Sam

SamPerth, WA

Disappointing! Overcooked Danish

Mother's Day treat for myself.
Hard overcooked Danish Pastry. Shouldn't have made it from oven to display shelf.
Bought Halls Head, Mandurah, WA

Jenny

JennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Sourdough not sourdough?

Bought a so called loaf of sourdough for $6.50 (not cheap). Must have been put in the incorrect spot!! No way was it sourdough. It was hard & so dense. Just horrible.

TEw

TEwSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bakers Delight Q Super Centre

I picked up a $80 order yesterday, the manager was extremely rude & treated the young girl serving me disgustingly. I hope you don’t condone this in your business. I won’t be going back

Store LocationQ Super Centre, Mermaid Waters

problems with plastic wrapping

I really enjoy eating your products. I have a problem with wheat products and never have indigestion after eating your food. however, I do not enjoy the use of plastic, as I seem to collect many bags when I buy your products. when I direct freeze the breads I notice that the plastic gets an odour, not unlike stale fish, which is awful. so I now have actually became apprehensive of these fumes and debag items in snaplock bags. please could you investigate because I am truly worried about storage in your plastic bags. I hope you can find an alternative wrapper to plastic as am very environmentally aware. many thanks for your delicious food, but the non-delicious wrapping. best wishes from Denyse

Linara Dellmore

Linara DellmoreSouth Australia

Manager can't handle criticism and was abusive to my friend

I needed to raise a concern with the manager of the store at the Coltman Plaza franchise in Lucas, Ballarat. A friend offered to contact the manager on my behalf and ended up being abused by the manager. My friend is a good person and doesn't deserve the abuse he received from the manager who couldn't care less to explain things to him so said friend could explain them to me.

My friend and I will never purchase from this store ever again because my friend is now traumatized by the abusive behavior.

Not sure how the manager got to own a business with Bakers Delight. They should be ashamed of themselves for allowing an abusive person to own a franchise under their brand name.

alex2001

alex2001Perth, WA

Great Bread but we will avoid one of stores

Veronika

VeronikaCanberra 2600, ACT

Wonderful but can agree on some reviews

Vee2020

Vee2020Ballarat

Loaves keep getting smaller but cost more!

Penny

Penny

Stale, Rock Hard Baguettes from Highett Shop

On two occasions recently, I purchased half baguettes and a full bread stick from the Bakers Delight within Highett Shopping Centre. I commented at the time that they seemed rather hard but was told 'Well they were baked this morning'. One was inedible as it needed a saw to cut it and the bread stick was useable as a police baton the following day, being solid and stale. I certainly will avoid this shop in the future. Foolishly I didn't bother to take the receipt to enable the return of the products.

Carolina

CarolinaMelbourne

North Ringwood Baker's Delight high fibre low GI bread stays fresh for over five days....

Bread that is fresh when you buy it and stays fresh for over five days... After trying so called fresh baked supermarket bread and most expensive brands of bread , Baker's Delight White high fibre low GI is the outstanding winner... Try it for yourself..... I asked the owner/ Baker why his bread stayed fresh for many days longer than all the other bread, his humble reply was " it's the Love we put into it " here's a challenge... Buy Baker's Delight bread and any other brand of white bread and try them daily ! Simply no comparison...enjoy !

Karen Johnson

Karen JohnsonWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Discrimination?

My daughter and I stood looking at the local store admiring the display of your new raspberry scones. They looked lovely And full of fruit in their little box in the glass display cabinet.
My daughter who has a disability ordered 1 scone as she couldn’t afford any more and the sales person went to another area to bag up a scone. Got to the car and she discovered a smaller scone, which was quite dry looking and minimum fruit..barely discernible.. so disappointing.
I hate to think that’s it common practice to sell the less appealing product from the back of the shelf first ..I have thought about it before.. I guess that’s business

Aussie snack girl

Aussie snack girlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mini jam donuts- talk about price extortion!

I walked into my local bakers delight the other day looking for something sweet. There wasn’t much on offer in the way of sweet goods, maybe due to covid. On the counter were a packet of 6 mini jam donuts. No price on them. I was charged $7. I couldn't believe it! I thought it wouldn’t be more than $3 for that minuscule size!
My husband thought they were nice, (he dunked them in a bowl of cream). I thought they were ok but below the standard of an average jam donut and certainly nothing to write home about.

