Costs vs Age

Most people don't get the chance to travel overseas until they have retired. By that time they will most probably fall into the age group that attracts an age based levy on their insurance premium. For example a couple aged 32 and 40 travelling to Vanuatu for 1 week in December 2019 will be quoted $93.66 for Comprehensive Duo cover. However a couple aged 71, 79 will be quoted $244.91 for the same cover. As we are a couple aged 71, 79 the "value for money" component no longer exists with us.

We have used Worldcare Travel Insurance probably more than 20 occasions for overseas travel and maybe 5 to 10 times for travel in Australia. We have not had any need to lodge a claim.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia, Europe, Middle East, New Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii), Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

No problems

Easy to arrange and easy to extend after original travel plan changed. As there were no issues during the trip it is not possible to comment on whether ‘after care’ is effective. I would try this product again.

Good value policy

Good value and simple to set up. Not had to claim, and have used the policy before. Would use again. And recommend to others for peace of mind for their trips

A must when travelling.

The policy was of excellent value and easy to set up.
This was the first time we've used this insurance company and we would recommend this company to others needing travel insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo

Any chance of having a multiple travel insurance plan for someone below the age of 78?

Being a frequent traveler, I was sent an email that a Multiple Travel Insurance Plan is the way to go about it. However, when I rang up but was told that I was not eligible because I was 76. As I travel overseas 4-6 times annually, I find it a hassle having to answer all the questions each time I want a travel insurance. I have been using your company for the past 3-4 years and happy with the services I received.

Travel Insurance for 70yrs+

There were some inconsistencies in the health questions which took up a little time. Overlapping areas ditto for some health concerns. Compared to other insurers it represented good value. I looked at "Choice" for guidance. We had no claims. This is the first time that we have used this Insurer. All processes were completed on-line.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for this Colin! Regards, Anthony.

Low cost for cover

Whilst we did not make a claim, the product was the best for cover and price. This is the second time we have used this travel cover. Both times was the lowest cost for highest cover.

Thanks Dave!

Peace of Mind

traveled to Phuket, safe and fun trip.
No claim required.But good to know we had insurance. Was great value and good coverage.
Have claimed in the past, was hassle free.
Recommended

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the feedback and for recommending us!

2-week overseas holiday

Reasonable price for comprehensive cover and peace of mind. Easy to set up and understand the cover/policy. I did not need to claim, so I have no experience/comment on that process.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Alyce, thank you for your positive review.

Tour of Myanmar and China

We have used worldcare travel insurance a number of times now - easy to organise and reasonably priced- luckily we haven’t had to claim so can’t comment on the claims process

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Hi, thank you for your positive review.

Wonderful cover for Overseas Travel

I use Worldcare Travel Insurance whenever I travel anywhere. Great value, good coverage, easy to set up. When travelling overseas, it is good to know you are covered for anything that may arise.. I have never made a claim, but they are a trusted company.

DestinationAfrica
Claim MadeNo

Did not need to use but nice to know it was there

Took out the Policy as the company agreed to cover my travel in Iran. I did not need to use the policy. But for peace of mind it was there. Thus cannot comment on any claims experience. Whilst I was overseas, I decided also to go to Lebanon and without any fuss it was included in the policy very quickly.

DestinationMiddle East
Claim MadeNo
Hi Julie, thank you for your positive feedback.

Not worth the money

Turned out to be very expensive, not sure if it was age related, but our daughter managed to get a quote, 1 week less but 1/5 of the price.
Didn’t cover our needs, would have liked to have extended our stay due to family illness but insurance didn’t cover the cost to change the flights.
Not sure if I have used it beforehand.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Deb, thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the cost of your policy on this occasion. Regards, Tegan

Works for me

Its insurance peace of mind. Always use World Care. Easy online and reasonable rates. Even within Australia, Worldcare is great for hire car excess insurance compared to the excess the car hire insurance offers you. Never had a claim yet though. Suits me.

Claim MadeNo
It's great to hear from a regular customer, thanks for the review Peter! Kind regards, Tegan

Easy to apply

After checking online ratings and other people's reviews we decided to go with this insurance company. A lot of the ratings were based on applying for the insurance. But we concentrated on ratings from people who had actually claimed . We also found a lot of the other insurance policies were underwritten by overseas companies and one was even under written by an overseas boat insurance company.The application process was very straight forward and easy. Even when we were stipulating our pre existing medical conditions it was easy.

Claim MadeNo
Thank you Michelle - that's fantastic feedback and great to hear! Kind regards, Tegan

Reliable

Peace of mind. Always ready to help. Easy to talk to over the phone. Thanks Worldcare. Always been very helpful. This is the 2nd time I have used your insurance company

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
That's great to hear, thanks Cat! Regards, Tegan

Economical Insurance

The policy was easy to set up on-line - various choices were offered so I could assess the cost options for each. This is the second time I have used World Care Travel Insurance. Before purchasing, I compared the policy with other companies and WCTI came out as being the best value for money.

Hi Jan, thanks for the review! Regards, Tegan

Great correspondence

Called in for phone assistance. They spent the time to understand my needs and I felt happy to take out insurance with the peace of mind all was done correctly. Thank you so much

Thanks for the great feedback Terry! Regards, Tegan

Wonderful to be able to get overseas travel, when you are over 80.

Yes. I am 82. In good health, on the same medication for years. I did not have to get a report from my Doctor. Very pleased to use your travel insurance.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Michael! Regards, Anthony.

A Good Deal

I travelled to Europe and the USA in April 2018 and now in August 2019 wanted to do another round the world trip. My insurer of last year wanted to increase my premium five fold. As I had made no claim previously nor had anything other than my age increased by a year I declined to proceed. World care were the best balanced alternative in value for what I needed.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony.

Cant believe the amount of reviews and not ONE of them actually had a CLAIM , the real value of an insurer is only known when a claim is made so I'm baffled as to how / why the reviews are being made ???

Hi do you cover pre existing condition such as AVR HEART VALVE which is Aortic Valve Replacement and husband is on warfarin thanks
Hi John, best to call our contact centre 1800 008 614 to check on this. Regards, Anthony.

What is the age limit acceptable for seniors
The product disclosure information states that 74 years is the maximum age that can be insured. Of course there are many other limitations eg medical, but you need to carefully read the online information.Hi, this varies depending on the plan - see page 12 of the PDS - https://travel.worldcare.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS

Worldcare Travel Insurance - Basic PlanWorldcare Travel Insurance - Essentials PlanWorldcare Travel Insurance - Comprehensive PlanWorldcare Travel Insurance - Multi-Trip PlanWorldcare Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1800 008 6141800 008 6141800 008 6141800 008 6141800 008 614
Email Address sales@worldcare.com.ausales@worldcare.com.ausales@worldcare.com.ausales@worldcare.com.ausales@worldcare.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old74 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$25,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400 (up to $400 per week, max 26 weeks)$10,400 (up to $400 per week, max 26 weeks)Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$25,000$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$5,000$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$3,000$3,000 plus optional additional cover up to $6,000$3,000 plus optional additional cover up to $6,000$3,000 plus optional additional cover up to $6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot Included$500$500Not Included