Bellybean Maternity Pillow

Bellybean Maternity Pillow

Please read before buying: do not buy

so I was just curious about this pillow, and I have such a hard time sleeping at night, I thought I would give it a go. This is actually the biggest waste of money and purely just another ‘pregnancy gimmick’ to suck you in to take your money. Looking at the pillow you think it’s some unique jelly bean shape pillow- but it’s actually not it’s just two single round pillows in a bean shape case. It is actually so uncomfortable and I honestly can’t even use it for anything because it serves no purpose. Also for the price, you’d think that you would get it in some kind of nice packaging at the very least- but no, it came directly from China- smelling like China in nothing but the shipping bag. I have honestly received better packaging off eBay. If you are pregnant looking for something to relieve your back pain.. stick to a heat pack. More women should write up about how useless this product is. If you want to get a sense of it like ‘try before you buy’ go and get two miniature type pillow stick them either side with a 5cm gap and try and lay in between.. make sure the gap doesn’t get bigger when you lay in between... SO uncomfortable. If I could I’d sue these people, that’s how frustrated it makes but it could just be the hormones. Lol but seriously the anger comes back every time I look at it. So I just felt like you all needed to know the truth. Do not buy it! Xx

Purchased in March 2019 at Bellybean.com for $160.00.

Can't sleep without it

This pillow is perfect for me, when combined with a pillow between my legs. I'm short in height and quite small, and can snuggle perfectly into this pillow. I also live in the warm tropics and didn't want a huge pillow taking up the bed. Ive been using the belly bean since about 15 weeks and am now 30 weeks- cant sleep without it now. Not sure about back support (back pain isn't an issue for me anyway), but this pillow definitely supports my tummy and stops me rolling onto my back or tummy during sleep (previously I slept in all positions).

Waste of money...

The biggest waste of money ever. I’m 5”10 with a solid build (athletic) and the two ends did not support my back or pregnant belly because my torso was too big for the pillow. It must be designed for midgets or something. It was so uncomfortable and has put me off buying another pregnancy pillow for fear I’ll waste my money so I have to settle for building pillow forts every night with my cheap pillows from Kmart which are more comfy then the belly bean. It’s definitely not worth the price they charge; honestly I would value it at $10, it’s crap. It’s almost a scam.

Amazing product - truly surprised

A few people recommended the belly bean to me and I was sceptical as it didn't look like much and I thought it was expensive. But after many weeks of poor sleep I cracked and ordered one. I'm blown away by how comfortable it is, and how much support it gives for such a small pillow. It really feels like sleeping in a padded cradle, so snug and comfy. Has stopped me shifting around a lot.

Not just for pregnancy- great for lower back pain

Let's just say I am of mature age..not pregnant..I had a bad fall a few months ago and damaged my shoulder so I had to sleep on my side,normal pillows wouldn't stay in place but this pillow 'stays put'..Normal pillow for my head then I place one side between my knees and my shoulder on the head piece and the other side against my back it gave me support and fixed my chronic lower back problem..marvelous !!! I sleep very well now I can't recommend this type of pillow enough,,,,

Relieved all my pregnancy back pain!

I bought this pillow in my second trimester when I started getting heavier and suffered from lower back, pelvic girdle pain and glute pain. I'm usually a back/tummy sleeper and I toss and turn like theres no tomorrow! The pillow restrained me from moving around too much, and its a bonus that it doesn't take up half the bed. Doesn't work for me as a breastfeeding pillow though...

Not worth for money

I spent 89$ for something worth $10 really disappointed. I used this for second pregnancy and went out of shape after 8 weeks the pillow material you find it in any cheaper 2$ shop... only the pillow case is different.. anyway it’s helpful the way they have designed the pillow...but way tooooooooo expensive... don’t waste your money especially when your pregnant and there’s million stuff to buy in future...

Waste of money!

Do not waste your money. This product is severely overpriced and their profit margin must be huge. You would be better off going down to local cheap as chips store and buying two small $5 pillows and placing them in a pillow case. His is essentially all this product is. The material the pillow is made out of is super cheap and nasty and the only design feature is the custom shape - which does nothing. I'm really disappointed that I paid $89 for something worth $10. Outrageous - puts a bad name to Australian made products.

Not for me

The pillow was well manufactured etc, but it didn't suit my body shape and was a complete waste of money. I used it for 1-2 nights from mid-pregnancy. As my pregnancy progressed I tried it again, but still no good. I found it useless as a feeding pillow and think most people would find it useless, so that bit of marketing is a big stretch.

