Verifiedworldcare.com.au

• 1-2 weeks (9)
  • 2-4 weeks (6)
  • 1-2 months (5)
  • 3+ months (2)
Claim ApprovedYes (22) · No (7)
Competitively priced premiums
Covers range of pre-existing medical conditions
Quick and easy claims process
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worldcare Travel Insurance1,923 reviews
Tim S.
Tim S.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

WARNING: NOT INSURED IF YOU CONSUME ALCOHOL

If you consume any alcohol, your policy is null and void in the event of any claim. With other travel insurance policies you could find this by searching "alcohol" in their PDS. Worldcare hides it by referring to alcohol as "intoxicating liquor". Search Alcohol and you'll find a few hits but nothing to say your not covered. Deceiving to the consumer. Buyers be warned. Show details
Insurance
Insurance
  Essentials Plan

Never received policy documents

My experience with this travel insurance provider has been disappointing. Despite a smooth purchase process, I never received my policy documents, and the reason remains a mystery. The policy documents did not arrive in the inbox or spam folder on neither of the 3 emails I've provided. Despite polite customer support, they had no solution or backup plan. This lack of preparedness and the ongoing uncertainty regarding the missing documents leaves me with no choice but to give them a one-star rating. Show details
Looking to buy
Looking to buy2 posts

Lack of customer service

Unfortunately though I have read some good reviews of this company, none of their phone numbers on the website work. I've tried three times going through their automated phone system to no avail. No hold music or anything. The only other option is to email but I'd like to speak with a human to explain further their PDS. Show details
Jess
JessPenrith33 posts
  Verified Multi-Trip Plan

Wish I went with someone else

I took out travel insurance for my 2.5 month trip as the trip has cost over 100k
One of my flights booked through a travel platform that i paid nearly 5k to for my flights went under. I lodged a claim through Worldcare and was declined.
I went with them because of all their good reviews and how happy people were.
Spending over 100k I needed an insurance company that was good.
Clearly i was very wrong to go with Worldcare Travel Insurance. It's not really worldcare when they aren't covering everything
Go with someone else Show details
Sparky
SparkyWAPerth, WA

Very Satisfied

Excellent value travel insurance which we used for 5 weeks of travel in Europe.
Needed to claim for stolen bag and flight delays. Processed claim in less than 2 weeks and paid out without any issues. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Wanting insurance
Wanting insuranceWAPerth, WA
  Comprehensive Plan

If only they answered their phones!!!

Have called both Worldcare (on hold 21min) and Allianz (on hold 18min) both seperate numbers same voice and music. Answered, silence, then hung up on twice! NOT good enough. Don't ask me to email because I would like to talk to a person. Show details
Ben Aaron
Ben AaronWAPerth, WA9 posts
Damian S
Damian SNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Verified Worldcare Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

My wife buy travel insurance comprehensive plan A , Cover Type Family, sadly she’s get accident, pass away 3 year ago . I still no understand, i only get compensation accidental death $25000 under plan A , Cover type Single ? but as you can see my attachment, My policy cover type Family , $50000 compensation accidental death . Show details
Tombarina
TombarinaQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Best travel insurer around

Outstanding. In Feb, we booked an OS trip and took out insurance. Trip was cancelled because, COVID, and while we received flight credits and accom refunds, I just assumed our insurance was money down the drain. But no! Email this week asking whether I’d like it refunded to our credit card or a bank account. I’ve used Worldcare on multiple occasions and have had nothing but positive experiences and excellent customer service and advice, but this was the icing on the cake. 100% would recommend Show details ·  1
Sarah Krantz
Sarah KrantzQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
  Comprehensive Plan

One of the best travel insurance companies around!

