Aussie Travel Cover

Aussie Travel Cover

International, Multi-Journey, Domestic, etc...

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very disappointing

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo

Full cover for illness in Peru

Ended up in hospital in Peru with Bronchitis. Aussietravelcover were great. They sent me to the best hospital, the hospital had wifi so I was able to send all the paperwork from the hospital bed. This meant they paid for the hospital fees and I didn't pay a cent. I have just put in the claim for the cancelled tour that we missed and waiting for the payment now. If you give the right documentation and the claim isn't related to pre-existing you won't have any issues. They also checked on me every day to make sure I was ok. In my experience they were great,

Money waste

Submit claim and they can give us lot of reasons how ever they are not given any claims. I joined through phone that time every thing was good and when we submit a claim that time this people providing lot of things.

THEY LOST THE PLOT

As a Travel Agent I sold Aussie travel cover to my clients for 10 years. They use to treat claims in a fair manner. Now they seem to have lost the plot. The claims department is full of ill trained personnel and their main objective is to delay claims and seeking a way out of paying up. A true example of a good family business ruined.

wwway01

wwway01Maroochydore

So what were the conditions you had?

So what were your conditions that they refused to cover? No need for gory details just what your condition/s actually were might save me a phone call.? Did they send you a copy of why they refused your condition? Had to rate Aussie Travel Cover but I was just trying to get more info so my rating is rather irrelevant at the moment

Insurance claim madeNo

Mick

MickGeelong

Refused cover on some health conditions

Consultant made frequent mistakes with medical terminology. Cover accepted in previous years by Aussie now not covered. . Found better at Covermore who covered ALL previous conditions. Aussie was expensive for what little they did cover.

Insurance claim madeNo

Great coverage

As per any insurance policy, you are expected to read your pds. Coverage isn't automatic and you need to be able to prove your story. Had my bag stolen while oversees and because I read my policy,I knew what I had to do.
They paid out the $3000 worth of gear I had and was able to replace it all.

Brendan

Brendan

Seamless

I have used Aussietravelcover for 10+ years and have never had any issues like some of the reviews below. I usually do one big overseas trip per year and have (unfortunately) had the occasional claim (theft, lost baggage etc) but have always experienced prompt, efficient service from both Aussie and Allianz. Read your policy wording, people! All too often it seems easier for people to just dump all the blame on the insurer when their claim is unsuccessful.

Craig

CraigWollongong

Near Drowning Vanuatu

Insurance claim madeYes

Flight cancellation is not covered

Don't expect to be compensated when you flights are cancelled and stuck in the airport for couple of days. We not only miss our departure and connecting flights but also cost to multiple booked tours and hotels. Tough luck... such a waste of time and money with this lots.

Cherry

Cherry

One Star Is Too Much To Give! Worst Customer Service!

Insurance claim madeYes

Paid claim quickly and with no problems

My iphone was picked from my pocket in Tangier, Morocco. As we were leaving the country in 60 mins, there was no time to report it to the local police. I reported it to Spanish police about 36 hours later. When I returned home, I was worried that they would deny my claim because over 24 hrs had elapsed. However they paid in full, no problems raised. They even paid the full original price of the phone, no depreciation etc. I was very happy with their service and would use them again, but they are quite expensive
easy to deal with, paid quickly

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't expect your claims to be paid!

Please Do Not Use Aussietravelcover

We lost 2 x $1000.00 deposits for a cruise we had to cancel because at the time after we had booked we lost money and could no longer afford to make the cruise. We made the claims and correct contacts but no the came up qith Some Section of the policy that suited them and interpreted it to fit their cas as if we had been employed. We were so disappointed in them and using the name 'Aussie' in the title is disgraceful as there is nothing 'Aussie' about them. Would never ever consider Allianz and Aussietravelcover again and have made sure all our family and friends know about them

Jephry

JephryKelowna, British Columbia

Save your time and money and go with another insurer!

OK +

Crashed hire car while in the states, and the buggers charged me a pretty dime for the excess! anyways when i returned i told the travel agent and they informed me that i had cover under this policy, gave me a claim form, helped me filled it in, put in CC statement reciepts and then sent if off, and money back!!!
good cover
If i had known i had this cover i wouldnt have paid Avis and extra $25 a day! ( dumb me)

kay93

kay93perth

Do Not Use Them

This insurance company will try get out of paying for anything. First they tried to get out of paying a medical claim. Then they told me they would not pay for a stolen item .I would hate to think what would happen if you used them for anything major.They make it so difficult and hand you back and forth between people. Do not use them! I am reporting them to the ombudsman

Insurance claim madeYes

Do not buy this cover! Do not make the same mistake we all did!

Terrible

mckeop25

mckeop25WA, 6210

Bad

Difficult claiming procedure and then to be told that I should have taken out extra cover for my digital camera I lost! Not very impressed!!
Would have been better getting other insurance for my trip to Sicily

Claiming procedure and excess fee!