Bellybean Maternity Pillow

Bellybean Maternity Pillow

Highly recommend

I purchased the belly bean pillow in early 2017 in my first pregnancy and loved it, I couldn’t go without it. Fantastic quality, Australian made and product satisfaction certainly justifies the price. I continued to use this pillow whilst breastfeeding as it was personally the perfect shape to sit along my lap while feeding my newborn. Happily pulled it out of the cupboard recently for my second pregnancy and still highly recommend it. However I am sleeping differently, first pregnancy I found fantastic support with the pillow running vertically along my body- one end of the pillow between knees and the other resting against my stomach, this time around running horizontally- one end supporting my tummy and that other end supporting me from rolling onto my back. So versatile. Thanks belly bean team

Purchased in April 2017.

Great sleep for my wife!

My wife was having a terrible time sleeping when she was pregnant .. that was untila friend bought her a belly bean ... it changed her life! AMAZING - 5 stars. She was a new person :)

Purchased in January 2018.

What an amazing product you have created.

Not only is it ethically produced and packaged it is also helpful to get comfortable sleeping. I can’t thank you enough. The pillow is also fantastic for breastfeeding. Love your design and commitment. Brilliant product.

Purchased in July 2008.

Quality & Comfort

I recently purchased this product after reading so many positive reviews online about it. I am very pleased with the quality and comfort it offered me. To be honest, I was fairly shocked to see the overly harsh and accusative review that was on top of the page when I first opened this site to give my feedback. Yes, it is a simple design but I found it very effective and just what I needed after tossing and turning for nights and trying to get comfortable! Thanks Bellybean; I will be telling my friends about this wonderful pillow.

Purchased in March 2019 for $72.00.

Please read before buying: do not buy

so I was just curious about this pillow, and I have such a hard time sleeping at night, I thought I would give it a go. This is actually the biggest waste of money and purely just another ‘pregnancy gimmick’ to suck you in to take your money. Looking at the pillow you think it’s some unique jelly bean shape pillow- but it’s actually not it’s just two single round pillows in a bean shape case. It is actually so uncomfortable and I honestly can’t even use it for anything because it serves no purpose. Also for the price, you’d think that you would get it in some kind of nice packaging at the very least- but no, it came directly from China- smelling like China in nothing but the shipping bag. I have honestly received better packaging off eBay. If you are pregnant looking for something to relieve your back pain.. stick to a heat pack. More women should write up about how useless this product is. If you want to get a sense of it like ‘try before you buy’ go and get two miniature type pillow stick them either side with a 5cm gap and try and lay in between.. make sure the gap doesn’t get bigger when you lay in between... SO uncomfortable. If I could I’d sue these people, that’s how frustrated it makes but it could just be the hormones. Lol but seriously the anger comes back every time I look at it. So I just felt like you all needed to know the truth. Do not buy it! Xx

Purchased in March 2019 at Bellybean.com for $160.00.

Dear Simba,This is a very distressing piece of feedback. I am wondering if you haven't purchased your pillow from a fake site. Firstly our Bellybean is made entirely in Australia and distributed from Sydney. The covers are made from ethically sourced organic cotton. The packaging is deliberately simple so as not to increase land fill. All of the testimonials of our product are from real people. I designed the pillow when I was pregnant and it helped me so much I wanted to share it with others. The pillow costs $85.95 total. The website is www.bellybean.com.au. . The Bellybean works for more than 90% of our customers and we are always happy to assist customers who are not happy with the product. Anyone wishing to contact us is encouraged to do so. Please contact me if you'd like to discuss further. at info@bellybean.com.auHello.. Henk, if that is your real name. Firstly no I didn’t purchase my pillow from a fake site, it was directly from your low budget website. Yes though, it’s such a limited site, even I thought for a second it might be spam. Secondly, ‘deliberate packaging’ for “reducing landfill” - ok so you get an Australian made product, sent to China just to be then put in a postage bag by some slave to reduce landfill? Hmm seems a bit of an excessive process.. ps you could tell it was from China because the ‘PLASTIC’ bag it was in had a Chinese sticker on it. Next, I never argued the testimonials were written by robots.. I mentioned more people should come forward about how awful this product is, which leads me on to my next point. I feel so sorry for you, if this helped you in your pregnancy.. first of all- how old are you? Sure maybe this would have helped if I was pregnant in 1960 and my only other option was a blanket or ordinary pillow. But we are now in 2019!! We no longer need these poorly created gimmicks anymore telling us it will relieve our backpain when they are designed to make it worse and just take our money. Which brings me on to my final point- money.. it’s not about the money, I’m pregnant and If I’m uncomfortable I pay what I need, I’ve paid thousands to try all different pillows to ease my body.. I just bought an amazing body pillow for 900 - money is no factor in my world. What annoys me about your product though, is your false advertising, how genuinely uncomfortable it is, the horrid design, the putrid odour when you receive it, the ridiculous things written on your site that it claims to do, the lack of remorse in your response, and the fact that you are still selling them. And your statistic.. of your product working for 90% of your customers... LOL! are you taking the piss? How is that possible, have you asked 100% of your customers and that was your math? Over was time period are these statistics based on? Out of how many people? Honestly please don’t just make ridiculous figures to cover yourself. It’s pathetic. I have a tech degree and can see you don’t even get enough impressions on your site to even make that statement liable. Anyway if I was you, I would have just apologised and been remorseful instead of your pathetic response. You need to learn to listen to your customers feedback it is vital to growth in an organisation, and it is evident that you haven’t grown or changed because about 90% of people are complaining about it being just two cheap pillows in a larger pillow case and how uncomfortable it is. So as the famous line goes check yourself, before you wreck yourself. Simba

Can't sleep without it

This pillow is perfect for me, when combined with a pillow between my legs. I'm short in height and quite small, and can snuggle perfectly into this pillow. I also live in the warm tropics and didn't want a huge pillow taking up the bed. Ive been using the belly bean since about 15 weeks and am now 30 weeks- cant sleep without it now. Not sure about back support (back pain isn't an issue for me anyway), but this pillow definitely supports my tummy and stops me rolling onto my back or tummy during sleep (previously I slept in all positions).

