AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Rates and Fees

Watch out for insurance trap when joining up

They claim that you can increase your insurance within 120 days of joining without detailed health checks but if you so much as touch the insurance settings when you join up (e.g change your work rating to professional) then you can longer increase your insurance cover. Either pointlessly bureaucratic or deliberately making sure very few people can actually take up their 'special offer'. Reading some of these other reviews maybe it is a blessing in disguise and I'll just keep my death and TPD insurance with my current provider.

Jane

JaneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I want my money back

I applied online to close a small super fund 3rd Jan 2020, my I.D and tax file number were accepted as I.D but as the account uses my initials instead of full name I was told by email and when I rang that I had to get stat decs signed changing the account name. This is ongoing and each time I contact them I get told something different needs changing as I have not changed my name I fail to see why I have to submit stat decs...they are just refusing to give me my money.

Ant

AntPerth, WA

Very Happy !

In response to Sam from Melbourne saying SunSuper has 0.1% fees compared to 0.6% for AusSuper, this is totally wrong.

SunSuper has an admin fee of $1.50 per week plus 0.1% of your balance. AusSuper charges $2.25 pw and nothing more. For most people AusSuper would be cheaper.

AusSuper's Balanced option charges 0.6% Management fee whilst SunSuper's Balanced option charges 0.81% Management fee.

I can't comment about AusSuper's customer service, but performance wise I'm extremely happy. Their returns are consistently amongst the best and my Super balance has risen tenfold in the past 11 years.

Like most organisations these days, they are trying to cut costs by having the customer do everything online which is fine by me.

John50

John50AU

Rollover super money new account

I selected Australian Super (AS) as the union I was a member of stated that you should invest your money in a industry fund and the size of funds that AS have in management was also taken into consideration.

Opening an online account was relative easy, the hardest part was dealing with the amount of time it took for the rollover monies to enter my account, twenty three working days, many phone calls made and many different answers received, in the end the money was deposited in my account with earnings.

It was a terrible start but got there in the end I will post an updated review in twelve months, AS can be difficult to deal with customer service but once you indicate that you are unhappy they lift their game.

Pablo Z.

Pablo Z.Gippsland, VIC

Terrible, misleading, inaccurate information and lack of credibility.

Rod

RodGippsland, VIC

TPD Claim

I recently submitted a claim with Australian Super for Total Permanent Disability. I rang Australian Super and checked if my paperwork was correct and if they need any other information, they responded they did not require further and the paperwork looked good, they then have told it will take six months to assess my claim. Why, I asked does it take half a year to pay me, they stated that is the timeline it takes.

Dillon

DillonSouth East Queensland, QLD

No access.

I have no access to my Super account, for over a year ive sent requests and messages but they dont respond.

Am changing companies, cant trust them with my money.

A V

A V

Happy to switch from a low return retail fund

I am very happy with Australian Super after switching from a retail fund with high fees & terrible returns. The app makes my life so easy & I can see how much my super balance has increased since joining as well as employer contributions very quickly without needing to log on to my computer.

Eva

EvaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Service, terrible online tools

Ante P.

Ante P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP OFF

Phil

PhilIllawarra, NSW

No good if you want the money

I have been with this fund for several years, during this time they had no contact other than the website. I retired two years ago and tried to get some money. They think they own my money and refused payment. In the process of changing funds. If you want your money dont touch this mob!

Massive Rip Off

I saw the adds changed employers and I had them pay my super into Australian Super. When I finally got a membership number I went online only to find that out of $1,055 contributed what was in the account was $95 the rest was taken up with insurance fees with Death $9000 total disability $5000 and income protection 2,600 a month. I have to contribute to super why to get ripped for coverage. When you have a lot in an account your not aware how much they are siphoning off. This company does not care about your future only its

t t

Tanya C.

Tanya C.

Poorest customer service

Anne

AnneMelbourne

Can't retrieve my money and non-existent customer service

Direct share option

Australian Super offer an option (member direct ) where you can invest directly in ASX shares. Fees are higher for this option, But over all I think fees are reasonable.
This direct share option is not offered by many other super funds.
Also returns on their general balanced funds are OK.
As mentioned by others their customer service can be slow to reply to enquiries

ramjet

ramjetSydney, NSW

Avoid this Fund

As an employer I have not had one acceptable or positive experience dealing with this super fund. Very poor service. Recommend avoiding them & I make sure to share my experiences with my employees so they can make an informed decision when choosing which fund to choose.

Bob

BobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Improvement Needed

Returns are good, fees are low, online self service is great, but be prepared to wait if you need to speak to someone. Customer service needs some improvement. Phone and webchat not very efficient.

chris w

chris wMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT !

I have tried many times to contact customer service via phone and even left emails but nobody from Australian super has ever got back to me ?? i'm beginning to think there isn't any customer service at all ! I am so disappointed with their lack of non customer care service "which their doesn't appear to be any" My advice to anybody looking for super is to shop around ..

SBA

SBASydney

THEY WANT YOU TO DO EVERYTHING ONLINE AND NOT PHONE THEM

Trac

TracSydney, NSW

Charge insurance even you opt for no cover

I was open accounts with them
When received the welcome letter with insurance form. I was chosen no insurance cover on the form. 2 weeks later I asked work to paid my super. Today (3days after) they still deducted the money for insurance.
Why?
I want to swear

Sam H.

Sam H.asked

Has anyone made a claim on life insurance and super on behalf of someone
I’ve done all the requirements to make a claim on my late mother’s account who suddenly passed away 3 months ago I can not get through to them about where it’s at and they never respond to calls or email can someone help if they have had a similar situation and got it resolved I have outstanding bills of hers I need to pay I just want everything to be over with :(

Suelorr
Suelorr

I have been helping someone but you must make sure everything is correct on application as they try to delay payment

Alex Smith

AustralianSuper will try and not pay you out.... The big boss owns a lambo and hopes to pay it off with its customers fee's... Change your super company and you won't have an issue.

Judith A. Walsh

Judith A. Walshasked

What was the last six months interest returns on a pension superannuation?

Toad
Toad

Cant help you here
After almost 7 weeks of frustration to access my money ,I rolled over my money to another fund ..Had enough of AUSTRALIAN SUPER's ABYSMAL customer service

Alex Smith

-70%.... Any profits you make with this company, they ensure to take it off you in fee's and charges. You will only be in 0.5% positive gearing with this mob... They are worse than pay day loan sharks!

Elvira Fleming

Elvira Flemingasked

Hi Good Morning ! I would like to transfer my super annuition and join your company please give me an advice?
thank,
Elvira Fleming

Garf
Garf

Hi Elvira! Before you do this, it may be best to go to a Super comparason site to find the best product (features and fees).

Andrew
Andrew

DON'T do it! Go somewhere else.

jule61
jule61

Ok. It is concerning that Elvira Fleming asked this question a year ago and no one from Australian Super has gotten back to her. To Australian Super - where is your response?
I suppose they may have a policy of not responding to comments in social media, but productreview.com.au is the most accessed review website in Australia. To ignore comments and questions on this site would be unwise.