BMW X5 E70

BMW X5 E70 (2007-2013)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt C

Matt CSydney, NSW

This car puts a smile on my dial every time I drive it

Purchased in June 2018 for $27,000.00.

Noise Level

Date PurchasedFeb 2008
Drive4WD
Arsh G

Arsh GPerth, WA

Good car, expensive to maintain

I have a Twin Turbo Diesel X-drive 35d. The handling, cornering and comfort is fantastic. The steering can feel a bit heavy but when you are driving in a long stretch of road, you will be thankful for the steady drive.
The only issue I have is the running costs. If you can afford around $2000 per year on maintenance alone, then enjoy the ride!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Melbourne Australia

Melbourne AustraliaMelbourne

It's like a small car in a big shell

Easy to drive with its awesome power steering. My wife is a very short woman but she drives this car like a small sedan. The vehicle itself xdrive30d has a powerful engine and you can really feel the power. The seats are comfortable and the ride is smooth. The GPS screen is massive and ever since the first day we owned this vehicle, there has not been any issues.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Shubh

Shubhperth

A pleasure to drive!

The driving experience is absolutely brilliant! The car runs smooth and has many features like inbuilt navigation, TV, Radio, emergency contact services and etc. The X5 is a great car overall with a nice and stylish interior and a nice SUV outer body which makes it look a lot more elegant.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

trievalot

trievalotAdelaide

Excellent features and build quality

This is my first BMW, after driving Mitsubishi, Toyota and Mazda. The driving experience is a pleasure, and despite being a diesel has much more get up than my previous petrol Prado. Mine is a 7 seater, which is OK for children/teenagers in the back row, not so good for a full size adult. Whiie the white leather was a concern at first, it is easy to clean, and the instruments are well laid out. i really like the heads up display for speed and nav.
The service costs have been reasonable, and any non warrant parts have been purchased offline for much cheaper than the dealer.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

lyh3

lyh3Melbourne

Bought the BMW X5 six years ago brand new and...

Date PurchasedJan 2011

HoneyJoy

HoneyJoyVictoria

Still loving my 5 series diesel wagon.

Just thought it worth saying that this car is still as good as the day I bought it. Amazing fuel consumption. Sometimes I forget about it all together. It's weeks between fills. It is very comfortable to drive. Some people find the controls a little odd, but I'm used to it. Still looks good after 4 years. This car just makes me happy.

Badged
Mark

MarkMelbourne

Disappointed

Badged
deleted

deletedBrisbane

Smooth drive

At the start of this year I thought I tried BMW because Toyota had failed me. It is fantastic and always drives a smooth as a car can get. Some cars drive like trucks but this BMW is as sensational as you can get. The service is great and they are always happy to give a helping hand. So Toyota is my 1 stop car shop for everything cars!

graham p

graham p

Great drive

I have just reluctantly sold my 2012 X5 with sports/innovations packages. Car purchased new in July 2012. (This was my second x5 with first being 2009 model with same engine but with 6 speed auto which was nowhere near as good as the 8 speed). Excellent drive with crisp handling for a car of this size and weight.very comfortable long range tourer but ride a bit rough on secondary roads due to sports suspension and low profile runflats. Have had no real problems with either x5 with servicing covered under service package which I recommend if available. Very professional treatment from the service team at Westside BMW who I would recommend highly.

lakisjoannou

lakisjoannou

I love my black X5 40D 7 seater, bought new 11/2010 ex demo.

BadgexDrive40d Sport

David_Mc

David_Mc

2008 E70 X5 3.0sd

BadgeSD

anders

andersSydney

BMW X5 30D 2011

We love this stylish SUV, look better than the ML or the RRS we had considered.
Driving was joyful, the cargo space was large, and I can leave the HUD now.
The 30d diesel was very powerful, 8 Speed gearbox made it run very smooth, you won't notice this is a car weighing 2 tons.

Rachel Clarke

Rachel ClarkeSouth Australia, 5000

Love this car

I used to have this car and I still miss it. Very comfortable and smooth drive. Good leg space and ultimate car for the family. Fantastic shockers and mid blowing for long drives. Recommended to everyone - don't think just buy. Maintenance is expensive but you know you need to maintain.

Ali

Ali

Mostly Very Happy

BadgexDrive35i

Edmundo1503

Edmundo1503Sydney

Engine Problems After 100k KMs.

Bought a 2007 3.5D about a year ago. We bought it at 80,000kms and it was fine. We had a log book with the car so we knew it was well looked after. However after about 6 months, the problems started appearing. The engine started leaking oil. We took it to a mechanic and they said it was due to the rubber seals being worn out and was a typical BMW problem. We spent around 1k on this and the oil leaks stopped. A few weeks later, the engine sounded different and turned out it needed another piece of rubber replaced. You'd think with the amount of money one spends on a BMW, they would spend more money on rubber!
Good brand
Engine bad build

ela2000

ela2000sydney

X5 broken

Badged Executive

Mazmen

Mazmen

Brilliant with the extra twin turbo grant !

Just upgraded from a 2005 3.0D, to a 2010 3.5D.... Man what a difference. Sensational handling and performance with all the expected BMW points of luxury.... Well, worth the wait in trying to find a twin turbo option, as what tops it all off...is the hidden beast.... that lives within..

Still relatively hefty... As a second hand vehicle.

Tasmia

TasmiaBrisbane

Does what is advertised except fuel economy

Bought the car brand new in Jan 2011, excellent build quality, handling awesome for this type of car, performance ok for standard diesel, features outstanding including nav package, hud, major service around $950, excellent service at dealer, stores all cds on car hard drive which is easy to navigate and maintains favourites
Handling, build quality, music hard drive and playlists
Unable to get any where near detailed fuel economy of 7.8l/100 best mid 8's

Steve c

Steve casked

I have a bmw 2007 x5 e70 3.0d. I start it and it will tick over for like 10 minutes then shuts off, I remover the key start it again then it starts but dies straight away. This happens over and over . The next morning it did the same. Any ideas please?

Dolorado
Dolorado

Hi Steve,
Mine had the same problem and we found it was the MAS (Mass Airflow Sensor) then ran perfectly afterwards. I sold it before something else went wrong. :-)

Striney Pillay

Striney Pillayasked

My E70 3.0 SD X5 loses power after a long trip , I can still drive it but when I depress accelerator the response is poor , like no boost

Sydney C.

Sydney C.asked

Hi my 2007 BMW x5 3.0 d cuts off while driving. I replaced all fuel related sensors, fuel regulator, fuel pressure, fuel measure and the fuel pump. But it still do the same. It will start and cuts off after some few minutes. It shows the low battery warning signs and lose time and date. Can a low battery cause the car to cut off while running? Please help I am frustrated

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives

CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVs