Happy....so far.

Bought CRV AWD 1.5L.turbo VTSi model in Nov '17, and thus far it's been a little beauty. Only two problems so far, 1) the detent button on the gear shifter broke and fell onto the floor. Common problem, so keep some duct tape in your glove box to hold it in place temporarily so you can use the shifter and drive back to the dealer. 2) Plastic exterior window trim came unstuck, dealer fixed asap.
The issue of petrol leaking into the engine oil is widely discussed in the USA with many complaints about Honda not fixing the problem. I almost sold this car after reading all the complaints, but decided to keep it because it has a 7 year warranty and thus far (15,000km) there is no sign of petrol in the oil. This car was manufactured in Taiwan, so maybe we are immune from this problem in Australia, but I keep my fingers crossed, which makes it awkward to drive sometimes.
Would I buy another CRV? Probably if Honda shows integrity and solves the gas-in-oil problem, but the Toyota Rav '19 model looks like a strong competitor.
This IS a great car to drive, but jumping off a bridge in NZ must feel great too. Just hoping the bungy chord is attached.

Purchased in November 2018 at Honda Lismore.

Break starts making annoying noise after 6 months

Bought brand new CRV VTI-s, after 6 months or so, break started making squeaky noise. Took 1 year service to honda and mentioned that, they actually admitted it is a fault and offered to fix for free but they couldn't fix it,
We had to took take car in service 3 times in total for another look and did test drives as well, at the end they said it is not fault, and we are asked to pay to fix it.
I can't believe the brand new car start having this issue already, and really annoying to driving around now.
Not happy and regret to spent over $35000 for faulty car. Will never buy car from Honda.

Purchased in January 2018.

2019 Honda CRV VTI-LX

Owned this car for a few weeks now. The car is flawless. Sufficient power from Petrol 1.5 litre Turbo, even on highway. In and out finish is very nice. Be aware that this car does not have blind spot monitoring. In saying that it has every other driving aid you can think of. Full LED front and rear lights with auto high beam for very dark roads. The massive sun roof that comes standard make the car real nice to drive on a sunny day. I would recommend this car. This vehicle was purchased during the Honda 50th Anniversary for $44k from Suttons Honda Homebush, ask for Vik. Cheers Happy Customer.

Purchased in February 2019 for $44,000.00.

Comfort

Excellent car, almost perfect.

Decided to buy the Honda VTI-S AWD for a larger second family car. After doing about three months of research and looking at shortlisted contenders such as the Hyundai Tuscan, VW Tiguan and Kia Sportage. The Honda came out on top in regards to Value for money and features. Having driven it for 18 months now and doing about 16000km, I have found the seats to be incredibly comfortable on long trips (no sore bum), practicality is second to none in its class (can even sleep my 198cm self in the back), fuel economy is incredible (Brisbane to Albury cost me $110), easy to maneuver around the city with the family and a great crusier on the open road, Ive been loving the configurable storage console which is large enough to hold our thai and indian takeaways without the risk of them falling over.

As with all cars I had some minor issues, at 5000km the change oil light came on, one dealer wanted to do the annual/10000km service (checked the oil myself it was clean and plentiful) and the other said it was a initial quirk with new cars, and had the system reset for me free of charge, (helps to shop around). Have had the infotainment system play up on the rare occasion, screen would flicker and become unresponsive ( turning it off and on fixed it, annoying if it happens while driving though). Electronic brake can be slow to engage, have to pull the button fairly firmly for it to work sometimes. 18" tires are costly to replace when you manage to get a screw stuck in your tire wall, on the plus side having a full size spare it a life saver.

Overall a great car, wouldn't have expected anything less from Honda.

Purchased in December 2017 at Madill Honda for $35,425.00.

Comfort

Honda CRV - the best rating from first impressions to an absolute disaster over time.

My initial sentiments in the early days of ownership are on a par with the majority of the rave-reviews on this platform. I bought my 2.4 Honda CRV Automatic brand new as a result of a test drive which really impressed me. Instant pull away with a fabulous VTEC motor, nice drive, spacious and comfortable. Over time those sentiments changed to outright disappointment.