Waste of money...

The biggest waste of money ever. I’m 5”10 with a solid build (athletic) and the two ends did not support my back or pregnant belly because my torso was too big for the pillow. It must be designed for midgets or something. It was so uncomfortable and has put me off buying another pregnancy pillow for fear I’ll waste my money so I have to settle for building pillow forts every night with my cheap pillows from Kmart which are more comfy then the belly bean. It’s definitely not worth the price they charge; honestly I would value it at $10, it’s crap. It’s almost a scam.

Amazing product - truly surprised

A few people recommended the belly bean to me and I was sceptical as it didn't look like much and I thought it was expensive. But after many weeks of poor sleep I cracked and ordered one. I'm blown away by how comfortable it is, and how much support it gives for such a small pillow. It really feels like sleeping in a padded cradle, so snug and comfy. Has stopped me shifting around a lot.

Not just for pregnancy- great for lower back pain

Let's just say I am of mature age..not pregnant..I had a bad fall a few months ago and damaged my shoulder so I had to sleep on my side,normal pillows wouldn't stay in place but this pillow 'stays put'..Normal pillow for my head then I place one side between my knees and my shoulder on the head piece and the other side against my back it gave me support and fixed my chronic lower back problem..marvelous !!! I sleep very well now I can't recommend this type of pillow enough,,,,

Relieved all my pregnancy back pain!

I bought this pillow in my second trimester when I started getting heavier and suffered from lower back, pelvic girdle pain and glute pain. I'm usually a back/tummy sleeper and I toss and turn like theres no tomorrow! The pillow restrained me from moving around too much, and its a bonus that it doesn't take up half the bed. Doesn't work for me as a breastfeeding pillow though...

Not worth for money

I spent 89$ for something worth $10 really disappointed. I used this for second pregnancy and went out of shape after 8 weeks the pillow material you find it in any cheaper 2$ shop... only the pillow case is different.. anyway it’s helpful the way they have designed the pillow...but way tooooooooo expensive... don’t waste your money especially when your pregnant and there’s million stuff to buy in future...

Waste of money!

Do not waste your money. This product is severely overpriced and their profit margin must be huge. You would be better off going down to local cheap as chips store and buying two small $5 pillows and placing them in a pillow case. His is essentially all this product is. The material the pillow is made out of is super cheap and nasty and the only design feature is the custom shape - which does nothing. I'm really disappointed that I paid $89 for something worth $10. Outrageous - puts a bad name to Australian made products.

Not for me

The pillow was well manufactured etc, but it didn't suit my body shape and was a complete waste of money. I used it for 1-2 nights from mid-pregnancy. As my pregnancy progressed I tried it again, but still no good. I found it useless as a feeding pillow and think most people would find it useless, so that bit of marketing is a big stretch.

Great for back sleepers

I asked my friends to buy me a bellybean for my birthday and I'm glad I did! As many have said, the construction is very simple; 2 round cushions with empty space in between. However, I love it because one cushion supports your tummy if you lie on your side, and if you normally sleep on your back, the other cushion stops you from lying flat on your back so your weight is mostly shifted to one side. Since the 2 cushions are joined in the middle, you don't have to worry about either sliding away from you. I've had my bellybean since week 19 and I definitely notice the difference when I lie down without it. My partner is also glad that it doesn't take up half the bed!

I really like the soft jersey fabric that the cover is made of as well, and the cover is secured with small, round metal fasteners that are barely noticeable if you happen to lie on them.

Highly recommended if you're looking for a pregnancy pillow that isn't too obstructive for your partner, but also provides the support you need for a good night's sleep.

Love it ...

So good for your back and belly... i hated moving pillows arould at night and this product stops that....
Using this for my 2nd baby.. and its not as good as when i get it new.. but still works..
If you do get this pillow.. you wont be disappointed at all!

Price too high for what it is

Pretty similar to a review below - the product is just 2 small round cheap cushion inserts inside a cover, which you can only use one way due to the opening on one side. Was kind of comfortable to lay on but definitely not worth the high price, and it became misshapen pretty quickly too. I can't really understand all the really good reviews. I would have given the product an "ok" rating but it got poor because of the poor value for money. Even if you are paying for the "idea", it's far too high.

Best pillow!

This pillow is the best! Having severe rib pain that used to keep me awake at night, this pillow had made such a difference! It's now way more comfortable when i sleep & the pillow doesn't move when I turn sides, so it's perfect! Would definitely recommend it to other pregnant women!

Love My BellyBean

I love this pillow! I have had the best sleep since using this pillow, it's made such a big difference when I wake up feeling refreshed and also for my energy levels throughout the day. I love that the pillow is made in Australia and Ethical too. Worth the money for sure!

Very comfy and useful

I was recommended to get this early on in my pregnancy and i just love it!! It really helped me through each trimester, i had a c-section 10 days ago and the bellybean is helping me to get comfortable especially as i'm still very sore and bruised. 10/10 to bellybean

Not what I expected

I was expecting a spectacular pillow for the high price, but was a little taken aback when it was just 2 cheap round inner cushions and a cover. After a number of months, the velcro had lost it's strength and would come loose, which irritated me when lying against it. It was comfortable to use, but I can't justify the high price!