Baccarat Professional Easy Twist

Baccarat Professional Easy Twist

See the Best Pressure Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

What did I do wrong?!

Have only used the cooker once or twice before and wasn't sure on previous occasions whether I was using it correctly because instruction book seemed vague. This time I turned the element off after I thought the meat was cooked. Left the cooker sitting on the stove to cool down off the heat. Approx 20 minutes later heard massive whooshing noise, raced in to see it boil over with liquid inside spewing out, under pressure, from under the still attached & sealed lid. Took lid off to find there was still liquid in it. Scary but nicest corned beef ever!

Purchased in September 2018.

Product is used: Rarely
Karen

Update September 2019. Now it burns when I use it. Will never purchase another Baccarat

Phyllis

Phyllis

Skip this if you want a reliable product

OK when new but won’t seal properly anymore. It hasn’t even had that much use so it’s now being used an expensive pan. Very disappointing given the initial cost of the product.

Purchased in August 2017.

Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Monthly
Lynn

Lynn

Good for the first 10 uses

Was used once every few months. Got 10 or so uses out of it and top stopped sealing. I have to push it down until it builds up pressure which is dangerous with escaping steam. Stopped using it after burning too many meals. It's now just used as a very expensive saucepan. Absolute waste of time and money.

Purchased in May 2015 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $200.00.

Product is used: Rarely
John

JohnSunshine Coast

Doesn't even seal - utterly worthless

No instructions in box...went back for instructions...didn't help.
The lid doesn't fit properly so it does't clamp the sealing ring to the base. Regardless of how the lid is aligned it simply won't build up any pressure unless you push down VERY hard on the lid. I'm a big guy and I struggled to hold the it down hard enough to build up pressure for more than a few seconds before it lifted the lid and let the steam escape.
Money would be better spent if you just burned it for heat.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Barney

BarneyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Despite a small problem I am happy with my purchase

I have recently purchased this product, and like many others I had trouble getting the lid to seal properly, however I discovered that if I push down on the lid when steam starts escaping it actually sucks itself down, creating a perfect seal. It is an issue, but one I am prepared to put up with as other than that it performs well, heats up quickly and is easy to clean.

April 11th 2019 Update: I am reviewing my review.

Since I last posted a review on this product I has just got worse! The safety seal now has a pinhole in it, and just lets steam out without building pressure , should have returned when it first played up, I will never buy a baccarat product again.

Purchased in June 2018 at House.

Safety
Pressurising Speed

Zozo

ZozoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This pressure cooker is a LEMON. Lid not locking properly, second return the seal has a cut in it

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Had to read the reviews to find out how to make it work only to find out it was a faulty safety valv

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Tess

TessMelbourne

Terrible

Date PurchasedJun 2018

The seal doesn't work properly - now I have a burnt pot

I have only used my Baccarat pressure cooker a few times but now I'm finding that the seal doesn't work. What this means for me is that:
1/ it took 40 minutes for the pot to develop pressure
2/ the bottom of my pot is now burnt and un-useable
3/ it burnt my stew which had to be thrown out

I wanted to contact Baccarat in regards to my warranty however their website is under maintenance. I couldn't access any contact numbers to enquire about my pot. (I can't go back to where I bought it as I no longer have the receipt.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
hail

hailbrisbane

Not a good pressure cooker

Having great trouble getting it to seal. After half an hour trying to come to pressure, I have turned it off. This is not a good pressure cooker. Steam coming out of vents while trying to come to pressure. Nothing like previous ones which came to pressure quickly. I do not recommend this pressure cooker.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Sam P

Sam P

Warranty is HOPELESS

Good produce when it is operating.
Warranty replacement parts is way toooooo slow.
Very difficult to contact baracat for warranty purposes.
Warranty is a problem warranty is a problem warranty is a problem Good produce when it is operating.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Clear manual detailed recipes and I little more recipes would have been nice.

Terrible manual. No mention of tray inside the pressure cooker how to use it and what to do with it. Also no soup recipes no risotto recipes. Seriously, who wrote this manual a man. Very vague! It's not hard to write a recipe with quantity of water or liquid and for how long to cook a meal like beef stroganoff or chicken ciacatrore. I make a terrific beef stroganoff and I first time user it burnt on the bottom perhaps my beef was too lean not enough fat on it and I put too much beef stock as I made up my own recipe. And didn't save me time at all.
Hopeful tomorrow's attempt at another meal might be better. Cross fingers!

Need Clear Instructions.

I have not used a pressure cooker before and have now read the manual 3x and still find it vague and unhelpful. If you are new at this better find a pressure-cooking mentor or read about it elsewhere, which I am trying to do. The manual leaves out essential instructions and contradicts itself as well as using different names for parts. Really poor manual.

Great but now needs help to seal

Mine is great but now having trouble getting it to seal each time. I Need to move the lid around and down tight to get it to pressure. I am going to try a new silicone seal, but otherwise it's really simple and easy to use and great on our yacht.

Love the twist top and base

I love pressure cooking. This is my first quality pressure cooker after 2 cheaper inherited ones proved unreliable. I agree - the instructions are inadequate and they should have a comprehensive downloadable manual. Just lately, I have had steam leaking thru the seal at the oblong gap in the rim of the lid. Safety valve etc is all in place. Anyone else had this? Up till now - it's been reliable and accurate.

JoS

JoSManjimup

Good product but poor instructions

Took a while to work out what position the "Pressure Limiting Valve" should be at. No instruction on this in the booklet. I had a pressure cooker 20 years ago so had some knowledge and eventually worked it out, but could be frustrating for new users.

Balance against the Good

Although the pressure cooker had a great feel, there is a common fault with the safety valve that can fail to seal. (Yes it was faulty as was returned). This put me off the cooker itself, however considering buying this one again on the good reviews and great setup, as there are not many comparable alternatives with the short handles.

Poor instructions for a great product

The lack of instructions to reach the correct pressure was/ is frustrating. A customer shouldn't need to refer to reviews to get clear instructions. Once achieved the product cooks efficiently.

alysiasmum

alysiasmumPerth, WA

Doesn't come up to pressure

Writing this review to balance all the good press. If you go to Q&A below you will see that there is a common fault with this model, in that the pressure valve can fail to seal and so steam vents continuously, making it impossible to come up to pressure. And yes, we did have the steam function set to the black dot. Reluctant to buy this model again.

Petanque

PetanqueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well made with good features

I think the pressure lock is a great feature. I am new to pressure cookers and so am struggling to get the correct times for certain things. It is a vast improvement on the old stile cookers with the weight on top.