Bose Wave Music System IV

Bose Wave Music System IV

3.1

Nothing but bugs

I love BOSE. Have done for years. Combine BOSE with WIFI and the relationship ends. Poor slow grindingly slow updates, bad connectivity, only understood by the owner, not user friendly, 26 buttons on the remote! I want to play music! Made a mess out of it. Hopefully will improve. Sad to write this :-(
Get a grip
People

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Looster

LoosterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Small and bassy

Bought a Bose Wave Music system in end October 2017 during Black Friday sale. At first I could not get used to the heavy bass sound. Hooked my TV to the Bose so the sound comes thru Bose. It sounded better than the TV speakers but it also took me a while to get used to the heavy bass sounds.
If I had bought the product at full price, I would probably be upset but at a discount, I suppose it was justified.
I use it every single day and have thus adjusted to the heavy bass sound.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not what I expected

Saved up and bought the Bose Wave Music System IV and amso disappointed. In the Bose store it sounded fantastic but at home it is terrible.. not happy at all. Am returning it to store. My little Radio that I put through the TV sounds 100% better, what have I done?

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Charlie

CharlieSydney, NSW

Bose wave music excellence

I have owned my Bose Wave Music system for about a year now.
I have wanted one for some years and finally treated myself.
Love the sound either through the radio or through blue tooth. I don't tend to use the CD player however it is available if needed. I have also used it to connect my tv and enhance the sound while watching tv.
Neat little remote.
I will probably relocate the unit to my bedroom and use there when I install my surround sound system in my living area.
It is expensive however I'm expecting to get many many years from the unit.
Have no regrets with the unit.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Keith44

Keith44Shepparton

Stupid little remote control

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not impressed

No EQ, sounds terrible. Reduced the base, not happy at all. Don't waste your money on this system, if you are used to top class sound quality. Very disappointed indeed. When I purchased the system, I used it for a day. Packed it in the garage, where it stayed for a year. Tried it again, have decided to give it away.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Disappointed does't cover it..

Just taken delivery of the Soundwave 4 and set it up to play a range of my music. Although the sound was clear that was about it. I expected to be immersed in the music given the price and hype of the unit. Whether is was heavy metal or classics, the sound just didn't cut the mustard and the volume was limited... I wanted to go louder but no. Bose either need to tone down the hype but even more..lower their prices to match the performance....grossly over priced products. I already had a sound dock which did impress me but my latest expensive addition falls way off the pace.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Excellent quality for a non-professional home sound system

Bose say the system is calibrated to provide the most faithful reproduction of the source sounds and this is OK for all the media I am using including digital radio and TV. For deep bass or treble you should purchase systems designed for the purpose and steer clear of Bose.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Box

BoxPerth

Poor sound Quality

I have been a faithful user of Bose products, but am bitterly disappointed with this system. No adjustments for bass or treble, something that could easily have been added. A huge disappointment in the sound ( despite trying it in different locations. Bought it online direct from Bose, if it had been a store I would have taken it back.
Avoid at all costs

Wanoel

WanoelSydney Australia

Bitterly dissapointed

Excellent sound for such a small unit, however, there is no way to adjust for base or treble, accepts only 1 disk at a time, no way to select a specific track, i live in area where no digital stations exist just AM will work in digital area but i cant pick up the AM stations, totally controlled by remote, no spare remote is supplied

Blue tooth not so hot

I just bought a bose wave series 4 cd and radio sound good but not like it did at the bose store the bluetooth sucks trying to stream music from Pandora get 50 percent less volume sound touch app is not user friendly tried calling customer service no one there could help very over priced for what you get thinking about just returning it

Bose & Bluetooth

I have a Bose Wave Sound Touch 1V. When I am playing the radio & I turn on my Apple Imac, the radio immediately shuts off & the sound system searches to pair with the Imac. This did not happen in the first week when I had to go to Bluetooth, Preferences & actually choose the Sound System. Now it chooses for me when I wanted to continue on the radio.

Julie

JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Just love it.

It tunrd out being an expensive christmas night. Went to friends Christmas night and they showed me their new Bose Soundbar and l was hooked with the amazing sound. Went into the Bose shop so helpful and they showed me Bose wave soundtouch and l just can't believe the amazing rich sound. I have set up my tablet, phone and ipod to sync and l just love it

Rene

ReneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ideal for a villa/unit.

MotherGooseTarneit

Bose, Bar None

Rich tones that fill the room from a small device compared to home theatre units I have owned before (LG, Samsung and even Sony).

Have been wanting to buy this for a long time now but because 5yo daughter is now in Gr1 piano (AMEB curriculum), just had to get it our music player at home.

We can distinguish notes from a double bass as low as D1. Amazing clarity.

Worth the $999 we paid. And it even came with a Bonus Soundtouch Bluetooth speaker valued at $179. I was hoping to use this "baby speaker" (as my daughter refers to it) in my home office but she has taken ownership.

MotherGoose

By the way, the Bose Wave IV has wifi/bluetooth connectivity. I think the photo on this page is Wave III.

Total waste of money!!

Only have limited space for a sound system in our house so spent years buying cheaper brands as Bose are expensive. Finally made the purchase as a Christmas 2015 treat, couldn't wait to listen to it - very disappointed could of spent half the money on one from john Lewis and tried the system with helpful assistance. No wonder you can't go into any shop that sells sound systems and try out the Bose wave, good marketing on Bose as it worked on me, thought i was getting something special - so disappointed.

Aussie Rog

Aussie RogLeopold

Not quite what I expected.

See all Bose Wave Music System reviews