts
  A-Class Hatchback

GLA tailgate nightmare

Manufacturing fault I’m told by the repairer Tailgate doesn’t close. Only use the tailgate once a fortnight, the car is pristine always serviced I’ve looked after it. The bolts holding it to the top of the car let go. $1000 fix. Mercedes would not entertain the idea that I hadn’t damaged the car in any way at all. This car has 50k on it. To my knowledge the car was out of warranty by 7 weeks. After waiting over 2 months for a response I was told it was my problem. Not happy will never buy another Mercedes or recommend them.  Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Car Chick
Car ChickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  A35 AMG 4MATIC

Great car

The car is overall not bad for the money! Quite zippy for your city driving in and out of town!! The led lights inside the car are pretty cool as they can be set to ur favourite colour!!

Caroline S.
Caroline S.Perth, WA5 posts

Love love love my car

I've owned other cars but the Mercedes A180 is the best I've ever owned .

It's stylish, sexy and economical .

I get alot of compliments , it's great for parking and has many safety features I love Show details

Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.8 posts
  Verified A180
Jmazz
Jmazz
  A200

Great car until the temperature hits over high 30s and then it goes into meltdown. It has left me h

I use and relay on the car for meetings and long to and from work drive. I need a car for both summer and winter. The car is used daily and not due its first service. Clearly not tested for our harsh summers. You don't expect this from a new car.

Jax
JaxTeneriffe13 posts
  A200

Love this car!!

After recently moving to the inner city, this little car is awesome, being both economical and looking great. It drives super well on the highway!! Service during and after sales also excellent. I am definitely a Mercedes convert. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a small car that's really roomy.

Mi Sanders
Mi SandersGold Coast3 posts
  A250

Super fun car!

Love this car! Absolutely great drive, it’s gutsy when I need it to be and super economical when I feel like it. Another great feature is its cute noise when the turbo is activated! I also love the vision package with the sunroof and the sporty look that it adds to the car. So fun to drive!

Rob
RobForster10 posts
  Verified A200
Rayzar
RayzarHobart, TAS3 posts

Mercedes A180 - Great Car

Recently changed over from a Subaru Impreza to a new Mercedes A180 which was purchased through Mercedes Benz Sydney. They had the car we wanted, in the colour we wanted and their level of service was excellent. The car itself is everything we wished for so we are looking forward to many years of driving. The interior is classy, the exterior looks great and it handles as you would expect a Mercedes to.

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW36 posts

A180 City Edition is AWSOME

I bought A180 City Edition in black color. It's basically the A180 with AMG rings, LED head lights and Apple car play. Its interior is neat and eye catching. No cheap plastic is used. All leather or quality fabric.

The sound system is nice although it's no-name! Seats are sporty and very stylish but not perfectly comfortable. It has a small boot size so if you tend to move things such as suitcases around you have to be careful with this.

The engine has so much power, and it accelerates fast. It really turns heads.

Lim
Lim
  A250

Engine light on!!!

Bought A250 4matic 2017 brand new last year. Today it has engine light on! The car has only travelled less than 7800km. Not even 1st service done yet!

So upset with this big brand! I have checked everything that i could.

Towed to MB service centre.

Will update asap with outcome.

Julie W.
Julie W. · A35 AMG 4MATIC (2018-2024)

Why does my car need gearbox update

Belinda
Belinda · A180 (2013-2018)

I have a issue with my 2013 a180 that I have just got . So U have no back ground knowledge of the car . The car was not turned on ( key not in ignition) I was pressing the open car button on the remote maybe 5 times to keep turning on the interior lights . They then starting turning on and off themselves and then all went out no power I disconnected the battery and head lights and tail lights came on . I think re connected the battery and the car started again like there was no issue ? . The next day I was trying to connect my phone I had the ignition on but not started the car also died but once again disconnected the battery and reconnect and it's fine again . Can anyone help me . I'm not sure what's going on . Thanks in advance

Michael JS
Michael JS · A-Class Hatchback

I have a Mercedes A-200, 4 years old. Bought with an extended Mercedes warranty and Mercedes insurance
I had a terrible experience where the drivers window lever buttons started losing their dark gray surface exposing what looks like white plastic. The same issue happened with the electronic brake in the dash.
They told me it was considered a trim and not covered by warranty. Very disappointing . This is the second Merc I have owned, and in 40 years of driving I have never seen this

Has anyone had such an experience and did Mercedes end up fixing this

Compare all Mercedes-Benz A-Class Hatchback listings
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $74,408$54,800
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power225kW @ 5500rpm165kW @ 5500rpm165kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque400Nm @ 1800rpm350Nm @ 1800rpm350Nm @ 1800rpm
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.