Worldcare travel insurance is excellent value for money. During my holiday to the UK I needed to seek medical assistance.The customer care team were outstanding and assisted me with getting home safely. Claiming for medical expenses was also hassle free and straightforward. Highly recommended Show details ·  1
Peter Jenkins
Peter JenkinsNSWHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Easy to set up

Easy to set up. No claim necessary. I did get sick but the one visit to a GP wasn't worth claiming for. Good to know that I was covered for any eventuality especially after Covid-19 appeared globally while I was away Show details ·  1
Jake
JakeVICGippsland, VIC
  Multi-Trip Plan

Worst insurer ever

More exclusions than inclusion and if you have a genuine question you will need to wait 2.5 hrs on the phone like i did today, only to be told they cant help and to check their website, becuase the staff memeber i spoke to had no idea. Show details
anthony kennedy & shayle
anthony kennedy & shayle
  Comprehensive Plan

would not do without it. its a must

I don't think anyone will say its good value as we all want items cheaper. yes it was good value.
We are lodging a claim. Your people are most supportive.
I can't say but it must be say 7 or more? Show details
Romeo M.
Romeo M.NSWSydney, NSW
  Comprehensive Plan

satisfied ...enjoyed my holiday felt protected and secured until my safe return

As I have stated , I'm satisfied that I was covered on my medical conditions . I enjoyed my holiday because I know that I am protected and secured until my safe return. Show details ·  1
Chris W.
Chris W.WAPerth, WA
  Comprehensive Plan

Best investment for peace of mind

I had done my research before purchasing this insurance policy and found that the underwriters were a reputable company and that gave me a sense of peace of mind.The premium was very competitive but provided cover for declared medical issues with no excessive overloading fees.I have already recommended the company and will use them in my future travels. Show details ·  1

Victoria P.
Victoria P. · Worldcare Travel Insurance

question do you cover when a Australian citizen that is already overseas in America and leaving to go to london for 3 months before returning home to australia..

Neil McLean
Neil McLean · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

We are interested in Comprehensive or Essentials cover. Key questions are:
1 What restrictions or exclusions apply to the medical and evacuation cover?
2 What restrictions or exclusions apply to the flights/trip cancellation or disrution cover?
3 Is there an excess with either policy?
4 What claim requirements exist for lost luggage or the theft of individual items like cameras, laptops and ipads? Except for Syb's laptop all items are over two years old with no receipts available. Are they covered?
Come back as soon as work pressure allows.
Cheers,
Neil

Sheila t
Sheila t · Worldcare Travel Insurance

I would like cover for travel to UK then river cruise Budapest to Amsterdam return to UK before travel back to Australia. Dates 26 8 22 - 28 9 22 inclusive. I am aged 85 and am triple covid vaccinated

Features

• If you're travelling internationally, there is Comprehensive or Essentials Travel Insurance available for one-off international trips.
  • For Comprehensive cover there are optional extras offered for a snow pack, cruise pack or adventure pack.
  • The multi-trip policy for international travel is available if you frequently travel within a 12 month period. You can select the maximum journey length to be 15 days, 30 days or 45 days (this maximum length must stay consistent with all trips).
  • Domestic travel insurance for single trips is also available, which excludes medical and hospital bills.
  • There is a general exclusion preventing claims arising from pandemics (with the exception that you have been diagnosed with COVID-19).
  • These policies are available to senior travellers, however for the Essentials and Multi-Trip Insurance policies, travellers must be under the age of 75 years at the time the policy is issued.

Points of praise

• Claiming is easy and straightforward, and Worldcare staff are friendly and helpful during the claims process.
  • Coverage is promised to protect against a wide range of eventualities when travelling, which gave policyholders peace of mind.
  • Those who had to claim often reported that claims were approved quickly and without fuss. This is especially the case for medical expenses.
  • Competitively priced premiums that were sometimes less than half the price of other companies' policies were a definite plus point for reviewers.
  • It’s easy to set up a policy and check what the exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions are.
Compare all Worldcare Travel Insurance listings
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 101 years old75 years old75 years old101 years old
Conditions

*where used, the term ‘Unlimited’ only means there is no capped dollar sum insured. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply - refer to the Policy Benefits and General Exclusions sections of the PDS for details.

Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Unlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey $50,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$50,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$25,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$10,000$5,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $6,000$6,000$3,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included