Mountain Bikes Direct

See the Best Bike Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mountain Bikes Direct

Great customer service!!

We had some issues with some shoes we ordered (my sons doing) and Nicolas in customer service was fantastic in sorting these out for us. Polite, efficient and very helpful!

Mtb Direct is a big corporate company that doesn't really care about service or customer satisfaction.

MTB D.Mountain Bikes DirectSend a private message
Tristan J.
Tristan J.Coombs 2611, ACT

Well laid out website, easy ordering, quick postage and great service.

I’ve made several orders through MTB Direct now. All have been posted in good time and arrived well. Wrote to them recently as it looked like an item had been previously used (it had some very minor damage, I suspect it had been returned by someone like that and they just hadn’t noticed). I wasn’t really expecting much as it’s still functional, just letting them know I was a bit bummed.
Got a reply back within 12 hours to offer a replacement plus gift voucher, or a generous part refund if I was happy to keep the existing part. That’s great service IMHO!

Website is much easier to navigate and search than most, and has good details about each component - with honest info instead of just OEM spiel.
Very happy customer.

jeepwolf
jeepwolfPerth, WA

Good store with great products but slow to ship items

Second time MTB direct have let me down, ordered items paid for express shipping so items would arrive before an event , took MTB direct 3 days just to post it, so as a result it arrived too late, ordered items from UK same day they arrived 2 days before the event, i used to have MTB direct as my go to for my mtb needs but now find i use Pushys alot more now, they send items the next day

Alex
Alex

Great range, great online support but prices have been climbing and level of service slipping lately

Mark
Mark

Mtb direct are online only and will not speak to you over the phone

This is an online provider only with no contact number or face to face service for queries on an order.

Marcelle
MarcelleHunter Region, NSW

No phone support when you need help. Disappointing as I have previously used this business without issue.

I needed help regarding sizing and returns. No-one to speak to. Offered email chat back which I hate Took 5 minutes for Ian to reply to me. I will no longer be using this business.

Maria
Maria

Happy customer

I´ve ordered three times. Fast delivery, great products. Will continue to order in future. This guys are great, a site you can trust.

Ben
BenTasmania

Poor warranty support, will not be using them again.

I bought a dropper seat post from this business. It did not work properly out of the box. I contacted MTB Direct and sent them a video of the issue, I also let them know the install torque settings and the post pressure (all well within the product recommended tolerance). I was informed by MTB Direct that it was working correctly (?!?) and was not covered for return or warranty. They offered me a $20 voucher to use on their website, the dropper post cost well over $300. - I feel burnt by these guys and their amateur service.

Bobby
BobbyPerth, WA

Great store only pricier than the competition

Great store, spent thousands without any problems ever. Great customer service with live chat, prompt replies to questions. Fast shipping, consistently despatches items within 24 hrs. Boxes are always packaged well. Would rate them. Only downfall is they are always more expensive than the overseas competition, and also more expensive that BikeBug and Pushys on most items. Having said that MTB Direct have some good stock and unique items that aren't listed elsewhere, for example their suspension parts etc. Website is very well presented and nice to use, good descriptions on items. Quite a lot of errors with photos not matching descriptions however.

Tassierambler
TassieramblerHobart, TAS

Didn’t have my order in stock

I may be an anomaly, but I ordered two items through MTBDirect which they said were in the stock only to get an email a few days later saying that they didn’t actually have them. I give them three stars for offering a refund and small gift voucher as an apology, but you can’t sell yourself as having a great stock management system if you don’t.

Vee
Vee

Super satisfied with this website! Got a set of 26" Maxxis with no hassle. Delivered next day!

Best MTB website to deal with. Very happy with my purchase. Lightning fast delivery. What can i say? Will deal with them again:)

mavtd
mavtdSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent products, price service and more importantly, postage

Always received first class items very quickly with accurate tracking.
Very happy (unlike other MTB online stores (cough Velogear cough).....

JamesSoutheast, SA

Disappointed with my shorts and service

I emailed to say the press stud button on my $85 shorts was broken when I first tried them on. I received a prompt reply, asking for a photo. Which I sent back straight away. Still yet to hear back on the outcome. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

James

Update since I posted this review, they have emailed back and will send me a new pair of shorts. Great response

Quick service, support Australian business!

Excellent service, great range, quick delivery. Prices often cheaper than importing from the US or UK. Cannot recommend highly enough. A great Australian business who I will continue to support where possible.