Fish and Potato, Chicken and Rice, Lamb and Rice

Kasey

KaseySydney, NSW

I will only feed my Dogs the Best

So many people have given me so many opinions of what the best dog food for my dog is. After a few years I found out that a lot of the vets are 'sponsored' by various dog food brands and therefore I needed to do my own research.
I read and considered all of the ingredients of many different premium dog food brands and it's awful to think that some of these brands don't have meat as the first ingredient!
Fish is the first ingredient in Black Hawk fish and potato and all of the other ingredients are things that I would eat myself. And this is important to me.

Purchased in November 2020 for $119.00.

Carly Flanagan

Carly FlanaganNew South Wales

Only food that my staffy can tolerate

I have a staffy with a very sensitive stomach and the Fish and Potato Kibble is the only food he can tolerate. The few times we've tried something else he gets diarrhoea straight away and is very gassy. I am surprised reading some of these reviews; he's been on it for 3 years with zero issues!

Purchased in January 2021 for $100.00.

shirley.king.750

shirley.king.750Mid North Coast, NSW

This product should be pulled off the market!

Purchased in November 2020 for $120.00.

Shazzbar

ShazzbarGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best dry food for condition and shine, hand down!

My dogs love it and their coats show the shine no other food can replicate. Have tried many foods, this one always produces the best results! Results in as short as one week!

Purchased in October 2020 at Pet Circle for $110.00.

Best Dog Food EVER!

Where do I start...My dog loves it, his poos are perfect and he doesn't fart. Yes, I'm serious - my dog has never farted. It's well priced and I know it's good for him. He's been on Black Hawke Chicken and Rice for a year now and I'm so happy with it. I definitely won't be changing brands!

Purchased in September 2020 for $87.00.

Ross Martin

Ross MartinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't touch it

Both our dogs different breeds, Bernese Mountain Dog and Aussie Shephard developed constant diarrhoea and needed to be changed to Hypersensitive diets. So something absolutely not right with this food

Purchased in July 2017.

Bec Huysse

Bec HuysseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unregulated ingredients! They change at any time

My dog Tyrion has an intolerance to chicken. He was on fish and potato for 12 months with no issues. Due to Covid panic buyers I had to use a different brand for a few months. In that 3-4 month timeframe Blackhawk decided to add in chicken, without any warning or posts. I went back to feeding Blackhawk last week and when Tyrions skin allergies flared up I double checked the ingredients and found it snuck in. Very disappointing. He’s constantly itching and even the whites of his eyes are irritated. I’ve been told by vets Blackhawks ingredients are unregulated, and they can change ingredients at any time. Tyrion appears to be one of many dogs who suffer from Blackhawks unregulated ingredients.

Purchased in June 2020 for $160.00.

Smell

Perfect for sensitive skin and tummies!

My foster boy, a pug x Boston Terrier came to me with dermatitis between his paw pads and red skin on his chin and legs. I switched him to black hawk fish and potato, and his skin has cleared up beautifully. His coat is so soft and shiny....I've also switched my Pugs over, and they go crazy at dinner time.

Purchased in May 2020 at Petbarn Online store for $99.00.

Smell

My dog is still sick after eating the recalled product

My dog was vomiting from the Black Hawk product that was recalled. We found the mould before we knew about the recall and stopped feeding him it. When I took it back to PetBarn I was given a refund and they emailed Black Hawke when I was in the shop and told them I had spent over $300 on blood tests. I have never been contacted in response by Black Hawke and either have PetBarn - appalling customer service - would never use their products again - have been using hem for years, I am so disappointed!

Purchased in December 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for $69.00.

Mel Brisbane Aus

Mel Brisbane AusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not like it used to be....

Myself and my Mum had always bought BLACK HAWK Dry Dog Food Adult Lamb And Rice For our Staffies. In late 2019 they did a product recall and stated it was a small batch that was affected. However, Our staffies barely touched their food since then. The bowl would be untouched most of the day (not like a staffy). So I finally decided to try a different dog food and he is back to scoffing his food as soon as he sees it. Just thought I would share my review in case anyone else was in the same situation. I thought my staffy was just getting old and fussy, but he just doesn’t like Blackhawk any more.

Darren Kelly

Darren Kelly

Dermatology friendly Dog Food

This combination of Fish and Potato has helped with our dogs both on the digestive and dermatological levels and recommend it for older dogs with this ailment, fur becomes softer and less itching.

Amy G.

Amy G.

Excellent Product

I have bred and shown dogs for over 20 years, our Boston Terriers love BlackHawk, they always look great on it and we always recommend it for our puppy buyers!

Purchased in February 2020.

Tracey

Traceywedderburn

This is my dogs fave

Occasionally I rotate to other high end brands but my Boxer loves Blackhawk both wet and dry. Pure ingredients, a complete food that I trust. It has many beneficial ingredients for coat and joints.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn Online store for $98.00.

