3.7

Brian

BrianMelbourne

Avoid Barry Plant Maningham: poor quality sevice and no due diligence

JillGoulburn Valley, VIC

Brilliant result in the face of market upheaval! March 2020 Barry Plant, Coburg. Vic

You are very welcome!

Mu T.

Mu T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Met an excellent real estate lady at Mentone branch

Kung Fu Chicken

Kung Fu ChickenMelbourne

Rude Tood real estate lady

Hi There,
We are sorry to hear of your concerns, If you would like to discuss further please contact Head Office via email at customerservice@barryplant.com.au

Sean

SeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Landlords beware

I am extremely disappointed with the negligence of the property manager who is looking after my property. There are damages to the walls and door that have been patched and the property manager failed to notify me.
Previous tenants have vacated the property but left behind their household items. In both instances, the property manager take no action to resolve this.
Property manager told me that Barry Plant routine inspection don’t have photos unless there’s maintenance issues. I’m sure this is not how other real estate agencies conduct their routine inspections.

Kaylene

KayleneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Barter for your rent

Appalling property manager

Our experience with John from East Brunswick branch was nothing but a nightmare . He opts for easy outcomes in favour of the tenants. His incompetence cost my self the owner ; unnecessary financial loss .
Stay away

Best in the Business

Barry Plant Craigieburn have been over and above in meeting our needs. Excellent communication, friendly staff, Prompt service. We would specifically like to extend our sincerest appreciation to Property Manager Stephanie Clark for her outstanding professionalism and service and always wanting to help. She is quick to resolve any problems, empathic to our needs and a delight to communicate with. We highly recommend her services for anyone needing property management services!

Barry P.Barry Plant

Horrible service for rental property by Barry Plant Brunswick - specially Jason Petsios

We were renting a place in Pascoe vale but even though Barry Plant Coburg was nearby (and Coburg office name was written on rental Bond) Jason - the property manager was not happy to get keys delivered to Coburg. Coburg office lady was happy to receive keys (stating that she can send to Brunswick office by internal mail) but Jason started charging us. Right throughout the tenancy he was behaving that as if we are staying free at the place which was horrible. Agent shouldnt be biased towards anyone. I own 2 separate properties and 1 of my property also has Barry plant as agent but looking at service i received as a tenant I am thinking to replace Barry plant for my Preston house.

Yen

YenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They helped me lease my property just within one week!!

Sophia has been very effective in finding new tenants for my property. We got multiple applications within one week. I truly appreciate that she found me great tenants and I took her recommendation on which ones I should approve.
Sophia has also proactively negotiated with potential tenants on extending the term so that my lease contract won't end during quiet Christmas time. This is truly an extra mile step that she took in her service.
I am very happy with the outcome and I would definitely recommend Sophia and Barry Plant to anyone who needs a good agent.

Barry P.Barry Plant

Hi Yen, We're very happy to hear you had a great experience with Sophia and will be passing on our compliments to her for her excellent service. Kind regards, Olivia Campbell, Barry Plant Head Office

Outstanding Experience

I had an exceptional experience with Debbie Tucker from Barry Plant Rowville. She went above and beyond to ensure that all of my needs, questions and goals in a home were met. Being my first home Debbie was extremely patient, prompt with communication and flexible with meeting times. Debbie continued to ensure I was satisfied and became a trusted support throughout the whole searching and buying process. I successfully have bought my first home through Debbie Tucker and have recommended my close friends and family to her. I have no doubt that she will meet their needs and also ensure that they have an outstanding experience as I have.
Barry plant is very lucky to have her. Thank you Debbie!!

Simone D.

Simone D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic Service -When Buying and Selling

We dealt with Barry Plant Rowville (Stan Michael) when we "unexpectedly" came across the perfect house even though we weren't looking at buying. In less than a week the house was ours and we can thank Stan for this as he arranged private viewings when requested and also promptly provided an appraisal on our property. In a five week period we have bought a home, gotten our home ready for sale, listed on the market and sold! (again the sale was all through Stan Michael again). Not bad when we weren't even looking at moving. Stan's advice with respect to the sale of our home, his dealing with prospective buyers and feedback was again fantastic. Thanks Stan and Barry Plant!

KevinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fee for little to no service at Barry Plant Tarneit . Beware!

Kevin

After reviewing this agency, I have not changed of this agency. Use them if you want to pay fees for no to little service.

Kevin

My complaint is against against is Krystle Trembearth, who was directly involved in the non-management of my property and their Director, Rick O'halloran who would not reply my calls (left for him at least twice) to discuss concerns with me.

LydiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Honest, Genuine and Capable Agent

Barry P.Barry Plant

Hi Lydia, Thank you so much for your review and your time on the phone earlier today. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what great service was provided by Christine and Con at Barry Plant Thomastown. Kind Regards, Olivia Campbell

Error or purposely done?

Please put all photos up to properties . Your website had the nice parts of the house and another real estate site had the ugly parts of the house. Both posts should be the same on both sites. Lucky I picked it up otherwise I would have done a trip to the other side of town for nothing.

Another branch put up these nice photos and the property looked nice like the photos.

Thehonestreviewer
Thehonestreviewer

Abhi

AbhiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Barry Plant Dandenong rental dept - worthless service and treatment to tenants.

Terrible property management service

Barry plant Bayside . Forget to invite landlords to their rental inspections, or don't consult with landlord about inspection times suitable to landlord. Our tenant put up satellite dish on our roof without telling agent and when agent informed there was no action. Agent really doesn't care about landlord .

ANZ

ANZUnincorporated, SA

I didn't enjoy my experience

Faraz A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Barry plant agents are rude and disrespectful!

Hi Olivia,

I would definitely give you a call either today or tomorrow morning. Happy to give all details of the incident with the email chain and pictures. Thanks.

Aaron S.

Aaron S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So unprofessional!!! (Barry Plant Reservoir)

I had appointment for the inspection with the agent named [name removed]. I have arrived 5 mins early and just texted him that I was out front the house. He replied to me that he felt sick so he wasn't able to make it today!!! I was like really??? If you don't want to waste your time with this dodgy agent just stay away from them!

Lydiaasked

Hi, I have a friend who is a foreign buyer. Can he buy established houses or only new houses and townhouses? Does he need to get FIRB approval for established or new house/townhouse. Thank you for your time.

Lydia

Non-residents can only buy new properties. They also need to seek approval from the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB), without which, may face severe penalties including up to $135,000 in fines, three years imprisonment or both.

Temporary residents can buy no more than one established dwelling, which must be used as their principal place of residence. They cannot rent out any part of the property, they must sell it within three months of ceasing to use it as their principal place of residence, and they must ensure the property is vacant at settlement.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Lydia

Thanks Kevin! I found your answer very helpful and illuminating. Thanks once again! Lydia

Alexandra M.

Alexandra M.asked

Hi. How long does an application take to process? Thanks!

Sally.G

Sally.Gasked

I have 3 questions for Barry Plant Real Estate:

1. How much does Barry Plant charge for a Tenant Transfer fee?
That is to say, when a tenant is moving out from an ongoing lease and a new tenant moves in.

2. Where on the Barry Plant website can I find information about the fee? ie, the exact fee amount, the fee brake down to explain what the fee is for.

3. Do all Barry Plant offices charge the same Tenant Transfer Fee amount??

Kevin

You would not recommend you to use them unless you want to pay your fees for no service.

Hi Sally,

Tenant transfer fees apply if there is a cost to prepare the new lease agreement.

As we are a franchise company, our offices are individually owned and managed business and processes can vary from office to office and therefore so can the fee - there is no set fee that is applicable. Please refer to your property manager.

Please refer to your lease agreement for break of lease costs as they are always stipulated in the contract that was signed at the commencement of the lease.

Kind regards, Olivia Campbell, Barry Plant Head Office