Lux, 2019

Pros

• Front, back or sibling facing

• Automatic locking mechanism

• 16 or 20 configuration options

Cons

• Can be heavy for some

• Suitable for Running Yes (12) · No (13)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage
Ashleigh

AshleighGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fabric Fades

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Thank you for your review Ashleigh, please contact our customer service team at inbox@tabc.com.au and they will be able to assist you. Thank you

Vincent

VincentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Strong, sturdy, versatile, and looks great

We bought the city select lux for our 2 kids. It has been on long haul flights, and used on multiple surfaces and everything still works smoothly. We love the seat accessory enabling our older daughter to sit while the baby is in the seat at the same time. Works a treat when out for a shopping trip. The under pram storage also is quite large so we could put in all the baby things we need plus our shopping as well. It is a bit heavy to lift but if you take the seats off first it is much easier. We also love the dark blue colour - it is quite classy.

Purchased at eBay.

SFS

SFSVictoria

One of the best investments

Bought this pram after massive research online and in-stores. Couldn't be happier.
Very satisfied with Baby Jogger City Select, I went for walks, runs, grocery shopping, to malls, took them on the bus. They're just so user friendly. They look big and heavy because of the double pram design but not that heavy when it comes to folding and unfolding. The basket underneath is great for holding my grocery/shopping.
Good handle grip, smooth running wheels.
It's been three years and it still works just perfect. I'm now using it for my second baby.
Baby is always comfortable on that seat, never bought any pram liners etc.
Most of the cup holders don't work with this pram, that's the only downside I could think of.
Overall, excellent product!

Purchased in December 2016 at Baby Bunting for $799.00.

Kay Dee

Kay DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this pram.

Really impressed with this pram - had it fir 6 years now & it is still in good condition. It is super sturdy and very easy to push. Great size basket underneath & the option of a second seat which isn’t squished in near the wheels is great. We also had attachments for the capsule which worked very good. My kids have all loved going in it so it must be comfy & the material of the seats is easy to deattach & wash. Would recommend.

Purchased in May 2015 at Baby Bunting for $1,200.00.

Charlotte

CharlottePerth, WA

How to buy second seat

I currently have city select pram with 2 seats I want to buy brand new seats, how do I know which seats to buy? Do all seats fit the pram. Is there any way I can give you my model number of the pram to double check?

Mel

MelPerth, WA

Great quality pram

The lovely staff at Baby Bunting recommended this pram to me based on my intended use. So far it's doing the job well. I gave it 4 stars only because it was a little difficult to put together, but this is my first pram so perhaps they're all a bit difficult to assemble. The bassinet is also a nice addition. Recommended.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting for $950.00.

Taya

TayaHunter Region, NSW

OMG BEST PRAM EVER

I love this pram!! I tried Steele craft Savvy and did not like it at all. This pram has changed my life! I will be buying another one when this one wears out. The only thing is i wish it layed flat for when they are sleeping.

Purchased in April 2019 for $180.00.

ssoul88

ssoul88South West, WA

Everything I was looking for

I bought this pram after recommendations from friends. It has so far lived up to my expectations. Its very easy to fold, fits nicely in the back of the car and having the larger wheels means I can take it on any terrain with ease. Its very easy to push and navigate around small spaces. I bought a second seat also for two babies and I've been able to fold it up and lift the frame myself with ease.

Purchased in April 2019.

Rebecca J

Rebecca JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can’t live without my baby jogger

I absolutely love the baby jogger city select. Great for all terrain. And the basket under the seat is massive. I have had no issues with the pram whatsoever. I also love the bassinet.

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Thank you for your review Rebecca, we are very happy to hear you love your City Select!

Shan

ShanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The 4WD of prams!

We needed a pram that would handle rough terrain as we live on a 70 acre bush block as well as accommodate a tall heavy baby and this pram suits us down to the ground. It is large, has a bit of weight to it and isn't the prettiest pram but it turns on a dime and I can push it one handed down the grocery isle while sipping coffee in the other. It also smoothly handles our walks around the property everyday, has been a perfect fit for our bubs so far and is super comfy. It may not look the best but its the perfect easy all purpose pram for us, we love it!

Purchased in September 2019.

Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage
Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Good afternoon Shan, thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear you love your pram.

Rimon A.

Rimon A.Southwest, VIC

Pure garbage. Do not buy. Adjusters jam up after a while and you cannot do anything with it.

After a while, the circular adjusters on the seat frames will seize up entirely and will be locked in a static position. This makes the seat frame useless, so you are forced to buy a new one, as you already have the pram frame. Also, zippers on the hoods are weak and break easily. Strongly recommend you get something else.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,200.00.

Peeb

PeebPerth, WA

Excellent Pram

Highly satisfied with the pram and its' quality. Ample space in the basket for shopping trips. A little bit more suspension could be added to make the ride smoother. Easy to fold and the seat and bassinet attachments are easy to attach and detach from the buttons.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Kasey R.

Kasey R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Okay pram it really disappointed with their warranty terms.

Purchased in December 2016 at Baby Bunting for $944.00.

Mark

Mark

could be better

solid construction, folds away easily and folds out easily. the clipping for the seat and bassinet attachments also are easy to install and detach. could do with more padding in the chair and suspension to give the little ones a softer ride.

clarerichards101

clarerichards101Central West, NSW

Terrible customer service

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,900.00.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Reached out to me? No, thats not the case. You made it clear that you were not going to help me and left it at that. Again, theres no excuse for bad customer service.

