Breville Bambino Plus BES500

• Milk Frothing
Alex
Alex

Excellent little coffee machine

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $420.00.

Elees
EleesPerth, WA

The best purchase! Love it!

I love coffee and since having my first baby and being on maternity leave, I have found a new love for it! I wanted a machine that had a small footprint (I have limited bench space) but I didn’t want to compromise on quality. I settled for the Breville Bambino Plus and what a good choice that was! The machine itself is compact and semi automatic which makes it super easy to make my coffee with minimal cleaning and mess. The taste of the coffee is phenomenal (I make sure I buy good coffee beans which I’m sure would help) to the point where I would say it tastes the same as what I’d get at the cafe.
This machine has honestly been the best purchase, well worth the money.

Purchased in March 2021 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

TimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes fabulous coffee when working

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for $499.00.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Bambino Plus BES500 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

SusanL
SusanLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great coffee but irritating portafilter

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer.

Fussy Angus
Fussy Angus

Breville nails the home espresso machine brief

Purchased in August 2020 at Amazon.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Garry Hookey
Garry HookeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent coffee machine

I posted a review regarding the DeLonghi Dedica machine. I returned the machine and was refunded. I now have a Breville Bambino plus machine. It works perfectly and is very easy to use. I also bought the Breville mini knock box which complements the machine. The bambino was $200 dearer but worth the money

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for $478.00.

Candy
Candy

I love it - a lot!

I love this little machine. Perfect coffee like a cafe and the automatic milk frother is great. Takes some getting used to and coffee needs be ground properly but if you learn what works for your tastes you won't be disappointed. The biggest plus for me is its small size and the fact it looks beautiful on my kitchen bench.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Ronnie
RonnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

OK but some annoying oversights

I got mine at the factory outlet in Brisbane with a minor dent which no one will ever notice.
Good looking and makes an excellent coffee.
Getting the portafilter in can be hard.
Sometimes the filter basket gets stuck to the machine.
Auto frothing is fine but I do it better manually.

Update:
Getting the portafilter in was hard and the filter basket sticks to the machine.
I did some DIY to modify the portafilter and it works fine now but I do think this was an oversight of Breville quality control.

Purchased in July 2020 for $349.00.

CJay
CJayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Injury and frustration awaits. Wait for the updated model.

It may have a lot of good points but if you have to fight for a coffee it’s not a nice experience. Bought this machine for mum for Mother’s Day. She’s 70, but still does 10 pushups every morning (on her toes!!) so is no weakling. She can’t quite get the group head handle into place as it’s so darn tight. I can get it in place but like all the reviews say, you’re bear hugging the machine to do so. We exchanged it for the barista express and life’s a dream for her every morning. Wait for the updated version where they get the seal/handle balance right. Breville your quality controllers didn’t pick this up..??

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Milan P.
Milan P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice when it works

This is the second time I had this machine fixed in 6 months. First time within the first month no hot water, boiler dead. Second time I can’t get it out of cleaning mode no matter how many times I run the back flush program. Would I buy it again, NO way. Rubbish reliability.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

Sarah K
Sarah KPerth, WA

Fantastic automatic milk without a pod machine

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones for $371.00.

SunGypzy
SunGypzySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed

I am so disappointed with this machine.
Issue 1: The filter baskets get stuck in the machine after extraction. Difficult to remove.
Issue 2: Also, the auto milk frother does not produce the silky microform with my Bonsoy milk, no matter what setting (heat / froth strength) I'm setting it on. I used the Breville Creatista at work for years, which has an auto milk frother as well, with outstanding results every single time.. I wanted to get away from the capsules type machines, so I choose the Bambino. Brilliant idea, gorgeous looking little machine, but frustrating to use and does not deliver. Im also struggling to get a good coffee out of it, but thats most likely user issue then the machines.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $350.00.

Vanessa B.
Vanessa B.Perth, WA

Great machine

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $424.00.

Natalie K.
Natalie K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant machine

This machine makes a fantastic coffee. I wanted an upgrade from a pod machine coffee and the chance to use a variety of beans (due to environmental impact of pods). I had to purchase a grinder separately. Once I perfected my grind and style, I can consistently make a perfect coffee. It is way better than barista made coffees at cafes and I am a coffee snob! I have friends who have bought really expensive coffee machines and I have been unimpressed. Temperature etc is great and the automatic milk frother is great, but I prefer to do it manually for the perfect latte. You do need a fine grind for delicious coffee. It’s also very small and looks great on the bench. I’m so glad I bought this machine as it makes me happy on a daily basis.

Purchased in January 2020 at Myer for $399.00.

JamesW
JamesWHobart, TAS

An awesome performing espresso machine in a small space saving design.

This unit produces great espresso as long as you dial in the coffee grind to the right fineness.
It produces 3 different levels of milk temperature and textures depending on taste and preference.

I would recommend this product to a starting out home barista or intermediate level coffee enthusiastic wanting to produce quick and easy espresso!

Purchased in December 2019 for $450.00.

Helen Casked
Bambino Plus BES500

I bought one in February but can’t get a good extraction out of either the single or double shot. Have tried several different grind sizes, with the double shot i’m lucky to get 30ml of coffee. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fault with my machine??

Tim

Grind should be just starting to clump ish as it lands in the basket. You can go quite course with the double wall basket and still get a reasonable shot. R u too fine and it’s choking? Wet or dry puck? How’s it run without a shot in it (it is possible that the hole in the basket is blocked but unlikely if this problem was from new)? What coffee are you using (if from the supermarket it will be very ordinary)?

Helen C

The puck is coming out wet. We use an expresso grind from a local coffee roaster.

Helen C

Without the group handle i’m getting 63g of water, when the group handle is in with coffee I’m getting 40g of coffee. Puck is wet but comes out in clumps, maybe I’m expecting to much as we also have an oracle as our everyday machine.

Mhe
Mheasked
Bambino Plus BES500

I would like to buy a single (non pressurised) filter basket for my Breville Bambino Plus, however Breville Customer Service advised me you cannot use these basket with this particular machine, I have a Breville Dose Control Grinder Pro and prefer to grind my coffee beans and use the single wall filter basket instead of the provided dual wall. Question is a single wall filter basket compatible with this espresso machine

From their own website:-
Filter 1 Cup Single Wall
Model: SP0001518 (works with BES500)

They also have the 2 Cup Single Wall which we bought from them and use.

Nan B.
Nan B.asked
Bambino Plus BES500

Hi.. my Bambino plus BES500 has stopped making hot Steam/water. I’ve cleaned, descaled then factory respect. Nothing. Does it have a thermostat? I love my Bambino Coffee machine.. I’m in Geraldton WA 6530. Is there someone that can help me here plz ?

Reviewer R.

Why not ask Breville directly?

See all Breville Bambino Plus BES500 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Breville Bambino Plus BES500

Compare all 3 Breville Bambino Plus BES500
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $599.95$599.95$599.95
Input Power1,600 W1,600 W1,600 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNo
Water Tank Capacity1.9 L1.9 L1.9 L
Dimensions 310 x 195 x 320 mm310 x 195 x 320 mm310 x 195 x 320 mm
Weight5 kg5 kg5 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack TruffleSea Salt