Bosch Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Bosch Serie 8 WAW28460AU

MPN: WAW28460AU

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Mira

Mira

Broken down 3 months out of warranty

It worked great untill it broke down. I have purchased extended warranty from David Jones so I hope that the repair will be quick and reliable. I have to wait till Monday to get someone to talk to me about repairs. I expected better quality and durability from Bosch.

Purchased in October 2017 at David Jones for $1,048.00.

Cathy P.

Cathy P.South East Queensland, QLD

Design fault

We have had the service man to this machine twice and now require a 3rd visit. And we purchased it 12months ago. The design of the pump filter cap won't open if there is something caught behind it. Eg button coins etc. The cap has now snapped due to blockages. We are looking for another machine as the service fees add up to a new one! It's a shame as we have no issues with the machines ability to wash clothes.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Hogs

HogsPerth, WA

This is a great Machine

My Shirts and pants always come out clean smelling like a daisy.I’d recommend this machine to anyone. And it’s easy to use. Definitely my first pick love love love

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,300.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 WAW28460AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

GrantDarling Downs, QLD

Good machine, but capacity is a bit untrue.

Hey Bosch, this is an 8kg washing machine. Why can you only put 8kg of in the machine on the cotton cycles? All the other cycles on this machine have a lower capacity. Am I missing something here? This does not make any sense.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Dryer TypeBosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Yes well that's crap

Barb BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Almost perfect.

I really like this machine which replaced my Asko. It washes well, is very quiet, and has a good selection of different wash cycles. My only negative is that almost all of our clothes are wash and wear type and have never had creases in them when they have come out of the machine. However even on the lowest spin cycle possible they end up with creases which is annoying because they are fabrics which can’t be ironed.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

That may help but we would recommend following the care instructions on the garments themselves.

Sunbeam toast and grill

Hi brought sunbeam toast and grill fist element bent and didn't work then 2nd one did the same. Only 12mths old not happy
Please give reply. Thanks you
Regards Vicki Rowlands

Purchased in August 2018 at Briscos.

Helen

HelenSydney

I like this washing machine

It washes clothes well but isn't good a removing stains and it only takes 20kg of clothes but other than that it's a pretty good washing machine I recommend it

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $917.00.

Dryer TypeMiele T 4453 C / T 4653 C

wolfgang25

wolfgang25South East Queensland, QLD

very quite and efficient

Very happy with my Bosch washing machine. It is very quite and water wise. I had it for more then 3 years and never had a problem. I can highly recommend

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Harry

HarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bosch Washing Machines are good

I just bought my third Bosch washing machine in 23 years, which is pretty good considering most washing machines only last 4-6 years. The lastest washing machine washes clothing very clean and is very economical using water and power!

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $630.00.

Rich

RichGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Should have bought one sooner

Our Samsung WF1752WPC we bought in late 2013 has done OK but it was loud and shook that end of the house when on spin. It came up with an E3 error 3 times which we fixed twice at our expense but when it came up a third time we thought that was it. I sought reviews of a good front loader from this site and the Bosch WAW28460AU came up trumps. So we bought it from Good Guys for $911 plus $239 for 5 yr warranty and delivery. So far we couldn't be happier, super quite and has very quick cycles.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $911.00.

annazianna

annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good washing machine

This is a good washing machine. I would prefer the default temperature on the mix cycle to be cold rather than warm but that's a minor thing. It was pretty expensive but I am pretty confident that it will last longer than the Made in China ones. I also like how they have an option on most cycles to use less water in exchange for more time.

great

Great front loader, not noisy, easy to use display. Saves on water. Very happy with my purchase. Have yet to find any cons with this machine. Glad I spent the money.

Purchased in October 2019.

Skye3977

Skye3977Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Font Loader I have owned

Pros - It does exactly what it is supposed to do with minimum fuss. Looks great, Quiet i have iDOS and love it.
Cons- Yet to find any

Apparently saves water and power, I cant actually verify this but if true that great also.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,400.00.

Dryer TypeBosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Craig A.

Craig A.

Bosch washer

Ideal washing machine for the money. Uses less water than other brands and less electricity than most. Very quite to run, hardly know it's on at all. Easy use display with lots of options.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,100.00.

isabelbjones

isabelbjonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't get detergent quite right, please help!

I am finding it very hard to judge the correct amount of detergent to use in my Bosch. I have never done a full 8 kg load, I usually wash light colours one day and dark the next. Have fiddled with different amounts of detergent, but judging by my towels, I am still using too much. Everything else about my machine is just great except this problem. Hope you can help[.

Purchased in May 2019 at Domayne for $1,045.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg DE45F56AW1

rosieb-w

rosieb-wSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very happy. Easy to use.

Very easy to use which makes a big difference. Plenty of different cycles all with suitable cycle times. We put all sorts of clothes in and have not had many problems at all. The sound does not take over the room and the machine doesn't shake during a cycle. Deals with all sorts of clothing and they all come out in as good condition as when they went in. It is great having a short cycle for those last minute washes or when trying to get a few done in a day. Clothes are never drenched or dripping when taking them out even straight after cycle. Overall, very happy with the machine and would certainly recommend.

Purchased in March 2018.

Susan

SusanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Very efficient and much loved, and with my family its the best to be able to stay ahead of dreadful laundry duties...life is easier with my Bosch and I can enjoy life doing other things

Works well! Worth buy!

Fully automatic, the quick wash is great. It can handle heavy duty and delicate loads. It is easy to use and there's a lot of program available for washing. The delicate cycle works well, have never had any issues with it. Worth buy, highly recommended.

Purchased in October 2019.

Gelly

GellyPerth, WA

GOOD ALLROUNDER

This machine replaced our 22 year old, 5kg, Bosch (also made in Germany). To date this machine is quiet, has good features such as a 15min. short cycle & a quiet spin that results in much drier clothes. Hoping now for another 21 years of reliable service!

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $923.00.

lizzy W.

lizzy W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Everything I was looking for.

I had a list of requirements of my new washing machine. It was to have a quick wash - this has one of 15/30mins; variable temperatures on each setting; adjustable spin speeds, high spin speed; good capacity; quiet operation; and no annoying sing-song notification. This machine does the lot , and a whole lot more to boot! I previously had a Bosch of 10yrs+ so I knew it was a brand I could rely on.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines reviews