Baby & Toddler Town

Baby & Toddler Town

See the Best Mother & Baby Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Baby & Toddler Town? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

peach_rich
peach_richGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So bad I thought it was a scam

Terrible

Took over a month to arrive as was out of stock and then has been delivered like this on a pallet with packing tape by their unprofessional courier service. What a waste of time. Any money I saved would have been better spent in a hassle free purchase where I received the package as expected. I’m 37 weeks pregnant and have no idea how I’m going to move this pallet. Never purchasing from Baby and Toddler town again.

A_Ansley
A_AnsleySydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute disgrace of a business

Phate
PhateSydney, NSW

Gone into administration do a charge back if possible

Found out today after calling them that they went into administration, their phones ring out, their warehouse can't receive any more voice mails. If you bought anything and didn't get it do a charge back with your bank ASAP. I luckily got 2 items from them 2 weeks ago, but we still are in the hole about $200 from something we lay buyed and their up sell (since we spent >= $1000) gave us a "$400 photography voucher" no doubt will be dishonored.

My wife and I now have to try and get a new mattress/protector weeks before Christmas where finances are tight.

If anyone has any recommended recourse for getting the money back let me know.

Abi G.
Abi G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No response

Jo S
Jo SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

CAUTION: Dodgy business practice

Purchased a stroller on the 16 November, received notification on the 18 November that would take 2-3 weeks for the delivery as out of stock. As we need this stroller as we are travelling overseas I cancelled the order and was told I would get a refund in 2-3 business days. Still waiting. After multiple calls and again the promise of a refund - still nothing.
I call now and can't leave a message as the mailbox is full. No response to emails. And, yes the website is under construction. I have received no notification that the business is liquidation, however, I believe the previous posts on this site as we are having a similar experience with this business.

Laz
LazSydney, NSW

Baby and Toddler town Marsden Park closed.

chicken
chickenSydney, NSW

CAUTION! No way to contact, no goods delivered, website in "maintenance", phones ring out, their voicemail box is full

Unacceptable and deceitful

Ordered a change table and a mattress for the cot and paid a deposit. Was only going to be 10 days for it to come in stock. Three weeks later its still not in stock but was only a few more days to wait we were told. Few more weeks and still no word. This week Ive called x3 times and no response. Finally got onto them and Ive got to wait mid December! Now Ive heard the shop is closed for an alleged stocktake, the website is down and the answering machine is too full to receive further calls. Looks like the place is going to liquidate. Weve been fed so many lies!! I hope we can get our money back.

Do not buy from here

Christine R.
Christine R.South East Queensland, QLD

Feels like a liquidate is about to happen........

Waited till the day after i ordered to tell me item was out of stock and they expected 3-4weeks so no guarantee. Website said stock was available.

Cant answer a phone and voicemail for them is full so can't leave a name and number, they block you on facebook if you tell them you want a refund....

Amc
AmcSydney, NSW

What an absolute joke

Ali ayazi
Ali ayaziGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy anything from this company

Don't buy anything from this company I bought a cot and mattress on 8 of October 9 week after still didn't receive it trying to ring them but the phone is on voice msg.

Gabi
GabiSouthwest, VIC

Warning- Do not buy from this company!

Liz R
Liz RSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Worst experience ever.

Read more reviews - page 2

Al R.asked

Hi everyone, Has anyone had any progress with speaking to Fair Trading?
I lost $1500 on a bugaboo, received an email saying it was on back order for 2-3 weeks, was provided a $50 voucher which I used and topped up with more money to order Bugaboo accessories, only to AGAIN receive an email saying all items were on back order 2-3 weeks (all paid for with debit card so my bank has no options for me).
From these reviews it appears the store was knowingly selling stock they never had or couldn't fulfill.
This appears to have been going on for 6 months +, which surely must be illegal?

Vab608

The company is in liquidation. Did you receive an email from them to advise the matter? Bad luck to me too, I lost $1010 for Egg stroller. I paid by Zip not credit card & could not get money back as could not dispute or reverse transaction. Extremely angry but ...what can we do?

Al R.

Yes I did.. I was more curious around whether fair trading could do anything as it sounds as though they had been trading insolvent with knowledge they had no stock for months and months... I cant believe we have no protection as consumers if not using credit!

Vab608

What did you pay to them? Credit card? Did you lodge any dispute? I know, they are worst than a theft. Trading no stock & trying to take our $$$ as much as possible... Now they priority pay for secured debtors, employees but not us...

Dakotaasked

Has anyone actually received there items?? Despite the mess around from the company?? Did you eventually receive it?

Rachael C.
Rachael C.

I haven’t received yet but they have dispatched it on the day they said they were expecting stock when I enquired, so fingers crossed I get it soon!

Dakota

I ended up getting a refund

Danielle W.
Danielle W.

I received only 2 out of 4 items I paid for.... 2 months later?!? Zero email correspondence, simply received a refund with no correspondence telling me the other two items were no longer on stock. Shocking service, I am so angry. Never ever shopping with them again.

Dakotaasked

Did anyone receive there refund ?

Snicklefritz
Snicklefritz

I have not received any response to my emails. I have lodged a complaint with fair trade.

Dakota

Thanks. I actually called them 3 times this morning, got a bit angry and they offered a refund. And I have now got my refund 3 hours later. I would definitely be calling them

Other Mother & Baby Shops