Breville Set & Serve

Breville Set & Serve

BRC210, BRC310, BRC200 and BRC300

Does the job, I like it

I haven't had any issues with this so far, cooks rice nicely. Can sometimes dry out if it's left on keep warm for a long time but I usually just unplug it when it's finished. Convenient cooker!

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $32.00.

Rice sticks every time

Sturdy and well designed BUT we’ve tried everything to avoid the rice sticking, but it ALWAYS does, and the bottom cm is hard and crusty and has to be dug out. I know that this is not true of all rice cookers as I previously had a $10 five cup Westinghouse model purchased from Woolies that worked perfectly. I’m fed up with this hopeless Breville model and plan to throw it in the bin.

I Will Never Buy Another Breville Product

This product is awful, the rice sticks to the non-stick surface and on the keep warm function, the rice ends up so dried out that it becomes like a flat disc of rice. Therefore this product can not actually perform either of the functions that it is meant to do.

I nicely messaged Breville to explain the trouble that we were having and they totally blew me off, the only help that they offered was to tell me to wash my rice before I cooked it (I was already doing that). So sorry Breville, customer service means everything to me and so you have lost me as a customer.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Didn't work ever

On my third in 6 months. Worst product ever. Customer service didn't care and will never use Breville again.'
Same problem as other users. So clearly they have a known issue that they will not fix. Breville are a Company that are on the way down and there are plenty of better products on the market.

Do not buy this product. Ever.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

PILE OF RUBBISH, ON 3RD REPLACEMENT.

On my 3rd replacement in 4 months or so. Same issue every time, will not turn on after about 6 uses.
Worked prettty crappy when working, rice tends to stick (i suspect because "keep warm" function is too hot).
Most recent replacement hand delivered by Breville, lasted a week.
I use a gram scale and a mill jug, to ensure corrct amounts, still overcooks and gluggifyies my rice.
taking this one back, getting a crdit, buying anything else.
I could easily pull it apart, ad fix the issue, but that is not my job, and is an obvipoous design fault, and would destroy my warrenty.
Good Guys have been excellent in replacing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ok for the price

Overall I am happy with the product so far. It cooks rice to perfection and there is no effort, just add rice, water and turn it on. Also has a keep warm function. The non-stick pot is also very easy to clean.

The only issue I have is the switch seems very cheap and the overall construction seems a bit cheap. But for just under fifty dollars, it is pretty good.

Easy to use rice-cooker

Beautiful, simple rice cooker. Works well, haven't had any bad experiences. Some rice sticks to the bottom of the rice cooker however this is easily amended by removing the rice from the rice cooker immediately after it cooks and adding more water. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for a rice cooker.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Works great using some handy tips!

Been using it for about 18 months now and am very happy with it.
Had a few problems to start with, rice sticking to bottom, burnt rice when using "keep warm" function, etc., the usual complaints in the other reviews but have got it all sorted now and have been using it successfully for about 18 months.
Use the following tips and I'm sure you'll find it works great.
1) Using the cup provided, basically just add an extra 1/2 a cup of water to every cup of rice you are cooking, eg., 2 cups of rice need 3 cups of water. Have only ever done 3 cups of rice so not sure what happens after that.
2) DO NOT lift lid while it is in the cooking process like I have read in some reviews.
3) Most important is when the rice cooker has clicked to indicate rice is ready, remove bowl from cooker using oven mitts and place on a heat proof surface and allow to sit for a few minutes. Do not remove lid while it is sitting there. The rice really stays quite hot for quite a while.
When ready to serve, remove lid and using plastic spoon provided gently scrape bottom of rice bowl loosening the rice on the bottom. Rice is not really stuck to bottom, just a little compacted.
The rice comes out perfect every time using the above method, enjoy!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