Great for back sleepers

I asked my friends to buy me a bellybean for my birthday and I'm glad I did! As many have said, the construction is very simple; 2 round cushions with empty space in between. However, I love it because one cushion supports your tummy if you lie on your side, and if you normally sleep on your back, the other cushion stops you from lying flat on your back so your weight is mostly shifted to one side. Since the 2 cushions are joined in the middle, you don't have to worry about either sliding away from you. I've had my bellybean since week 19 and I definitely notice the difference when I lie down without it. My partner is also glad that it doesn't take up half the bed!

I really like the soft jersey fabric that the cover is made of as well, and the cover is secured with small, round metal fasteners that are barely noticeable if you happen to lie on them.

Highly recommended if you're looking for a pregnancy pillow that isn't too obstructive for your partner, but also provides the support you need for a good night's sleep.

Love it ...

So good for your back and belly... i hated moving pillows arould at night and this product stops that....
Using this for my 2nd baby.. and its not as good as when i get it new.. but still works..
If you do get this pillow.. you wont be disappointed at all!

Price too high for what it is

Pretty similar to a review below - the product is just 2 small round cheap cushion inserts inside a cover, which you can only use one way due to the opening on one side. Was kind of comfortable to lay on but definitely not worth the high price, and it became misshapen pretty quickly too. I can't really understand all the really good reviews. I would have given the product an "ok" rating but it got poor because of the poor value for money. Even if you are paying for the "idea", it's far too high.

Best pillow!

This pillow is the best! Having severe rib pain that used to keep me awake at night, this pillow had made such a difference! It's now way more comfortable when i sleep & the pillow doesn't move when I turn sides, so it's perfect! Would definitely recommend it to other pregnant women!

Love My BellyBean

I love this pillow! I have had the best sleep since using this pillow, it's made such a big difference when I wake up feeling refreshed and also for my energy levels throughout the day. I love that the pillow is made in Australia and Ethical too. Worth the money for sure!

Very comfy and useful

I was recommended to get this early on in my pregnancy and i just love it!! It really helped me through each trimester, i had a c-section 10 days ago and the bellybean is helping me to get comfortable especially as i'm still very sore and bruised. 10/10 to bellybean

Not what I expected

I was expecting a spectacular pillow for the high price, but was a little taken aback when it was just 2 cheap round inner cushions and a cover. After a number of months, the velcro had lost it's strength and would come loose, which irritated me when lying against it. It was comfortable to use, but I can't justify the high price!

Love it

I'm a back sleeper so trying to stay off my back with pillows stuffed everywhere is annoying and them consistently falling on the floor! The bellybean keeps me on my side but supporting my sore lower back and comfortable on my tummy without squishing it! And being double sided I don't have to move it everytime I turn over is great! Love it

Love the belly bean!

So comfortable for a usual tummy sleeper! I put a normal pillow between my knees and there is no pressure anywhere! My lower back used to hurt all the time and this completely stopped it. I still toss and turn but it's easy to because you don't have to rearrange the belly bean every time. Worth the money!

Every pregnant women should get this!!

I had terrible pelvic pain since my belly got bigger, bought a body pillow and also put pillow around my waist but didn't help. Bellybean is a life saver!! I read all the positive reviews here but I doubted what this small pillow can do to help my pain and I was wrong! I shouldn't have waited so long before getting this pillow!! It's so easy to move the pillow around my belly and my back to the correct position, you don't have to bring the whole pillow with you when you switch side, and the best thing is the pillow is washable, it'll become fluffy again once you washed it. I used bellybean combine with my body pillow and my pelvic pain was gone!! Highly recommend this pillow to all pregnant women!!

Awesome product and great customer service

I was really struggling with throbbing hip and glute muscles, I got to 20 weeks pregnant and started trying everything, not being used to sleeping on my side before, this was a big change for me. We bought an extra thick mattress topper for our bed, a faux sheep skin to sleep on for the hip area, did a few sessions at an osteopath, did yoga and stretching, extra pillow between my legs (pillow would always end up on hubby side of bed!), all i can say is thank goodness i gave this a whirl. It seems to somehow take the pressure off my hips and redistributes the weight around that area of the body, so the pressure does not build up as much. Have had belly bean for 2 weeks now and just hope the magic run so far continues being now 27 weeks! All you can do is try what you can and to be honest you cant put a price on a good nights sleep!