300, 240, 450, 210
See the Best Tents in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BlackWolf? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Portability

Peter
PeterBrisbane

New Tent first review

We have used this family sized tent on 4 trips away now. So we are still in the early honeymoon phase of tent enjoyment. My overall impression is that this product is worth paying the extra money for. It takes about the same time to erect as the Coleman Instant Up series, but it has MUCH better design.
The frame appears to be more robust and uses a different locking system. It has a central ridge pole for the awning which stops water pooling on the awning (a know problem with the Coleman). The awning poles are stronger and twist lock. The pegs that come with it are the best bundled pegs I've ever encountered. The tie downs are very well thought out. The room divider can be opened completely. The anti-condensation system actually works!!!!

Purchased in April 2021 at Snowys Outdoors Physical store for $1,149.00.

Sally
SallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor zip quality and annexe room does not fit properly with tent and got a hole in it after 1 use

I’ve used this tent once. We paid close to $1000 in an attempt to buy a high quality product for use with family over many years. Despite careful pegging out, one room main zip barely closes it nearly breaks.
The awning falls down unless you extensively peg it with guy ropes.
The extra ‘room’ purchases somehow got a hole in it after one use. Snowys rejected a warranty claim as ‘wear and tear’. The materials clearly aren’t fit for purpose as it was on a tarp. It also doesn’t fit well with the tent. It’s not designed for it. You have to open double zips and you trip over going between the front ‘room/annexe’ thing and main tent. The alloy ‘instant up’ pole structures are also ‘rubbing away’ after single use.
It’s otherwise nice.

Purchased in November 2020 at Snowys Outdoors Online store for $900.00.

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wouldn't buy it

Have had thee tent for 3 years and in the whole time have had never ending trouble.

First the top part came apart and had fun putting back together.

Then was told great with winds broke a knuckle and bent pole went back to where bought.

They were fine in replacing if okayed by Black Wolf. Well after 6 months Black Wolf got back to us and found a loophole saying we didn't tighten the knuckle properly. So didn't get part for replaced had to pay for it.

Now went to use after all fixed once more and the top has broken once again. Thankfully had Gazebo with us, mad rush down the street and bought a Gazebo tent. Will be using this from now on.

Purchased in September 2018 at Anaconda for $1,200.00.

Tom
Tom

Falling into pieces

Light use only and after about two years all sealing started peeling off with means is not water resistant any more. Floor material is as bad and start disintegration process. Live time warranty it’s a spam.

Purchased in February 2015 for $1,000.00.

CARRIE M.
CARRIE M.

Strong and sturdy

We have used our turbo plus 300 4 times now and couldn’t ask for a better tent. At the moment we are in heavy wind and rain and the tent hasn’t budged. We are dry and have lots of room. (2 oldies and a small dog!). We have the wall attachments so the awning has served us well with a heater and playing cards all afternoon. One thing that would be handy... would be a side panel with a door. All our trips we always set up with the gazebo to the side. Other than that... we are super happy. This will be our last tent as we will be too old to pitch tents in 10 years time!!!

Purchased in July 2020 for $1,329.00.

Andy
AndyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

All the waterproof tape came off

As I see someone else posted. I’ve had this maybe 8 years. Last year first time I used it in rain, and all the waterproof tape came off the seams and I got drenched. Gunna let my ex wife have it and buy myself an Oztent

Purchased in February 2011 at Glenelg Camping for $1,200.00.

Cory P.
Cory P.

Poor Service and Poor Products

Purchased in January 2020.

Rkidjez
Rkidjez

Used regularly, very sturdy tent and easy to erect.

Purchased in January 2012 at BCF.

Camper Man
Camper ManPerth, WA

Very Poor Quality

Very poor quality. I have owned this 240 Turbo for approx 8 years, I have used it in total 3 times for a week at a time. I have just set it up and water proof strip around every join peeled of. I have spoken with Black Wolf by phone and messenger and there response is NO WARRANTY, they have no confidence in there product. BEWARE..

Purchased in February 2011 at Ranger outdoors.

James
JamesPerth, WA

Not worth the money!

Purchased in March 2018 at Tentworld Physical store for $1,099.00.

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to erect and super stable

Purchased in February 2019 at Classified for $400.00.

Jordan
JordanBilinga 4225

Wet floor

Find out how Black Wolf Turbo compares to other Tents

Don't be fooled buy the "lifetime warranty"

We have had the black wolf 300 plus for 3 years now and think the tent is great but.. the fly wire zips are rubbish, the second time we used it we started having problems and took it back to the retailer. We got all sorts of explanations from the black wolf rep like you pegged it out to tight or the way you stowed the tent put to much pressure on the zip. Anyway for a tent that you drop over a grand on I think it's pretty poor. What good is a tent if the fly wire doesn't work properly this is the first tent that I've ever had this sort of problems with including cheap stuff like Denali tents which lasted for years and years. Do yourself a favour and stick with the cheap stuff because this is certainly no better.

gruntre69
gruntre69Perth, WA

Still early but reasonable so far

Turbo Cabin 450 - Best Family Tent

So we have been camping pretty much all our lives. From a couple to adding a few kids along the way. Well, five in total.

After using a larger dome style tent for years and spending numerous hours setting it up we opted for the Turbo Cabin.

All i can say is it's been a marriage saver. From ease of setting up, stability in bad weather and the sheer room. This tent has provided our family with some amazing camping holidays. We have not had one issue, leak or problem with this tent. To the point we now have 6 friends who all own them and all have had similar experiences.