Bicycles Online

Bicycles Online

Perfect couple: Polygon and Bicycleonline

Very very surprised. The bike arrived in 24 hours, perfectly packed. The components have been assembled very well. Cables and tubes ok. Brakes and gearbox ok. Well registered derailleurs. The road test on Mount Majura and Mount Stromlo went very well. Very handy and smooth. It climbs easily and downhill from a feeling of security. The fork work well and thee wide wheels make it float on rough edges. The weight is low and the price the same: it's very competitive and he fears no comparison with other more "noble" bikes. I am very very happy with this bike and with precise and accurate assistance. Thank you very much Polygon & Bicycleonline!
Maurizio, italian biker.

So happy

I've had quite a few different types of mud guards these are the best so far. The front mud guards are secure aswell as the rear. They are good quality too and easy to fit. They fit perfectly on 29 inch tyres aswell which I'm happy about.

Store LocationOnline

Online purchase of ex-demo - not a great deal after all!

Multiple issues with purchase of ex-demo Strattos S7: unable/unwilling to repair faults; slow communication; sloppy delivery practices. Online purchase of ex-demo was a poor experience on many levels.

Delivery
Bike left standing on front porch without prior delivery notification either via SMS, email or online. Luckily not stolen as it was obviously a shiny new road bike and I arrived back from an interstate holiday that evening. SMSs and E-mails advising delivery notification eventually arrived after 11pm that night. Wrote back to BO via SMS and email advising of issues with delivery notifications and online logistics systems. Nobody responded.

Experience with the bike
Part was missing on the front wheel skewer. Must have been overlooked in repackaging the ex-demo bike at BO before shipping. Unfortunately I didn't pick this up until kms into my first ride. This caused the tire to rub on the inner fork. Inner fork ended up gouged; side of tire worn / shredded; wheel hub metal worn due to friction from the fork. Ended up needing to walk back home. See photo attached.

Experience with customer service
Advised customer service phone rep (in Indonesia?) of the issue about midday on a Friday. No contact from the local BO customer service rep (Warehouse Manager) until late Monday via email (advised he was busy with other matters). Offered in this email to send missing part. I responded by email that it seemed reasonable for BO to replace the damaged components as the root cause was a fault with packaging on their end. BO advertise a National Servicing Network on their website so I thought getting things fixed should be straightforward. Received a refusal to my proposal with only two options offered: send the missing part with a $50 refund; or collect the bike and provide a full refund.

I rate this overall experience poor and highlights the kind of things that can go wrong with online purchases. After thousands of online purchases, this was one of the worst. It could so easily have been a great experience: call me on Friday acknowledging the fault and proposing I come into a local Service partner Monday morning who would replace the damaged components free of charge. Feels like BO is getting a bit complacent about customer service. Anyway hope this info was useful in understanding what can go wrong versus buying from a local bike shop.

Store LocationOnline
Thank you for your review and sorry to hear about the issues. Firstly, I have checked with the courier Direct Freight about the delivery of your bike and can see that the bike was signed for on arrival on 25th March at 3.49pm. I am unsure how the parcel was left on the porch and a signature received. A few solutions were offered in this scenario, I note that you have opted to have the hub cone sent to you and a $50 refund issued back to your account. We try to help customers as best we can to have them up and running on their bike as quickly as possible. In some cases sadly it is not possible to move forward the way a customer would like us to as there are process and procedure in place. It is sometimes not as simple to swap things like a fork. When the request was made for parts to be changed we had a look here at our stock on hand and noticed we do not have any of the S7 models left in your size. When sizes of bikes change so does the length of the steerer which meant we could not replace you with the same item without giving you the wrong size. When we order parts from Polygon, especially carbon forks they can take up to three months to arrive here as they go onto the next production schedule. We hope that all your other previous purchases went smoothly with us. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.I would have been happy to receive replacements for the damaged parts (fork, wheel hub, tire) as they came in from backorder. You did not offer this. You only offered two alternative options and I said was not happy with either as I simply wanted the damaged parts replaced. I took the best of the two unpreferred options you offered. That does not mean I am happy with the one I accepted. Lastly, communiting with customers via electronically in this kind of way is a very poor method to resolve issues. You offered no information about the issues in replacing parts in your initial email. You basically just said you couldnt replace the damaged parts. Full stop. After calling to raise the initial issue, nobody called back. Just back and forth emails. I think that is a very poor communication considering the cost of the item.Apr 8, 4:24 PM AEST [Name Removed], I'm attaching additional photos. It seems the hub cone was not included on the lever side when the demo bike was assembled for shipment. The friction from the tyre and wheel has damaged the inner fork, worn the metal wheel hub and worn rubber from tyre. Shouldn't all these be replaced as I didn't cause this issue? Darren Apr 9, 9:15 AM AEST Hi Darren, I cannot replace all of those items I am afraid. I can do a couple of things here and whichever you choose we can proceed with. - I can send the replacement hub cone + send $50 refund. - I can arrange to have the bike collected for a full refund given the circumstances. Again, I do apologise for the damage and mess around, it is defiantly not a usual practice. Best Regards [Name Removed] Warehouse and Service Manager Bicycles Online Australia Apr 9, 4:05 PM AEST [Name Removed], Not happy with either option offered as I would rather have the damaged caused (through the packing mistake on your side) rectified via your advertised “National Service Network”. But, as you say, you can’t do that. So, please send the “hub cone” not included in the original delivery (i.e. this is not a replacement scenario) with the $50 refund. Darren

Fantastic! Be seen easily

Fantastic lights! Easily assembly, sturdy on the bike. The high number of lumens allows rider to be seen easily on roads. A must have as winter approaches. Would buy again.

Fastest delivery

I’ve bought from these guys a couple of times now and I’ve been really happy. Mainly due to the speed things have arrived. I’m in Sydney and maybe that helps.
I’ll continue shopping with them!

Store LocationOnline store

Very happy with the Entity HL 800 and HL 100 lights!!

Very impressed with the build quality and performance of the Entity HL 800 front and RL 100 rear lights. Extremely good value for money and more than enough light for my early morning commute. Highly recommended.

Store LocationBicycles Online

Great all multi-purpose sensor.

Two birds with one stone. Needed ant+ to talk to bike computer. Needed Bluetooth for Strava on phone. This does both, is compatible with multiple devises & is stylish too. Highly recommended.

Great support for Aldi Crane bikes

Rang up for warranty on Aldi Crane eBike. Call answered promptly by knowledgeable person who knew the bike. Sent out replacement part and received in 3 days. Great support, recommended.

Store LocationAldi

Brilliant bike. Great features and performance. Great price.

Brilliant bike. Great features and performance. Great price.

Great service from the guys at Bicycles Online. If you’re in the market for a 24” bike this is a great balance of performance and cost.

The frame is well finished too.

Store LocationWebsite

New rig!

Good swift service from bicycle online. The bike is awesome. This was the biggest online purchase I’ve ever made. A little nervous, however once delivered , assembled & shade down ride completed. I was happy as kid in candy shop!

Love my new bike!!

The polygon zenith - easy to put together, an absolute joy to ride. I even had a guy sing out how he loved my bike as i rode past! Love it!

Happy Customer

Very impressed with the whole process from ordering to delivery, very satisfied with my Polygon Heist 5.0 - 29er Hybrid Commuter Bike, I ride to and from work 4 times a week in a remote area and the bike is ideal for my environment. Bike looks great, feels great and handles great, many km's in front of me and when coming off night shift is an ideal wind down commute home.

Great bike and just what I was looking for.

Love my Polygon XStrada 7.0.
Great components and finish. The purchase was hassle free and delivery super fast within 2 days. I couldn’t be happier and will be more than happy to purchase my next bike through Bicycles online again.

Slow delivery....

The web site says it will deliver in 3 working days.... It's been over a week now.......very disappointed. If I had known it would have taken so long I would have gone in to a shop to by the same bike. No one answered emails or calls. Shocking service.

Looking forward to many happy miles

Great quality bike, i was very impressed with the finish on everything. I did have my doubts about the gears and the cable disc brakes. But wow this thing changes gears so well and once the pads bedded in i couldn't tell they were cable operated.
As long as the weather stays fine the cables shouldn't be an issue.
But the best thing about this tandem is it is easy to ride and just a great fun healthy way to spend time with someone special.
Just do it you will love it.

Our new bike trailer

We are using our trailer daily. We have found happiness from this to date. The only problem is the flexible coupling keeps working its way loose on the rear rim hub that it's attached too!

I bought a Mountain Bike, Great bicycle, easy to handle,

Staff was very friendly, ready to help, and the advice was spot on. In one and half day, the bike was delivery.. to cut short no regret.

My 3rd Polygon

As a repeat buyer from Bicycles Online (BO) and Polygon (this is my 3rd bike) I have been extremely happy with the product overall but also the customer service and after sales care that I have received. My current bike – a 2017 T8 Colossus - has been a fantastic ride it has excellent agility and responsiveness on DH and Flow Trails and doesn’t suffer from pedal bob or slack handling on climbs and general XC. That being said, the bike did have a frame issue requiring rectification under warranty by Polygon. Throughout the warranty process, both Polygon and BO have provided excellent customer service, have been very helpful and understanding and have also provided a replacement item far in excess of their responsibility to do so (Replacement of my T8 frame with an N9 Spec one after it was identified that Polygon did not have my size in stock). Throughout the process, BO have maintained strong communication, have organised all postage services and conducted the complete equipment transfer. Thanks again for all your help Greg Miles, I appreciate your high standard of service.

Looking at my next road bike now.

Thanks again,

Great service and fast delivery

Purchased a few items in two separate transactions online over the Christmas holidays. Delivery was well packed and arrived in a couple of business days.

Nice bike - but room for improvement

Good value bike for lady rider (new to the road) but a few issues found out of the box.

Positives
* Tiagra groupset runs smoothly, requiring little adjustment. Looks good too.
* Frame is stiff, strong. Brilliant paintjob.
* Carbon fork a nice touch.
* Rides well. No speed wobbles. No sounds.
* Sizing charts accurate.
* Schwalbe tyres roll well. No punctures after 600km.
* Quick delivery, well packaged and good back-up service.

Negatives
* Both wheels untrue out of the box (rear had buckle - BO offered to reimburse cost of repair).
* Excessive cable housing around bars and under bottom bracket a potential hazard (and messy).
* Wafer thin bar tape used.
* Bike relatively heavy (expected at this pricepoint).
* Should be options for headstem lengths.

Thanks to the BO team for allowing me to offer this feedback in the right spirit. Overall, a positive experience. Cheers!

Hi, i would like to know when is the 2019 polygon xtrada 6.0 going to be release here in Australia and how much is the estimated price? Thanks!

Hi. I ordered a bicycle and paid for it on the 17th of July and still haven't received it. I have sent numerous emails with only one reply which was in poor English saying it was delayed leaving the factory. My order number is 10418. My bank details show it was paid to Wanpinyuan Shenzen Chn. S388168486396991 China 0000 Look forward to hearing from you. Thnx Ricky De Agrela
Hello Thanks for getting in touch Unfortunately, you have purchased from a fraud website. You did not purchase from our website as shown below We are the only distributor of Marin and Polygon bicycles in Australia. Here is our website -https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au If you have found the site on Facebook or Instagram, please help us by marking this site as fraud. There should be a button on the top right corner of the post. Press scam to help us stop this site. I would suggest contacting your bank to have your money reimbursed, if you have already made a purchase Kind Regards

Good day,,I've ordered last June 21,2018..but until now we didn't receive yet the product..is this a scam?

Similar listings