Diane C.

Diane C.Sydney, NSW

Super slow postage, too much packaging, expensive, no communication.

I ordered 2 books online through Dymocks. I didn't realise but the price of the books was double what I could have paid on another site, so it pays to shop around. I also had no idea when the order would arrive. It took 2 weeks before the order was dispatched, so for 2 weeks, I heard nothing. Finally, after 2 1/2 weeks, I got a notice from Australia Post telling me that the order was on the way. The order arrived, 3 weeks after I ordered them, in a lot of unnecessary cardboard. Dymocks need to speed up their deliveries, have competitive pricing and communicate with the customer about delivery times.

Elizabeth

ElizabethMurray Region, NSW

Book burning by dymocks

dymocks is now playing the same game as "big tech" and the media by censoring books by authors whose views they disagree with - it is shocking to realize they are trying to influence public opinion and stop people purchasing any books written by authors who speak their truth or who hold alternate views. This is "book burning" in the modern day age. I now question how many other important books are no longer on dymocks' shelves because of this bias. It's a sad directive from the company to force this on much loved local stores and store owners too, whose businesses will suffer because of the narrow corporate attitude.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely beautiful and very functional!

Absolutely beautiful and very functional. The yellow coverband is easy to remove. I would strongly recommend this Internet password book.

TKNT

TKNTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Inaccurate stock availabilities

Inaccurate stock availabilities showing on items. Did not even tell after 1 week that the book is not available. Would NOT definitely use these again. Really bad experience

Jennifer

Jennifer Sydney, NSW

Great experience

Rash, from castle towers, helped me buy a book for my niece last week. I briefly explained her interests and he helped me buy a book which he thought she would like. My niece was so happy with his choice and it was even written by her favourite author!

Quick response and action from customer service

Made an order on boxing day, sent in multiple batches, I recieved first two parcels pretty quickly- on the third parcel however, someone made a mistake and sent the wrong book. Customer service responded within hours and immediately dispatched a replacement, which arrived shortly after.

ally_angel66

ally_angel66geelong

Do not order online - you will be disappointed

David

DavidKingston 2604, ACT

Customer service mega-fail

lcc

lccSydney, NSW

available stock is outdated

i bought a book from dymock online store, on the site the book i want to order is marked as available, but i waited for almost three weeks the item is not arrive. i called to enquire about my order’s status then they inform me the book is not in stock. i waited for three weeks without amy updates from dymock.

shut down your online store if you cannot provide a truth stock availability information.

Very helpful!

I ordered some textbooks from the online store. Although all delivered, a couple of them went missing. It was perhaps stolen by the postman. When I contacted Dymocks, they offered to re-send the books that I didn't receive. Extremely grateful!!

Jennifer

JenniferQueensland

Far too long to wait

There are many other online sites that would be far quicker than Dymocks. I would not recommend Dymocks unless you are prepared for a long wait.

Tassie06

Tassie06Tasmania

Disgrace

Have been waiting for my order for over a month now decided to contact them regarding it. Was told the order number was unrecognisable . So I forwarded them my order page & am now waiting on what excuse I will get next. I have asked them for a refund see what happens there but whatever happens I won't be going near this store EVER again.

NOT HAPPY!!!

Wish I'd read all the reviews first

I ordered a book to be delivered to an address in Sydney. I am based in the UK. They sent the book to the UK but as soon as I was notified about this, I contacted them to explain their mistake (it was their mistake, the order was correct)
After a week of trying to contact them with no response, I was finally told it was too late to do anything and that I would also have to pay an import charge for the book coming into the UK!!!
Do not use

Cancelled my order, was sent regardless...

Worst online book store

Do not buy any books from dymocks. We ordered our 2 weeks ago but the status says it hasn’t even dispatched yet. Hate this website

Ally

AllyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Withdrawing Pete Evans books

I will not be buying off Dymocks bookstore both online and in store because they took Pete Evens off the book shelves for posting a tweet yet they have an ex president who wanted war. You promote books coming from Australia yet it 4-6 weeks

Dymocks Joins SJW by Cancelling Chef Pete Evans

Dymocks removing chef Pete Evans books because of a tweet. Your cancel culture has cost you not only my business, but all my family who are book lovers, and anyone else I ever speak to. Your cancel culture policy will bite you back

Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shop elsewhere

I should have read reviews before ordering. The online store gives the impression that books are in-stock and will be shipped from within Australia. Only after ordering so they send an email to say it will take 4-6weeks. It has now been two months with no sign of the books.

Hellen D.

Hellen D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service, expensive and arrogant.

Mazda 2

Mazda 2

Misrepresentation- Dymocks stores have no connection to online store.

BPDMA

BPDMAasked

Dymocks

How to access a eBook I purchased last night ?

deb

debasked

Dymocks

any luck or advice to get the ereader app to open. just purchased ebook and cant read the damn thing, ereader app says login in wrong. password has been reset nothing is working and yet on dymocks web page my password lets me in fine

MaryC

MaryCasked

Dymocks

How do you get back to the last page you were reading on the ereader app?

Glenys

When you click on READ it should take you to the page you were reading last. If this doesn't happen for you complain to Dymocks. After my initial complaint, twelve emails from Dymocks and more than twelve replies from me; two days of instructions to cut and paste, download, install and un-install, the book suddenly appeared in the Dymocks e-reader.

Glenys

Just had another look at the e-reader. If your's does not automatically save the page, there is a tab in the top right hand corner below the magnifying glass symbol which creates a bookmark. You will find the list of bookmarks in the settings menu.

Get an answer from our members and Dymocks representatives

Other Book Shops