Back to Basics by Lyndi Cohen

Back to Basics by Lyndi Cohen

Miriam M.

Miriam M.Sydney, NSW

Exactly what I needed

After years of watching the scales and calorie counting I felt awful. I decided to give this a go and my relationship with food has changed so much. I feel healthier, and stronger all while eating tasty food from the recipe selection.

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

We are so glad to hear it, Miriam. Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!

Angela

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Such a great app for first time mums

This has been a god send for my first time being a mum - the informative videos and recipes when i know there are certain things i cannot eat PLUS workout videos too!

Start DateApril 2021
Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

We are so thrilled to hear Back to Basics is helping you in your pregnancy. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review, Angela. We wish you all the very best for you and your new bub!

Jane

JaneNorth Queensland, QLD

Back to Basics soo helpful and supportive

I am so nervous about this pregnancy but the pregnancy videos helped me feel better about my body and the changes it’s about to go thru. The recipes were simple, quick and healthy with lots of choices that helped me pick lighter options to help keep my morning sickness at bay. The app and Lyndi’s exercise videos are easy to follow and help keep me motivated during pregnancy.

Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Find out how Back to Basics by Lyndi Cohen compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Great content, just tricky to use

I really respect the quality of the content on this app. It is clear how much effort has gone into making sure that the experts that are brought on are well established, industry leaders and that is so great for having confidence in the program, recipes and exercises. The app is so hard to use which is the main drawback for the price that is charged.

Jackie

Jackie Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just love this program and the recipes ...

We are loving the Back to Basics. The recipes are easy to follow, taste amazing and I am find it easy to make double quantities for each meal, and then have meals made for 2 days. As a bonus I've also lost 3kg, just by sticking to the recipes. Haven't tried the workouts yet, as I walk at the beach each day.

Review collected in partnership with Lyndi Cohen

Still getting used to it but loving the content so far!

It makes it difficult to access the app when each time I open it it requires me to sign in again (very difficult when my password is generated to be secure and I have to search for it on my laptop before I can get in). I'm enjoying the content but consequently haven't explored it much. I like that I can favourite my recipes and search for those easily with the app (much more difficult to find my liked recipes via the website on my computer for some reason). I love that all the recipes are short and easy to follow and that I don't have to dedicate hours to making the meals. I need to try out the exercises as I haven't done this yet but this has always been a hard thing for me even before I was pregnant.

Karmen
Karmen

Thank you :) looking forward to sinking into the rhythm of using the app more - love how healthy and accessible everything is!

Tara

TaraSydney, NSW

I actually use this multiple times a week

Nearly all recipes have become family favourites, they are full of flavour and are simple enough to get right first go. professionally guided workouts are 20 minutes, so I actually do them! And the support team are easily accessible and so lovely to interact with.

Great start

I havnt really tried recipes so can’t review but they look easy enough and well laid out.

I found the informative videos where you tick off what you have watched the most useful such a great start when you have no idea what to do!

The videos I love that it’s helped me know what exercises I can and cannot do which has given me confidence going to the gym. The audio isn’t the best and I also couldn’t see which videos I’ve done/havnt done not sure if I’m just missing that but always useful to know what you have completed. The workout themselves I am enjoying.

Amanda M.

Amanda M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Workouts are great!

I tried a different Pregnancy app before Back to Basics and I can say that I much prefer Back to Basics than the other app. The workouts are really good, I like that there is a range of different workouts that you can choose from and they vary between 10 min or 20 min, they are fun and makes me feel good.
I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but they do look delicious.
I also enjoy the videos for each trimester of pregnancy, they are very informative.
I think that overall the app is really good and I am enjoying using the app mostly for the workouts, they are great.

mellane22

mellane22Hunter Region, NSW

Shopping list makes this app so helpful compared to others

Delicious, easy recipes

The Back to Basics app is great. It has a huge range of easy, delicious and nutritious recipes which make meal planning each week really easy. The recipes can be easily altered to reflect what ingredients I might have available at the time. Lyndi and Les are supportive and very receptive to ideas - I suggested an idea for the app and they did it!

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

Thanks, Hannah! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely a time saver for me

I switched to Back to Basics from being on Marley Spoon for a few months. I was looking for an option where I could cook my own food, but much quicker than a Marley Spoon recipe (sometimes I could not be bothered). The recipes are delicious (and simple), and the site is easy to use. I like the link to Woolworths too.

I had a problem with accessing the planner for about 24 hours, but it was resolved quickly.

Mel

MelLaunceston, TAS

Such a great program for a new Mum like me!

I'm loving the videos, education & e-mails explaining the pregnancy expectations and step by step what I might be experiencing. As a new Mum to be it is a great support.

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review Mel - so glad Back to Basics has been helpful during your pregnancy! Wishing you all the best for your upcoming bub!

Love it!

The recipes are easy and filling, the app is very nice looking. I would love to see the recipes I have already made under a separate tab (right now when I click on the “I made this recipe” nothing happens.)

Katie
Katie

Many thanks for your prompt reply Les! :) Can’t wait to see the updates.

Back to basics-pregnancy

Easy recipes to follow and loved the shopping list feature. I’m vegan and found it easy to find things on the app to change up. Great pregnancy exercises. Loved the Pilates

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

So glad to hear Elyse! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! We really appreciate your support!

NatS

NatSCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great food and healthy mindset, slightly clunky app

App was slightly clunky to use but otherwise I love the positive messaging and focus on not dieting but just being healthy. Food was really tasty and easy to make.

Gabby P

Gabby PCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Overall would recommend to a friend

Great workouts and program for use during pregnancy, although the app can be a bit clunky to use at times. Would still recommend to a friend to use during their pregnancy.

Andidyson

AndidysonSydney Surrounds, NSW

I’m inspired again

Back to Basics is exactly what I was looking for. Heaps of tasty, easy, healthy recipes that are super easy to make. Meal plans I can edit or build myself which link to a shopping list. So easy. I’m inspired to try bee recipes again.
I’m also loving the inspiring mindset videos from Lyndi

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

We are so happy to hear you are loving Back to Basics Andi! Thanks for the lovely review!!

Ad

Great recipes & easy to make!

I love this app so much for so many reasons. Firstly, almost all the recipes require relatively simple, easy to find ingredients so you don't need 3362 specialist ingredients. All the ingredients are also affordable & a lot I already have at home. Our whole family loves the meals, it's super easy to change serving sizes depending on if some people aren't home or I am making extras for lunches, & being able to prep a shopping list from the app is a game changer. Love love love.

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

Thank you for the awesome review, Olivia! We are stoked to hear you are loving Back to Basics and it's making your life easier!

The teens are cooking

The recipes use staples that I already have in my cupboard and best of all my 16 year old son is cooking! We are all really enjoying the meals. ( I especially love the one pan recipes, minimal cleanup. )
( One tray sticky chicken with fried rice made by the 16yo)

Leslie C.Lyndi Cohen

We are so glad to hear your family are loving the meals. Thanks for the review Jojo!