Black Hawk Original Dog Food

Fish and Potato, Lamb and Rice, Chicken and Rice, etc...
See the Best Dog Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Black Hawk Pet Care

Ram. Tai
Ram. TaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been feeling my malamute since little pup

Kopi He is now 6.5 years old and always gets super duper excited, each time got it delivered.

20kgs bag will roughly last me average of 12 weeks (for 2 dogs)

Great quality and thank you Black hawk :)
Highly recommended to anyone

Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Black Hawk Pet Care
James D.Black Hawk Pet Care

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing Ram.
Take care, the Black Hawk Team

Pauline
Pauline Northeast, VIC

Unbelievable and my dogs eating finally

He had major stomach issues and would not eat at all fairly was underweight and really scary he eats all his nuts every day now and absolutely loves it I will not change dogfood again and it is so fantastic it’s Australian

Purchased in April 2021 for $100.00.

Smell

Other Dog Foods

Kasey
KaseySydney, NSW

I will only feed my Dogs the Best

So many people have given me so many opinions of what the best dog food for my dog is. After a few years I found out that a lot of the vets are 'sponsored' by various dog food brands and therefore I needed to do my own research.
I read and considered all of the ingredients of many different premium dog food brands and it's awful to think that some of these brands don't have meat as the first ingredient!
Fish is the first ingredient in Black Hawk fish and potato and all of the other ingredients are things that I would eat myself. And this is important to me.

Purchased in November 2020 for $119.00.

Smell
Dog Foods

Carly Flanagan
Carly FlanaganNew South Wales

Only food that my staffy can tolerate

I have a staffy with a very sensitive stomach and the Fish and Potato Kibble is the only food he can tolerate. The few times we've tried something else he gets diarrhoea straight away and is very gassy. I am surprised reading some of these reviews; he's been on it for 3 years with zero issues!

Purchased in January 2021 for $100.00.

Black Hawk Pet Care
James D.Black Hawk Pet Care

Hi there Carly
Thanks so much for sharing. It can be so difficult to find what works best for your own dog when they have a sensitive stomach - so we're so glad he's doing well on our Fish & Potato.
Take care, the Black Hawk Team

shirley.king.750Mid North Coast, NSW

This product should be pulled off the market!

Purchased in November 2020 for $120.00.

Smell
Shazzbar
ShazzbarGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best dry food for condition and shine, hand down!

My dogs love it and their coats show the shine no other food can replicate. Have tried many foods, this one always produces the best results! Results in as short as one week!

Purchased in October 2020 at Pet Circle for $110.00.

Smell

Best Dog Food EVER!

Where do I start...My dog loves it, his poos are perfect and he doesn't fart. Yes, I'm serious - my dog has never farted. It's well priced and I know it's good for him. He's been on Black Hawke Chicken and Rice for a year now and I'm so happy with it. I definitely won't be changing brands!

Purchased in September 2020 for $87.00.

Smell
Ross Martin
Ross MartinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't touch it

Both our dogs different breeds, Bernese Mountain Dog and Aussie Shephard developed constant diarrhoea and needed to be changed to Hypersensitive diets. So something absolutely not right with this food

Purchased in July 2017.

Bec Huysse
Bec HuysseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unregulated ingredients! They change at any time

My dog Tyrion has an intolerance to chicken. He was on fish and potato for 12 months with no issues. Due to Covid panic buyers I had to use a different brand for a few months. In that 3-4 month timeframe Blackhawk decided to add in chicken, without any warning or posts. I went back to feeding Blackhawk last week and when Tyrions skin allergies flared up I double checked the ingredients and found it snuck in. Very disappointing. He’s constantly itching and even the whites of his eyes are irritated. I’ve been told by vets Blackhawks ingredients are unregulated, and they can change ingredients at any time. Tyrion appears to be one of many dogs who suffer from Blackhawks unregulated ingredients.

Purchased in June 2020 for $160.00.

