BMW X5 E70

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Jacob XuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This vehicle is rubbish - timing chain, footwell module, BMW customer services

I have this vehicle for some 6 years. It has done less than 150K KMs. I have done all services, never missed one.
The Timing Chain, according to Tim Collins of Berwick Motor Works, was damaged and must be replaced. It cost me some $7,000. When the Timing Chain was replaced, I was told that the Footwell Module was dead because the battery had to be disconnected when the engine was disassembled. I then contacted BMW, none of the phone numbers get me to any human beings. I was then told that BMW does not accept any responsibility unless the vehicle was diagnosed by its dealership. So, more than $7,000 for less than 150K KMs.

Purchased in October 2015 for $50,000.00.

reviewman27

reviewman27Perth, WA

Nightmare - Run away, and buy a Lexus/Mazda/Toyota/Genesis

BCJ

BCJSydney, NSW

Second X5, great car

This is the second E70 I’ve had - the first was a 2007 and this is the facelift 2011. Same look but quite a remarkable difference in ride, steering, and tech. Heads up display, 3 cameras, etc, all pretty advanced for 2011. It’s a good car to drive, a bit hard and some road noise but handling is good. Incredibly reliable. Between the two cars and over 100,000 km I’ve only had two problems - one where the belt pulley sheared off, another the iDrive button had to be replaced (all on the 2007 model). Other than that, very reliable.

Purchased for $32,000.00.

Hunter

Hunter

Rubbish under luxury shell

tryingtoslowdown

tryingtoslowdownCentral Queensland, QLD

Still in love

Bought a 2013 35d, we have done 60.000ks in about 18 months taking it to 190,000 on the clock, its such a great car, that's an understatement, the power and torque allows towing a large float loaded effortless, and extremely economical, my wife gets around 1000ks per tank (me about 800ks) but you can really hoof it and it takes corners better than most small cars I have owned, I change the oil every 10,000ks. the runflats wear quick but if you want a 2500 ton vehicle to handle like a sports car suck it up or put normal tyres on it and buy a spare like one of my mates did.

Purchased in March 2018 for $35,000.00.

Matt C

Matt CSydney, NSW

This car puts a smile on my dial every time I drive it

Purchased in June 2018 for $27,000.00.

Not that good

BadgexDrive30d Executive
Date PurchasedFeb 2008
Drive4WD
Arsh G

Arsh GPerth, WA

Good car, expensive to maintain

I have a Twin Turbo Diesel X-drive 35d. The handling, cornering and comfort is fantastic. The steering can feel a bit heavy but when you are driving in a long stretch of road, you will be thankful for the steady drive.
The only issue I have is the running costs. If you can afford around $2000 per year on maintenance alone, then enjoy the ride!

BadgexDrive35d
Date PurchasedJune 2017
Melbourne Australia

Melbourne AustraliaMelbourne

It's like a small car in a big shell

Easy to drive with its awesome power steering. My wife is a very short woman but she drives this car like a small sedan. The vehicle itself xdrive30d has a powerful engine and you can really feel the power. The seats are comfortable and the ride is smooth. The GPS screen is massive and ever since the first day we owned this vehicle, there has not been any issues.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Shubh

Shubhperth

A pleasure to drive!

The driving experience is absolutely brilliant! The car runs smooth and has many features like inbuilt navigation, TV, Radio, emergency contact services and etc. The X5 is a great car overall with a nice and stylish interior and a nice SUV outer body which makes it look a lot more elegant.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
trievalot

trievalotAdelaide

Excellent features and build quality

This is my first BMW, after driving Mitsubishi, Toyota and Mazda. The driving experience is a pleasure, and despite being a diesel has much more get up than my previous petrol Prado. Mine is a 7 seater, which is OK for children/teenagers in the back row, not so good for a full size adult. Whiie the white leather was a concern at first, it is easy to clean, and the instruments are well laid out. i really like the heads up display for speed and nav.
The service costs have been reasonable, and any non warrant parts have been purchased offline for much cheaper than the dealer.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
lyh3

lyh3Melbourne

Bought the BMW X5 six years ago brand new and...

Date PurchasedJan 2011
HoneyJoy

HoneyJoyVictoria

Still loving my 5 series diesel wagon.

Just thought it worth saying that this car is still as good as the day I bought it. Amazing fuel consumption. Sometimes I forget about it all together. It's weeks between fills. It is very comfortable to drive. Some people find the controls a little odd, but I'm used to it. Still looks good after 4 years. This car just makes me happy.

Badged
Mark

MarkMelbourne

Disappointed

Badged
deleted

deletedBrisbane

Smooth drive

At the start of this year I thought I tried BMW because Toyota had failed me. It is fantastic and always drives a smooth as a car can get. Some cars drive like trucks but this BMW is as sensational as you can get. The service is great and they are always happy to give a helping hand. So Toyota is my 1 stop car shop for everything cars!

BadgexDrive35d

graham p

graham p

Great drive

I have just reluctantly sold my 2012 X5 with sports/innovations packages. Car purchased new in July 2012. (This was my second x5 with first being 2009 model with same engine but with 6 speed auto which was nowhere near as good as the 8 speed). Excellent drive with crisp handling for a car of this size and weight.very comfortable long range tourer but ride a bit rough on secondary roads due to sports suspension and low profile runflats. Have had no real problems with either x5 with servicing covered under service package which I recommend if available. Very professional treatment from the service team at Westside BMW who I would recommend highly.

lakisjoannou

lakisjoannou

I love my black X5 40D 7 seater, bought new 11/2010 ex demo.

BadgexDrive40d Sport
David_Mc

David_Mc

2008 E70 X5 3.0sd

BadgeSD
anders

andersSydney

BMW X5 30D 2011

We love this stylish SUV, look better than the ML or the RRS we had considered.
Driving was joyful, the cargo space was large, and I can leave the HUD now.
The 30d diesel was very powerful, 8 Speed gearbox made it run very smooth, you won't notice this is a car weighing 2 tons.

Rachel Clarke

Rachel ClarkeSouth Australia, 5000

Love this car

I used to have this car and I still miss it. Very comfortable and smooth drive. Good leg space and ultimate car for the family. Fantastic shockers and mid blowing for long drives. Recommended to everyone - don't think just buy. Maintenance is expensive but you know you need to maintain.