Penny

Penny

Stale, Rock Hard Baguettes from Highett Shop

On two occasions recently, I purchased half baguettes and a full bread stick from the Bakers Delight within Highett Shopping Centre. I commented at the time that they seemed rather hard but was told 'Well they were baked this morning'. One was inedible as it needed a saw to cut it and the bread stick was useable as a police baton the following day, being solid and stale. I certainly will avoid this shop in the future. Foolishly I didn't bother to take the receipt to enable the return of the products.

Store LocationHighett, VIC
Carolina

CarolinaMelbourne

North Ringwood Baker's Delight high fibre low GI bread stays fresh for over five days....

Bread that is fresh when you buy it and stays fresh for over five days... After trying so called fresh baked supermarket bread and most expensive brands of bread , Baker's Delight White high fibre low GI is the outstanding winner... Try it for yourself..... I asked the owner/ Baker why his bread stayed fresh for many days longer than all the other bread, his humble reply was " it's the Love we put into it " here's a challenge... Buy Baker's Delight bread and any other brand of white bread and try them daily ! Simply no comparison...enjoy !

Store LocationRingwood North
Karen Johnson

Karen JohnsonWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Discrimination?

My daughter and I stood looking at the local store admiring the display of your new raspberry scones. They looked lovely And full of fruit in their little box in the glass display cabinet.
My daughter who has a disability ordered 1 scone as she couldn’t afford any more and the sales person went to another area to bag up a scone. Got to the car and she discovered a smaller scone, which was quite dry looking and minimum fruit..barely discernible.. so disappointing.
I hate to think that’s it common practice to sell the less appealing product from the back of the shelf first ..I have thought about it before.. I guess that’s business

Store LocationWeston Creek, ACT

Aussie snack girl

Aussie snack girlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mini jam donuts- talk about price extortion!

I walked into my local bakers delight the other day looking for something sweet. There wasn’t much on offer in the way of sweet goods, maybe due to covid. On the counter were a packet of 6 mini jam donuts. No price on them. I was charged $7. I couldn't believe it! I thought it wouldn’t be more than $3 for that minuscule size!
My husband thought they were nice, (he dunked them in a bowl of cream). I thought they were ok but below the standard of an average jam donut and certainly nothing to write home about.

Johnny

JohnnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fruit Loaf

I wish Bakers Delight could get the fruit loaf consistency, which a lot of stores only bake a few times a week.
I bought from Bulleen Plaza shop on Sunday 23rd September, got say a 10 out of 10, good consistency, abundance of fruit & lasted 4 days until it was all gone.
I'll definitely be back as the saying goes.
Returned on Sunday 31st September expecting the same as the previous week.
Well what a disappointment, dry texture with less fruit tasting like it was about 4 days old.
A rating 2 out of 10.
Definitely not the same flour used in this loaf.
From a Franchise we expect better and consistency.
As the week lingers on the fruit loaf is drier & drier with lack lustre flavour.

Store LocationBulleen Village
Julie

JulieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Had the knotted garlic and chive loaf from Leigh street Adelaide and it was absolutely delicious.

The garlic and chive knotted loaf heated up was absolutely delicious with our dinner tonight. Bought it from Leigh street Adelaide as a request.. Thank you ☺️ we loved it and very much appreciated the excellent service.

Store LocationLeigh street Adelaide
KL customer

KL customerSydney, NSW

High fibre block loaf

Quality of the white high fibre block loaf has been poor for the past 6mths at least from the kings langley NSW store -loaves are over cooked with thick crust or burnt on top or large holes throughout and sometimes small in size. Very disappointed as this is our family favourite. Used to be much better. Please improve your baking or get new bakers! The staff who serve are lovely.

