Fabulous Car

This is the best car we've ever purchased. Drives beautifully, has all the 'bells and whistles' and is just great. Couldn't recommend Shannon from Berwick Honda enough. Her product knowledge and professionalism were superb.

HONDA CRV

Daily use to and from work. Long distance travel interstate. Taxi for children and sporting equipment including kayaks on roof racks. Trailer efficient. Never had a problem with this vehicle

Purchased at Tynan Motors for $32,000.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Great Family Car

We have now done 2000km in a Honda CR-V VTi-S (2WD). This is just a great family car and ticks all of the boxes. It is practical and drives great. I was a bit worried going from a BMW X3 to this car on the way it handles and power. The CVT transmission seems well paired to the 1.5 turbo engine and when you need power it is very surprising as to how much this little engine can deliver. We did road test the AWD and the 2WD and opted for the cheaper 2WD option as we only do road driving anyway and could feel no difference between the vehicles.

We haven't encountered any problems and the service at the dealership has been excellent so far. I would recommend test driving one of these if you a looking for a mid sized SUV. You will be surprised how big this new CR-V is!

Engine Size1.5T
Date PurchasedDec 2018

October 2018 VTIS AWD

I love driving this car. My last car was a corolla wagon bought new in 2003, loving my upgrade. Incredibly spacious and comfortable. Has plenty of zip when overtaking and its fuel economy has surpassed all expectations, 6.2l/100km freeway driving, I am averaging 7.4l/100km extra urban. The reports of noise are unfounded, touchscreen is easy to use and the whole interior feels luxurious. Unleaded 91 plus fuel economy sees me saving on my fuel bill!

DriveAWD
Engine Size1.5l Turbo
Date PurchasedOct 2018

I must have bought the lemon

I bought the CRV VTi LX in September 2017. Within 6 months the display screen started playing up and as automatically resetting itself continually while I was driving. After a number of visits to the dealer to have it reset, they had to replace the entire unit. Then there's the driver's seat warmer playing up - often switches itself off within a couple of minutes of being on and then I sometimes can't turn it on again. Then today, I put the shift lever into reverse, then into drive ... and the shift lever button on the side fell off! Yep, snapped off and landed on the floor. Cheap plastic completely broken and the spring fell out. Luckily I was able to drive straight home and didn't need to change into reverse at any time. I could put it in park when I got home, so put the brake on and my husband had to disconnect the battery as it wouldn't allow me to completely turn off the car electrics because it wasn't in park! All this on a Saturday afternoon and the dealer doesn't open till Monday. So I'm now waiting to see if I will receive a follow up phone call in response to my phone call and email. I will never, ever buy another Honda. The drive is luxurious and it has terrific safety features but it is a cheap build and I'm extremely disappointed that I bought it. This is only within the first year. I wonder what else is going to go wrong?!

BadgeCRV VTi LX
Engine Size0
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Love the Luxury

I purchased the good looking CRV vti-lx AWD after checking out both the HRV and CRV. Once inside the CRV I knew this was for me. Its very easy to drive. The cabin has a lovely look and feel with soft touch surfaces, leather seats and large sunroof. The large screen is super bright and easy to use. The automatic tailgate works great. Can't do without the left camera now I'm used to it. Lots of space and economical to drive too. It did take me a couple of days to get my head around setting the safety features the car.
Connectivity makes it easy to set up several mobile phones for use in the car with Android Auto or Apple Carplay ( Of course can only use one at a time)
Its a size bigger than I needed but with parking sensors and a great rear view camera its easy to park so size not a problem.
Very happy with my choice.

BadgeWhat does this mean
Engine Size0
Date PurchasedNov 2018

VERY VERY Disappointed GPS system

UPDATE. Dealer looked at GPS issues and the time not automatically changing for daylight saving and they have not been able to find solution. In short it is not the dealers fault but it is the sole responsibility of Honda to fix the malfunction of both GPS AND auto daylight savings not working. Will never purchase a Honda vehicle again. Will go back to being a Toyota customer. updated from - Car is used daily. Have travelled 10,000km already in 4 months. GPS system is nowhere as good as my 2015 Honda. This one has not changed to daylight saving time automatically even though it is set to auto adjust for time zone. Instruction book confirms it is an automatic function. Honda Australia advice was to plug in mobile phone and it would pick up time from that. This is a bandaid solution as when unplugged tme reverts back. Told them this answer was unacceptable and the problem needs to be properly resolved . They have now referred me to the dealer. The mapping software was 2017 even though car was a 2018. Software has now been updated twice now on 2019 software version due to it constantly “recalculating” but, this is still happening. Dealer is to check if system is communicating with satellite!!! These two problems will be looked at during next service. At this point in time am not impressed having these problem with the top of the line 2018 Honda CRV. Will update this review if and when problems are resolved.