While the VTEC engine provides excellent pull-away acceleration, for a 2.4 litre engine, overall performance is lethargic. Fully laden the Honda CRV could even pose a safety risk due to poor overtaking acceleration characteristics at higher speeds. As with other sentiments, fuel economy is pathetic at an average of around 12.5lt/100km. The other issues are with Bluetooth pairing with a smart phone and once paired, it works erratically. Cellular phones do not connect automatically when the vehicle is started and often fails to connect throughout the journey. The air conditioner is not very efficient and my other vehicle, a 2012 Hyundai i30 has a air conditioner and radio / Bluetooth system that is far superior in all aspects compared to the Honda CRV. The Honda CRV headlights are way below the industry norm for brightness. Forget about listening to the radio / conversation on a long trip as road noise is extremely high - and annoying. I am not a large person yet the driver's seat padding is starting to collapse.

The worst of all, my vehicle is now a rust bucket. Honda Motor Company must have known this as most of the rust issues only present themselves just after the warranty expiry. Rust has eaten through from the outside of the vehicle into the spare wheel well. As the vehicle is white in colour, the orange rust water marks are very noticeable in two prominent areas due to water coming through when driving on wet roads. These two distinctive rust holes, no more than a few millimetres in size, are halfway up, at the rear of the spare wheel well. If one stores a tool kit, emergency torch, tow cable in the spare wheel well area as I do, they will soon be lost due to rust. If one looks underneath the vehicle, one cannot see the outside of the wheel well rust points as this area is covered by the bumper, so could not be seen during servicing inspection unless the rear bumper was removed. In addition, the entire spare wheel and fuel tank general area on the outside (underneath the vehicle) has dozens of rust specks. Also, many of the main door hinge bolts have rusted.

This vehicle has been meticulously maintained with regular Honda dealer service intervals and on the outside, looks brand new. The vehicle is also 100% free of any accident damage, has a full service history and with just over 52 250km on the clock to be riddled with rust as described, is an absolute disgrace. I have dozens of photographs to substantiate my claim. As far as rust protection and finish goes, one of the worst vehicles on the market.

Purchased in February 2011.

Fabulous Car

This is the best car we've ever purchased. Drives beautifully, has all the 'bells and whistles' and is just great. Couldn't recommend Shannon from Berwick Honda enough. Her product knowledge and professionalism were superb.

Purchased in February 2019 at Berwick honda.

HONDA CRV

Daily use to and from work. Long distance travel interstate. Taxi for children and sporting equipment including kayaks on roof racks. Trailer efficient. Never had a problem with this vehicle

Purchased in January 2017 at Tynan Motors for $32,000.00.

TransmissionManual

Great Family Car

We have now done 2000km in a Honda CR-V VTi-S (2WD). This is just a great family car and ticks all of the boxes. It is practical and drives great. I was a bit worried going from a BMW X3 to this car on the way it handles and power. The CVT transmission seems well paired to the 1.5 turbo engine and when you need power it is very surprising as to how much this little engine can deliver. We did road test the AWD and the 2WD and opted for the cheaper 2WD option as we only do road driving anyway and could feel no difference between the vehicles.

We haven't encountered any problems and the service at the dealership has been excellent so far. I would recommend test driving one of these if you a looking for a mid sized SUV. You will be surprised how big this new CR-V is!

Engine Size1.5T
Date PurchasedDec 2018

October 2018 VTIS AWD

I love driving this car. My last car was a corolla wagon bought new in 2003, loving my upgrade. Incredibly spacious and comfortable. Has plenty of zip when overtaking and its fuel economy has surpassed all expectations, 6.2l/100km freeway driving, I am averaging 7.4l/100km extra urban. The reports of noise are unfounded, touchscreen is easy to use and the whole interior feels luxurious. Unleaded 91 plus fuel economy sees me saving on my fuel bill!

DriveAWD
Engine Size1.5l Turbo
Date PurchasedOct 2018

I must have bought the lemon

I bought the CRV VTi LX in September 2017. Within 6 months the display screen started playing up and as automatically resetting itself continually while I was driving. After a number of visits to the dealer to have it reset, they had to replace the entire unit. Then there's the driver's seat warmer playing up - often switches itself off within a couple of minutes of being on and then I sometimes can't turn it on again. Then today, I put the shift lever into reverse, then into drive ... and the shift lever button on the side fell off! Yep, snapped off and landed on the floor. Cheap plastic completely broken and the spring fell out. Luckily I was able to drive straight home and didn't need to change into reverse at any time. I could put it in park when I got home, so put the brake on and my husband had to disconnect the battery as it wouldn't allow me to completely turn off the car electrics because it wasn't in park! All this on a Saturday afternoon and the dealer doesn't open till Monday. So I'm now waiting to see if I will receive a follow up phone call in response to my phone call and email. I will never, ever buy another Honda. The drive is luxurious and it has terrific safety features but it is a cheap build and I'm extremely disappointed that I bought it. This is only within the first year. I wonder what else is going to go wrong?!

