Ausbeds Sienna

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Comfortable to sleep on

• Superior customer service

• Environmentally friendly fabric

Cons

• The mattress was somewhat heavy

Brownflower

BrownflowerSydney, NSW

Best. Bed. Ever.

So we have had our sienna for over 2.5 years now and it's still as good as the day we bought it. My partner slept on it alone for the first year before we moved in together and there was no issues with sagging. Even now after sharing the bed for more than a year there is still zero sagging from two people on both sides every night. We are average size - 60kg, and 85kg. The mattress is pretty heavy, but I don't really think of that as a con as such. The customer service is ridiculously good too. Could not recommend this company more.

Purchased in April 2018 at Ausbeds for $800.00.

Very happy

I have only had this mattress a few days but so far I have really enjoyed it! It is very supportive and comfortable. I can’t comment on the longevity of the mattress yet but so far I am very happy.

Purchased in December 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Great Decision

We visited Ausbeds having read the many positive reviews from previous buyers. We found the owner, Karl, to be extremely helpful and he was definitely instrumental in our decision to buy.

Our mattress provides the perfect blend of support and comfort that we were looking for, and has made a big difference to our sleep. A great product and I would happily recommend Ausbeds to anyone in the market for a new bed.

Purchased in November 2020.

Find out how Ausbeds Sienna compares to other Mattresses

Perfect mattress and excellent service

We visited ausbeds a month ago and had no hesitations in deciding on this particular mattress for its level of comfort and back support. Karl was more than happy to go through all the various specs and even showed us the inner components of ausbeds' mattresses. You'd deal direct with the owner, the designer who keeps improving his products, and the manufacturer and you'd know that should there be any issues or change of mind, your concerns would be addressed promptly. Delivery was prompt and efficient. Service with big smiles from both sides. Highly recommended.

Purchased in November 2020.

Adjustment PeriodDays
Ali

Ali

Great experience

It is great
great service and great product quality. i recommend. been more than 3 years and i am very satisfied with the mattress.
The team were cooperative
I bought the kingsize mattress and it is great
Thanks again

Purchased in July 2017 for $999.00.

Matt

MattSydney, NSW

The first was so comfortable we bought a second!

We bought a Sienna 6 (double) for our son a few months ago and have found it so comfortable we just bought another for our daughter. We highly recommend it!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Ausbeds.

Carolyn5454

Carolyn5454Sydney, NSW

Really comfortable bed and always wake up feeling refreshed!!

I initially bought the Sienna 8 which was to hard for me. I went into the shop and were amazing they we’re happy to change the springs and did so within 1 hour of picking up my bed. Really professional staff. Would highly recommend!!! Thanks again for making this so easy

Purchased in June 2020.

Gemma S.

Gemma S.Sydney, NSW

The BEST mattress, plus you get to support a lovely gentleman running a local business in Sydney.

Very comfortable, supportive and of a high quality. Very reassured by warranty the owner described to me when I was there trying all the models. Sleep has been amazingly better than before, and the foam is supportive of my lower back which has always been an issue for me.

Purchased in September 2020 at Ausbeds.

BradC

BradCSydney, NSW

Perfect mattress.

Have been sleeping on this mattress for over a week now and wish I purchased it sooner. It’s so comfortable. Delivery was perfect, polite guys and friendly to deal with.

Purchased in September 2020 for $1,450.00.

Find out how Ausbeds Sienna compares to other Mattresses

Amazing bed, we absolutely love it.

My partner and I bought one last week... it’s Like sleeping on a cloud. I highly recommend for anyone looking to get a good nights sleep. Thank you Aus beds.

Barbora

BarboraSydney, NSW

sienna 8

Loved the simple concept. We just walked in the show room, laid in bed for a while and that was it. Sienna 8 was the definite winner. Neither me or my partner wanted to visit other shops and waste our time. Satisfied with mat, but hard to tell as it had been only purchased a couple of weeks ago. Customer service was great!

Purchased in August 2020.

Jen

JenSydney, NSW

The bed is awesome!

The mattress was delivered the same day I ordered it online. I live on the third floor and the guys had no problem getting it upstairs. No joke, it feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud. It's firm but soft at the same time. When I need a mattress in the future I will definitely go back to them.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1,450.00.

Quality and service

Since buying my bed bed I have slept like a baby. They were extremely helpful in providing all the help/information I needed to choose the correct mattress. Delivery was a breeze, as was the communication in regards to sorting out the delivery time and date. I could not recommend ausbeds enough!

Adjustment PeriodDays
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Ryan C.

