MPN: WAN22120AU
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Viktoria L.
Viktoria L.Sydney, NSW

Great washing machine

I've purchased the Bosch Serie 4 7.5kg washing machine about 7 months ago. The machine is pretty quiet and doesn't travel around the laundry room when on the spin. I like it has a sportswear cycle which I use quite often and runs for about 40 min. There are shorter cycles of 30min and 15min which is also great if you need quickly rinse or wash a couple of items. I would definitely recommend it. I've purchased from Appliances Online, they've provided a good service delivering it.

Purchased in January 2021 at Appliances Online.

ANGIE C
ANGIE CQueensland, 4124

R.I.Pieces

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for $749.00.

Helen H
Helen HSydney, NSW

does the job

Have been using this machine now for 18 months. Does the job, washes clothes reasonably well, hasn't destroyed anything yet. Expected a little more quality from the bosch brand, the only issue I have with it is it thinks the door isn't shut when starting a load so I have to push on the door for it to realise the door is in fact shut. I did have a base model LG washing machine before this one which sadly died and I do miss it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $669.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Bosch Serie 4 WAN22120AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Jim
JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Disappointed

Purchased in November 2020 for $716.00.

Lee MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Broken in just over 3 weeks

While the machine was working it was great. I've tried to use it this morning and it's not powered on. The power sockets are working - just the machine is dead. What is most concerning is that I only purchased the machine less than 3 weeks ago (1st March). Bosch are able to come and service it but there is a 2 week wait time (almost as long as I've owned the machine!)

Purchased in March 2021 at Appliances Online.

Lee M

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Bexster
BexsterBrisbane

Reliable

We’ve had this washing machine for over a year and been pleased with it. I’ve been cloth diapering for the whole time we’ve owned it so it gets a good work out - the “Kidswear” setting takes a while (3+hrs) but the diapers come out clean. There’s the option of 90C which is useful. “Delicate” setting works well for silks and other fine fabrics. General washing I tend to use the “Mix” setting which is about an hour. We do multiple loads a week so the water and electricity efficiency is a big plus. Given the varied type and quantity of washing we do I’ve been impressed - particularly for the cost of the washer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $629.00.

Jorgejio
Jorgejio

$2 cost $180

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $902.00.

Jane B.
Jane B.Perth, WA

Wish I’d never bought it

Bought this machine to replace my old top loader and wish I hadn’t. It’s harsh on clothes and the towels come out like cardboard, even with fabric softener. Thought I was doing the right thing, but it doesn’t save money or the planet if I have to use the dryer to make the towels usable. It is compact and quiet, but I will go back to a top loader next time.

Purchased in November 2020.

Noise Level
BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Quiet great but only one too long 3hr setting to wash a 7.5kg load size.

Love that it is quiet. My partner bought the machine for its maximum load size of 7.5kg however the only setting available for that is a way too long duration of over 3hrs.
This is not practical for a large family with large loads. Other settings are great for smaller loads.
My partner won't be buying a machine alone next time.

Purchased in September 2020.

sasiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Low quality machine from Bosch

I had Bosch WAK24160AU and the build quality is very good but this one is of very low quality, never assumed that Bosch Machine can be of such a low quality and I realised the Logo is all grey in colour where as my old machine had Bosch written in Bold Red colour. This Machine is made in China but how can Bosch compromise in quality. I bought this machine from Appliancesonline.com.au .Wasted my money.

Purchased in October 2020 for $715.00.

sasi

I already messaged and and got response saying that they will only for faulty machines not for unsatisfactory machine.

Hi sasi,
We'd like to investigate further, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11271 in the subject line with your contact number and a description of the issues you are receiving.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Mrs G
Mrs GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bring back less iron setting.

After replacing my old Bosch washing machine with the new Bosch series 4 I am disappointed Bosch has removed the less iron setting which would tumble and loosen the cloths off the drum the at the end of the spin cycle.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys.

Cynthia
CynthiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and Quiet

I bought this product online, quickly delivery to my home. The washing machine is good, I like the super quick mode which I normally use to wash socks, the delicate mode is great for silk and clothes that normally require hand wash. It's normally quiet when washing, I use the spin function after using delicate, so that it would be quicker for the clothes to dry. It 's good for family use, even quilt and blanket washing is great.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $700.00.

Hason
HasonSydney, NSW

A very quiet and compact front loader.

Purchased in June 2020.

Nick A.
Nick A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Small but excellent quality

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $758.00.

Chook305
Chook305Sydney, NSW

Very quiet and quick

Researched front loaders for quietness, as my laundry is very close to kitchen and family room. Bosch doesn’t disappoint. Very quiet, efficient and washes thoroughly. We are on tank water, so water saving is essential and our water usage has dropped. Very happy with my choice, and have some much needed bench space!

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Read more reviews - page 2See all Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines reviews

Sam T.
Sam T.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Does this machine has a short hot programme and how long does it take?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Sam T., Thank you for your question. This machine has the Super (Quick) 15’/30’ min program. It is a Extra short program, suitable for small items of lightly soiled laundry. The maximum temperature this can program can be set to is 40 °C. If you required further assistance, please feel free to call our team on 1300 369 744 (select option 2). Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Suzanne Hasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

How can I adjust temperature for any program to cold? I have tried to change the temperature on a short wash, it goes down in temperature but not to 0. I just get --- instead and the washing is hot to touch when the load finishes.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

HI Suzanne H, Thank you for your question. Depending on what stage the programme is in, you can change the set temperature before and at the beginning of the programme. In °C the sign '- -' equals cold. However if the washing is coming out hot, we ask you to call our team on 1300 36 744 (select option 2), and we'll investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Suzanne H

Thankyou for a quick reply. I will double check my next wash and then follow up.

Natalie C.
Natalie C.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

For some reason, when I want to do a super quick load it just double beeps when I press start but won’t start. The other wash settings work ok. Just this setting won’t start. Can you tell me why?

Hi Natalie C.,
Thank you for your question. When the program doesn't start we would recommend you check the following :
- Please make sure you have you pressed the 'play/pause' button or Finished in 'clock' symbol button
- Is the door closed correctly? Sometimes items may be closed in the door, so ensure nothing is in the way
- Ensure the childproof lock is deactivate
Also do any symbols also appear when the appliance double beeps? If you have checked all of the above, then please call our service team on 1300 369 744 (select option 1), and we'd be happy to investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 4 WAN22120AU questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare all 14 Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines
CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,299.00
Capacity7.5 kg
Household Size 2-3 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)
Water Rating4.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialPlastic
Dimensions 848 x 598 x 550 mm
Motor TypeConventional (Belt Drive)
Max Spin Speed 1,100 rpm