Sacdaddy

SacdaddyMurray Region, NSW

This is the B-double of prams!

Hi all we have the babyjogger city select lux. The pram is great built strong and easy to use and more than enough storage underneath. We are about to have baby no.2 and we have found converting this pram into a 2 seater is really easy and parts are available readily at baby bunting and even more so second hand on Facebook market place with minimal use. Quality of the fabric is great as well. The only thing I would consider when buying this pram is if you have small boot space forget it, we have a prado and it takes up a fair amount of room. Also when its unfolded its pretty long. Other than that its a fantastic pram that will last.

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting for $1,100.00.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Hi Sacdaday, so great to hear you love your stroller!!
Kind regards,

Susan D

Susan D

Finding the pram great other than seat adapters

We bought a Baby Jogger City Select for our twins this year 2019 and are very happy so far. The only issue we are having is with the adapters. We bought a City select 2015 model as a second pram and the adapters from our new pram don’t fit the 2015 model unless you jam them in making it difficult to get them out again to use them on the 2019 model. Other than this we are loving the pram

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,200.00.

ccd26Gippsland, VIC

Very sturdy but experienced a lot of fading.

Absolutely love this pram and the basket is a great size, however the hood has faded so much! Really disappointing because I’ve never left it outside when not being used, it’s always been stored in my spare room. I’ve been using it for 7 months (most of that time being winter) and it looks years old already. Makes me wish I went with a different brand considering how expensive it was.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,250.00.

ccd26

I thought it was unusual too because I haven’t read a single other review about fading.
Will do, thanks!

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

Thanks CCD26! We look forward to receiving your claim.

Kind regards

Macaela1

Macaela1South East Queensland, QLD

Best pram by a mile!

I have found this pram to be excellent! I love the versatility, and switch between using the bassinet and car capsule every day. The under storage is huge and has a great weight capacity, which is very handy for shopping! The pram pushes very smoothly and handles well off road. The canopy is very generous and stretches down so far that it completley covers all sun from getting in - it just does get quite hot in there when everything is closed up.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $1,200.00.

Baby Jogger C.Baby Jogger

So glad you have LOVE your stroller!!
Kind regards

Karen P

Karen PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

LOVE it. after a bugaboo

Jess L.

Jess L.asked

City Select

With a baby jogger city select pram can you put a baby jogger bassinet into the pram?

Brittany

Brittanyasked

City Select

I have the city select luxe stroller- will a city select bassinet kit that was purchased in 2016 be compatible with the seat?

Hi Brittany,

Thank you for reaching out in regards to your Select LUX bassinet option.
Unfortunately the bassinet footbar and fabric press studs are different on the original City Select Bassinet Kits making them not compatible with one another.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with.

Kind Regards,

CUSTOMER SERVICE
E inbox@theamazingbabycompany.com.au
P (03) 8872 6772

Jacquelyn

Jacquelynasked

City Select Lux

Does the select lux bassinet fit on any of the smaller single prams?

Hi Jacquelyn,

Unfortunately no, the City Select LUX Bassinet is only compatible with the City Select LUX Stroller.

Which stroller do you have so we can advise which Bassinet is compatible?

Kind Regards
Debra
Baby Jogger Customer Service Team

See all Baby Jogger City Select questions

Get an answer from our members and Baby Jogger representatives

City Select Lux

An all-terrain stroller featuring all-wheel suspension, the $1295 City Select Lux features 20 different configurations that make versatility a very foreseeable option.

Features

• Along with the second pram seat, you also have the option to add a glider board, bassinet, or infant car seat.
  • A range of seating options allow children to face in a number of directions - either facing forwards, backwards or facing their sibling or companion. You can even add a bench seat for toddlers or older children.
  • Automatic locking after the stroller folds up to its closed position makes it easier to cart around the pram under your arm before it goes back into a car boot.
  • A decelerating handbrake combined with the all-wheel suspension of this stroller help cater to a smoother ride for babies and toddlers.
  • The Lux version is slightly smaller than the City Select 2019, which makes it easier to pack away and store.

City Select 2019

The City Select 2019 is the slightly less premium version of the City Select Lux - it sells for $999 rather than the Lux price point of $1295.

Features

• 16 configurations include the option for bubs to face the world, their parent or carer, or their sibling that they’re sharing the pram ride with.
  • Multiple recline options and the ability to hold a total weight of around 20.4 kg per seat.
  • Easy fold mechanism allows you to lift the sides and simply have the pram fold itself. A lock is activated with a latch, to hold the folded pram in place.
  • Rear tires are filled with air, to help them traverse difficult, rough terrain.
  • Option to choose between either a swivelling or locking front wheel, for everyday use and jogging respectively.

Points of praise for the range

• Babies and toddlers were comfortable and perfectly content to enjoy a ride in the City Select prams.
  • A durable build quality gave mums, dads and carers confidence in their pram. These prams were described as resilient and also have longevity.
  • Works well travelling over rough surfaces, including the rough terrain of a 70-acre bush block, according to one reviewer.
  • Reviewers found the spacious under-seat storage highly convenient for popping their belongings in.
  • The bassinet add-on option was a fan favourite amongst reviewers.
Compare both Baby Jogger City Select
Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers and Double Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers and Double Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $999.00$1,295.00
Seating TypeSingleSingle
Convertible YesYes
Suitable Age0+ months0+ months
Max User Weight 20.5 kg20.5 kg
Seat OrientationReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Sold Separately)Yes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialSolidSolid