Bicycles Online

Bicycles Online

See the Best Bike Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Polygon Impression AX

We purchased the tandem for our business to accommodate people with disabilities (not able to ride a bike by themselves), team building and for kids who like to ride with their parents etc. We own the bike for a few weeks and enjoying to take customers out and about on the Impression AX.
Great value for money and recommend it to everyone who likes to purchase a tandem.

Polygon Xtrada 8.0 Mountain Bike

This is the first bike I have purchased for about 20 years. I am no extreme mtb rider but I wanted something that was light reliable and easy to ride. This bike is all of those things with top of the range parts that are so easy and smooth when changing gears. It was the same or better than any comparable bike i looked at at a similar price or in some cases nearly half! Postage was super fast to Qld regional and the bike was packed exceptionally well and easy to assemble. The guys from bicycles online were very helpful and quick to respond to any questions i had. With a 14 day ride and try return
policy you really can’t go wrong. I guess time will tell if the bike holds up but I have thrown the box away now because Im fairly confident it will be fine!

Extremely happy with my polygon premier 4.

I was looking for an entry level Mountain Bike. After my research decided to buy the premier 4. This bike handles really well and very capable of next level. Big tyres, good brakes and gears, reasonably light. I'll be expanding my range of tracks and looking forward to some fast down hill trails.

Great Great Great

Wonderful service both online and in delivery.
Great value for money.
Amazing quality of products.
Super super helpful staff
What more needs to be said! We will be back!
I highly recommend bicyclesonline. com.au

Great value but customer service really made the difference

I was reluctant to order a mountain bike online after a local retailer, from whom I had purchased before, tried to convince me it would be a bad decision in every respect. However, I took the risk given the substantial premium I would be paying to buy a bike with nearly identical specifications locally. I was pleased with my decision to go with Bicycles Online not only for the two day delivery, the pre-assembly and the quality of the bike, but for their willingness to quickly work through an issue I raised on delivery. Customer service is still alive and you can get it online, not just in a bricks and mortar store.

Good online company

Good customer service, good prices, could do with a larger range, but a fair amount of stuff as is. Always good to support Australian. Need more words to post this review...

Greg Warehouse manager was great!!

Had an issue over a purchased item gone lost with Australian Post, Greg called me and sent me a new item quickly and without waiting for the AP to get back to them... this is customer service!!! A+

Perfect couple: Polygon and Bicycleonline

Very very surprised. The bike arrived in 24 hours, perfectly packed. The components have been assembled very well. Cables and tubes ok. Brakes and gearbox ok. Well registered derailleurs. The road test on Mount Majura and Mount Stromlo went very well. Very handy and smooth. It climbs easily and downhill from a feeling of security. The fork work well and thee wide wheels make it float on rough edges. The weight is low and the price the same: it's very competitive and he fears no comparison with other more "noble" bikes. I am very very happy with this bike and with precise and accurate assistance. Thank you very much Polygon & Bicycleonline!
Maurizio, italian biker.

So happy

I've had quite a few different types of mud guards these are the best so far. The front mud guards are secure aswell as the rear. They are good quality too and easy to fit. They fit perfectly on 29 inch tyres aswell which I'm happy about.

Online purchase of ex-demo - not a great deal after all!

Multiple issues with purchase of ex-demo Strattos S7: unable/unwilling to repair faults; slow communication; sloppy delivery practices. Online purchase of ex-demo was a poor experience on many levels.

Delivery
Bike left standing on front porch without prior delivery notification either via SMS, email or online. Luckily not stolen as it was obviously a shiny new road bike and I arrived back from an interstate holiday that evening. SMSs and E-mails advising delivery notification eventually arrived after 11pm that night. Wrote back to BO via SMS and email advising of issues with delivery notifications and online logistics systems. Nobody responded.

Experience with the bike
Part was missing on the front wheel skewer. Must have been overlooked in repackaging the ex-demo bike at BO before shipping. Unfortunately I didn't pick this up until kms into my first ride. This caused the tire to rub on the inner fork. Inner fork ended up gouged; side of tire worn / shredded; wheel hub metal worn due to friction from the fork. Ended up needing to walk back home. See photo attached.

Experience with customer service
Advised customer service phone rep (in Indonesia?) of the issue about midday on a Friday. No contact from the local BO customer service rep (Warehouse Manager) until late Monday via email (advised he was busy with other matters). Offered in this email to send missing part. I responded by email that it seemed reasonable for BO to replace the damaged components as the root cause was a fault with packaging on their end. BO advertise a National Servicing Network on their website so I thought getting things fixed should be straightforward. Received a refusal to my proposal with only two options offered: send the missing part with a $50 refund; or collect the bike and provide a full refund.

I rate this overall experience poor and highlights the kind of things that can go wrong with online purchases. After thousands of online purchases, this was one of the worst. It could so easily have been a great experience: call me on Friday acknowledging the fault and proposing I come into a local Service partner Monday morning who would replace the damaged components free of charge. Feels like BO is getting a bit complacent about customer service. Anyway hope this info was useful in understanding what can go wrong versus buying from a local bike shop.

