Baby Kingdom

See the Best Mother & Baby Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disgusting service

Absolutely worst service at the Bankstown store, they have no consideration for people who are ready to purchase - we went in to purchase a high chair, which our salesperson had to check was in stock and it turned out the other family also looking at chairs had also asked their salesperson about same chair. We were already at the counter ready to pay when they confirmed there was only one in stock. The other salesperson who seemed senior to ours and clearly wanted to make a sale claimed it for the other family even though they were STILL looking at high chairs, comparing prices and asking questions about other chairs and were obviously still trying to make up their mind. Obviously the sales person serving the other family wanted to make a sale, even though we had been ahead of them in line and were ready to buy on the spot. The salesperson we had could not have cared less and failed to offer an apology or an alternative resolution. When questioned, she made up an excuse saying that the other family had “pre-purchased” when it was obvious they clearly hadn’t as they were still looking at other chairs. This was our first time at Baby Kingdom and we will not be returning, nor will we be recommending this place to any of our friends.

Store LocationBankstown

Terrible

Visited Alexandria store on 14 May around 2pm,walk around in the store and looking for someone to show me how to use baby carrier..finally found one staff that could show me the function and how to put it on..my mum who can’t speak English try to ask her in simple English about the different of product,but this lady start showing her unhappy face,and when she serving us half way,my mum was asking her question about the product,but she walk away without any sorry and go to other customer who don even ask for her help..we standing beside and looking at her for 5mins but she still keep ignoring us..luckily there’s one guy who’s name [name removed] come to us and show us the product with patient..and finally we bought what we need..please hire a staff who will serve customer without choosing the skin colour

Store LocationAlexandria

They took two weeks to post an item in spite of advertising they ship within two days.

The Baby Kingdom online store were difficult to deal with in that it took them two weeks to send my order with no actual reason for the delay. The item was in stock and their webpage says they ship within two days. I was most upset with their communication as they kept promising they would send it and then just didn’t. Eventually my husband called them after 2 weeks and repeated false promises in email and they sent the item. But it’s ridiculous it took that level of persistence from us to get it sent. It took 3 weeks to receive the pram and it would’ve been longer if we hadn’t continued to enquire. My pram is great but I won’t buy from them again.

really good

If you go by the rules and read there terms and conditions, they will do the right thing by you.. happy with there business online! I would shop here again.

Fantastic service

I ordered a Baby Bassinet on Thursday Mid day to be delivered to Paddington Sydney. It was ready to be picked up from the Post Shop the very Next day. I am so very happy with the Excellent Service of prompt dispatch by Baby Kingdom and delivery by Australia post. Thank you very much to you both on a job well done.

Great

Great customer service offered even though we went with no idea.Well looked after and happy customer.
Definately returning for more furnitures

Excellent service

Excellent service with caring management and staff that really go the extra mile for their customers. Huge selection of quality products at competitive prices.

Worst online delivery experience I have had

Purchased $369.99 Glider with a $65.16 delivery fee with detail ‘please do not leave unattended at drop off’ Received an order confirmation via email and then no correspondence re delivery. I Emailed 11 days later following up. No phone call or correspondence about the delivery, I just came home the next day to find the large parcel on my door step.
I have recently had my home broken into and have holiday plans coming up.
I would like to know if Baby Kingdom would have replaced this if stolen.

Cheap and quick delivery

Ordered Phil & teds highchair and got it in 2 days. Can't fault anything. Excellent work. One happy customer here

Great Price and delivery

Ordered Bugaboo fox from website and arrived within 2 days. Everything was as requested and very happy with the deal on their website with flat rate shipping. Will be shopping online from here from now on. Thanks guys.

Great Service and Store Size

I was very impressed by not only the size of the Alexandria store but also the quality of the store layout and fixtures. I have been to other baby stores close to there that are extremely tight and cramped. All my furniture was delivered on time and without issue. Will recommend as it is not a run of the mill, generic baby shop.