Johnny

JohnnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fruit Loaf

I wish Bakers Delight could get the fruit loaf consistency, which a lot of stores only bake a few times a week.
I bought from Bulleen Plaza shop on Sunday 23rd September, got say a 10 out of 10, good consistency, abundance of fruit & lasted 4 days until it was all gone.
I'll definitely be back as the saying goes.
Returned on Sunday 31st September expecting the same as the previous week.
Well what a disappointment, dry texture with less fruit tasting like it was about 4 days old.
A rating 2 out of 10.
Definitely not the same flour used in this loaf.
From a Franchise we expect better and consistency.
As the week lingers on the fruit loaf is drier & drier with lack lustre flavour.

Julie

JulieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Had the knotted garlic and chive loaf from Leigh street Adelaide and it was absolutely delicious.

The garlic and chive knotted loaf heated up was absolutely delicious with our dinner tonight. Bought it from Leigh street Adelaide as a request.. Thank you ☺️ we loved it and very much appreciated the excellent service.

KL customer

KL customerSydney, NSW

High fibre block loaf

Quality of the white high fibre block loaf has been poor for the past 6mths at least from the kings langley NSW store -loaves are over cooked with thick crust or burnt on top or large holes throughout and sometimes small in size. Very disappointed as this is our family favourite. Used to be much better. Please improve your baking or get new bakers! The staff who serve are lovely.

Jamie

JamieQueensland

Love the bread but awful hygiene practice and bad customer service

Gavin Mackenzie

Gavin MackenzieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

terrible service

went to buy bread today and only had $100 note...told they dont accept $100 bills...went outside to get a smaller denomination from my flatmate and overheard the two young girl talking about the silly old bag that should know better...last time i shop at bakers delight at aberfoyle park SA...shopping centre 500 mts up the road has a bakery and we will be shopping there......also very loud music playing in the shop

annematilda

annematildaNorth Queensland, QLD

not impressed

Started buying the cream boston buns when they first appeared and loved them but I bought one this morning and was very disappointed. I am sure they are much smaller than the original and there would not have been a teaspoon of your cream in it. I will not be buying them again anytime soon especially at the price they are.

Aruna S.

Aruna S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why no gloves and masks?

I would've thought that at this time of the pandemic, cleanliness and hygiene standards would take precedence especially in a popular bakery like Baker's Delight. At both the Milleara and Niddrie outlets which I frequent, none of the service staff wear gloves or masks while handling the breads. Pity, really!

Chatnoir

ChatnoirMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Super yummy Vienna Dark Rye

I go to the Brighton Bakers Delight in South Australia. Always fresh and really high quality. The girls on the counter are always polite and helpful. The Vienna Dark Rye is my favourite.

Angele C.

Angele C.asked

Hi,
It is disappointing to see that the further you go from Melbourne the less people care about their French bread and croissants ie puff pastry.
We are in the 21st century not back when French started arriving in Australia.... French bread has to be French I mean French ! It is time to change things.

Why are there sooo many customers in French cafes? Because they know what good bread tastes like.

So more to the point. Why can YOU NOT make decent baguettes, French sticks and nice crispy croissants with real butter and flaky pastry that do not look like a truck has driven over them.
Special flour is needed for light pastry I was told so get it! It is about finesse and flair!
Perhaps you should have a deal with Noisette in Port Melbourne for example to bake French bread and croissants for you and sell them - everyone would be happier!!
A French customer.

Denyse Jones

good idea Natalie. I really like Bakers Delight and their baking is excellent so I do believe they have the skills to grant your request and make excellent French bread and croissants. it is just a matter of technique and education

Denise

Deniseasked

Last Friday at my local store I purchased a coffee (and date?) bun and took it home to eat later. It was the most delicious thing I had eaten for quite a while so the following day I returned to purchase half a dozen (to give to my family to try.) I was informed that it was a one day promotion and that the store would not be making them any more. Please, please, please could I implore you to add these to your menu as they are delicious. I am not a regular customer per se but could be if you were to add these (if not daily perhaps bi-daily?) I look forward to hearing back from you.

Catherine H.Bakers Delight

Hi Denise
As Bakers Delights are all individually owned you would need to contact your local store directly to discuss this.
Different stores make different product lines so you could check other Bakers Delight stores to see if they make it.. and yes they are very yummy!
Hope this is of some help

Ray Stanley

Ray Stanleyasked

Do all shops charge same price for bread?

Fired Up