Smell
Dog Foods

Find out how Black Hawk Original Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

Perfect for sensitive skin and tummies!

My foster boy, a pug x Boston Terrier came to me with dermatitis between his paw pads and red skin on his chin and legs. I switched him to black hawk fish and potato, and his skin has cleared up beautifully. His coat is so soft and shiny....I've also switched my Pugs over, and they go crazy at dinner time.

Purchased in May 2020 at Petbarn Online store for $99.00.

Smell

My dog is still sick after eating the recalled product

My dog was vomiting from the Black Hawk product that was recalled. We found the mould before we knew about the recall and stopped feeding him it. When I took it back to PetBarn I was given a refund and they emailed Black Hawke when I was in the shop and told them I had spent over $300 on blood tests. I have never been contacted in response by Black Hawke and either have PetBarn - appalling customer service - would never use their products again - have been using hem for years, I am so disappointed!

Purchased in December 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for $69.00.

Mel Brisbane Aus
Mel Brisbane AusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not like it used to be....

Myself and my Mum had always bought BLACK HAWK Dry Dog Food Adult Lamb And Rice For our Staffies. In late 2019 they did a product recall and stated it was a small batch that was affected. However, Our staffies barely touched their food since then. The bowl would be untouched most of the day (not like a staffy). So I finally decided to try a different dog food and he is back to scoffing his food as soon as he sees it. Just thought I would share my review in case anyone else was in the same situation. I thought my staffy was just getting old and fussy, but he just doesn’t like Blackhawk any more.

Darren Kelly
Darren Kelly

Dermatology friendly Dog Food

This combination of Fish and Potato has helped with our dogs both on the digestive and dermatological levels and recommend it for older dogs with this ailment, fur becomes softer and less itching.

Amy G.
Amy G.

Excellent Product

I have bred and shown dogs for over 20 years, our Boston Terriers love BlackHawk, they always look great on it and we always recommend it for our puppy buyers!

Purchased in February 2020.

Tracey
Traceywedderburn

This is my dogs fave

Occasionally I rotate to other high end brands but my Boxer loves Blackhawk both wet and dry. Pure ingredients, a complete food that I trust. It has many beneficial ingredients for coat and joints.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn Online store for $98.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Norene P.
Norene P.asked
Original Dog Food

Hi, is Blackhawk dry dog food ok for the senior dog?

shirley.king.750

The puppy food made my dog so sick. He vomited regularly then vomited bile.
I wouldn’t feed it to any dog.

Beth
Bethasked
Original Dog Food - Chicken and Rice

Can anyone explain why our 7 month old German Shorthaired Pointer is having digestive issues? We have given him Large Puppy Black Hawk since January (recommended from the breeder)

He’s never been right on it. Vomiting throughout the night, really bad smelly poo’s and massive too, itchy and he yawns heaps. I just thought that was all normal, as he’s young. Be getting advice from the vets too.

Now I’ve read all the reviews. I will be definitely taking him off this kibble and putting him on a raw feed diet.

I CAN’T HANDLE NO MORE VOMIT.

Craig W.
Craig W.asked
Original Dog Food

Hi can any tell me why after 5 months of using Black Hawk Large Puppy Dry Food my Bull Arab puppy is getting extra soft to watery poo we take him of the dry food put him on Turkey and rice his stool go back to normal .Return Black hawk food into his diet slowly and as soon as he is on just the dry food he get runny poo.Hre has been on the same food from day dot thganks

Marita B.
Marita B.

When we got our puppy the breeder had her on BlackHawk puppy and we continued with it but she started to go off it and got bad diarrhoea and scratching quite a lot. We switched to Performadog on vet recommendation. Started with 10% new food as well as boiled rice and small amount of old food and within two days having normal poos again and she is finishing all her food. Now feeding straight Performadog and she is much happier. Also only need half the quantity compared to BlackHawk and its an Aussie company & locally made.

See all Black Hawk Original Dog Food questions