Badge2018 VTI-LX (Australia)
Engine Size1.5 Turbo
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great SUV

What a neat little vehicle to drive. Downsized from a Ford Ranger PX as our needs have changed. Much more comfortable, lots more room and very frugal on fuel. Great 1.5 litre motor which is very quite. Test drove several brands including Mazda, Kia, Hyundai. Great value for money and just couldn’t go past this CRV. Only middle of the road model but has more than we need. Got a great deal by asking for a seven year warranty and road side assist to be included.
Look forward to a long association with this vehicle.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Awesome car

We bought our Honda CR-V in January and use it as a family vehicle for my wife and I. We transport grandchildren on school or sports runs as well. The car is used every day and does short and long trips.
The car is serviced when the computer tells us to and so far no issues have been reported back to us.
Easy to drive, economical and very quiet.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best SUV in the current market

Before purchasing the CRV (VTI-S) i test drove the Toyota Rav 4 and Mazda Cx-5, i made the easy decision to get the Honda Crv as it was in a completely different league to its competitors, responsive 1.5l turbo , logical dashboard and interior configuration, lots of bootspace, heaps of legroom, sharp exterior and unbelievable fuel efficiency, 7 year warranty! ticked all the boxes, after owning it for 6 months i am so impressed and absolutely love my car...I highly recommend you give the new Crv a test drive wont be dissapointed

Engine Size1.5l
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

2018 Honda CR-V 7seater

Amazing car great technology, huge sunroof. So pleased with this car. My daughter loves how spacious it is and even how much room there is for shopping and groceries. The dash board has some pretty cool options and i love that the volume control is sleek on the steering wheel

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Amazing car!

The driving experience has been fulfilling and satisfactory!
If I had to change something, it would be the dash board and the LCD display which was better in the Mazda 3 we had before this.
The interiors are very spacious & that's a bonus :)
I would recommend this model to all my friends!

BadgeClassic
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car for everyday use.

Recently acquired this as a second car mostly to commute to work and back. even though it had 280,000km, it was in mint condition. I am a previous Honda owner so I was able to check the common problems and was impressed. The car drives like a dream. Everything about this car was designed for everyday use, Leg room, boot space & even fuel consumption. This also has a picnic table built as the boot floor board for the backpacker out there!. Love this car. As long as you look after the car and service on time, the car will not give any problems.

BadgeSport Classic
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Wonderful car and wonderful dealership

What can I say, the CR-V RE Luxury is SUCH a nice car to drive. We bought an older car (2012 model) because we dont do a lot of driving any more and needed a car my wife and I can both drive and as she is tiny and I am huge, it wasnt easy to find one we could both handle and fit into.

This particular car was almost immaculate with barely a mark on it and runs so quietly it is just a p[pleasure to drive. The RE Luxury model has all the bells and whistles including heated front seats for cold mornings, fog lamps, leather seats and door trim, a 6 stack CD player and a sun roof that magically becomes a moon roof after the sun sets!!!

But it is the drive that is what makes this car one of the best we have owned. So smooth on the road and so easy to handle with excellent space behind the wheel for a larger person and yet the ability for the seat to move forward and up enough for a smaller driver to still be able to see over the dashboard and through the back window.

For what it is worth, the dealer who supplied the car (Country Cars in Port Macquarie) was absolutely brilliant, giving a great trade on our old car and lowering the purchase price enough to get us into this perfect car.

It isnt often that car buying is such a positive experience but 5 stars is not enough for this dealer and this excellent car

BadgeLuxury
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great car,,,

Great car,,,heaps of room...great on fuel...take it off economy mode and put your foot down and it goes like a bat out of hell..i would recommend it to anyone,,,don't be fooled with the cx5 mazda...drive one ...people at Ringwood Honda where really nice...we only bought the basic model..that's all we could afford..if you don't go on dirt tracks you would be wasting your time buying a AWD it only works on low speed stops your wheels spinning..
Do some reading up on AWD...

BadgeVTi
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Do not buy this car

SO this needs a lot of work doing to it.
Tyres are expensive on it, the fuel pump needs replacing and also the breaks, gear box and also spark plugs.
Does not cope with driving to and from FSH to alkimos everyday.
Would not recommend this car at all, do not buy it!

BadgeSpecial Edition
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love

We are very grateful that we have bought our Honda at Sutton Honda at the Homebush. Thanks Wilson and Nick as they were very kind and professional and helpful and knowledgeable about everything we asked about this new car as we traded in our old CRV in. It’s Amazing and drives well and fuel is very good as we only fill up once a week. Thanks Honda

BadgeSport Classic
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love them,but you need to find a well maintained model

Great car,i have a 2004 CR-V which has just clicked on 280,000km.
No problems.The key is maintenance.The diffs,& gearbox need to be serviced with genuine honda oil only,or you will end up with problems,especially the rear diff as non genuine oil ends up causing shuddering when accelerating.It only costs about $17 for a litre from Honda,so it's not expensive.
Regular oil changes are also important.
Great on fuel,averages about 9 litres to 100 on the freeway,& around 11 litres in the city,
Ensure you buy one with a complete service history,that's the key,& you will have a great car.

Badgebase model
Date PurchasedOct 2017

I love my car

Awesome car, plenty of room, fuel saving. comfortable ride. easy easy to drive. the height is perfect too. We were tossing between RAV4 or CRV. So glad we made our decision on CR-V
I've had this car now for 3 years with no regrets. Only thing is the multimedia console which is quite outdated but with the new CRV, they have done an upgrade with iphone connectivity and such.
Would drive the same car again.

BadgeClassic
Date PurchasedJan 2015

Excellent car great fuel economy

Bought in August 2017 after tossing between cx5 n crv. Crv represented a much better value for money and a much bigger interior. 5 yrs unlimited km warranty. I have driven in 17000km so far and average fuel consumption ranges between 6.5l/100 to 7.3/100 for mixed use. apple CarPlay is excellent.
I owned Honda’s before so I know they are good and reliable cars. This one is no different.

BadgeVTi