BlackWolf Turbo 240

3.2

• Portability
Rkidjez

Rkidjez

Used regularly, very sturdy tent and easy to erect.

Purchased in January 2012 at BCF.

Portability
Camper Man

Camper ManPerth, WA

Very Poor Quality

Very poor quality. I have owned this 240 Turbo for approx 8 years, I have used it in total 3 times for a week at a time. I have just set it up and water proof strip around every join peeled of. I have spoken with Black Wolf by phone and messenger and there response is NO WARRANTY, they have no confidence in there product. BEWARE..

Purchased in February 2011 at Ranger outdoors.

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to erect and super stable

Purchased in February 2019 at Classified for A$400.00.

Portability

Shaun

ShaunMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

52 Night Test - Passed :)

Daniel

DanielAdelaide

Zips not covered by Warranty

The tent is great but unfortunately the parent company (Phoenix Leisure Group) will not warranty the zips. I have only used the tent 3 times and the zip is now permanently caught. This has been a terrible experience and the Lifetime Warranty is practically worthless.

Grillsy

GrillsyMelbourne

A perfect tent

Can’t say enough good things.
A near perfect tent. Quality and functionality is just beautiful.
Highly recommend by me.
Very heavy and quality is amazing. Many good holidays ahead with this one.

Fly mesh and after sales service is disappointing!

Paul

PaulNowra

Has provided many years of good service

Ange M

Ange M

Lite 240 Plus 2017 Model

Colic

ColicSydney, NSW

Great tent - so long as it doesn't rain and you don't want warranty service

Second tent same issue

We purchases the 240 turbo tent and as we do a lot of bush camping and thought we would spend more for the quality. We used our tent for ten days around Exmouth when we noticed all the fly screen mesh in the fron doorway was fraying and then cover was rubbing bear near the top horizontal pole. On return we contacted BW who told us to send back. We waited over 8 weeks for the return but a new tent was given. We have just been camping for 5 days and yet again the fly screen is fraying and the seals leaked in mild rain.
We will be returning again but are not happy at all with the terribly low quality of this product, another great company selling out I feel.
Do not purchase these tents :(

Matt

MattSydney

Never buying a Blackwolf product again!

jak daniels

jak danielsPerth, WA

Wow how woefull

f ing thing they replaced it.

An update to f king thing hate it. I had purchased tent through kangaroo tent city and I took it in to see if I could do a warranty claim.
Anyway a couple of months later had a call saying tent was sent to black wolf and they have decided to replace it

troy

troybonny hills

f ing thing, hate it.

The light turbo material is thin and it leaks we have only used it 6 times. I have sprayed it with the water proofing stuff but the thing still leaks. The seam seals are all coming off, I have tears on the fly where you peg it.
I am not happy after spending so much money. Also trying to get service from black wolf to get these things addressed has so far been to no avail.

Bad Choice

Went camping and it rained. We seasoned tent before we left however it still allowed water to seep in the sleeping area. Once home, drying not easy at all. The frame is attached to the tent and once you get sides dry and roof dry, the floor also needs to be dried to enable safe packing up to avoid mould/damaged to tent. With frame you can't just flip tent over as the poles are not that strong. Ropes also need to be fully dried and they are attached to tent and have pockets on tent for storage. Very time consuming and annoying. Will not buy or recommend this tent to anyone. We are campers with over 40 years experience and worse tent we've owned. Will definitely be selling ASAP.

DRMelbourne

No issues yet

Very impressed with the Turbo 240. Super quick to erect and dismantle. The canvas seems good quality and the base appears to be rip resistant, having camped in both soggy conditions as well as on gravel. It's a strong tent, withstands windy conditions - though this does admittedly create a lot of bulk. The tent is almost 20kg and is very heavy, I probably couldn't assemble it myself but my partner has no troubles. Fitting it in the canvas bag is a two person affair, why do they always make tent bags so small?! Overall great and highly recommended.
Haven't tested it in heavy rain but with the pre-soaking, I am confident it won't have any troubles. Definitely worth the $$$

Pumpy

PumpyNSW, 2795

A very good tent.

Great in dry weather but not in wet conditions

We purchased a Black Wolf turbo240 for a trip around Australia. We found it easy to erect and take down. However, beware it's heavy and bulky to haul around. The fly was disappointing and let us down in wet weather as it does not cover the entire tent and let water into the tent. We had to buy a tarp to cover the tent so that rain could be kept out. Also not much shade provided by Fly. Otherwise a comfortable tent that can withstand windy conditions. It's about the right size for two people.
Easy to set up and take down. Good size for two people.
Fly does not give enough shade or protection from rain

MAX

MAXasked

Turbo 240

The middle joints on the side poles of my BlackWolf Turbo 240 keep coming apart resulting in lost screws & nuts even when they are often tightened. Why does this happen & where can spare parts be obtained???

Michael

All spares available from Blackwolf if screws keep coming undone use locktite available from Bunnings this will fix the issue.

Willasked

Turbo 240

We have a BlackWolf Turbo 240 Ex-Lite LF tent. The fly seems too small for the tent. Even with the centre patch as perfectly centred on the tent hub as we can get it, not all the corner patches and Velcro tabs can be pulled down into position on the corner poles. Has anyone else had this problem? We are wondering if it is a design issue with this model of tent or if we have just bought a lemon? Online chat with BlackWolf about this problem was useless - just suggested return of the tent if we are unhappy.

Michael

Material should not shrink. I would return the fly for a new one at a Blackwolf dealer.

Will

Thanks for the advice. I don’t think it’s shrunk, it was like that when we bought the tent new - the fly just seems to have been made too small for the tent.

Jenn Reed

Jenn Reedasked

Turbo 240

Can I use my new black wolf turbo 240 without the fly on?

Steve
Steve

Hello Jenn,
I have never used the tent without the fly. The fly guy ropes are what hold down the tent (apart from the 4 or 6 tent base tent pegs depending on the tent model). The tent window awning guy ropes will assist in holding down the tent. In windy conditions you must use the fly sheet. If it is DEFINITELY not windy you can use the tent without the fly. I would however, recommend that you use all window awning guy ropes taking care not to put too much tension on the awning zips. Pack your parachutes to be on the safe side!

DR

I haven't used the tent without the fly either, but I think it would be fine to do so. There are pegs holding down the tent, so if it's not too windy it shoud be ok. If it rains though, I think there could be a big risk of getting water coming in through the seams - unless you've done the proper waterproofing first. If you're really worried, you could probably pick up a fly from Anaconda (I think I saw them on sale a while ago)