1.5

JSE

JSEKambah

Unreliable

I bought a book online on August 8, and it was described as being in stock. I paid express post, and delivery date was estimated between September 7-11, one month for express post for an item supposedly in stock. By September 8 I emailed them as I hadn't received confirmation of postage.i was told it's delayed, and that it may not be in stock. On September 9 I called and cancelled the order and they refunded the money promptly. On the same day I ordered the same book from Booktopia and paid express postage. I received the book the next day!

Terrible gift wrapping which I paid for, and took long time to arrive in post

I paid extra for gift wrapping and it was a terrible job- the card greeting had scribbled and rushed handwriting on it. It also took nearly 4 weeks to arrive yet it was listed “in stock.” I know the post has been slow because of COVID, but that is excessive. Next time I will buy it cheaper with another bookstore

Vaso

VasoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What's the Point?

Why on earth did I even bother ordering a book from Dymocks online store? Totally pointless and a waste of time. Will be waiting for my book that I ordered from Dymocks locally for a long while. Ring Dymocks about my order the girl on the phone tells me it's being shipped from the UK. If I had of know I would have ordered the book directly from Book Depository. Never again will I buy or order online from Dymocks. You can keep the $6.30 booklover rewards balance....Lame.

Christophern

ChristophernSydney, NSW

Don't deliver and don't make the effort

Dymocks lost over $100 worth of my eBooks.

I had an awful experience. I spent over $100 on eBooks however none appear in my library. I contacted support and was talked to so rudely by an arrogant woman. First email to support was not responded too. The second email was forwarded to someone else and now they are having me download different software which feels unsafe. I followed the instructions and still do not have my books its been over 1 week.

I just want to read my books =/ I feel scammed I paid money and have nothing in return.

Slowest delivery and worst customer service

Delivery takes way too long. I ordered a book and it’ll take 3.5 weeks to arrive. They need one week to despatch since they receive the book from their supplier. Clearly this isn’t what customers expect in online shopping era.
customer service team didn’t or would’t help. The lady answered phone call basically refused to do anything to speed up.
Their online order status doesn’t offer any useful info. The estimated delivery is blank.
Nothing is positive about shipping at dymocks online.

3 months since I ordered a book. 1 month since I tried to cancel it.

I ordered 2 books 3 months ago, I received 1 in a reasonable timeframe, but the other is still on order. I attempted to cancel the order one month ago, but have not received any news at all. I ended up giving up and ordering the book from book depository (based in the uk) and it has already arrived.

While physical locations may be fine, dont order online. Use booktopia or bookdepository instead.

Grace Q

Grace QPerth, WA

Don't buy from here!!!

Don't waste your money on here!! I ordered an ebook from here and I cant download it on a computer. It keeps coming up with an error message no matter what computer I use. I tried calling, and no answer, I also tried emailing 4 times, and I haven't received anything back!! Save yourself some money and time and don't bother!!!

Other Book Shops
Joel Mackenzie

Joel MackenzieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really disappointing

Completely understand the impact if COVID on delivery times, but it's now been 8 weeks since I placed my order and more than a month past its estimated delivery date. Extremely slow customer service response when inquiring about the status of my order as well. Really disappointing, especially considering I've ordered multiple books from other sellers in that time frame that have been delivered and read while I still waiting for this one.

Find out how Dymocks compares to other Book Shops

Lots of excuses with their mistakes

Bought a book online, didn’t hear anything for 14 days. Ring them, no one answer! Emailed them, and then they said need another 1-3 business days to dispatch. I just let them refund and leave me alone. Full of rubbish!

Takes months to deliver and you have to chase them

Paul B.

Paul B.Perth, WA

Dont blame the virus when your service has always been CRAP

Like almost all reviews here the service or should I say, lack of service, is unbelievable. I was told I would receive my order around the 7 May and its already the 14 June. So many incompetent companies like this lazy book sellers are blaming the virus but its quiet obvious they have ALWAYS given TERRIBLE SERVICE... dont use Dymocks. They are CRAP..

john mcpherson

john mcphersonSydney, NSW

Dymocks Castle Hill

i ordered a book and was told it would take 4 - 5 business days. I called in and was told it would be another 4 days. I emailed them requesting a store credit and not to bother this evening. Less than an hour later, at 10PM, i received a text saying it was in store. Funny it just appeared at 10PM, an hour after I emailed them, on a Friday night. I'll never trust their sales staff, one in particular.

Store LocationCASTLE HILL
Jessica H.

Jessica H.Gippsland, VIC

Unsatisfied doesn't cover it

Hi, I received the parcel today and I'm not satisfied. I paid $26 not incl shipping and I received something I'd more call a pamphlet than a book. NOT worth $26.
Not only not happy with waiting more than a month for 1 book, but the book costing a lot more than it's worth.
Won't be shopping with you again

Tony

TonyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service

Ali

Ali

Bit expensive

The books tend to be quite expensive. I purchased a psychology guide from there a few months ago, and it costed relatively more than competitors. For now, Dymocks is my backup store if I can’t find a title anywhere else.

Ben

Ben

Save yourself the money and trouble and use someone else

JEM

JEMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Favourite place

Dymocks is one of my favourite shops, I would have loved to give a four star rating however the prices could be better and the sales too. In saying that though, they stock is pretty adequate and they always seem to be up to date. The staff are also very friendly and always offering a helping hand!

Store LocationSouthland

Terrible online service

So ordered two books online to keep myself occupied during covid, got told that ther might be a bit of a delay fast foward a month still waiting for obe of my books, one came in 3 weeks after i ordered while they were keep changing dates and shipment days(got told that they will come together) ended up orderingthe other volumes from a different website and came a week later, ( both were based in sydney) so basically trust all of tbese bad experience go to a physical dy mocks and don't order from them online, or just order from somewhere else would be the best option.

Renee