Bakers Delight

See the Best Food & Drink Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Riia

RiiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Staff are mistreated

I used to work here and get regular customers. Sometimes people would complain the bread isn't well done or its become hard (its due to being left in an open counter) . The bread is overpriced and staff are underpaid. I think its really sad that people don't know the reality that most girls leave within 3 months because of how poorly they are treated. The owners are extremely rude and Im sure have been spoken to fair work only to ignore them because they think they have all the power. Its a sad reality of Bakers Delight.

Robyn powyer

Robyn powyerSydney, NSW

Stale bread at least 2 days old

I am so angry ,sent my husband to Bakers Delight Rozelle to. make sandwiches that night for the next morning to travel with. Stale as anything ,and not only that they charged an extra 50c ,now $4.50 a loaf. If you want fresh bread , dont go there.

Store LocationBakers Delight Rozelle
Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Parkholme Adelaide Bakers Delight

Have bought bread on two occasions from this bakery and each time the bread is stale. I suspect they hold the bread over a couple of days and do not bake freshly. If this is not bad enough one of the staff is rude. Would give this bakery less than 1 star if possible.

Store Locationpark holme
Dee M

Dee MSydney, NSW

Surprised

I was surprised because I just had a pizza...unfortunately....it was terrific!!!....and perfect size too..
Unfortunate because I am trying to watch I eat...but so much for thst..I will be back for more...

Store LocationBaulkham Hills

Indi

Indi

Casula Mall Bakers Delight has the best loaf bread around :)

The loaf is never over cooked, melts in your mouth & if there's any left the next morning is still lovely & soft. Well done bakers & thanks friendly front of counter ladies.

Store LocationCasula Mall

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Kenmore Bakers Delight is awesome

Always pop in there on the way to work to have a quick squiz at the fresh buns behind the counter. Staff are always happy for me to have a look and I always get something sweet to go.

Store LocationKenmore

Carolyn

CarolynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gluten free bread experiment

I was thrilled to know that Bakers' Delight were going to trial gluten free bread at a few outlets. I picked up a seeded loaf at Southland, Melbourne. It was $10 for the loaf which is on the high side but I hoped it would be worth it. Well, the first thing I noticed was that it held together very well - an improvement on many GF breads. It also has good sized pieces. My husband says that it doesn't have, what he considers, the unpleasant smell when toasted although I have never noticed this problem. But the drawback is that it doesn't have any taste whatsoever. It is very bland which is a disappointment. I won't buy it again but I appreciate Bakers' Delight in trying to produce GF bread. Hopefully, it will improve over time.

Store LocationSouthland, Melbourne

No delight in this scone

I have been buying the date scones for many years. I have watched as they have got smaller with fewer dates & the price go up. Today is the last time I will waste my money on a Scone that looks so un eatable. This was purchased from Eastland bakers delight no delight for me.

Store LocationRingwood Eastland
Danielle Stevens

Danielle StevensPerth, WA

Good product range, customer service is just ok

D T.

D T.Perth, WA

Coffee & Date Log

I have bought the coffee and date log from Beaumaris City Shopping Centre today. I was very disappointed as it was completely burnt. When I opened the bag, I could smell the burnt smell and that you couldn't taste the coffee at all.

Store LocationBeaumaris City Shopping Centre Ocean Reef WA 6027

Not Happy Jen

Not Happy JenSydney, NSW

Custard Scroll

This is the second time in a space of two weeks that I’ve bought my favourite scroll from Bakers Delight Leichhardt in the Norton Street Plaza. Both times I’ve been very disappointed with the custard scrolls. They seem to be more coconut icing on top with less to almost no custard inside. I’ll give the Leichhardt shop a miss from now on.

Store LocationLeichhardt

Ridiculous loyalty program - Essendon

Attended Essendon store and tried to use the loyalty card for block loaf sesame. Was told block loaf on the card doesn’t have sesame - so you can’t have it, only plain. Despite being comparable cost. Staff was very belittling and aggressive when refusing to honour card.
When complaint was made to head office about the treatment - they denied it even happened. Implying someone would make this storey up for the sake of a $4 loaf.
Pathetic

Store LocationEssendon

Ray

RayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Size of loaf reducing

We buy hi fibre low gi loaf regularly but lately find loaves getting smaller. My husband not inclined to continue but will revert to supermarket product as he thinks better value,.

Store LocationMooroolbark. Vic

Kat

KatIllawarra, NSW

Apple cinnamon scroll

The only part of the apple cinnamon scroll that was any good was the sweet bread scroll. There didn’t seem to be any real taste of cinnamon. The topping seemed to be just a pale brown sugar that was way too sweet. The apple filling if that’s what you could call it. There was only a few little cubed pieces of apple, that seemed to have an apple like texture but not much in flavour. I definitely would not be buying another one of those again. I give this product only 2 stars for the sweet bread scroll.

Store LocationWarilla Grove
John

JohnGoulburn Valley, VIC

Smaller and different

I normally purchase two loaves of Chia wholemeal from B.D. Shepparton Marketplace weekly, used to be excellent, but now they are smaller and not the same consistency, very dissapointed, will give them one more go and hopefully things may improve otherwise they lose a loyal customer

Store LocationShepparton marketplace
Elizabeth

ElizabethVictoria

Custard scrolls

Not enough custard. Mainly bread with icing on top. It’s a shame because when you buy a custard scroll you expect custard!! Need to add more. Not what you expect.

Store LocationDoncaster

marietta

mariettaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very very disappointed

I have purchased my favourite (not anymore) apple walnut scrolls at three different places 1 glenmore park, 2 penrith plaza, 3 nepean village to be objective and everyone stale today at penrith plaza after purchase I felt it hard I told the girl this scroll is too stale and hard and she had no more so she swapped it for another different scroll so Im giving up will not shop there again they know they are stale when they picked them up.

Store Locationnepean village, glenmore park, penrith plaza 2pm today Iv had enough

ChrisJ

ChrisJSydney, NSW

BD fruit loaf getting smaller

Yesterday I purchased a cinnamon fruit loaf from Miranda BD.
The loaf was definitely smaller and even though I asked for it to be thick sliced the slices are smaller and the same thickness as a Buttercup sandwich loaf.
The taste is still yummy but I am very dissatisfied with the overall product.

Store LocationWestfield Miranda

gcaryan

gcaryanPERTH

Hot Cross Buns...don’t bother.

Went to buy some Hot Cross Buns at Brentwood WA and asked if they were baked today. Yes was the answer but no would have been the truth. Not happy... paid $8 for stale buns.

BBB

BBBSydney, NSW

Give Freshwater Bakers Delight a fair go!!!

Catherine H.Bakers Delight

Thank you for your generous support . We really value it
Please be rest assured we are trying our best to sort the fire alarm out once and for all .
Many thanks