Worst experience for a first time mother

I did my baby shower registry at BK castle hill and my inlaws went in and paid for the cot, drawer and changer set in August. They were told it would be a 2-3week turn around. We are now 3 days away from the baby shower only to get a call to say the items will not arrive till AFTER my baby is due which is mid November. As a first time expecting mother, I was hoping to have the nursery set up well in advance of the baby’s arrival not midway through parenting only to have our hands full with a baby and to have no cot, drawer or changing set. Not to mention then having to install it all while the baby is already here which is a stressful time as it is. The worst part is that they waited so long to let us know that we can’t even cancel and order anything else at this late stage as everything else has a 4-6 week waiting period too. Not to mention the 11 other things I ordered online which will apparently be dispatched on Monday the day after the baby shower. Pathetic service BK!! You’re in the wrong industry! Expecting parents are extra sensitive and you should be making their lives easier not adding to the stresses that they are dealing with!

Online order - very happy

I ordered a Baby Jogger City Mini GT online. When I ordered I noted that there would be a delay as they were out of stock of this colour for online orders and there would be a 2 to 3 week delay. Item arrived in the post (interstate) 10 days later!!

Excellent service!

I was at the Bankstown store yesterday and would like to say the staff are very knowledgeable, helpful and patient especially Daniella. I have come in twice and on both occasions she has been very helpful and found her to be very patient and she will go that extra mile to help you out. It’s not that often you see that anymore so thank you.

Great advice friendly service Bankstown Store

Will definitely purchase everything from here Team is very friendly and helpful,
Susan was very helpful on the phone and Charlie knows the floor and products making my choices easy.

Store Manager Steve is great But Misleading timelines on lay-by on goods

Update: Store Manager Steve was very helpful. Provided Loaner stroller, Free Delivery if required & absolutely great customer service. I wish the staff showed same approach.

------------------------ Original Review -------------------
My wife & I purchased Valco Baby Snap Ultra Trend in early July 2018. They did not have item in stock, so they offered to have it as lay-by with expected delivery in 3-4 weeks (Early August). We called them after 3 weeks to check if the item be available on time. At that time, they said it is & they will call us in next week or so.
We did not get the call. We waited for another 2 weeks before ringing them again.
After 5 weeks, we were informed that it is not due until end of August & followed by monologue how sorry they are. Apparently they knew from day one that the items expected delivery of the pram is end of august.
My wife is heavily pregnant now & solution by Baby Kingdom was to comeback & purchase something else.

Discounts are not genuine. Zero after sales service. No transparency. Very misleading.

We went to purchase a Bugaboo Twin Pram at the Alexandria store. The Bugaboo Represenative was very helpful and knowledgeable but had to leave. We were left with the Baby Kingdom staff to work out pricing given we were also going to get two car seats and two cots for our twins.

They were offering a discount of 20% off purchases above $2,500. Our pram alone had a RRP of $2800 however they were only going to offer a 15% discount on this. When questioned about this, they said that their prams were always 15% off year round...even though they were advertising a larger discount at the front of their store.

Our total transaction totalled above $4000 and after paying 90% of this as a deposit, I realised I should have paid less as I wasn’t decided on the two cots we were considering. This was immediately within seconds of the transaction going through and when I advised the lady as she was handing my credit card back to me, she said that they don’t do refunds and would be keeping 20% of the deposit if I changed my mind. Even though it was moments before and no goods had exchanged hands!

Then she rushed off as they were shutting the store and we were left wondering what just happened!

Absolutely woeful service. You should be disclosing such ‘policies’ before a transaction taking place, not after!

Followed like a criminal

I went to the Alexandria store and enjoy a long perusal of products, however, there was a female staff member who kept following me around and made it very uncomfortable for me. I think she was the manager. I noticed she was following other people around too. Other staff were lovely. No longer will I linger in this store.

Items delayed, but good prices

I purchased a baby cot & chest of drawers online. As one of the items was out of stock the website read that there would be a delay of 2-3 weeks, unfortunately the items have taken 7 weeks to date and there was a lack of communication from the company regarding the delay. I reported the issue a few times and eventually an employee contacted me with a resolution which I am happy with. The store has great prices compared to some other websites but be prepared for delays if the items are out of stock.

Worst service

We did buy a breast feeding pump and when we went home we found it was faulty, wife returned back to replace it, the staff refused to replace it and only change the part,it is unprofessional behaviour, the price of that pump was more than 400$ reduced to 260$ , we didn’t bought cheap machine and it is not our fault if it was faulty, store should replace it , but this store doesn’t care about keeping customers, they got their money and that all what they care about, it is my right to get new machine and not to change a part and give it to me. I did pay my money to get quality and not to buy a machine with replaced part