Tayah K.

Tayah K.

Love this bookstore!

the staff are always friendly and welcoming and are always happy to help. love hearing their recommendations and enjoy all the books they pick out for me. couldn’t be happier

Store Locationhighpoint VIC
Mitra.M

Mitra.M

Excellent service

Stationery staff in George st are very knowledgeable and helpful.it was a delight to find all i needed in the shop. Great gifts also. One stop shopping for me.I would definitely go back.

Carly A.

Carly A.Sydney, NSW

Ebook purchase experience is akin to throwing your money in the bin

Purchased an ebook version of a recipe book I needed today. Bought the ebook so I could access a particular recipe prior to going to the supermarket. 40 minutes later have not managed to access the book. Instead of immediate download as advertised takes minimum 15 minutes to appear, and then can only be accessed using one of 2 options with a one time only choice as to which (not disclosed prior to purchase). Both apps have 1 star ratings (for good reason). Have not managed to access the book. Waste of time and will now be paying to get the physical copy as well instead. Very unhappy.

Contests are a Scam - Lies and Half-Truths

WTG

WTGSouthwest, VIC

Appalling E-Book reader that does not work on an y Apple Devices

I purchased an e-book from Dymocks on-line store. I cannot download e-book to read on any of my 3 Apple devices. The App for iphone and ipad keeps telling me it cannot connect to the server and to try again later- it still doesn't work later. I cannot download e-book at all on my macbook (which is where I really want to read it) because there are no applications to open the ebook!! I cannot get through on the phone to them, and email takes at least 48 hours to respond, and their suggested options don't work. This makes the e-book UNFIT FOR PURPOSE according to Australian Consumer Law! Am waiting to see if they will provide a refund!!

Alice

AliceSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Ned Michalk

Ned MichalkCentral West, NSW

worse delivery service- AMAZON IS 1000% BETTER

After paying for express delivery in January my package has still not arrived in mid February!! I am so dissappointed no wonder book stores are closing because there service is awful

Avoid it!

They don't manage their suppliers, don't check the availability of their items on their website, don't follow the tracking, don't answer on time to the mail requests of their customers.. Mainly, they are not at all capable to make their job. If you don't want to waste your time and be in trouble with your deadline, chose another website.

Other Book Shops
Suspended Q

Suspended QIllawarra, NSW

Interval Weight Loss For Women

Dr Nick Fuller has written another great book.
His scientific approach to optimum health and realistic weight loss is wonderful.
I have Interval Weight Loss For Life, I have enjoyed the book, the tips and the recipes.
I struggle to lose weight and decided to buy IWLFW. It's a great read, it's an integrated model of health.
It's easy to read and stimulating.

Store LocationSydney

Ann

AnnSydney, NSW

Unreliable online system

Opted for the ebook so i dont need to wait for delivery as i really needed the book for a presentation. Transaction went smoothly or so I thought.. got charged right away but the order did not show up in the bookshelf nor was provided a link to download. Called to complain and been told ive now have to wait for at least 24 hours as it will have to be raised to their technical team. No means to expedite. Disappointed. Never had issues like this with Amazon. Unfortunately they did not have the ebook.

Jan A

Jan ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not waste your money on express shipping

If I could give 0 stars, I would.

I ordered a Christmas gift in November, ETA approx. 5th December. It's now January and after several calls, it's still not here! Terrible company, you won't see my money again.

Rich and Kath

Rich and KathPerth, WA

Useless

Ordered book for Christmas.Delivery date was to be well before Christmas.
Delivery date subsequently changed. Twice.
Book arrived after Christmas but was the wrong book. Dymocks not going to send the correct book until we post the wrong book back to them.
Great customer service.

Tcap

TcapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Return of unwanted Xmas preset

Returned an unwanted book present to Dymocks Melbourne store along with the return coupon inside the front cover. Person behind the counter wasn’t prepared to accept it back as it had a small crease in the corner of the cover. Floor manager wasn’t available ( how convenient). No good will what so ever . I normally buy my books at Readings and I will continue to do so.

Store LocationMelbourne

Dymocks' Policy Contradictory

Dymocks' exchange policy is horrendus. The City Store do not accept an exchange note issued by another Dymocks. The Note clearly said, the item can be exchange if not suitable.

digital gift card

I purchased 2 digital gift cards in the one order on Christmas Eve. The link to the first card arrived 2 hours later - unsatisfactory for a card which should be generated by the system. However 5 days later I am still waiting for the link to the second card despite several emails. I was told that the second link was in a CSV file on the original email. There was no reference to the file in the email. The link in the CSV file won’t work. I’ll never buy a digital gift card on line from Dymocks again.

JDoc

JDocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Took 3 weeks!

I ordered a book on the 7th of December and it just showed up today - the 27th. It took 3 weeks to deliver. I will never use their online store again.

Wow.. Never again...

Two and a half weeks before Christmas you would think a book would arrive that ‘dispatches in 4-5days’ would turn up in time... but no... work communication and worst online purchasing experience (and I do a lot online).

This ‘business’ should not be running!

Michael

MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Wow full

What a joke
Confirmation email but 5 weeks later no book so email help desk.
Sorry yet another tech difficulty so refunded my pay pal payment without contacting me to see what I ordered and so I could get what I originally ordered.
No problem to them go back and start again.
NOT WITH YOU LOT.
PATHETIC.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

False advertising

Don't even bother going here, deception and lies. The online delivery times are false and misleading.
Paid for express freight and 1 - 4 days so proceeded as needed asap for gift.
Once I paid I was informed 14 days before delivery as stock issues ect, when I called to voice my concern it seemed they really didn't care. BAD SERVICE DYMOCKS.

BPDMA

BPDMAasked

Dymocks

How to access a eBook I purchased last night ?

deb

debasked

Dymocks

any luck or advice to get the ereader app to open. just purchased ebook and cant read the damn thing, ereader app says login in wrong. password has been reset nothing is working and yet on dymocks web page my password lets me in fine

MaryC

MaryCasked

Dymocks

How do you get back to the last page you were reading on the ereader app?

Glenys

When you click on READ it should take you to the page you were reading last. If this doesn't happen for you complain to Dymocks. After my initial complaint, twelve emails from Dymocks and more than twelve replies from me; two days of instructions to cut and paste, download, install and un-install, the book suddenly appeared in the Dymocks e-reader.

Glenys

Just had another look at the e-reader. If your's does not automatically save the page, there is a tab in the top right hand corner below the magnifying glass symbol which creates a bookmark. You will find the list of bookmarks in the settings menu.

Get an answer from our members and Dymocks representatives

Other Book Shops