BadgeCRV VTi LX
Drive4WD
Engine Size0
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Love the Luxury

I purchased the good looking CRV vti-lx AWD after checking out both the HRV and CRV. Once inside the CRV I knew this was for me. Its very easy to drive. The cabin has a lovely look and feel with soft touch surfaces, leather seats and large sunroof. The large screen is super bright and easy to use. The automatic tailgate works great. Can't do without the left camera now I'm used to it. Lots of space and economical to drive too. It did take me a couple of days to get my head around setting the safety features in the car.
Connectivity makes it easy to set up several mobile phones for use in the car with Android Auto or Apple Carplay ( Of course can only use one at a time)
Its a size bigger than I needed but with parking sensors and a great rear view camera its easy to park so size not a problem.
Very happy with my choice.

Purchased in November 2018.

VERY VERY Disappointed GPS system

UPDATE. Dealer looked at GPS issues and the time not automatically changing for daylight saving and they have not been able to find solution. In short it is not the dealers fault but it is the sole responsibility of Honda to fix the malfunction of both GPS AND auto daylight savings not working. Will never purchase a Honda vehicle again. Will go back to being a Toyota customer. updated from - Car is used daily. Have travelled 10,000km already in 4 months. GPS system is nowhere as good as my 2015 Honda. This one has not changed to daylight saving time automatically even though it is set to auto adjust for time zone. Instruction book confirms it is an automatic function. Honda Australia advice was to plug in mobile phone and it would pick up time from that. This is a bandaid solution as when unplugged tme reverts back. Told them this answer was unacceptable and the problem needs to be properly resolved . They have now referred me to the dealer. The mapping software was 2017 even though car was a 2018. Software has now been updated twice now on 2019 software version due to it constantly “recalculating” but, this is still happening. Dealer is to check if system is communicating with satellite!!! These two problems will be looked at during next service. At this point in time am not impressed having these problem with the top of the line 2018 Honda CRV. Will update this review if and when problems are resolved.

Badge2018 VTI-LX (Australia)
Drive4WD
Engine Size1.5 Turbo
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great SUV

What a neat little vehicle to drive. Downsized from a Ford Ranger PX as our needs have changed. Much more comfortable, lots more room and very frugal on fuel. Great 1.5 litre motor which is very quite. Test drove several brands including Mazda, Kia, Hyundai. Great value for money and just couldn’t go past this CRV. Only middle of the road model but has more than we need. Got a great deal by asking for a seven year warranty and road side assist to be included.
Look forward to a long association with this vehicle.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Awesome car

We bought our Honda CR-V in January and use it as a family vehicle for my wife and I. We transport grandchildren on school or sports runs as well. The car is used every day and does short and long trips.
The car is serviced when the computer tells us to and so far no issues have been reported back to us.
Easy to drive, economical and very quiet.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best SUV in the current market

Before purchasing the CRV (VTI-S) i test drove the Toyota Rav 4 and Mazda Cx-5, i made the easy decision to get the Honda Crv as it was in a completely different league to its competitors, responsive 1.5l turbo , logical dashboard and interior configuration, lots of bootspace, heaps of legroom, sharp exterior and unbelievable fuel efficiency, 7 year warranty! ticked all the boxes, after owning it for 6 months i am so impressed and absolutely love my car...I highly recommend you give the new Crv a test drive wont be dissapointed

Engine Size1.5l
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

2018 Honda CR-V 7seater

Amazing car great technology, huge sunroof. So pleased with this car. My daughter loves how spacious it is and even how much room there is for shopping and groceries. The dash board has some pretty cool options and i love that the volume control is sleek on the steering wheel

Engine Size2.0L
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Amazing car!

The driving experience has been fulfilling and satisfactory!
If I had to change something, it would be the dash board and the LCD display which was better in the Mazda 3 we had before this.
The interiors are very spacious & that's a bonus :)
I would recommend this model to all my friends!

BadgeClassic
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car for everyday use.

