Bosch WAS32440AU

Bosch WAS32440AU

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.2

Michael

MichaelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Another Bosch Success

Great washing machine, water saver, power saver, plenty wash options available & all lead to a great end result - clean clothes!!
Service and delivery by Appliances on line was very good. Fast change over/fitting of machines...

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$895.00.

Noise Level
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Overall a Good Machine :-)

Date PurchasedDec 2011
DTB1968

DTB1968Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Confounding door seals/gaskets

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Anne

AnneBrisbane

Avoid BOSCH front loader with rubber seal

After just 18 mths of use the rubber seal began to perish and mould has grown inside and around the rubber seal. I wish I could post the photos. Now the machine is 2 yrs +2 mths out of warranty and it has started leaking badly and has now stopped spinning. I wish I had purchased the ASKO (with its metal seal system) to avoid this problem. Two weeks on and I'm still waiting to find a day when I can be home from 9.00 to 5.00 for service. YES you can't even know whether they will come morning or afternoon!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Jules

JulesMelbourne

Issues with door and seal after 15 months of use

Extremely disappointed with this purchase. After previously owning a Bosch for 8 years I thought I'd be a loyal customer and replace my washing machine with this model. Brought in April 2015, the rubber seal has torn and mould has stained the inside of the rubber seal. Door gets jammed at times and now after every wash there is water leaking from the door. I've even taken out an extended warranty with this unit so I would get at least 5 years out of it. Never buying a Bosch again. Have lost faith in their product and workmanship. Can't even get thru to anyone at Bosch support. Do not recommend a Bosch. Not what they used to be

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Very disappointed

bought this WAS32440AU machine because told spend a bit extra and get the best it will go for years and years so got the front load and bought the condensor dryer 8kg to match WTE86030AU now 4 month out of warranty start making loud noise when running you think spending cost price over $4200 for both would last longer

Date PurchasedJan 2014
brian
brian

All i would like to say is thanks to Bosch all fixed and running wife happy again (happy wife happy life) this is way you spend the little bit extra and buy a Bosch

Short lived love

We loved this model (quiet, solid build) but it started to have problems at 3 years (mainly with the door). We contacted Bosch and the problem was sorted very quickly with Bosch exceeding our expectations. As soon as we raised the issue they were very keen to resolve it. Thanks Bosch!

JulianSydney

Very disappointed in our Bosch Front Loader Washing Machine

Julian

Following this review of the Bosch Washing machine the door handle has now been replaced.

AprilClear Island Waters

Towels dry like sandpaper

Find out how Bosch WAS32440AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

SC: Same as MP; it Rusts! and the door gets jammed!

Our Bosch Washing Machine (WAS32440AU) was fine for the first 3 years and now we keep having problems with the door. It does jam regularly (error code E:57) and the door rusts! $2,000 for 3 years makes it the most expensive machine we've ever owned! I would not recommend this product and its quite deceiving quality for a German brand! I better go back to try and open that door now...

Stephan
Stephan

ErinAdelaide

Washing Machine Stopped Working

Had the machine for 2.5 years, was not spinning cloth properly and had someone come out and look at it. They did nothing to fix it after about 6 month started making loud rattling noise and the power cut out from the washing machine. Now not working at all. Customer service don't care at all, paid so much for this machine and only lasted 2 years.

Erin

I can not open your comments to read the rest, please send to my email address.

Louise

LouiseOrange

Not very impressed.

thewhities

thewhitiesNSW

Poor customer service from Bosch

Peternewcastle

Quality machine

Bought because of German engineering - this model is actually made in Germany too. Its reasonably quiet and the eco settings do the same quality wash over a slightly longer period and use a fraction of the energy. The biggest plus though - is the after-sales service. We had a slight hiccup when it was delivered and as soon as Bosch became aware of it, they sent someone to fix the problem, and it was fixed. Expensive, but still good value.
We got it from Harvey Norman. The sales, delivery and after sales service was very poor. Would recommend the Bosch, just from somewhere else.
It looks good. Has a child lock. Has options to use a lot less energy. Great warranty service.
Expensive - but justifiably so.