It's handy and temperamental

I wanted something small and this is perfect, the only problem is, there is a lot of juggling around until you get it right, the right amount of water, the cooking time and leaving it in there when done, if you leave it for too long it will all glue together and this has been happening mainly if cooking too long, also there is an issue with the steamer if you want to check it while cooking have an oven glove on first, I am not 100% happy with this product!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good Product

The products is not expensive at all. I must say it is very easy to use, no complicated buttons. It comes with free rice spoon and a steamer. It has a non stick plate cooker.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great rice cooker

This rice cooker is great, and so easy to use. You just set it and go. It also automatically switches to a keep warm setting when it's done cooking. I would say it's a bit slower than cooking rice on a stove, and occasionally bubbles up under the lid if the measurements aren't spot on, but otherwise it's a nice product.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Excellent Rice cooker

I purchased my BRC 310 soft and serve rice cooker 6 months ago. I love it because It cooks perfect rice for me and also same time I can do steaming.And also It cooks chick peas and grains perfectly.After cooking very easy to clean and and store.I purchased this from Myer when it was 20% off and I really happy with price and product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love this rice cooker

This rice cooker replaced a Kmart branded one! It is great. Just pop in equal amounts of rice and water, stir once and done. It has instructions to make the rice soft and fluffy and that is how it comes out! The added steamer basket is particularly helpful! We just turn it on and leave it! Very pleased with the purchase!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A+ very happy

Purchased this rice cooker probably 2 years ago. Have never had any significant problems with it, cooks well, easy to use.. Surprised by the negative comments. The only issue I have encountered recently after a lot of use is that it's no longer non stick.. But this is easily solved by soaking the pan for a few minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Worst breville product I have ever bought..

I have bought lots of breville product and it has always been good but this product is absolutely bizarre.. how could they sell such a product.... breville has to do something about this product... used for a week ..every time it sticks .. it's the sticker ricer cooker . Do something about this.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Breville have a cheek selling this!

I have tried to cook rice three times in the rice cooker and every time it sticks! I've tried brown rice, white rice and Basmati rice with the same outcome. I even added extra water the last time to see if that helps but no it still stuck. How they can keep on selling this product when almost all the reviews point to there being a fault with it I don't understand. Come on Breville a recall is required!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Not what I expected.

I read some reviews before I bought this product and naively assumed that perhaps the people who wrote them were not using the product correctly. Nope.
The rice sticks and burns every time, without fail, despite following the directions exactly.
Every appliance I own is Breville, but when I replace this I will be looking elsewhere. Clearly Breville do not produce the quality of appliance that I thought they did.
If I didn't buy this on clearance, I would take it back. At least the fact that it was on clearance indicates Breville have done away with it and perhaps come out with a better product that actually works.

*edit, I have changed my method for washing starch off rice and gotten better results... Using A LOT of water washing the rice though and all in all don't find it efficient.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Sticks

I put my rice cooker away for 12 months because it always sticks and boils dry. Saw it in the back of the cupboard and decided to try again. Dismal failure.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Bad quality cooker and trips circuit right after 12 month warranty is over. Won't buy another Brevil

-steam and water somehow overflows through the lid just about everytime.
-need to manually turn off or rice will stick to bottom if auto-turnoff.
-trips circuit right after 12 month warranty period is over.
- my last National Rice cooker lasts over 20 years and still going strong until i had to give it away.
Won't buy another Breville product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Rubbish

Looked at reviews before purchase they must have all been written by Breville share holders.Followed directions and cooked rice and low and behold it catches on bottom every time without fail .Good on you Breville for bringing yet another bad product out. Still only paid $25 for it so it not the end of the world but the end of Breville in my house.

May 2nd 2017 Update: Rubbish you have to add more rice to get amount of rice you want.

Do not buy save money and burn rice some other way cheaper. This is nothing more than an uncontrolled electrical
device. This will only cost you the money you have paid for the cooker but also time cleaning out rice stuck to the bottom of (wait for it ) non stick surface.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
No response from Breville yes they know it,s a another cheap import. So really they are just a import company for bad products that are substandard.