Blackvue DR590

Blackvue DR590 Questions & Answers

DR590-1CH (1 Channel), DR590-2CH (2 Channel)
Listing monitored by BlackVue

2 questions from our users

Alex T.asked
DR590-2CH (2 Channel)

I have had my DR590-2ch with B-112 Power Pack for over 2 years now. It was working fine for the first year or so but it lost the correct date & time stamps started maybe half a year ago. The date and time remained as when the device was disconnected with power last time. It may be because the internal RTC battery was dead after I did some research online. So I bought an external GPS antenna and hope i can use the sync with GPS time function on the firmware setting to sync the gps time automatically without relying on the RTC battery. I think the antenna is working fine as I can see the speeds were recorded on the video and the little gps blue light on the device was on when the gps signal was locked. But the date and time were still wrong. Can anyone help fix the date and time issue? Many thanks in advance.

G. Hi
G. Hi

If you are handy with a fine soldering iron you can replace the little battery and it only costs about $3 The models I have had ,even with inbuilt GPS dont resync the time when they start up The battery is this one.

You should find a Youtube video on how to do it

Alex T.

Im not sure I can do it. And the batteries seem all from China. It takes forever to arrive Australia. Do you know anywhere else in Australia sells this little battery?

BlackVue
BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Alex,

We are able to perform the repair or supply the appropriate battery if needed.
If you would like us to look into this or provide quotes on the repair or to supply the battery.
Please email us on the address below.
support@blackvue.com.au

Best regards,
Chaim
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Matilda N Squid V.
Matilda N Squid V.asked
DR590

How hard is it to turn off the Audio recording?
When the Audio is switched off does it stay off or do you need to do it at each time you start the car?

Andrew G.
Andrew G.

You need to do it through the blackvue media player on a apple or Microsoft computer
You download the media player from blackvue website
Once audio is turned off using media player with the cameras sd card inserted in computer it will stay off until u change it,

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Blackvue DR590