Recently acquired this as a second car mostly to commute to work and back. even though it had 280,000km, it was in mint condition. I am a previous Honda owner so I was able to check the common problems and was impressed. The car drives like a dream. Everything about this car was designed for everyday use, Leg room, boot space & even fuel consumption. This also has a picnic table built as the boot floor board for the backpacker out there!. Love this car. As long as you look after the car and service on time, the car will not give any problems.

BadgeSport Classic
Engine Size2.4L
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Wonderful car and wonderful dealership

What can I say, the CR-V RE Luxury is SUCH a nice car to drive. We bought an older car (2012 model) because we dont do a lot of driving any more and needed a car my wife and I can both drive and as she is tiny and I am huge, it wasnt easy to find one we could both handle and fit into.

This particular car was almost immaculate with barely a mark on it and runs so quietly it is just a p[pleasure to drive. The RE Luxury model has all the bells and whistles including heated front seats for cold mornings, fog lamps, leather seats and door trim, a 6 stack CD player and a sun roof that magically becomes a moon roof after the sun sets!!!

But it is the drive that is what makes this car one of the best we have owned. So smooth on the road and so easy to handle with excellent space behind the wheel for a larger person and yet the ability for the seat to move forward and up enough for a smaller driver to still be able to see over the dashboard and through the back window.

For what it is worth, the dealer who supplied the car (Country Cars in Port Macquarie) was absolutely brilliant, giving a great trade on our old car and lowering the purchase price enough to get us into this perfect car.

It isnt often that car buying is such a positive experience but 5 stars is not enough for this dealer and this excellent car

BadgeLuxury
Engine Size2.4L
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great car,,,

Great car,,,heaps of room...great on fuel...take it off economy mode and put your foot down and it goes like a bat out of hell..i would recommend it to anyone,,,don't be fooled with the cx5 mazda...drive one ...people at Ringwood Honda where really nice...we only bought the basic model..that's all we could afford..if you don't go on dirt tracks you would be wasting your time buying a AWD it only works on low speed stops your wheels spinning..
Do some reading up on AWD...

BadgeVTi
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Should the car beep if you accidentally leave keys inside? Mine doesn’t. My sisters Honda does. Is it in settings somewhere that I’ve missed perhaps?

Hou mutch?

My rd7 makes low continuous whirring noise. What could it be? Checked transmission oil and seems okay.
It could simply be a light whine from a transmission/differential bearing which is common on a lot of vehicles and never poses a potential fail.If you are concerned it would be a good idea to get it inspected by a qualified mechanic just in case it is a belt pulley bearing or something similar which are often a low cost repair. I am not sure that Product Review is the correct place to be asking for mechanical advice though :)

RW ViRW VTiRW VTi-ERW VTi-LRW VTi-LXRW VTi-S AWDRW VTi-S 2WDCR-V RECR-V RMCR-V RD1CR-V RD7
Starting Price $30,990$33,590$34,490$38,990$44,290$36,490$36,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels17" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars
Doors5555555
Seats5557555
Fuel Consumption7.6L/100km7L/100km7.3L/100km7.3L/100km7.4L/100km7.4L/100km7.4L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 57 L57 L57 L57 L57 L57 L57 L
Engine4 Cylinder, 2.0L4 Cylinder, 1.5L4 Cylinder, 1.5L4 Cylinder, 1.5L4 Cylinder, 1.5L4 Cylinder, 1.5L4 Cylinder, 1.5L
Max Power113kW @ 6500rpm140kW @ 5600rpm140kW @ 5600rpm140kW @ 5600rpm140kW @ 5600rpm140kW @ 5600rpm140kW @ 5600rpm
Max Torque189Nm @ 4300rpm240Nm @ 2000-5000rpm240Nm @ 2000-5000rpm240Nm @ 2000-5000rpm240Nm @ 2000-5000rpm240Nm @ 2000-5000rpm240Nm @ 2000-5000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailandThailandThailandThailand
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), Driver Attention Detection, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure Monitor
Extra Features Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer and USB PortAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, Sunroof, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, Sunroof, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, USB Port and Voice Control
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg1,500 kg1,000 kg1,000 kg1,500 kg1,000 kg1,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)600 kg600 kg600 kg600 kg600 kg600 kg600 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2007Jan 2012Jan 1997Jan 2002
Discontinuation dateDec 2011Dec 2016Dec 2001Dec 2006