VerifiedMPNs:BES500SST and BES500SST4JAN1

Holly Clegg3 posts
AGRADEMECHANIC
AGRADEMECHANICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC114 posts

WHY.SUCH.A.BASIC.MISTAKE?

Although only a week old and working like it should after my wife bought it home, I wonder why they would make the BASIC MISTAKE of making the water tank.100%.clear.for.the.daylight.to."attack".the.water.and.promote.algae?????????
Douha M.
Douha M.

Best investment I’ve ever made

If you’re a mum, with infants/toddlers and don’t want to leave the house, this is the best thing you can buy if you need your coffee every morning! I’ve had this for over a year now, and I cannot go a day without it! Sure I’ll have cafe coffee here and there but at the times you need a warm hug the most, this is it!! I have turned so many family members to investing in this and they too have never looked back! So much better than coffee pod machines too! Easy to do and easy to clean, pretty to look at and super simple.
I was also tossing between this one and the smeg machine, but I don’t regret this purchase. The milk frother does it all on its own and it’s so much easier to understand too. Show details
hutchyhouse
hutchyhouse15 posts

WE love it !

We purchased this to save on our take away coffee expenses and after tasting the coffee from a friends Bambino machine.
This is great - the coffee tastes fabulous.
It is easy to learn how to use. It is not as quick as pod machines and involves a bit more cleaning but we think it is worth it and better environmentally.
Very easy to fill the basket and get a shot , and easy to froth milk whilst cleaning the basket for the next coffee. ( Which is also great for kids hot chocolates )
As other have stated - big water reservoir, easy to use and clean ( download the instructions app and follow ) , great consistent coffee, looks great.
We are saving plenty on cafe coffee and think our at home coffee tastes better! Show details
Alex
Alex6 posts
Vanessa B.
Vanessa B.Perth, WA2 posts
Natalie K.
Natalie K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant machine

This machine makes a fantastic coffee. I wanted an upgrade from a pod machine coffee and the chance to use a variety of beans (due to environmental impact of pods). I had to purchase a grinder separately. Once I perfected my grind and style, I can consistently make a perfect coffee. It is way better than barista made coffees at cafes and I am a coffee snob! I have friends who have bought really expensive coffee machines and I have been unimpressed. Temperature etc is great and the automatic milk frother is great, but I prefer to do it manually for the perfect latte. You do need a fine grind for delicious coffee. It’s also very small and looks great on the bench. I’m so glad I bought this machine as it makes me happy on a daily basis. Show details
J.J
J.JSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  BES500SST

Had it for three months and in for repair already

Suddenly stopped heating water/steam. Owned it for just over three months, and now in for a repair for min 4 weeks. It seems pretty unreliable considering it from Breville. Coffee quality is pretty average, but certainly easy to use. It is recommended for a person who is buy in the morning to prepare to go to work, and still has enough time to drop in for service centre during normal working hours. Breville won't orgranise pickup from your office, and you physically need to go into their authorised service centre. Show details
Milk Frothing
Ketts67
Ketts67Turner 2612, ACT4 posts

Awesome little machine

So much easier than my Little Guy with excellent results once you get the grind spot on. The auto milk frothing is awesome, cafe quality milk while your off doing something else.

The main draw back is the size of the drip tray but you can live with it for great coffee at home. Show details