Store Locationkings langley nsw
Jamie

JamieQueensland

Love the bread but awful hygiene practice and bad customer service

Store LocationArana Hills
Gavin Mackenzie

Gavin MackenzieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

terrible service

went to buy bread today and only had $100 note...told they dont accept $100 bills...went outside to get a smaller denomination from my flatmate and overheard the two young girl talking about the silly old bag that should know better...last time i shop at bakers delight at aberfoyle park SA...shopping centre 500 mts up the road has a bakery and we will be shopping there......also very loud music playing in the shop

Store LocationAberfoyle park SA

annematilda

annematildaNorth Queensland, QLD

not impressed

Started buying the cream boston buns when they first appeared and loved them but I bought one this morning and was very disappointed. I am sure they are much smaller than the original and there would not have been a teaspoon of your cream in it. I will not be buying them again anytime soon especially at the price they are.

Aruna S.

Aruna S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why no gloves and masks?

I would've thought that at this time of the pandemic, cleanliness and hygiene standards would take precedence especially in a popular bakery like Baker's Delight. At both the Milleara and Niddrie outlets which I frequent, none of the service staff wear gloves or masks while handling the breads. Pity, really!

Store LocationMilleara and Niddrie
Chatnoir

ChatnoirMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Super yummy Vienna Dark Rye

I go to the Brighton Bakers Delight in South Australia. Always fresh and really high quality. The girls on the counter are always polite and helpful. The Vienna Dark Rye is my favourite.

hutch

hutchGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Totally disappointed

Bought fruit block loaf yesterday hanging out for fruit toast , really really disappointed there was 1 sultana in each slice and not another price of fruit to be seen , so disappointed

Store LocationTraralgon

2 different stores. Disappointed.

This year, 2020 I have bought 2bread Rolls from one store in the morning that was definitely not fresh, and today From a different store in the same city I just bought a small pizza that was also as tough as old boot, not fresh! Unhappy.

Store LocationWarrnambool
Dianne

DianneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ignorant and rude woman at Donvale

Every interaction with one of the women working at Donvale is very off putting.. my only option is Donvale as the Doncaster East branch was closed.. I dread coming into contact with her as she is so aggressive .. she is not always rostered there but I never have a good experience .. might have to go somewhere other than bakers delight .. sad .. as I love the products ..

amanda p.

amanda p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hot cross buns are expensive and awful

So disappointed with your hot cross buns this year.. dry and tasteless. Lots of spice, no fruit. I had one and it had exactly 1 piece of fruit in the whole bun. Other 5 in the pack i will throw out.
They are expensive and horrible.
All supermarket brands are considerably cheaper and considerably nicer

Store LocationRosebud
Ken

KenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love Bakers Delight -- avoid the rest

We travel 30mins to Bakers Delight stores, after the store in our local shopping centre closed 4 yrs ago. It is bread we can't live without. So we buy in bulk, and freeze. We always get treated well, and haven't had a problem with any of their products, during any season of the year.

Store LocationKenmore, Moggil Rd (mainly); Chelmer (occasionally) : SE Queensland
Catherine H.Bakers Delight

Lovely to hear .. thank you for posting the review

Kristie H.

Kristie H.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service!!

I bought a pack of bacon and cheese rolls and some dinner rolls just before closing and absentmindedly walked away and left them. The next morning I went to collect them but was told they were thrown out and too bad. On contacting head office they apologised for the terrible treatment and offered to send a voucher to my home address. 3 weeks later it hadn’t arrived and so I contacted them again to say it had been sent and check with my neighbour’s and too bad! I have a locked letterbox so that was a lie.
I will NEVER EVER shop here again, the absolute worst customer service.

Store LocationNorton Plaza Leichhardt
Garry B

Garry BAU

OMG the flies!

Flies walking all over the bread in and out of the cupboards. Why do they not cover their bread for sale??? YUK! This is a serious Health Issue. I walked right out.

Store LocationWaratah NSW
Rebecca H.

Rebecca H.Canberra 2600, ACT

I simply love their healthy breads!

The staff always greet you with a big smile and the bakery food tastes amazing. I like the range they have to offer their customers as well. The bakers are amazing at baking.

Store LocationConder