For Sale By Owner

For Sale By Owner

Sold it myself without any issues

I don’t have anything against real estate agents but I can’t understand why anyone would still use them in this day and age. I was provided with listings on many real estate websites, had professional photos taken, had a big photo board installed on the nature strip and had professional looking brochures to give to people at home opens. The property valuation report I received allowed me to accurately and realistically price my home. What could an agent have provided me with in addition to all that? I suppose they would say that they could have negotiated the price up, but I don’t think so. And even if that were true I would have been hit with $18k commission. Selling without an agent works perfectly well and I for one would definitely do it again.

It worked for us

One the recommendation of a friend, we joined for sale by owner to sell our home of 25 years. We know every inch of the place and it didn’t seem right to let an agent talk about and answer all question about the property which has been our home for so many years. It will be hard for us to now leave and start a new chapter, but we feel happy with the price we got for our home and that we were able to get the know the family who will be moving in to some extent. Having raised our children in our home, it was nice to have sold to a family who have young children themselves. I was pleased with services provided by Forsalebyowner and I would have no hesitation in recommending them as a good way of selling your own home.

Sold in Under 3 Weeks

Loved the whole process. I sold my unit in just under 3 weeks from the moment we put out advertisement on to having a signed contract. One week after that we had an unconditional sale. I feel very pleased with the whole process and I feel like I had complete control over everything. All enquiries came to me in real-time and I found that people really appreciated dealing with me directly without an agent getting in the way. I have already recommended to many others and my sister sill shortly also be selling through forsalebyowner. Thanks for all the assistance provided.

Recommend this website

Can’t fault this business. They supplied everything we needed to sell our home in Noble Park and were easy to get hold of and helpful when we needed it. I would recommend forsalebyowner.com.au to anyone thinking about selling themselves.

Sold

Sold my block in time to nominate before settlement. Happy with my listing and all that was provided. The only thing i would suggest to improve is a special category for sale by nominee. But very good service anyway.

Everything we needed

Forsalebyowner provided us with everything we needed to sell our property. Equipped with great looking brochures and a big photo board, our campaign was as professional as any agent could have done for us. The amount of money saved was very significant. Thanks and we will be recommending you to all our friends.

Highly Recommend

My husband and I highly recommend this business. We sold our property in less than a month and saved a lot of money in doing so ourselves. The ad was easy to prepare and we pretty much did the whole thing independently.

Very Easy to Use

Going it alone without an agent seemed a bit daunting at first, but we got the price we want and sold within weeks, and found the whole process to be quite easy really. We used a conveyancer for the paperwork at settlement, but this would have been necessary even if we had used an agent. Couldn't be happier with the way things turned out.

Great software and support

As an ex agent, the last thing I would have wanted to do is pay another agent thousands of dollars in commission. The team at forsalebyowner.com.au provided great support. Friendly and easy to get hold of business with great software and support.

Thank you!

We couldn’t be more pleased with the way things went with the sale of our apartment in Cairns. Forsalebyowner was easy to deal with, offered good support, and helped us whenever we needed it. We had a good number of enquiries from the start and got an unconditional offer after 5 weeks. Well done fsbo and thanks.

So Happy!

Family friends recommended FSBO to us after they had sold their unit in Hobart late last year. When it was time to put our house on the market we decided to try selling with them ourselves as well. So glad we did!

We chose a package which included professional photography, and in hindsight we really believe this made a big difference to how quickly we were able to achieve a sale. We didn’t want our house to look like a cheap DIY job compared with how agents in the area were marketing their houses, but with the photography ours was every bit as professional looking as the agent ones. If you are thinking of going with them then I would recommend not doing the photos yourself and getting their photographers to do it.

You do need to be able to put a bit of time into it though, mainly dealing with people at home opens. However with the amount of money we saved it certainly was worth it for us.

Thanks to for sale by owner for helping us sell so quickly and allowing us to move into the next exciting phase of our life. Very happy with the way things went!

Outstanding Service

The service provided by the forsalebyowner.com.au team was nothing short of outstanding. Creation and editing of our online listing was simple and we pretty much ran the campaign without needing anyone’s help. Our property went under contract on week 7, which is an amazing result given that properties in our area seem to be on the market for an average of 4 months. I would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of selling their property and looking to do so without a real estate agent.

Very Helpful Staff

Our experience with forsalebyowner.com.au was very positive and stress-free. Our calls were answered and emails replied to promptly, and we felt very supported during the whole process. We were happy with the price we achieved and believe that without having to pay commissions the entire process has saved us close to $20,000. Would definitely use again.

We saved a significant amount of money using For Sale By Owner.

We saved a significant amount of money using For Sale By Owner. After having the property on the market with an agent for quite some time, we decided to try and sell it ourselves and were able to do so within 3 weeks.

Would definitely recommend them to anyone thinking of selling themselves.

I am disappointed

I had no one showing up at the open homes, so I rang to get some help, It took them 2 days to get back to me and according to them apart from some wording my ad was good. Obviously I adjusted my write up, but still no one showed. I posted a comment on their facebook site last night asking for advice, but it was deleted and I am blocked now. Shame, I really trusted them to get some help with selling my property.

Highly Recommend

My brother and I helped our parents sell their home with for sale by owner. They were excellent company and helped us find a buyer for the home quickly. We recommend highly.

Wonderful Experience

Selling ourselves was very rewarding not to mention that we saved a considerable amount of money doing it ourselves. Forsalebyowner was great to deal with and we had full control of our ads, with enquiries coming straight to us.

Really happy with this service

Deciding to sell ourselves was one of the best and rewarding things we have ever done. Financially we saved ourselves just under $20000 in commissions.

Creating our advertisement was so easy and we were able to upload and order photos ourselves and write our own description etc. We did seek feedback from for sale by owner about how we were presenting our unit and got some really good tips about what to leave out and what to concentrate more on. I think our ad presented very well we ran a very professional campaign.

Our unit took 5 weeks to sell and we were offered a price we were happy with. Thanks to all the staff at forsalebyowner.com.au for their help! We will definitely recommend you to all our friends and family.

Highly Recommend

Brilliant service which allowed me to save a lot of money in real estate commissions. Very responsive to my many questions along the way and I felt very supported every time I wanted advice.

Sold!

We have just sold our property through forsalebyowner and couldn’t be happier! Our house was displayed on all the main websites and the for sale board and brochures looked really great. We ran only 4 opens each saturday until we received an offer which we were happy with. Thanks forsalebyowner for helping us sell ourselves.

Hi Could I please ask what the process is when you actually get an offer on your property. With the agents they provide a contract that has the 48 hour cool down period clause.. How is this incorporated into the sale with For Sale by Owner.? This is the part of the process I am a little confused over. many thanks
Hi Penny. Even when using a traditional real estate agent, vendors still need to engage their own conveyancer/solicitor/settlement agent to handle all of the paperwork apart from the contract itself. When selling yourself it's recommended that you also get your conveyancer/solicitor/settlement agent to oversee the signing of the contract. Laws vary from state to state across Australia and we recommend that you have the contract prepared by a professional. Feel free to give us a call should you wish to discuss in more depth.