AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper

See the Best Industry Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unnecessary forms and hoops to jump threw

My wife was with Australian super unfortunately she passed away on a holiday to Bali to many forms I dont know the answer to doctors names addresses over there ect/

Eric L.

Eric L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap on boarding process. Can't transfer super.

Opened an account trying to transfer my super. I get a whole bunch of emails and a unstreamlined online account activation process followed by hours of trying to get the account working just so I can figure out the account name in the transfer form. I've never seen a business make it so hard to give them money. The username and password reset as well as phone customer services doesn't help and gives a generic - we can't help you at the moment error. Take your money elsewhere folks because Australian Super Doesn't want it = (

RobMelbourne

Interesting customer service

Antonio

AntonioPerth, WA

Waiting 2 yrs for an income Protection claim

Australian super is a joke waiting 2 yrs for income protection claim to go thru eventho dr said I can not work again. They don’t bother calling to update I had to make a formal complaint to get any response put ur money somewhere else.

Income Protection

Nightmare dishonesty disguised in incompetence

Goodies

GoodiesQueensland, Australia

Not good customer service

Been with this mob for around ten years.

Haven’t had much to do with them until today, Oct 3 2019.

I called them to enquire about death and sickness insurance which I have.

The woman, a “Ms Molly” was extremely rude.

Unacceptable and should the enevitable happen, the last thing children, wife need is to deal with such absent understanding when they make the claim.

Time to change!

Rastus

RastusMid North Coast, NSW

Good super fund - Good returns

About 2 years ago I transferred my super from Macquarie Bank to Australian Super. After approximately 6 months, I closed my super account and opened a Retirement Income Account as I had reached 60. I had no issues with closing or opening these accounts. To date, I have made 3 additional withdrawals from my Retirement Income Account with no problems what so ever. The money was deposited into my nominated bank account in a timely manner. I have found their fees to be reasonable and the returns on my investment to be more than satisfactory. I do not have ANY OTHER financial products with Australian Super and accordingly, I have only commented on my Super and Retirement Income accounts.

Shirley

ShirleyPerth, WA

deeply regret our going with Australian Super

Derek L

Derek L

Extremely be disappointing, If I could give zero star, I would

I joined them on 1st September 2019, my employer deposited very first payment $453.38 on 13th September, I then realised their TPD insurance premium was extremely high compare to my old super fund, that's why I asked to stop any kind of insurance with completed forms and mentioned I do not wish or require any insurance with them by 11th September. Finally, when I rollover the money from Australian Super to my old super fund, the money I've got back from them was only $314.59. During 15 days, I lost $138 to them. There was no cooling period whatsoever.

Bellaqueensland

BellaqueenslandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service is beyond rediculous. RUDE

Account was opened in my married name, transferred over from my ex without my permission.
I have been trying for 5 months to transfer the remaining money out (yeah cause they opened it in the wrong name, without my permission and charged me fees for doing so) to my other amazing super fund and I'm still being made to jump through hoops to prove who I am, even though I've provided them with certified documentation.
It's disgusting.
Do not choose this super!!!

Gil H

Gil HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Australian Supper Stuffed up My Appointment with them

SuelorrWestern Australia

6 years to process a claim supposed to be 90days

2013 placed a claim for TPD AND INCOME PROTECTION claim lost. Two and a half years ago claim was made again. Still not finalised because my medical report was done 18mths ago they are supposed to pay on a claim in 90 days not two and a half years. My report would not be 18 months old if they had processed the claim on time.

Mohit

MohitGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shocking customer service

I wanted to read my insurance PDS, the customer care lady not only did not understand what I was looking for she treated me like a fool. After realizing that she was in the wrong all along she just hung up. I am taking my money and running.

Simon T.

Simon T.Sydney, NSW

Terrible initial experience

Pathetic Service

Transferred by direct debit $40000 several weeks ago as a contribution and despite two phone calls which took forever to answer and an email I still do not know where this contribution is and it is not in my account.

Hari

HariCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Just moved from AMP to AUS SUPER

Arose

ArosePerth, WA

This fund is not worth your time

I had set up an account at the start of a job and after 3 months super was paid in when i rang Australian super they told me i had 3 lots of fees taken out as they were managing the account. How can they do anything if no money in account. Also fees are much higher than other funds like host plus. Trying to get the money out has been a joke and yesterday they told me if the account earns money i won't be able to withdraw but then friday next week it would go down again by $10 and I would then have to redo the process to withdraw again. Shocking customer service, high fees for doing nothing. Would not recommend or use this company ever again

ROBERT E.

ROBERT E.Southwest, VIC

Shocking service

They do not respond to telephone calls nor emails.Still waiting on where my contribution is which was made several weeks ago.
Also have concerns about bringing their investment management inhouse when past performance has been good

They make a delay to make payment and Customer service is unsatisfactory

I had trouble in getting income protection on time and I could not contact the case officer even after attempting multiple times. Finally the manager of the relevant department came into the scene and resolved the matter. The customer service specially the case officer disappointed me. The case officer was very supportive at the beginning but eventually has become a big frustration for me.

Adz

AdzAU

One of the best...

I have found this fund to be easy to set up, easy to transfer funds to, has a good price on insurances and offers adequate investment options. I have performed a few investment changes and these have been processed within a timely manner. Their communication is clear and the have a daily news service (via email) which I have found to be valuable. My returns have exceeded expectations. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever.

Sam H.

Sam H.asked

Has anyone made a claim on life insurance and super on behalf of someone
I’ve done all the requirements to make a claim on my late mother’s account who suddenly passed away 3 months ago I can not get through to them about where it’s at and they never respond to calls or email can someone help if they have had a similar situation and got it resolved I have outstanding bills of hers I need to pay I just want everything to be over with :(

Suelorr

I have been helping someone but you must make sure everything is correct on application as they try to delay payment

Judith A. Walsh

Judith A. Walshasked

What was the last six months interest returns on a pension superannuation?

Toad
Toad

Cant help you here
After almost 7 weeks of frustration to access my money ,I rolled over my money to another fund ..Had enough of AUSTRALIAN SUPER's ABYSMAL customer service

Elvira Fleming

Elvira Flemingasked

Hi Good Morning ! I would like to transfer my super annuition and join your company please give me an advice?
thank,
Elvira Fleming

Garf
Garf

Hi Elvira! Before you do this, it may be best to go to a Super comparason site to find the best product (features and fees).

Andrew
Andrew

DON'T do it! Go somewhere else.

jule61
jule61

Ok. It is concerning that Elvira Fleming asked this question a year ago and no one from Australian Super has gotten back to her. To Australian Super - where is your response?
I suppose they may have a policy of not responding to comments in social media, but productreview.com.au is the most accessed review website in Australia. To ignore comments and questions on this site would be unwise.

CategoryIndustry Funds