Bikebug

1.7

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible online company.

Ordered stock - available online, no tracking, rang to find stock isn’t available and order cannot be filled - happy to take my payment for stock they don’t have.
Zero stars for service, false advertising.

Do not buy from Bikebug if you are from New Zealand

Bikebug allows purchasing and shipping to New Zealand. They claim they comply with NZ tax law. However they do not. They do collect NZ GST from you at checkout but they do not prepare proper customs documentation. WARNING: as a result your item will be seized by NZ Customs for non-payment of GST!

Sarah

SarahSydney, NSW

Online says available in store - but store had no stock!

Online advised the helmet we were after was available at the Tempe store. Drove all the way to that store, queued to get in only to be told it wasn't in stock! Not impressed...

Havoc

HavocSydney

Things have changed?

Purchased two items and they were delivered the next day, very happy customer.

Looking all the scathing reviews, one of two things has happened:
1. BikeBug have significantly improved their customer service
2. I got lucky

I feel confident enough in this experience to shop at BikeBug again.

Kev

KevSydney Surrounds, NSW

WORST customer experience of my life so far!

Asked staff if components were included, advert indicated that they were, staff member confirmed it!
when product arrived, the components were missing.... Staff have been extremely slow to respond, dismissive and superior, as well as unwilling to offer a compromise solution.

BUYER BE WARE! these guys offer false and misleading/ fraudulent advertising, Customer service skills poor..... I'm talking to fair trading, as this is completely illegal practice, and they haven't got a leg to stand on, id recommend you do to if your experience is similarly illegal.
these guys have THE lowest rating of any bike shop I've seen, and its truly deserved!

Shane

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SCAMMER - FALSE ADVERTISING

A wrong item shipped. When I complained they told me they don't have the part even though it is still advertised - and still is! They offer no apology and want me to go out of my way to pay and post the wrong part back to them. You cannot trust that they have what they advertise as available and if you do have any product issues, you are completely on your own, Pay 10% more from someone else and you will have peace of mind.

Claud

ClaudSouth East Queensland, QLD

21 days items still not dispatched - but still for sale on site

This scammers get your money, than probably order the parts in, and only than you will get the goods sent to you. Whenever deliveries from supplier gets delayed, if you chase them on it, they answer to me was this, "still waiting" thats it, but the site says in stock immediate dispatch.

Good pricing but pathetic with shipping.

Omg they use a courier called "FRF" couriers for interstate orders. These guys are the absolute worst couriers on the face of the earth. My order sat in a warehouse for a week only to find out Aus Post picked it up to deliver to me. Im 70kms outside Sydney... hopeless.

Dom B.

Dom B.Sydney, NSW

Do not order from Bike Bug!

Do not order from bikebug online. They do not return phone calls or messages. They do not reply to emails and the in-store staff do not want to know if there is a problem with an online order. There is NO customer service. This is the worst experience I have ever had ordering online.
I have had much better service ordering from overseas stores through wiggle.com and even from e-bay Chinese stores. Steer clear and shop elsewhere. I'd give zero stars if this site let me. Pathetic.

Daniel

DanielFar North Queensland, QLD

Shimano deore xt rd m786 shadow+

My son ripped up his deraileur on his giant mtb. local shops quoted up to $250 to replace. I found it on bugbikeonline at less than half that. Order arrived 1 day early. Exactly what I ordered.

Adrian

AdrianSydney

Not as good as others

Generally not happy. 30 day return process not easy to follow, and given time limits easier just to sell goods at a loss compared to other stores that are more lenient on returns.

On another order...

Wrong items received from Amazon order. And store was not willing to comply to fix the order. Refund received, but not the items.

Hassle.

Zac

Zac

Long time customer

I've been a customer for many years and have never had a bad experience with Bikebug. The in store staff have always been attentive and looked after me. Online, the orders have always been prompt to arrive and their range and pricing cannot be faulted.

Timothy Liew

Timothy LiewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEYOND TERRIBLE ! SCAMMERS!

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst ever

Ordered shoes online as it said they were in stock. Haven’t received them nor an email or anything from them, can’t even call them. I’ve contacted the fair trade ombudsman over this to help get a refund. Can’t believe this company is allowed to trade. Worst bike shop experience ever.

Matt P

Matt P

Avoid them like COVID 19

As soon as your money is taken your hear no further from Bike Bug.
They did not deliver on time/at all.
They do not take phone calls.
They do not return emails.
They do not return Facebook messages.
Visiting a physical store does help they just say refer to online store.
You hear NOTHING.
Had to start proceedings for a refund from my bank.
Do not order from them.

Paul Henderson

Paul HendersonSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

My wife ordered a bike online

xkamran

xkamranGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bikebug Delays online

I have had bought many stuff from bikebug before. This time before buying stuff online i checked with the local shop if i can purchase online with more than usual delays. I was told that that if the status is in stock it will be delivered with 1 day delay due to Corona virus. I have ordered $350 worth of stock on 21st. Today is 28 of April. I had sent 3 emails asking for status, cancelling one of the orders which i can get from local shop but till now there has been no email correspondence or a phone call. This is highly frustrating. I ordered something from wiggle and got it in 10 working days. Bike bug is local. Even if they are busy they should sent an email within 3 working days for SLA. Very disjointed in their online operations

Higa

HigaGreenway 2900, ACT

Terrible Customer Service

I have purchased a floor bike pump on the Bikebug website and the item was sent by Australia Post. It's been over than a month and I haven't received my order. The tracking number provided shows that the item arrived in Canberra for delivery but for some reason it went back to Sydney. I have tried to contact Australia Post but no response. I have contacted the Bikebug customer service a few times and I always get the same response that the item is on the way. No action taken from their part such as checking with Australia Post if the item is lost. In other words, it's not our problem. Terrible customer service and online experience. Will never buy again from this company.

John

JohnAU

Bike Bug NO Problems, Fast Delivery 11/3/20

Ordered Maxxis Mtn Bike tyres on Friday from Ben in Brisso, he said had in stock in Victoria and would ship no extra. And today Wednesday @ 7.50am Courier @ my door on Gold Cst with box, Excellent Service COULD'NT be any Quicker, Very happy with tyres. Thanx bike bug

Poor service. Bad experience!

Received a voucher as a gift. Went into the Perth store where I was told by a staff member that they are independently owned and the voucher can not be redeemed in store. So I make my purchase online and given the option to pick it up at the Perth store with free shipping. Pick it up from the store, but the size is wrong. So ask if I can swop it out in store and get the same story that theyre independent of the website so here are some forms to fill in and send it back to head office at my expense. When telling the assistant in store today about this experience, he did apologize, but said the voucher could have been redeemed in store. Poor experience, poorly trained staff. BEWARE!