Mixed results on Black Hawk

Purchased in November 2019 at Pet.co.nz for $134.00.

dean

deanSydney, NSW

Avoid making our dog sick

Avoid all black hawk products - our dog has stomach issues and runny poo
and had to be admitted to emergency vet and we just received the bill and its over $2000 !!!!!
what a terrible product - just read alot of other reviews with same products
i am horrified

Naomi

Naomi

Quality has gone down hill!

Have always had my dog on the Black Hawk Chicken & Rice. Purchased it in November from Pet Circle and my dog was vomiting and had diarrhoea for over a week, as well as red spots all over his body. The vet thought it was skin allergies but as soon as we stopped black hawk, he was back to normal and didn’t have any of the above symptoms again! Not worth the stress, pain or money, would not recommend this brand again!

Purchased in November 2019 at Pet Circle.

J.A.S

J.A.SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Concerned.

My dog has been sick a lot and reluctant in wanting to eat the Black Hawk lamb and rice kibble lately . He has had a lot of runny poo and throwing up his feed . I have been concerned after finding out a product recall of this brand. I may consider purchasing another brand.

Purchased in December 2019 for $80.00.

Angi M.

Angi M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes dogs sick- do not buy this product.

We just bought this brand of biscuits for our 2 bulldogs and theyve both had chronic diorrhea and 1 was vomiting in the middle of the night. I swapped to boiled chicken and rice for a week thinking they had a bug but as soon as they were back on these biscuits it happened again! I should have read the reviews before purchasing this product as it clearly is a common theme! Blackhawk you need to recall this item and do further testing on your product

Purchased in November 2019 at Pet Circle for $99.00.

Rachelle P.

Rachelle P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Will never buy again

My Poodles tried it as per recommendation by one of the sales person from Pet Circle and made them poo everywhere around the house. I mean WET Poop .. I have never tried dry food that made them poop this bad! One also threw up in the middle of the night whilst the other two had a bad diarrhoea. I will just go back to Royal Canin Poodle. I will never buy any Black Hawk brand!

Purchased in December 2019 at Pet Circle for $120.00.

Allie R.

Allie R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a good product anymore.

My puppy was extremely ill after eating this food, pooing blood and vomiting for nearly three weeks. The vet suspected either giardiasis infection or an intolerance. Treatment for giardiasis did nothing, and after finishing the course she came off of plain boiled chicken and back onto the black hawk and is now ill again. Something has definitely changed with the formula. I also fed my cat their cat version and she was allergic to it.

Purchased in October 2019 at Pet Circle for $105.00.

Beth

Bethasked

Original Dog Food - Chicken and Rice

Can anyone explain why our 7 month old German Shorthaired Pointer is having digestive issues? We have given him Large Puppy Black Hawk since January (recommended from the breeder)

He’s never been right on it. Vomiting throughout the night, really bad smelly poo’s and massive too, itchy and he yawns heaps. I just thought that was all normal, as he’s young. Be getting advice from the vets too.

Now I’ve read all the reviews. I will be definitely taking him off this kibble and putting him on a raw feed diet.

I CAN’T HANDLE NO MORE VOMIT.

Craig W.

Craig W.asked

Original Dog Food

Hi can any tell me why after 5 months of using Black Hawk Large Puppy Dry Food my Bull Arab puppy is getting extra soft to watery poo we take him of the dry food put him on Turkey and rice his stool go back to normal .Return Black hawk food into his diet slowly and as soon as he is on just the dry food he get runny poo.Hre has been on the same food from day dot thganks

Marita B.
Marita B.

When we got our puppy the breeder had her on BlackHawk puppy and we continued with it but she started to go off it and got bad diarrhoea and scratching quite a lot. We switched to Performadog on vet recommendation. Started with 10% new food as well as boiled rice and small amount of old food and within two days having normal poos again and she is finishing all her food. Now feeding straight Performadog and she is much happier. Also only need half the quantity compared to BlackHawk and its an Aussie company & locally made.

Bayleeasked

Original Dog Food

My 4 month old lab has been on black hawk puppy and has developed bad diarrhoea that just wont quit.. have had her back at the vet twice and when we stop feeding the black hawk puppy dry food it clears up so must be the food. Has anyone else had tgis problem?

Marija
Marija

Hi,
Same here. Our 4-month-old lab has a very upset tummy when he eats Black Hawk. We were advised by the breeder to go for it but poor puppy has been twice to see a vet and it is was prescribed with special food that soothes his tummy.
Tried to put him back to Black Hawk and the problem comes back again. He is still on a special type of food and we are now thinking which one to use instead of Black Hawk. Any advice?

Hi
We have been using Royal Canin Hypoallergenic and the tummy problems have totally gone. We are going to try the blackhawk again after a full month on the RC and first sight of diarrohea returning it is going in the bin. I am going to try RC for labradors as my 2nd choice if the Blackhawk is a no.good. I am only trying it again as i have a $100 bag sitting there to use. RC have a guarantee to refund if food isn't suitable.
We were using chicken flavour and vet did say that puppies can be allergic to chicken due to the amount of hormones added to it these days.but the can grow out of it..
Good luck as we know there is nothing worse than a puppy with diarrhoea especially if you are house training.

4Legs Natural Dog FoodAd