Ryan C.Sydney, NSW

Happy customer

We decided on the sienna 4 mattress, it feels soft and comfortable but still supportive enough. Customer service was great, overall a good experience. High quality mattress for a fair price!

Purchased in July 2020 for $1,250.00.

Alex L.

Alex L.Sydney, NSW

Comfort is key

Mattress feels really comfortable, just the right level of support. Have been feeling significantly better rested in the past few days that I've had this mattress. Staff service was great and made the whole process really easy.

Jen

JenSydney, NSW

Fantastic service

Kyl

KylSydney Surrounds, NSW

So comfortable and supportive

After feeling like waking several times through the night was just my new normal, I finally got myself a new mattress.
The Sienna 6 is supportive yet so comfortable to sleep on! Thank you for helping me finally get a solid restful sleep!

Love this mattress!

Highly recommend this mattress. It is really comfy and supportive. Has significantly helped in reducing lower back pain I was experiencing every morning after sleeping. Wonderful service, speedy delivery. Thank you !

Purchased in June 2020 at Ausbeds.

Caryl

CarylSydney, NSW

Great Bed. Great company

Bought the Sienna 6 after reading reviews for my son. He love the bed but found it not soft enough. They change sit for the Sienna 4 without hesitation and it was delivered the next day. He loves the bed and the experience with AusBeds has been amazing.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,250.00.

The best bed and service I’ve ever had!

Unbelievably comfortable. Can’t recommend it enough. The service and helpful advice was beyond all. I originally bought the mattress too sound though they were happy to exchange it after almost 3 months. The medium is absolutely perfect now! Thanks!

Purchased in April 2020.

Sleeping PositionSide

Fiona

Fionaasked

Sienna

We are looking for a bed that would suit both of us - hubby by weighs 150kg+ and myself 80 - need something that is good for backs etc - do your mattresses suit us? Looking at king size

Ausbeds
karl v.Ausbeds

Hi Fiona, At 150kgs a stronger spring unit is required. My springs will be suitable up until around 110kgs. For 80kgs weight, my springs would work perfectly. I'm working on getting a thicker diameter wire in the springs for the heavier range. I don't have them yet, Maybe in a few months though, sorry!

tdlst

tdlstasked

Sienna

So after looking at all the other top reviewed mattresses I came across this one an liked what I saw.
Checked out online and was ready to go consult the husband.... only to find this is NSW based.
850km away!!!
Guttered :(

Any timeframe on whether you will open up
stockists in Melbourne or will start delivery?

If its going to be soon then I will hold of on the new mattress buying until then.
Cheers

winfield

winfieldasked

Sienna

do you sell headboards to go with queen ?
Does it have a cooling mattress cover ?

Ausbeds
karl v.Ausbeds

Hi there, I'm Karl, owner at ausbeds. I'm not currently doing headboards. I was however I found that it's much better to only sell what I make myself. So until I can make headboards on-site, I will not be selling them. I'm setting this up currently and I should be producing them within 3 months.

Some fabric on the outside of a mattress is not going to make the mattress cool. There Are many other more important factors. Springs will be cooler than no springs. More foam will be hotter than less foam. Softer foam will be hotter then firmer foam. Tightly woven fabric may or may not be hotter than stretch knit fabric depending on even more factors.

So the answer to your question is, it's complicated. However, I build the mattress from the ground up with ventilation in mind. No foam sidewall support means better air-flow through the side of the mattress. Instead, I use reinforced metal side supports and also firmer pocket springs on the side. The top fabric is stretch-knit and made from Tencel which is a cooler fabric. The sheet and mattress protector and any other layer you put on top will also affect the temperature.

Get an answer from our members and Ausbeds representatives

Features:

• The quilt is designed with a breathable Tencel fabric covering. Tencel is an environmentally friendly, light, and versatile fabric.
  • High flexibility quilting foam provides maximum comfort
  • Available in three comfort levels: medium-soft, medium, and medium-firm - to suit a wide range of sleeping styles

Points of praise for Ausbeds Sienna:

• The mattress was comfortable, supportive and helped reviewers achieve a good night’s sleep
  • Many reviewers felt pleased that they were supporting an Australian company
  • Polite and co-operative customer service and knowledgeable staff left a positive impression on reviewers
  • Fast delivery made purchasing the mattress a quick and easy process.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Reviewer favourite Ausbeds Sienna has won the 2021 Award for Best Mattress. Superior comfort and cooperative customer service were the stand-out factors.

Compare all 15 Ausbeds Sienna

FirmnessMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm
SizeKingQueenDoubleKing Single
Thickness33 cm33 cm33 cm33 cm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 15 Ausbeds Sienna