Baracuda Manta

• Pool Size
Mevans4814

Mevans4814North Queensland, QLD

Worst Product Ever

Gets stuck on every corner and step in my rectangle fibreglass 8 x 4m pool. I lodged a warranty claim weeks ago, sent several emails and have not received a response. Would steer clear of Baracuda brand at all cost

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$375.00.

michael b.

michael b.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rubbish, don’t touch it.

Had this for maybe 6 months. Worked well initially and then just stopped working. Replaced pretty much the whole thing with spare parts but after much expense still no luck. Wish I had just spent the money in the first place and bought a cleaner that actually went the distance. Save yourself the trouble

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Sarah P.

Sarah P.North Queensland, QLD

Worth buying

So after looking on the internet for weeks I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this item. And I’m so glad I did. It was easy as to set up and cleans the pool so well. My pool is fibreglass 8 x 4m and it is cleans it without hassle. It has only gotten stuck once and that was on the plug thing at the bottom of the pool but hasn’t been stuck since. It is quiet and you don’t here that “thud thud thud” like you do with other models. I don’t have any trees around my pool but my neighbours palm tree is on the other side of the fence constantly dropping crap in the pool and the mantra picks it up easily. Would highly recommend.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$375.00.

Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Baracuda Manta compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

amiganutPerth, WA

excellent product

been using their products for the last 20 years the G3/Manta is a lot better then the g2 was. average life span 5 to 7 years and easiest to get replacement parts for the lockin hose is a brilliant idea thank you for a great product

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$375.00.

Pool SizeLarge
Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad to hear you're having a positive experience with our products. Happy swimming!

The worst product in history

Ross I.

Ross I.

It Works!

My zodiac g2 wore off after 10 years so i wanted to try something different.
Bought two wheeled cleaner but it wouldn't go to shallow end even with tiled tyres.
Decided to not stuff around and went for Manta / G3 and it just works.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$320.00.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Thank you for your review of our product, we work hard to ensure that our customers are happy and we appreciate your feedback.

Stuart J

Stuart JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Keep it simple

Tried a turbine cleaner for the second time, which was a waste of money again. So went back to a Baracuda. My previous one lasted several years and only replaced due to salt corrosion from been in the pool all the time. Replacement parts like skirt, diaphragm, hose lengths, are relatively expensive, but they are easily replaced and last for reasonable time. Does the walls, works under pool cover, picks up most large debris, fraction of the cost of robotic cleaners, and just simply works, so will stick with it, and recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$330.00.

Teresa38

Teresa38South East Queensland, QLD

So far loving it !!! Purchased Sept 2019

So far it appears to be going up the walls which is better than my previous Brand (lasted 3 years 1/2 the price), it's doing a great job at suctioning. This was double the price however it has a 3-year warranty, the problem I am having is you have to register your 'Warranty' on their website & there is nowhere that says... 'Product Registration'. So i tried to send an email through the Website contact section & it constantly says 'failed to send'. I've tried 5 times now so how do you register your purchase for warranty if your website doesn't offer the Registration ????

Purchased in August 2019 for A$357.00.

Pool SizeLarge
Ash

AshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Pool Vac

We have mostly palms around the pool and the strands fall in dried up and fresh. We have a few smaller leaves that come from the neighbouring tree and small seeds etc. took a few months to finally buy an automatic cleaner as cleaning the pool manually twice a week became tedious. I was so surprised how well this cleans the pool. I did not expect it to be as good as it is. So simple to install and the pool is always very clean (we have had some really windy days). I really recommend this cleaner (our pool is 11x4) bought this cleaner and 3 additional pipes. I never leave reviews but knowing how difficult this decision to purchase was and how happy I am I thought I would go online and leave this review.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ash, Thank you for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Baracuda Manta compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

BAA

BAAMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very Simple And Performs Well

I purchased this after I tried the Barracuda Tracker Robotic cleaner. Due to some fairly intense internal steps and seating in my pool the Robotic unit had some difficulty, I have mentioned these issues in another review and I certainly don't blame the unit itself. Masters actually sell both these units so I returned the Robotic cleaner and tried this unit instead. I couldn't be happier, simple unit that works well and I am sure will give excellent service for years to come. Should also avoid some of the issues with the Robotic cleaners such as the tracks wearing out and requiring replacement along with other internal parts. So for $325.00 including hose's and everything I couldn't be happier. Just sometimes the simpler the better.

Trina H.

Trina H.asked

I am a renter and am learning about pool maintenance for the first time! So much to learn. Do I leave the Baracuda Manta connected all the time to run with the pump every night or do I use it less frequently when the pool needs vacuuming?

Colin

Colinasked

is there a special connector to join the baracuda hose to a standard flat vacuum head? the hose i have doesnt properly fit the vacuum head.

amiganut

no mate you have to use their hose but the new hoses are a lot better less air leaks and seem to do better in the sun as well

Jimasked

Just purchased the Baracuda Manta at Bunnings and is unfortunately getting stuck in the corners of my rectangular pool. Would a larger bumper ring help the problem? Does the position of the weight ring make it more less prone to sticking?

amiganut

the weight ring does make a difference also check what pressure you have it set on and also the bumper rings using a larger size stops it going right into the corner

Jim

Thanks. Will try a larger bumper ring. Hopefully some trial and error will fix the problem.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

Other Suction Pool Cleaners