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear about the issues. Firstly, I have checked with the courier Direct Freight about the delivery of your bike and can see that the bike was signed for on arrival on 25th March at 3.49pm. I am unsure how the parcel was left on the porch and a signature received. A few solutions were offered in this scenario, I note that you have opted to have the hub cone sent to you and a $50 refund issued back to your account. We try to help customers as best we can to have them up and running on their bike as quickly as possible. In some cases sadly it is not possible to move forward the way a customer would like us to as there are process and procedure in place. It is sometimes not as simple to swap things like a fork. When the request was made for parts to be changed we had a look here at our stock on hand and noticed we do not have any of the S7 models left in your size. When sizes of bikes change so does the length of the steerer which meant we could not replace you with the same item without giving you the wrong size. When we order parts from Polygon, especially carbon forks they can take up to three months to arrive here as they go onto the next production schedule. We hope that all your other previous purchases went smoothly with us. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.I would have been happy to receive replacements for the damaged parts (fork, wheel hub, tire) as they came in from backorder. You did not offer this. You only offered two alternative options and I said was not happy with either as I simply wanted the damaged parts replaced. I took the best of the two unpreferred options you offered. That does not mean I am happy with the one I accepted. Lastly, communiting with customers via electronically in this kind of way is a very poor method to resolve issues. You offered no information about the issues in replacing parts in your initial email. You basically just said you couldnt replace the damaged parts. Full stop. After calling to raise the initial issue, nobody called back. Just back and forth emails. I think that is a very poor communication considering the cost of the item.Apr 8, 4:24 PM AEST [Name Removed], I'm attaching additional photos. It seems the hub cone was not included on the lever side when the demo bike was assembled for shipment. The friction from the tyre and wheel has damaged the inner fork, worn the metal wheel hub and worn rubber from tyre. Shouldn't all these be replaced as I didn't cause this issue? Darren Apr 9, 9:15 AM AEST Hi Darren, I cannot replace all of those items I am afraid. I can do a couple of things here and whichever you choose we can proceed with. - I can send the replacement hub cone + send $50 refund. - I can arrange to have the bike collected for a full refund given the circumstances. Again, I do apologise for the damage and mess around, it is defiantly not a usual practice. Best Regards [Name Removed] Warehouse and Service Manager Bicycles Online Australia Apr 9, 4:05 PM AEST [Name Removed], Not happy with either option offered as I would rather have the damaged caused (through the packing mistake on your side) rectified via your advertised “National Service Network”. But, as you say, you can’t do that. So, please send the “hub cone” not included in the original delivery (i.e. this is not a replacement scenario) with the $50 refund. Darren

Fantastic! Be seen easily

Fantastic lights! Easily assembly, sturdy on the bike. The high number of lumens allows rider to be seen easily on roads. A must have as winter approaches. Would buy again.

Fastest delivery

I’ve bought from these guys a couple of times now and I’ve been really happy. Mainly due to the speed things have arrived. I’m in Sydney and maybe that helps.
I’ll continue shopping with them!

Very happy with the Entity HL 800 and HL 100 lights!!

Very impressed with the build quality and performance of the Entity HL 800 front and RL 100 rear lights. Extremely good value for money and more than enough light for my early morning commute. Highly recommended.

Great all multi-purpose sensor.

Two birds with one stone. Needed ant+ to talk to bike computer. Needed Bluetooth for Strava on phone. This does both, is compatible with multiple devises & is stylish too. Highly recommended.

Great support for Aldi Crane bikes

Rang up for warranty on Aldi Crane eBike. Call answered promptly by knowledgeable person who knew the bike. Sent out replacement part and received in 3 days. Great support, recommended.

Brilliant bike. Great features and performance. Great price.

Brilliant bike. Great features and performance. Great price.

Great service from the guys at Bicycles Online. If you’re in the market for a 24” bike this is a great balance of performance and cost.

The frame is well finished too.

New rig!

Good swift service from bicycle online. The bike is awesome. This was the biggest online purchase I’ve ever made. A little nervous, however once delivered , assembled & shade down ride completed. I was happy as kid in candy shop!

Love my new bike!!

The polygon zenith - easy to put together, an absolute joy to ride. I even had a guy sing out how he loved my bike as i rode past! Love it!

Happy Customer

Very impressed with the whole process from ordering to delivery, very satisfied with my Polygon Heist 5.0 - 29er Hybrid Commuter Bike, I ride to and from work 4 times a week in a remote area and the bike is ideal for my environment. Bike looks great, feels great and handles great, many km's in front of me and when coming off night shift is an ideal wind down commute home.

Great bike and just what I was looking for.

Love my Polygon XStrada 7.0.
Great components and finish. The purchase was hassle free and delivery super fast within 2 days. I couldn’t be happier and will be more than happy to purchase my next bike through Bicycles online again.

Hi, i would like to know when is the 2019 polygon xtrada 6.0 going to be release here in Australia and how much is the estimated price? Thanks!

Hi. I ordered a bicycle and paid for it on the 17th of July and still haven't received it. I have sent numerous emails with only one reply which was in poor English saying it was delayed leaving the factory. My order number is 10418. My bank details show it was paid to Wanpinyuan Shenzen Chn. S388168486396991 China 0000 Look forward to hearing from you. Thnx Ricky De Agrela
Hello Thanks for getting in touch Unfortunately, you have purchased from a fraud website. You did not purchase from our website as shown below We are the only distributor of Marin and Polygon bicycles in Australia. Here is our website -https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au If you have found the site on Facebook or Instagram, please help us by marking this site as fraud. There should be a button on the top right corner of the post. Press scam to help us stop this site. I would suggest contacting your bank to have your money reimbursed, if you have already made a purchase Kind Regards

Good day,,I've ordered last June 21,2018..but until now we didn't receive yet the product..is this a scam?