Dymocks

See the Best Book Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Online "pre-order" scheduled for delivery several weeks after the book hits shelves

I pre-ordered a book that was scheduled for delivery on 11th September. While travelling overseas I saw the very same book on airport bookshelves. Dymocks tells me that "pre-orders" are shipped from a separate shipment of stock that comes several weeks after the stock to be sold in stores. What's the point of pre-ordering something that comes after I can buy it in a shop?

Too hard for a simple e-book purchase

Although the issue I had was resolved. The effort required far exceeded a simple e-book purchase. For whatever reason Dymocks process was not compatible with my desktop. This is the first time I have ever had an issue opening an e-book with ADE. There are plenty of other companies to purchase from that will cause no problems.

Also their initial customer service is poor. It could be computer generated as it was far too generic. To be fair once they realised your issue was not resolved (after two days) the service was very good.

Moonie Michael

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Don't Mock Dymocks

Since my local Dymocks store closed down several years ago, I've had to resort to using their online store and it's been brilliant.
They have a great range of products available, it's not just about books.
Dymocks online support system is wonderful. They're very professional & helpful, if you have a query or any issue they're always there. You'll also find their communication is always timely, I've never had to wait for a response and I've been notified (via email) immediately regarding any issues with my orders such as out of stock items or delivery times for example.
I higly recommend you give Dymocks a go if you're a bookworm like myself or not, there's something for everyone to add to your cart.

Izzy

IzzySydney, NSW

good place to browse and buy

Staff are helpful (george street or neautral bay), great selection of books and also knick knacks, particularity in the george street sydney cbd store, which also has very good opening hours. My only complaint would be sometimes some books are a bit pricey.

Store Locationgeorge street , sydneycbd

Anita

Anita

Dymocks have been nothing short of professional and provide extremely good service!

Chethaka S.

Chethaka S.Hobart, TAS

Never buy Ebooks from Dymocks

I have purchased an ebook from Dymock and downloaded their ebook reader app as well.
1. The ebook was download after many attempts.
2. Once open the ebook from their ebook reader app (windows & IOS) in both platforms book can not be read due to poor synchronization. So had to buy from another vendor.
3. Once request a refund, Dymock is still silent about the issues and very poor customer service as well

Do not ever plan to buy from this guys

Jack

JackMurray Region, NSW

Never again!

Ordered an ebook yesterday for "instant download", which I understood to be like other ebook suppliers. 30 hours later, no link, no listing in my Dymocks Ebookshelf, no reply to my phone message or email.

I have been using the Internet since 1994, ordering online for many years, and ran an online business myself. This is without a doubt the worst customer service I have come across.

Not to mention the crazy, proprietary, complex system to actually view the ebook. This involved downloading Microsoft SQL and a full-blown application of 37 MB. No doubt I would suffer the same frustrations as other reviewers in trying to use this nightmare!

Don't buy eBooks from Dymocks

Purchased a Field Guide from Dymocks online . Can't view title in many of the standard eBook applications/platforms i.e. Kindle. Downloaded the Dymocks Application. Over 2 weeks back and forth with help team the title still could not be viewed in their OWN Dymocks Application using an ipad! Was advised to install Adobe Digital Editor which has appalling reviews. Finally could view the title however could not use the search function.

Product unusable

The purchased ebook was sent in a epub file that keep defaulting to iTunes. Took a paid private technician over an hour to convert to a usable and legible format. I will buy a hard copy next time as I a still waiting for someone from dymocks to respond after 6 months. NEVER AGAIN.

Guy

GuyCanberra 2600, ACT

Belconnen Mall store

Very poor customer service. I ordered a book instore and paid fully only to realise that the store had ordered the purchase 5 days later and a two week delay.

Store LocationBelconnen Mall

Diana

DianaVictoria

The most expensive bookstore in Australia

Dymocks is ripping their customers off. Their prices are sky high and they never agree to match other retailers prices. I shopped there few years ago, when we still had Borders and Angus and Roberstons physical stores. Those days they were competing with each other. Now theres only Dymocks as a physical bookstore so they can do whatever they want. Never shop there anymore. I buy my books online or in Kmart and Big W.

Tye

TyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brisbane CBD- Terrible return policy

Bought 2 diaries for my Kids. Found out wife had already bought some. Went back next day to ask for refund but none was given because it was a sale item. Please look at our return policy attach. Who reads these fine prints. Never buying anything from them again, didn't even offer store credit.

Store LocationBrisbane CBD

Jessie

JessieNew South Wales

Dymocks Burwood - Refund issues - unacceptable customer service

Store LocationDymocks Burwood

TISM

TISMPerth, WA

No stars if I could for online Dymocks ”service”

Thought I would give the Aussie Battler a go in the guise of Dymocks Online. They efficiently took my money and then 22 months to get to the point of telling me that a book advertised as “available” online was not. Refunded (PayPal) in US$’s at XR loss (due to movements in the close on 2 year hiatus) about summed up the experience. In summary a complete sham in terms of an online business with an inaccurate database of products. Product on my doorstep from O/S warehouse in 4 days with Amazon and Fishpond, 22 months and no book and monetary penalty with the Dumocks

Store LocationOnline
deb

debVictoria

waste of time buying ebook, cant read it as ereader app wont accept log in credentials

purchased academic ebook for assignment and cant read it. ereader app wont accept login details even though it has been reset 3 times. dymocks online shop in web browser accepts my log in, but the reader wont. dont want to use adobe digital editions as i wont to access the book across multiple devices.
emailed customer help at dymocks but not too optimistic after reading these reviews.

kate

kateHobart, TAS

Gift card - don't buy online

Bought online giftcard via PayPal checkout. There was no option to personalise card or write the intended recipient's address. So basically I'm sending myself a gift card which I will have to readdress and send to the person I want to give it to.
Not only that, they even got my state wrong on the invoice! How can that happen? PayPal is correct but Dymocks got it wrong? Such a ridiculous mistake. Absolutely hopeless. Don't buy this. I will NEVER shop at their online store again

Steph

StephSydney, NSW

Slow online service

It took 12 days to be shipped and 1 day to get here so you can't blame Aust post for the slow delivery. I sent an email at day 12 and Viola! i received an email that day saying it had been shipped. Will never buy from Dymocks online again. In a world where online shopping is at the forefront, Dymocks really need to up their game.

Store LocationDYMOCKS Online

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best place to buy books

I got a Booklovers Card so when I go to any Dymocks and buy books I can earn points and rewards so I can save up for something when I reach a certain number of points required.

Mcyc

McycSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible Online Experience, WIll Never Buy Again

Bought an ebook for education purposes, as we all know, books needed for courseworks are expensive. When I purchased the book, there was no warning or direction on how to open it. Surprise surprise, one frustrated hour and $100 later, still cannot open the bloody book. It's no wonder their sale is declining.

FYI, stay away from their ebooks, you are just wasting your money.

Unable to download ebook

Purchased an ebook and all I got for my money is what looks to be a broken link. It won't download. I have tried several reading programs but no luck. Even the Dymocks app won't do it. I can't access it from the online Dymocks bookshelf either. I wish I'd read these reviews first. I don't like my chances of getting my money back.

Donna