Concerned

ConcernedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So Far So Good

This machine is quiet and efficient , no problems so far, a lot better than the Ariston I bought from Harvey Normans
I like the water safety shutoff system in case of flooding and the German build quality
Keep well away from the Ariston brand as it broke down multiple times
Quiet and Simple operation
Bit Pricey

Tim4343Grafton

A quality machine

Tim4343

Just an update after almost two years of use....
Absolutely no issues whatsoever. It has not missed a beat and continues to do a stellar job.
100% happy!

helen_ism

helen_ismLaunching Place

Fantastic

Have just purchased one week ago, our new Bosh front loader machine, after having nothing but trouble with my old front whirlpool. It's very quite you don't even know it's running the spin cycle is so quite and doesn't jump over the laundry floor. I love my machine. I will be purchasing further Bosch white goods for the house, I'm impressed.
Quiet, energy & water efficient, can add extra clothing once the machine has started. Has many different washing cycles.
Takes 2 hours to do a normal load, but you can push the speed perfect button to shorten the time

LC32
LC32

Hi, how long is the cycle when your press the speed perfect button then?

Janine
Janine
Jimmy06
Jimmy06

Janine I intrusted to know hows your machine,?

See all Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines reviews

naomi m.asked

WAS32440AU

Hi, we have a new 9k WAW28440AU and have noticed water pools around the rubber entry. I saw a previous post here that someone else's developed mould, ( I assume it's also fro excess water pooling and not draining. )
What can I do? Thanks, Naomi

Leeching
Leeching

I always wipe down any water after use on the rubber seal - it is a bit of effort but that is the way it is. Because I had this habit of making sure the appliance is dry, I never had this mould issue. I also keep the washer door open up to let it air dry and never closed up completely after washing and always keep the door open with 1 inch of a gap to not let the inside trap air.

It doesn't bother me. If the look of it bothers you then just close the washer door back after a few hours.

I also take it a step further by also wiping down the i-dos compartment and pull it out a few inches to let it air dry. Once it is air-dried I will close the i-dos compartment back.

By doing this, my washer feels and smell completely new and fresh even after almost 2 years of owning it.

Hi Naomi,
If water is not draining out of the seal properly we would recommend checking for blockages in the seal drainage holes and calling our customer service team on 1300 369 744 if the problem persists. Working with our colleagues in the UK our customer service line is open 24 hours from Monday 8:30am to Friday 5:00pm so please call at your convenience as some times can be busier than others.
Leeching's advice is good to follow to prevent mould as well.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

naomi m.

Yes, but it is a brand new machine. Nothing is blocked. I have always kept my machines clean and kept doors open. I would expect you shouldn't have to physically dry out and soak up puddles for a new, quality branded machine. I will call the number you said.

Beefadad

Beefadadasked

WAS32440AU

Hi. After 8 years the machine has stopped working. Service person says that it is one of two circuit boards but cannot tell which one (perhaps Bosch needs to better train their technicians!). I was offered a discount off RRP on a new machine, but the cost will be more than buying from GG, BL or similar outlet. Also, I am not keen on spending a lot more for another Bosch when the life expectancy is not greater than an LG or similar. So, can Bosch supply me with the two circuit boards for a very low price and I will replace the boards myself? Thanks.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Beefadad, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine.
If you could please contact us on 1300 167 425 (select option 1), and we'll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Pia Majorasked

WAS32440AU

I tried to open the machine before it was finished and the child lock kicked in. I released the door as instructed on you tube but now the machine is stuck in finished mode of the Delicates cycle And the child lock symbol is still showing And the dial isn’t changing the wash setting. It’s not acknowledging that the cycle finished etc

Hi Pia,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAS32440AU.
If the child lock is still active then the appliance won't complete or start a new cycle. Turn the program selector back to the original program, turn the child lock off and try and continue the program. If this doesn't work then a service call may be needed.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Pia Major

Thanks. I ended up leaving the machine unplugged overnight with door open. I turned power back on and let it beep at me several times and the program eventually cleared. No service call needed yay
Cheers