AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper

1.5

• Rates and Fees

Poor website service, poor customer service, needs entire overhaul.

Got employer number & no temporary password. No reset password because verification emails never arrive. Received letter with employer number, still no password. Letter contained address for employers login...... webpage down.

Christopher

ChristopherPerth, WA

Poor customer culture

Recently I applied to withdraw about 5% of my super from Australian Super.I'm over 65 so thought there would be no problem.I submitted the appropriate form more than two weeks ago with the website promising a response in 5 working days.I got no response.After two weeks and several frustrating phone calls " we can't tell you when you'll receive the money,you'll just have to wait,no I can't put you through to a supervisor" .I have no idea when my funds will be released and no one will tell me.
Australian Super produces good returns but their customer culture is full of the endemic cultural arrogance commonly found in large financial institutions.
Proceed with care.

Income Protection

Banging my head against a brick wall with this lot-No stars

Changed my membership number without informing the customer,sent my personal details to the wrong address!I am receiving the run around with this lot! If I have to clarify my details again with another long winded phone call ,I am going to SCREAM...How did they get it so wrong!

Steve

SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Cannot trust call centre information

Charles_Galea

Charles_GaleaSydney, NSW

Great disappointment

I transferred my super to these novices just before Christmas. Honestly compared to my previous super group Aus Super has dropped by an extra 15 percent during the pandemic ,and I curse the so called friend who recommended them .
They claim to be biggest.
BIGGEST LOSERS !

Danielle

DanielleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

John Dixon

Not sure how a person who's company (Redstar Transport) went broke and couldn't pay it's 600 workers a day before Xmas is on the board. Govenment ended up paying the redundancies!

Sandi

SandiSydney, NSW

Stay Away from this Fund

I have tried for a month to transfer my money to another fund which doesn't have huge account fees. I have just spent 54 minutes on the phone saying the same thing that I have said in my past 4 phone calls. They are difficult and obstructive when you are attempting to obtain information regarding transfer.

Appalling customer service

Continually ignored requests for information and would not call back.
Unable to talk to relevant department. Had to wait 6 months for a transfer of funds. Staff rude and disinterested

Suzanne K

Suzanne KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I could give no stars

Their behaviour is borderline criminal. 6 months trying to get my name changed on my account so I can roll over the funds. Despite giving them everything they've asked for, they still haven't done that & continue to stonewall me. Don't give them your money, you'll never get it back!!!

Jess Wood

Jess WoodPerth, WA

Terrible service

Terrible service, have been trying to make a voluntary contribution as an employer for months now. Everytime I call or use the online chat system, I get given different, contradicting information. One week I am an authorised contact, the next week no one can speak with me because I am not. No one seems to know what is going on or is willing to help. Worst experience!

Cathy

CathySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointing stance on climate

Very disappointed to see that in 2019 Australia's biggest superannuation fund reduced its support for climate-related proposals compared to previous years ('Two Steps Forward, One Step Back', ACCR). A secure retirement is as much about a safe and secure place to live as it is about money. "At BHP's annual meeting last year, AustralianSuper, Unisuper and Mercer were the only three funds to vote against a resolution that asked the mining giant to exit memberships of lobby groups considered to undermine the Paris Agreement goals, according to the report." (The Sydney Morning Herald, 8 June 2020). Disgraceful.

John. B

John. BPerth, WA

Found them great

I’ve been with Aus m Super for about 10 years now and found them one of the best.
Most others I have been forced to sign with an employer, and they ware poor, but Aus Super has been great.
They’ve been very responsive and it was easy to consolidate all my supers through them.

Ace

AceSydney, NSW

Don't even consider them!!!!

I went to them and they hit me with ridiculous amounts of fees as soon as money went into their account. I was hit with 9 different fees for one single month!!!! I asked why they took so much for fees and they didn't have much to say. I have been in minus ever since. If you want to see your money disappear, then go to Australian Super! That should be their commercial. I am now transferring my super to a more trusted super fund.

Rickster

RicksterPerth, WA

Deeply Concerning Performance

sheldon m.

sheldon m.Mid West, WA

Applied for early release of superannuation 2 months ago, still waiting

Applied for early release of superannuation 2months ago, rectified my bank details ova 2-3 weeks ago, even though I also done this upon submitting application and still nothing, been with the fund for quite sometime

RobMelbourne

Zero stars

Shutters

ShuttersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just Pathetic

Oliver NNorth West, QLD

Update, original review left for others to see.

Chris McDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't touch them. They deserve no stars.

Luke B.

Luke B.

Waiting two times longer than was told for my money

They said I would have my money within 5 days it's been weeks and I still haven't gotten it.
I called them and they said "It's being double checked for safety cautions you wouldn't want your money going to the wrong place would you? This makes no sense.

Samuel P.

Samuel P.asked

Has anyone received there money yet? Surely it will all come it at once for all of us?

Oliver N

Eventually yes. Shortly after posting here i contacted them again and demanded to talk to someone higher up. They basically said that my claim was flagged like several others. In my review I said they had no record of my claim, I then found out that was a lie. I confirmed all my details and about 5 days later I recieved the money. To be honest I am now happy the way they handled my situation, of course the beginning was a nightmare, but I do have a bit of sympathy. I suggest ringing, demanding to talk to someone else, or make a formal complaint.

Chris McD

I lodged a complaint with AFCA it was resolved in 36 hours, 12 hours after I signed with another super fund.

Chris McD

I did ring them repeated and ask to be put thru to a supervisor. I got text message the next day. No help at all.

Gq S.

Gq S.asked

Did anyone get there money yet

Not me, approved on 21st

Rigw

Nah not yet still waiting, I have no idea what’s going on over there

Rigwasked

Did anyone get paid out there super yet? I’ve been waiting since the 22nd of April without any proper answers

Rob

Mine was approved 21st and I have absolutely no progress. It seems that Se people have been paid going on the reviews.

Rigw

Yeah I just don’t understand what’s going on everyone I know with other funds it took 1-2 days and they got the money it’s really upsetting

Other Industry Super Funds