Bellybean Maternity Pillow

Bellybean Maternity Pillow

4.1

Did not work for me at all

I bought this as an alternative to a huge maternity pillow and honestly found it to be awful. I was only 6 months when it arrived and I felt like it crushed me in between the two pillows and even when I tried using it behind my back just so I didn't roll it gave me a huge backache. Too small to use between my legs (kept slipping away). All around very expensive and didn't work for me at all.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bellybean.com.au for A$90.00.

Caley

CaleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good nursing pillow

I didn’t find the Bellybean to be a comfortable pregnancy pillow but it’s been a great nursing pillow. I lay it across my lap when breastfeeding to support baby’s hips on one side and my elbow on the other.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$85.75.

Ribena

Ribena

Great product, highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2020.

Maria Bac

Maria BacSydney, NSW

AMAZING!!

I am generally a back sleeper and found it hard to stay on my side when I was pregnant. The Belly Bean Maternity Pillow was amazing with helping me stay on my side, in comfort. As the months went by and I got bigger, the pillow tucked perfectly under my belly and behind my back, allowing me to be more comfortable and to sleep better. It was a lifesaver!!

Once I had my baby, I used the Belly Bean Maternity pillow for assistance with feeding and resting my little one as he fell asleep in my arms.

Purchased in May 2018.

Jordan

JordanHunter Region, NSW

Pregnancy lifesaver

I was recommended the belly bean by a friend who used it in both of her pregnancies. Ive been using mine for about 2 months and I love it!
I’m usually a belly sleeper and it has definitely stopped me rolling onto both my belly and my back!
It supports my bump beautifully and is so soft and comfortable I often forget it is there.
After a solid 6 weeks of using it I stayed at my husbands parents house for the weekend and forgot to pack my belly bean - big mistake, that was the worst sleep I had in months!
It’s much smaller than the bulky pregnancy pillows so takes us barely any room in the bed.

Will recommend the belly bean to all my future pregnant friends :)

Purchased in April 2020 at Website.

Kellie

KellieSydney, NSW

Love it!!

This pillow has been a game changer for me. I started out with one of those big body pillows & it was just so bulky I could never get comfortable. The bellybean is nice and small & cradles my pregnant body front and back perfectly! I love how it suppprts my back aswell. Cannot fault it.

Sally M

Sally MSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY

Purchased in May 2020 for A$86.00.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Doesn't prevent rolling onto my back

Purchased in March 2020 at Bubmania Online store for A$81.99.

Not what I hoped for

I like the idea of this pillow, but it just hasn't been very effective for and I am no thinking of buy another pillow. I am 26 weeks and have been using it on and off for 2 months.
Positives are it is small and I don't have to rotate it during the night. It supports my stomach and helps to prevent rolling into my back.
I have started using it every night for the above reasons but every morning I now wake up with back pain which don't get if I slept without the pillow.
I don't know if I'm not using it properly or if it is just not supportive enough for me but it's not comfortable.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$80.00.

Echo

Echo

Much easier to turn over

It has helped with my hip/ back pain & it is much easier to turn over in the night using this rather than the other pregnancy pillow I have but I still need to put a pillow between my knees in addition to this. It does help me to stay on my side, I do occasionally wake up half on my side/ my back but much less than when using the other pillow. I bought mine second hand for $30 & wouldn't want to spend more than that on my bellybean.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$30.00.

Zed

ZedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Life changer!

How did I live without my Bellybean before?! It made night time super comfy during pregnancy, and now my baby is 3 months old, and I still sleep with my Bellybean every single night!

Purchased in June 2019 for A$80.00.

Jamie D.

Jamie D.Sydney, NSW

Unhappy and uncomfortable

I found it to be uncomfortable asked to return it and was told to try it out for a few more nights. I have yet to hear back from the company and am disappointed with the customer service.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$72.00.

mariannouel

mariannouel

Could have been better

I use this pillow religiously since 13 weeks and I am used to sleeping with it. However, the gap between is quite large and I don't feel supported all the times. My main concern is that it doesn't obstruct me from rolling to my back, which is a negative for the price. It does provide support for my belly though.

Love it!

Best pregnancy pillow been using since 12 weeks and now 20 weeks. No need for bulky pillows and it stays in place so when I toss and turn during the night I'm supported on both sides. Well made and definitely recommend

Purchased in June 2019 at Belly bean for A$79.00.

Katie01

Katie01South East Queensland, QLD

Doesn’t provide the support it states

Hmm I’m not 100% on this pillow. I think the gap in between is a little too big as it doesn’t support my back like it says it does. Convenient when turning around in the middle of the night and not having to stuff a pillow under my bump but i still require a heap of pillows to support between my legs and upper body. Unfortunately I’m still uncomfortable while sleeping, not the best pillow for support. Could also do with a little more padding. I would recommend unfortunately, for suckered into Facebook ads.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$85.00.

NinaMM

NinaMMSydney, NSW

A game changer in pregnancy pillows.

This pregnancy pillow is simply perfect.
Not only is it beautifully made, it has allowed me to have the best night sleep I’ve had in a long time!
The pillow supports your belly, back and hips brilliantly and does not take up a lot of room in bed unlike the U shaped pillows.
Although the BellyBean may seem slightly expensive, I can promise you’ll soon forget about the cost when you’re sleeping so comfortably.
Thanks BellyBean!

Purchased in July 2019.

Charlie

Charlie

Nice but average maternity pillow

I've had my belly bean for about a month now, I do like it however it doesn't provide enough support for my back, its perfect on my bump but I still wake up with a really sore lower back, I think it just might be too wide for me (I have had to put extra stuffing in the middle of it to try and bulk it out a bit more). I am finding I need to place an extra pillow underneath it behind my back for extra support. Love using it for sitting up in bed etc & its a nice size plus the cover is really soft. Its an average maternity pillow for me but it seems like it works wonderful for others as per the reviews on here, I don't regret buying it though as it is still useful however I do feel that the price is a bit steep.

Purchased in May 2019 at Belly Bean for A$85.00.

lilian l.

lilian l.Sydney, NSW

Very good support to my back, no back pain at all

My back started to feel a bit sore at around 14 weeks. I didn't like the idea of very bulky maternity pillows since they take up so much space. I am so happy that I picked belly bean. It's very compact and yet gives very good support to my back and tummy. I am 30 weeks now and still enjoy very good sleep. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2019.

So happy I bought it!!!

I was looking forward to purchasing the Bellybean but became sceptical after reading a few negative reviews. After purchasing it I certainly am so relieved that I did! It took a couple of days of getting used to but wow is it helpful and I’m still only 20 weeks. I can only imagine how much more I’d love it as my bump gets bigger!

Purchased in June 2019.

Amy Coote

Amy CootePerth, WA

Great product but overpriced

I really love my bellybean, it's not bulky and certainly helps with the comfort. I still use a pillow between my legs but this is still less bulky than traditional pillows. Happy with the quality. The only thing that is disappointing is the price. I feel $90 is excessive considering its basically an hourglass shaped pillowcase with 2 small round pillows at either end. I thought maybe the pillows might be made out of something special but they are just plain pillows. Could certainly made at home for a fraction of the cost.
All in all, happy with the product but sad I paid that much.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$90.00.